It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Indiana Resisdents UFO sightings increasing

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Root Mean,
Welcome to this thread..are you in IN? I tried shining maglight at them back in '04 I think. Three additional ones illuminated in the area just behind the one I shined the light at. Very weird.

BP

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
C'mon now, let's not let this nice lil' thread fizzle out on us...

Is it me or are the number of orb sightings in the last year vastly increasing?? I remember in '05 when I checked there were several reports but little video. Now, it seems as though the majority of non-faked vid's are of orbs and usually of the amber/orange style. Speaking of, did I remember to post the BEST orb video I've ever seen? Not best for quality, but of behavior. I won't ruin it for you, but it's worth your time to check out www.ufophysical.com . After you watch the video, check on the details for the color photos taken simultaneously. Crazy stuff. I was given a copy of the marleys woods dvd by a family member of the land owner. This has been going on in the area for 40 years give or take, and it has a long, documented history that was recorded over time. Tell me what you think.

Oh, and once again--please go through my compilation of MUFON orb/ball o light witness reports. They are from indiana only but the volume of reports gives you an idea of activity level. Plus the forums there are pretty stale and more discussion is always better.

Edit: links are goodmufonmembers.proboards55.com...

PS, sequence: I tried to U2U you, but I'm not grown up enough to be trusted yet.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by RootMean]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RootMean

Rootmean,
Thanks for the link on history of this phenomenon in Indiana! Yes the video shot in Missouri at Center for Physical evidence site does appear to be similar to what is being seen in Indiana(at least similar to what I saw). Main difference I'd say was the duration..many times they would be illuminated for a couple minutes..Some would slowly dim others blink off. Also instead of just appearing and being stationairy I remember them all moving somewhat together in a particular direction. They moved sometimes at different rates. I noted someone on MUFON also mentioned a sparkle effect. I saw that a couple of times usually after all OBOL were gone.
BP

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Still happening gang..check this account out from www.ufostalker.com... not the Kokomo area..but sounds similar

Case ID: 11204
Log Number: US-06172008-0003
Submitted Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:27:31 UTC
Event Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 01:20:00 UTC
City: Greenwood
Region: Indiana
Longitude: -86.1238021850586
Latitude: 39.60240173339844
Shape: Fireball,Star-like
Duration: 00:07:00
Distance: Unknown
Terrain: Fields
Location Specifics: Airport
Visibility: Clear
Description:
� My buddy was driving home and I was in the passenger seat.� We were between County Line Rd. and Main St, in Greenwood, IN.� We just finished eating dinner with another friend, and we were all heading back home.� Randomly I looked up at the sky from the passenger seat.� I saw two very intense bright amber-colored lights high above the sky.� It looked like they would have been over the city of Frankln or Columbus IN, which are� approx. 7 and 20 miles from Greenwood respectively.� So I was looking South and saw these 2 lights.� Then a third light popped up out of nowhere.� The three got into a clustered group and formed a nearly triangular shape.� � I remember thinking up until then that it was road flares, because that was the only thing that it looked like it could have been(even though the lights appeared from thin air, unlike road flares).� Next four more of these lights showed up out of nowhere, just like the third light.� The seven lights remained clustered, then they formed a diagonal line, very well organized I might add.� This is when I started to get the goosebumps.� After forming the line the seven got back into a spread out clustered formation, and many of them started to blink and flash.� Then they started to disappear.� Amazingly they all reappeared in different parts of the sky fractions of a second after they disappeared.� It was like they were covering miles and miles of skyline in tenths of a second.� They just kept disappearing and reappearing.� I remember how upset we were when they were gone, then we would get really pumped up when they would reappear, it was an amazing sight.� If I had to describe the light I would compare it to the way a large street light looks from a slight distance, however these lights were more intense and had a very high altitude.� � The weird thing was that I called some local news affiliates from Indianapolis, and I kept getting told it was a Marine helicopter training exercise.� Oddly the police department knew nothing about the Marine training exercise. These lights were not helicopters, unless they were helicopters that could disappear and reappear and not make a sound (if you see a helicopter you can hear it).� Also about 45 minutes after the spectacle helicopters started flying right by my apartment southbound, toward the area of the event.� There were approximately 8 choppers total heading down there and they were all low and in a hurry.� Helicopters never fly around like that in my neck of the woods unless its emergency or news choppers.� � Some helpful information I could give would be that there is a small airport 2 miles west from where I first witnessed the lights.� Also there is a military training base (Camp Atterbury) about 20 minutes south from Greenwood IN.� To my knowledge this base does not deal w/ military flight or aviation.� I am a skeptical person and I tend to find rational worldly explanations for everything I hear and see.� What I saw last night was either an extremely advanced form of human aviation, or some other form of aviation that I guess would not be human.� I am not so concerned with it being terrestrial/extraterrestrial, I just want to know how those lights were moving and disappearing/reappearing like that.� Sorry to type so much but I am hoping someone gets on here that was in the same area last night, and can share their story, so I want to be as descriptive as possible.� � In closing I want to say that the way they formed their patterns was odd.� They went from two lights to three lights, and made a triangle.� Then four more appeared and the 7 made a diagonal line.� Then the spread clustering, and the dissappearing/reappearing.� Then it was like they worked back down to finish.� They formed back into a cluster, then a diagonal line, then there were only two left (They left the triangle out at the end).� I'm getting chills right now here at work as I am typing this.� This is my first ever experience with anything like this, and I must say it was the oddest and most fascinating thing I have ever witnessed in my 24 years of existence.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The Marines will be in the Indy area until 6/19/08 doing all sorts of "training". I had a couple of helicopters buzz over my home last night also. Not sure what he may have seen though, could it have been search lights mounted on helicopters?

