It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look Up At The Sky This April 22nd

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why was the 22nd picked as the date of the alleged viewing of UFO's ??

was this date picked because of the Lyrids meteor shower is due then? if you are looking for alien ships on this date you will see approx 10-20 meteors per hour then RA 18 08 DEC +50

During the time the shower is due you will see most meteors if you dont look at the radient but watch about 45 DEG away (approx 45 DEG above the horizon)

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
I'll reply to this since the rest of your post explicated on the very principles of universal logic, philosophy and linguistics, that which come from us, and that which you you are using and putting to use in your post to try and defeat them. Fighting fire with fire.

How do we know this won't work?

Actually, the point I was making is that just because something can't be proven empirically doesn't mean that thing doesn't exist. I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to.

Just think of all the people that pray to "God" and nothing ever happens nor does "God" ever show up. They've been praying now for thousands if not hundreds of thousands or millions of years to these Gods and this God. Still, the only thing of significance that ever comes from a Human Being is when it stops praying and takes up responsibility for itself and its planet and makes physical action its substitute for sitting in a dark room with hands crossed sending telepathic messages to an invisible deity.

Actually, I know of plenty of people who claim to have gotten very real results through prayer, gnosis and other mystical rituals which look silly to outsiders. I myself feel as though I've had some of my prayers answered. A common misconception of faith is that it somehow allows the believer to hang up personal responsibility or conscience - in most of the devout people I know (of any religion), I find the opposite to be true, and there is an invigorated concern for how one's actions affect the people and world around oneself.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental
was this date picked because of the Lyrids meteor shower is due then?

Holy crap you're right

Every year in late April Earth passes through the dusty tail of Comet Thatcher (C/1861 G1), and the encounter causes a meteor shower--the Lyrids. This year the shower peaks on April 22nd and 23rd.

The best time to look, no matter where you live, is during the hours before dawn on Sunday April 22nd and Monday April 23rd. If you wake before 2 am and watch the sky until sunrise, you can expect to see at least a dozen meteors.

I don't think anyone will be out at 2 a.m. on the 22nd, never the less if we don't see any UFO's we can enjoy the meteor shower!

Definitely marking the 22nd on my calendar now.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My apologies for outburst. 9 times out of 10 I just walk away and shut up.
This time I couldn't do that. Being labeled as a passive aggressive liar fascist is not something I lay my jacket upon a puddle for to have my aggressor have a nice day. But that's just me. My continued attempts to tone it down and have patience will be reincorporated.
Kind Regards,
John

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Page 7 and still going...

Well I for one will be out looking... and if all I see is falling space debris... well it will be worth it... those showers can be spectacular

A question for all those who say "Groan... its just another prediction that won't happen"

Just what exactly keeps drawing you to these threads? Seems almost pathelogical... this need to stop in

[edit on 14-4-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rexpop
Wow, so many of the posts in this thread are mondo patronising. Fine, you sceptics are so much cleverer than the rest of us and it can't possibly be that the universe is based on principles that don't conform to your logic which is merely an overgrowth of binary language systems and an imposition of a very limited regime of truth that was created by human intelligence, itself bound by physiological and linguistic norms.

Is the OP's post not also a result of what you believe are the origins of all the negative(mondo patronising) posts. In no way is this Post outside the "box". Its another hope in the long line of hopes. That everyone will hope and believe in the same thing and in doing so it will manifest itself. The fact that we see the OP regurgitating these Norms in an updated Sci-fi ET theme reeks of a B-grade Hollywood style holy and spiritual remake of an age old desire but for an ATS audience.......lame and boring. Correction....Mondo Lamo.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm quite looking forward to this.

I remember cycling down to Cornwall for the Eclipse and the night before the sky was so clear. Above us was the Perseid meteor shower. I remember staggering back from the pub, head slightly tilted back watching as the tiny streaks of light passed over the sky. Actually lay outside my tent for about 30 mins watching them.

So here's hoping for clear nights and little light pollution!

...and possibly a UFO or two

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Just what exactly keeps drawing you to these threads? Seems almost pathelogical... this need to stop in

I think the word you want is "compulsive", as opposed to pathelogical (sic).

No more compulsive than your need to drop at least a couple of sentences, in the majority of your posts, disparaging those that critically question many of the claims made on these forums.

Don't believe that?....do your research.

