It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Indiana Resisdents UFO sightings increasing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I just got done watching the Stephenville, Texas UFO Hunters episode so I decided to take a look at MUFON's UFO weather map for the dates here is January 2008:

Now here is the current Map for March 2008 reports....notice the increase in Indiana....Keep an eye out Indiana and Illinois....could this be the next Stephenville?

[edit: image size]

[edit on 20-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I used to live in southern Indiana. OK, it was a small town, and at night it was quiet and you could star gaze(as opposed to city living with light pollution).

Anyway, I saw these really weird...flying crafts, to me they appeared LARGE, LOUD, and had lights under them lit up. The were triangular shaped, and flew in weird elliptical patterns, two or more or just solo, and make 'rounds'.

One night we were cruising on a very rural backroad, and it was the middle of the night. All of a sudden, we FREAK because a VERY low unidentified object flew over us. It was blue and triangular, and had a row lights under neath on its bottom side. I almost wrecked rubber necking at it. It flew real slow and one of my passengers almost cried they were so scared.

All I know is I know what a plane looks like at night. This was freaky, and in Indiana late summer/fall/winter 2007.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi Kdial1. Your thread caught my attention as I live in central Indiana. However, your maps that you posted to do show Indiana and Illinois. You may also want to provide your links.

Here is a map of the area for Jan. 08:

and Feb. 08:

and Mar. 08:

~source~

I apologize for the crude pictures, I'm not the best at resizing and cropping, etc.

It looks like Jan. and March were active months in central Indiana (esp. March) and points north, but Illinois appears to be pretty quiet especially in March with the exception of usual sightings in the northeast corner of Illinois and northwest corner of Indy.

I would be most grateful if you could expand a little on your reasoning regarding increased awareness in Indy and Illinois. We've had quite a bit of cloud cover the past month or so in my area, so it's been a little difficult for me to get out and gaze much.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I live in Indianapolis, right in the heart of Indiana.

I've been looking to the skies but as of yet I have not spotted a UFO. I work a weird shift. 1:00 - 9:30 PM EST. I will continue to watch the skies when I can.

This is neat info. Can anyone expand upon it? Thanks for the link hsur2112.

Dean

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ok quick, slightly off topic question but...

Whats the diff between a triangle, square and cross/+ sign on there?
I understand the color differences but what?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

I was just going to get ready to explain those..... here is a quick explanation of symbols on the map:

as for what is my reasoning for the increased sightings in Indiana.....well look at the map for March there is increased anomalous lights being spotted everywhere.

Btw thanks for shrinking the maps down....I have them posted at full size.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by kdial1]

[edit on 10-4-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the table kdial1.

Amplifeye, some of those nice little symbols are sitting right over our area. I'm just a little south of you.

Kdial1, if we do see anything, we will certainly update your thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

This is true. I will certainly keep my eyes peeled. I'm going to Flag the thread and give the OP a star for bringing this to my attention. You also get a star hsur2112.

Good to know I'm not the only one keeping tabs on the sky here.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amplifeye

Good to know I'm not the only one keeping tabs on the sky here.

Same here. I don't run into many hoosiers out here in ats land. I'll add you as a friend, do the same and if you see or hear of anything just u2u me.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Reciprocated. I'll be sure to U2U you. Haha. Lots of U s.

I have a slight problem seeing the stars at night because I work very near the heart of downtown, and live in a highly populated area. Lots of lights flooding my view.

How is your view?

EDIT to fix type-o

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Amplifeye]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am right dead center of Southern Indiana. I've been outside lately due to the starry nights and checking out the UPS planes that go right over my house on their way to Louisville. I had read about the Indiana sightings but noticed that most were in the northern part of the state.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yes, Indiana has no shortage of UFO sitings. I have lived NE/NW and SE and had sitings in each local. One thread I had out there on subject was

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amplifeye

How is your view?

Not bad, I'm about 10 mi. south of the Johnson/Marion cnty line on about one acre of woods, but then lots a clear skies. We do alot of camping in Spencer, my favorite places for meteor showers and star gazing.

Originally posted by aceace
I had read about the Indiana sightings but noticed that most were in the northern part of the state.

They have all the fun!
I suppose that is to be expected with the Grissom base, quite of few of those sightings have been from the Kokomo and Peru areas. But the base is inactive now I believe, and still getting alot of sightings, odd. There is one case that I will try to find if I get time involving two separate individuals, I believe one on the north end of Kokomo and one on the south end, reporting the same thing at the same time, both reports are on the mufon site, I will dig that up in a bit. A good deal of these sightings involve orange light orbish things....I want to see one!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Wow! You must get a great view then. I'll keep watch for the updates on the two MUFON reports.

Thanks, again!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The link I provided is concerning the orange lights you mention. It seems March/April are peak monthes of activity..I saw them on several occasions. Recent ones are described on Indiana MuFON site. Same as I saw a couple years ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Yes, Indiana has no shortage of UFO sitings. I have lived NE/NW and SE and had sitings in each local. One thread I had out there on subject was

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hi blackprojects. I remember that thread. I posted in that thread the incident that I am referring to, so if you don't mind I'll post it here too.

"One incident that I thought was very interesting is the case of a Delphi security guard that experienced this on Jan. 24, '08. In addition to the sighting they experienced engine failure in their truck, interference on the cell phone and nitrogen and hallo alarms going off (I presume at the plant). There was an additional report just two minutes prior to this from someone coming out of Greentown heading towards Kokomo as well as 20 min. later by the security guard's mom."

Incident #1: 7:06 pm

Incident #2: 7:08 pm

Mods: I'm quoting myself from blackprojects above posted thread, I hope that is ok since this isn't a controversial thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Maybe I'll have some luck now that the weather is getting better, ok, well not today....crummy. Regardless, I'm always looking up.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
No problem on quoting..the phenomenon is still happening. If you look back in history seems each Mar/April there are several sitings. If anyone does want to see this phenomenon then find open area where you can look toward Kokomo. Usually everytime I saw them was before 9 PM. In my case it was Lafayette/Delphi looking to East/Southeast. Lights I saw were not orange although many would describe them as orange- they were amber....and bright. Two strangest aspects were the flashes or twinkling in the sky after all amber lights were gone and the the they went in procession then all of a sudden a trailing one would illuminate. I have discussed this with friends only possible explanation we had involved a string of flares with different timers. I never saw a lead aircraft. On a couple of occasions I did see aircraft a few minutes after the sitings. If you ever see it I doubt you would think it was a conventional aircraft.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
BlackProjects, one question, one statement...

1) Do you still live in Indy?

2) If so, be sure to u2u me if you have another sighting.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
hsur2112,
1) Yes NE Indiana
2) Will do

I am usually looking up as well. On the way to work I think back in Dec I saw something strange in the SW sky. It looked like two balls of light connected by a rod of light.... dead still. I watched through a couple stop lights and noticed that a policeman next to me was ducking to keep it in view as well.

BP

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join