It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by leapoffaith

I agree on the Anodea Judith books. They have taught me quite a lot! Recommendable!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Djeisha

Hi thank you so much for your reply.

I opened my brow/crown chakra first and this was my mistake, as I opened it I actually heard a snake. It made me jump so much. I saw a bright white orb in my 3rd eye , until now I had not realized this was the colour of my crown chakra. Then I started heart chakra radiance which is just using the heart chakra.

Almost straight away I had the same symptoms as you listed. I felt heavenly for 2 days, I had never felt love like it, it was universal, pure bliss and a love you would want to never end. I would walk around in a dream ALL day just totally surrounded by this love. I never ever wanted it to end....but it did on the 3rd day. I was depressed beyond reason, lifeless, upset,tearful, devastated you name it I felt it. I cryed and cryed for no real reason it was terrible.

Then I began to get ill, very bad headaches, sickness couldnt sleep for days, then went to bed for days to recover. Saw things, saw lights all around me, heard things and even felt things. I was surely going mad and I knew it was my own fault.

This was in March this year and I can honestly say I have only JUST got over this .

The energy I felt in those early days was massive and your right I just could not handle it at all. Let your post be a warning to others not to invite this snake before we are ready.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sorry If I have been a little quiet today just been balancing myself and listening to my inner voice.

I have come to realize I was losing balance a little and needed to work on not only my chakras but my ego, the ego can play a big part in finding balance within one’s self. Sometime you start to look for things that you read about in other peoples experiencing and actually get to a point where you think “Is this what I feel” or “Why am I not happy, I need to be happy” this gives the ego something to build on.

I have not been able to meditate for a week or more now, just could not get in the zone. Tonight I found out why, yup as I said above the ego. Even though I am very aware of my own ego it still tries to creep up on me and take me off my path a little. I cannot beat my ego; I can only become more aware of it. Well I guess that must have started to slip a little because something just didn’t feel right about me.
Everything has been so hard for me lately, even something as simple as watching a DVD or listening to music not to mention meditating.

I would sit there and go into a semi trance thinking about past or future, it’s actually easier than you think and it can steer you miles off you path. When we learn about chakra meditation then I suppose we then start to think about what’s going to happen in the future or what’s happened in the past. Like take me and Mr Green for example we talk of TSOL and Paul_Richards a lot and because of a bad experience we had, that’s tying a moment in our lives to our identity (The Ego loves this)

We are not ourselves when we think like this because we are what are minds tell us we are. Scenarios just play out in your head and you believe the scenarios as much as you believe in yourself. Your scenarios then become yourself and the ego just builds on that and pushes you away from your awareness.

So no matter how much Meditation, dieting, reading, learning, it’s only as good as you understand it to be through you consciences. If you understand it through the ego then it just will not work as I have experienced. The ego soon comes up with “Reason” as to why something may not be working for you; you then go into a stage of needing and wanting.

None the less though I have discovered this within myself and now I just need to keep the awareness of my ego. I did a little meditation, simple none needing meditation to find some balance. I now feel a million times better and I now know not the live in the past or future and to live in the “Now” and face any problems, feeling, fears in the “Now” and not in a past or future scenarios in my mind.

Thanks people

P81

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Its tough getting focussed on meditation / spirituality sometimes... especially if you do short ones every day.. I find I have to really relax and clear my mind..for even 1 minute before I can even start, and focus on grounding myself, big time. If you get that root going it really helps with patience.. which will make it less painful
.. I even find the root hand mudra helps... thumb tips touching index finger tips.. I can just feel this tiny relaxed spot on in the middle of my brain that trickles up and down my spine and releases the mental tension/resistance.

I find its alot easier if you do a BIG meditation... I hardly do em, and I need to make it more frequent then once every week or 2.. what I mean is... one meditation where you get so deep... it might even take you like 2 hours... it used to take me like 2.5 hours and now I can get a little deep after 45 minutes... but I mean... REAL deep... where you are just floating in your mind, your body is numb, your mind is quiet, yet every thought that enters your mind is GOLD...

I find this gives me kind of a spiritual jolt that gets me in the mode for like a full week.

I can't remember what else you said or i'd comment on that too. ha.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

psycho.. I have been wrestling with ego as well.. I did a meditation one night a while ago and it really changed my perspective.. like.. subconciously or "ultra-conciously".. it just flipped a switch..

Given the state of meditation I was in... mumbling some random sounds that felt right at the time even.. deep and vibrational... I thought of myself as a part of the whole, and equal part... I pictured a big liquid silver sphere type of thing... I took out a spec, and that was me... I compared the size of it, and told myself the quality matched that of each other spec... and then I zoomed in, infinitely in my mind, i could not measure the true size of the spec that was me.. or the size of the sphere and combined measure of "parts".

