It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look Up At The Sky This April 22nd

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm flying on 22 April and if any UFOs screw up my checkride, I'm going to be pretty mad!!!

But if everyone wants to send me their love so I pass my checkride, I'll take it!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Off topic, out of context.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
My apologies elevatedone. Decorum is mandatory. No matter how difficult that is sometimes when dealing with others who like to spread passive aggressive insults to cyber mates.

That's a pretty passive-aggressive post in itself. Sorry to be off-topic.

To bring it back on topic, it just passed midnight and nothing appeared in the sky, despite the fact that I really wanted it to. Of course, neither of the criteria that the OP stated were fulfilled: although I hoped to see UFOs, I really didn't expect to; and I'm pretty sure it was only me doing it, although Son of PC might have joined in too. Did you?

I would still like an answer to my original question though, which is why, if the important factor is people expecting a manifestation of an event to happen, is the date of the 22nd so important? It must surely be arbitrarily chosen (and if it was not, surely an arbitrary date may be chosen, as long as one can convince enough people to that is the "true" expected time of the UFOs arrival).

Also, telling people "this event will only happen if you expect it to" immediately plants seeds of doubt in people, making them expect it not to happen. The only way this thread could really have worked is through deception - convincing people in such a manner, with such evidence (even if falsified), that they truly do expect the UFOs to come. Since expectation is the key (according to my understanding of OP) then the event would be manifested (ironically "proving" the falsified evidence at the same time).

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexpop
"this event will only happen if you expect it to" immediately plants seeds of doubt in people, making them expect it not to happen.

You may be dead on the money with that idea. It also provides an "out" should the event not occur. Instead of blaming his failed prophecy....he can blame the receivers for not "believing" hard enough.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Could you maybe reschedual this event? My birthday is the 22nd and I have plans to get sloshed already in play.

It would be a shame if I had to meet these guys while I was piss loaded, I might say something off colour.

But seriously, the only talk of a mass fly over Ive heard of, is from this site, and its been minimal.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is how it is Possible to intend for something to happen.

Imagine for a month straight that you will find a quarter in a spot you see or pass by every day. The quarter will Come.

If you can

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Go here www.youtube.com...
This is how it is Possible.

Imagine a quarter in a spot that you see or pass by everyday. You should find one there within a Month. Worked for me. Read it in a book called Prometheus Rising. Check it out.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BooDdAaCoN

Link doesn't work.

Try again. Thanks.

EDIT: OK I've seen the working link now.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A bit odd that, for the past few or several days, I've been a good deal more into collectively meditating/willing THE very first unignorable UFO/spacecraft sighting; thereby beginning the new era for humanity and the planet. Definitely worth a shot if there can be enough participants. I mention it in the last paragraph of my latest blog entry (yesterday):

lightworth.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The idea of manifesting reality is a possibility. You can laugh and make jokes all you want. The truth is matter is not solid, it is a wave of energy that appears to our here and now conciousness as solid. There have been experiments in quantum physics proving matter is a wave. They shot electrons through a slit and it made 2 lines of impact on a sensor wall behind the slit. Then when introducing a second wall with 2 slits. It made 3 lines of impact on the sensory wall. Showing the electrons movement as a wave. An atom is mostly empty space, the parts that we perceive to be "matter" are merely constantly flowing energy that appears to us solid. This is the nature of our material world. What the OP is asking you to do, is open yourself up to other ways of life that are not material, more intuitional. I am not saying that April 22 we can manifest UFOs. I am saying that there is an abstract quality to our life. And the more you try to put everything into its right place. The more truly lost you become. Love is indeed all there is, we must find the courage to realize this. We should start by manifesting a better world. Which you can take symbolically or literally, but the time is upon us. All the signs are in place. We do have the power to change this, stop doubting eachother and ourselves. If the thread doesn't concern you, why do you feel the need to belittle your fellow man. This is the human way, but we are on the brink of a new era, whether you skeptics have hard evidence for it or not. The signs are there.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I actually do have some belief in a certain degree of global consciousness and whatnot (but not a mystic belief, more of something that might be able to be explained one day by quantum physics or string theory).