On another note, this past Saturday my aunt was driving back from Cinn, Ohio along I-74 west bound when she saw a stationery black circle in the sky. She said there were several dozens cars lined up along the side of the road observing it also.

She swears that it wasnt a cloud, because while the clouds were moving and the circle was staying still. Does anyone have any other reports of this incident?

[edit on 17-6-2008 by MrMaze]

[edit on 17-6-2008 by MrMaze]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I for one is still on here, I can only access the web for short time. My road is under remodifications and the state crews has cut a line in front of my home and the other crews are waiting for everyone else to finish what they are doing, so in the meantime, I am only temporary while they move and haul dirt away. I am filming every clear night and have some weird shots and manuevers. Jeff Ritzmann is analysing some of my footage now from April. I am seeing more orbs and weird activity. last night, I could hear heavy aircraft presence and weird light bar displays. The animals were howling and the pressure around my home caused my ears to pop continuously around 10:40 p/m. Looking through binoculars high into sky, I could see pinhead white lights traveling north to south and vice-versa, I counted 17 individual pinhead lights. May be space debris, It was just interesting, hard to follow because of speed.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMaze

I believe I read something similar on Mufon site, a woman had children with her and they all observed. I can not recall the day, but it was recently.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I finally got a little something done and posted a somewhat-lowered quality copy of my sighting on mufon. It's at www.mufoncms.com...

Opinions? The small luminous dot that goes between the flashes is not visible to the eye. Perhaps with binoculars they would be. I'm still very interested in the swarms of flickering strobes that accompany these things. Quite a few accounts speak of them, and maybe more would if directly questioned on the subject. The quantity of lights and their proximity are what get me...Im stump-ed.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Rootmean,
Again thanks for video/post - very interesting and seems similar to what they see in Kokomo maybe best shots yet.
From ufostalker

Log Number: US-06192008-0004
Submitted Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:58:33 UTC
Event Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:00:00 UTC
City: KoKomo
Region: Indiana
Longitude: -86.13330078125
Latitude: 40.48440170288086
Shape: Star-like
Distance: Unknown
Entity Type: None

Description:
I couldnt sleep So I walked over to my window and looked out I immediately noticed This tremendously bright star more brillant then I had ever seen as i continued to watch it , it began changing colors , red, blue, green, white...(by this time I am scared to death and hiding behind the curtains lol) then all of a sudden it darted straight up say about 100 yrds or so then it got bigger and you could see it brighter then ever before with large strobe lights that just kept blinking and then it began to fade out as if it was moving away and was gone... I dont know what it going on in Kokomo but if anyone else could tell me they saw it too please post!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Hello Rootmean, Are you from Kokomo or where. I have a short clip of the orange orb over the Kokomo mall. Yours is great. You can see a triangle attached to it sort of. Keep your camera ready and I hope you can blow the top off this thing. What time of night and what area were you in . Thanks, Magic.starlight

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

this one has no background data.
there's no variation in color/ i've never seen a photograph that doesn't have background data before. usually when you see a solid color sheet like that it indicates it was a blank canvas that has been filled with all one color of digital paint.

it doesn't make any sense. what type of camera was used? forgive me if these questions have already been asked

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaze

Military activity during all this.. Sounds very similar to what was going on in my hometown around the time I and my family saw multiple UFO's in a 3year period. At least 2 incidents involved 3 people or more seeing the same unexplainable objects. One of the incidents involved about a dozen or so of my family members at a cookout. We all saw these things, we all know they weren't normal. We all knew we were seeing something important.

The 2 major events I'm talking about are still on MUFON I believe, although they are old sightings..

SIGHTING 1

SIGHTING 2

Anyway, these events all happened between 1995 and 1998. We saw 3 other objects in this timeframe which could very well have been UFO's also. I am an astronomy buff, always have been. So, I am very good at deciphering what is a meteor, what is a satellite, etc.etc.. These were not astronomical phenomenon or the planet Venus..