On topic.......there may be some very entertaining posts on these forums come April 23rd. Of course, this whole 'international dateline' thing has me all confused. I don't know which hemisphere is being referenced in the date.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by zorgon
Of course, this whole 'international dateline' thing has me all confused. I don't know which hemisphere is being referenced in the date.

. I tend to have the same problem. I just take the first moment of a day anywhere on this world untill the last moment of the same day anywhere on the world. Keeps it from getting confusing

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So everyone who believes this promise you'll have your camera with you and shoot whatever flies over you?
Since cameras don't have clouded minds they shouldn't care that you do...

Threads like this are tough to swallow. Because wednesday is gonna fill it with "I DID see..." / "that was NOT a meteor" / "I didn't see anything... hoax thread!".

Please chose your title for revisiting this thread now: debunker or devout believer... cause I bet we all did anyways. How can we ever disprove this? If we didn't see it we'll just get branded by the devouts as not wanting to see the truth. Ufology is getting more and more ugly like religion rather than trying to get to the truth -.-

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So... I've been hearing that the UFO's will be flying all over the place tomorrow.
What will everyone be doing?
Taking off from work or school?
Bringing your camera and binoculars to work?

And anyone have any more news about the flyover?
I'm curious to find out more.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Good point. I'm nowhere convinced tomorrow there will be a fly over but i'll throw my camera in my bag just to be sure
. I'd love them to do the fly over though, should be a sight and a nice wake the hell up call for humanity.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Harman]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xnibirux

I need a couple of days to get ready.

But they fly over almost every day leaving trails behind them.

Fleets are spotted in the Bronx and no one cares except the Illuminati
agents that say its birds or balloons.

I laugh at them, birds and balloons are rearer than UFOs.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xnibirux
This thread is just a message of what could happen if people put their hearts to it. There's no making anything up. If nothing happens that will be because there are too many cold hearts out there that aren't warm enough. That's the sad part, not enough humans believe this, that would be the only reason it wouldn't be manifested

..... but we can wake up and change that
Believe
i certainly believe in the power of the mind. and i also agree that the motivation of the heart or the true condition of the hear (which is the seat of the mind, will and emotions) tells the mind what to do. ah, yes, the secrets of the heart has everything to do with this.

i think the bible speaks of it as faith.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I gotta agree with a previous poster. The international dateline has me confused as well. Or does the flyover conveniently start when the first hemisphere of the globe goes to the 22nd and slowly crosses over each timezone so that all is covered under the 22nd.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexpop
Actually, I know of plenty of people who claim to have gotten very real results through prayer, gnosis and other mystical rituals which look silly to outsiders. I myself feel as though I've had some of my prayers answered. A common misconception of faith is that it somehow allows the believer to hang up personal responsibility or conscience - in most of the devout people I know (of any religion), I find the opposite to be true, and there is an invigorated concern for how one's actions affect the people and world around oneself.

What happens is those people pray for something and then go around looking for it or trying to create it. It's ultimately THEM that answers their prayers, not the "God" diety. Yes religious people hang up their personal responsibility and conscience, this is why I tend to not be in their vicinity much, it's abhorrid. They are also forceful and cultish, non scientific and most have lost all touch with physical reality and the way things really work. They become nothing more than emotional fleas.

What I find to be true is when someone leaves religion for long enough and begins searching the self for truth that they suddenly see the world differently, have more of a concern, RESPECT and/or understanding for other's belief systems.

On an end note: You can pray for me all you want but it will never effect me.

On April 22nd there will be no UFO flyover. There will be a meteor shower, some people will inevitably return proclaiming they have seen UFO's and this entire thread may just become a faithful mess, just like religion. This is nothing more than a dupe, possibly an honest attempt at something genuine, but a flog nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Free will universe. It would need to be the free will choice of "whichever" collective of ET's were expected to do a mass flyover .

If I for one ever see a mass flyby /landing I will go the other way once I saw what was going on. Curiousity killed the cat and might get me too!

Typo edit.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by cindymars]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If this event happens, then it will be a wake up call for humanity..if not then oh well.

anyways..ill be watching...

peace.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Someone have a camera handy just in case.
If there is a massive flyover, their will be some interesting pictures, if it's a clear and beautiful day, enjoy the pictures still.

Though I am quite serious about the camera, since this has been pushed out so far in advance there should be no reason for someone not to have any footage of this someway.
(That is of course IF this does indeed happen)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well I just looked up over southern Victoria, and 4 jets were spraying chemtrails consistantly. Is this related? Its quite bizzare, as I have never seen this here before. What is going on?

watchZEITGEISTnow

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join