However, I don't see how we can make something external to us happen by collectively wishing for it.

Besides, if its going to happen, it will happen, no matter if we think about it collectively or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I disagree, gammahelix. As a believer in a real Prime Directive, I've seen nothing resembling evidence that anyone will just pop in and magically save our butts. I believe there's a very good chance they'll just allow us to screw ourselves into oblivion if we can't break through the wall of official secrecy. And thinking/feeling in the opposite of what the minions of the status quo want is where it all begins.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
I disagree, gammahelix. As a believer in a real Prime Directive, I've seen nothing resembling evidence that anyone will just pop in and magically save our butts.

I'm not sure we're in disagreement per se, I was simply saying that I don't think wishing contact to happen will make it happen, as the OP stated. I do think contact could happen though, just not at a date of our choosing.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You know this is a straight up lie, right?

It is one person's insecurity in a belief that they have that is absent of evidence. They need to feel as if more people should become involved so that they aren't alone in their delusion.

No. Simply thinking about something will not get it done. You are being lied to. If this were the case then we could all manifest my dead grandma back to life... as long as we put our warm hearts into it.

This logic and mindset is scary at the least and absolutely logically flawed with no relation to the way that physical existence works.

If you want people to feel better by meditating on good thoughts, then do so and share your message, but don't scam them into it.

And no. Not all aliens are loving and kind with a message of peace.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I know what you are thinking. This is pretty far fetched! The Clintons just released their tax returns since Bill left office. Earnings 109 million. Doing what? Don't tell me there are no aliens or ufos. Please Jesus help me understand.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure why April 22, 2008 is so important, but I think if enough people believe that a UFO will appear some will happen. It seems a number of UFOs sightings are tied to human consciousness. People who wish them to appear make it happen.

I saw a two hour show on the SCIFI channel a few years back about UFOs and one guy they interviewed was unique. This was a young guy, in the 1960s or 1970s, that saw UFOs all the time. He said he would see one and then would tell people around him and they wouldn't see it. He also said the majority of them were cigar shaped. The guy was taped doing a seminar about UFOs and he told the audience that he could cause his keys in his pocket to bend without touching them. Eventually they gradually bent and then later in the show people's keys in the audience began to bend.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Call me crazy, but last night I had a dream (very vivid) of a massive ufo event. I remember it so clearly, in the sky (almost as if lights were being switched on ufos started appearing. It felt so real, and almost uplifting. I talked about it all day at work, and got laughed at a bit. But whatever. I never remember my dreams so clearly. But I remembered this one, almost like it happened.

Then I saw this thread.

Odd.

I would love for this to happen. Neat coincidence.

Also neat that it will be a day after my one year anniversary coming to this site. Fun.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by squidboy]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
**Kumbaya my Lord Kumbaya***
Sorry couldnt resist.
But really this kind of technique has been done so many times its not funny.
One thing DGTempe brought up I would like to expound on and that is that sometimes when you influence situations the actual result is not what you intend and can do more harm than good.
You as the facilitator of this you will have to take full responsibility. I could for instance go out to my porch to look up and fall to my death.
Or as DG pointed out if the ships arrived in masse and the world leaders went into a severe protocol that was disastrous for human kind, would you then be willing to take full responsibility?
No I think that it is fools play and not accepting life as it is now with all the gratitude for 'this' miraculous moment is just being immature and willful.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I don't really agree with the prediction that UFOs will show themselves on the 22nd, BUT....

Maybe if enough people were interested, then aliens really would show themselves, undeniably? Maybe the reason they're so covert is because so many people are just afraid/ignorant. If a massive worldwide event were planned to stand outside with... radios, flashlights, or something... maybe just stand outside... then maybe the aliens would realize (through monitoring our radio signals and communications... or whatever) "Okay, we won't shock them too much now, so let's show ourselves!"

Maybe I'm just dreaming though. But it makes some sense.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
so funny at least this site is entertaining in some degree! Theres not much new info realy just usual kids and trekies with a big fantasy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join