These sightings involved a few very odd experiences NOT involving UFO's. My grandparents have an old private landing strip right in front of their home that my grandfather used to use frequently when he had a cessna. The landing strip ends at the house. His airplane hanger is still there but the landing strip is pretty grown over with grass now. I was alone at home at about 2pm on a summer day back in 1995 when I heard a thundering sound. I walked out front and saw 4 pitch-black helicopter (blackhawks I think) that had landed on the old private landing strip. They landed and sat with engines running for about 15 minutes and I saw people walking around outside the helicopters for a few minutes. Don't know what they were doing.

My father later built a small house about a mile from my grandparent's home. On two occasions, around noon, we would experience the house shaking so violently things were falling off the shelves and breaking. It felt like the place was going to explode.. On one of these occasions my friend was with me and he saw what he described as a very bright spark out of the corner of his eye.

I later did some research and discovered that this same exact phenomenon is commonly associated with cattle mutilations (which is ironic considering this was in the country with cattle everywhere). Although we never heard from the owner of the cattle anything odd being discovered like cattle being precisely cut apart or anything. But he probably wouldn't have said anything anyway just knowing the people that live in this area..

On both occasions I walked down to my grandparent's home which was about 1/4 mile away. They get up early, so I know if it was thunder, an earthquake, or a sonic boom they would have known about it. They NEVER experienced any shaking like we had. Both occasions involved an extremely clear, sunny, hot, summer day in Oklahoma with no storms or rainclouds nearby.

Also, within this 3 year timeframe of odd goings-on, there used to be a blue car which would sit in front of my grandparent's house, sometimes for 45 minutes to an hour. Noone wuld ever get out. I noticed this probably 15 different times. Usually between 3AM and 530AM. I used to try to catch it to try and see who was inside.

Once I was able to get pretty close to it before it sped off. I was shocked to find that the person inside was WATCHING ME the whole time. On both occasions I tried to catch it the car sped off down the road going at least 50 on this dirt road (that is fast for a washboarded dirt road). The wierd thing is the car would stop, the headlights would turn off, and it would just SIT! I have no idea why or who it was doing this..

In fall 1996 the wierd night-time car stopped coming around.. When it was coming around, it never came every night but every other night.

-ChriS

[edit on 20-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It looks like the lights are slowly heading south.

Lets keep an eye on them and keep reporting them, so we can keep maps updated.

The following animated GIF is from March and May showing the reports of anomalus lights referenced by a + symbol, moving south.

I would also like to point out these anomalous lights are showing up in Florida UFO map

Florida residents keep an eye in the sky see if we can compare and see if these anomalous lights are the same as Indiana.

-Kdial1

[edit on 21-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well it did not take long to find some video on the Florida anomalous lights, they are so eriely similar to the Indiana Lights.

Here is the video:

Video Link

So my question to all of you in Indiana is: Does this look like the anomalous lights you all have seen?

Also this video from March in Miami: Video

I can't find shuttle launch for that date.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

canaveral launches alot of stuff, also.
kennedy is shuttle.
canaveral is military payloads.
they are separated from each other by about 15 miles i think.
different installations.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
K-Yes, from what I can tell, those appear to be what I've seen in Indiana. I live in the Southwest portion, the "tip of the sock" as I like to call it. The weathers fitting, too. The smell, not so much-although with the receding flood waters some areas are pretty dank.

I'm wishing now that I'd uploaded the full quality version, MUFON streams at 300+ K/sec, so It wouldnt be that big of a deal. Maybe I'll repost it, the comressed versions don't really do justice to something that is only several pixels wide in some frames. Did you notice toward the beginning, I think it was :10, that there were 2 small things going past the camera, from the bottom center to the left center? At one part, there is a flare and something splits off of it in opposite directions and the one that flys the left then becomes a flare itself. Its hard without the context of the whole video to see where things are headed and where they come from, but I wanted to keep it as high quality and short as possible. Does anyone know somewhere I can upload it that won't take three days both ways?

Glad to see the thread up and running again, I was getting worried for a bit...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hi Rootmean, I am almost positive if you U2U Springer or SkepticOverlord they will host your Higher quality video, they have both taken an interest in it. I am sure you saw my other thread with your video.Need Analysis on this video of UFO's from Illinois (11-09-07)

It would be awesome to get a higher quality video. Keep us updated! In the meantime I will try and find a upload site that will allow higher quality videos.

How big is the video file?

Edit: You might try this site to upload the larger file. www.uploadbigfiles.net

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would recommend asking some questions in my other thread I mentioned above. It is getting alot more attention. From my video it says it is streaming at 6291K/sec.

Yes I did notice both of those. I have inverted the YUV on the video which pretty much makes it black. It looks like it may be a military training exercise.

You know how you were saying it looks like the little ones are lighting up the big ones. Well it could be a Jet in the distance doing evasive manuevers letting chaff or flares out. Giving the illusion like it is lighting them up. Just a thought.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Discussed in this thread by BP: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Video:

Video Link

-Kdial1

Edit: Being discussed in a thread by BP another sighting with cideo in Indiana.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Kdial1,
There is a thread on the Greenwood thing I posted yesterday..Go check it out- hsur lives there and may be able to find more out.

BP

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join