I felt somewhat smaller, yet aware of my nature and potential.

I don't know, it flicked something off.. but now even when I think "me me me, i want to do this for me"... its because I know I'm just following my heart, and I need to give it what it needs, and deal with the humility and observe it rather then dwell on it. I don't feel seperate and isolated anymore, but i am aware of what my heart wants, and I follow it. I don't know... its like... I do plenty of things for ME, but I have this thought that I do it for everyone and everything, and it gives me joy. .. to make myself better so that my impact on the universe is better... or perhaps just spirit viewing itself through one vantage point... that thought creates energy, and so that my energy is a pattern created by the mind of spirit to experience, function and image. I just feel like this cosmic force of supreme intelligence is just observing the world, everywhere, every time at once and in "my perspective" its viewing it through "me".. whatever constitutes me. Its nature that "I" am.. thats how I feel, i don't know how else to explain it. But every time I look myself in the mirror.. every time I accomplish something, or learn something, i get this incredible surge of self-worth and satisfaction... Not in an arrogant way... like... its like the universe observing the successes of the program that is "steve"

Its hard for me to explain.. I think was also was a big blow to ego was when I had an astral projection a few weeks ago... I had the sense of "I".. but not like I was used to, or could even explain, as it is something that was just percieved and I remember sinking down, back into this concious reality was surreal and had an incredible weight... metaphorically... its like everything got complicated and deep.. I cannot explain it.

Good luck with that ego one.. Its I dunno.. WIERD.. lol

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Hehe yea I am fine now, think I am a bit slow at noticing my own feelings sometimes.

Anyway going to go to sleep now last day of work before I go away for weekend. Speak tomorrow

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I agree that meditations and other things like this won't work if you understand it through the ego, but I suppose it's not a bad way to get started. We're quite familiar with our ego. It's not easy to "silence" it, let alone "transform" it. It can take very long before you can even observe you've got an ego.

You're very right with the things you're saying though, psycho81!

Personally I still find it hard to just "shut" my ego "up" sometimes. So if there are some golden tips, they're very welcome.

CavemanDD, thanks for the tip about the thumb touching the index. I knew this once, but I had forgotten. For me it also helps to for example make a fist when I'm grounding, every time. So whenever I try it again and it doesn't work so well, I just have to make a fist and then it's easier to get the same grounded sensation back. It works with a lot of things too. For example fear. If you're scared and then make the fist again, the fear slowly vanishes, by bringing the peaceful sensation of before back.

This probably wasn't very clear. I'm having a hard time explaining things right now. I guess I'd better go to bed.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Today I have felt pure light and pure love, my soul is now complete and I am at peace. I hope this will stay with me forever.

MG

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Glad you are in a good mood
too

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Very nice!
I wonder if the feeling is still continuing or has it ended by now? (not that I want it to...)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Djeisha

I had this feeling when I first started meditation but some individuals took it away from me, well its back and they will not take it away again.

What is this feeling? It is PURE love that radiates out, pure spiritual love and I have been in a very sad place since it left me. I wondered if Id ever get it back , as the days went on I thought no, but it has come back and I will respect the light this time and it shall never be taken from me again.

Dont analyse at all what is happeneing to you, dont try to put names to it or why its not going as you'd hoped. Just go with it and accept it. If your feeling you cant do it, dont do it. Give thanks for the times it goes well but mostly have faith in it, it will all work out for you in the end you just need to be patient and just dont try and work it out too much.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Now, this what I call a hopeful message! I know exactly what you mean when you're saying you've been in a very sad place when it left you. God, it's a feeling that can't be described in words at all, isn't it... So sad.

What have you done to protect yourself and your light if I can ask? I've been looking for many ways to protect me and "it", but not a lot has helped so far. What worked best for me was visualising a blue pyramid of light around me. It did bring some protection, but clearly not enough.

Or maybe I just need a change of mind. Maybe I have to let go of the whole idea and the experience a bit and stop wanting it back. I try to do this, but that's not too easy either. Nobody likes leaving heaven ey.

Hm, patience... That's something I need to work on indeed. You've said some interesting things again overhere. I'm really gonna give it all some thought. Care to be friends?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Acceptence is key.

There is a duality to everything... one person seeks illusions and perception, another holds ignorance and chooses not to percieve.

Who suffers? They both do in my oppinion...

They both desire something, they are relieved when they get it... but then it goes away and they desire again, and because they desire with no end, they both suffer. Love ends suffering. We retreat in ignorance... for we wish to blind ourselves so we can be relieved from the burden of responsibility, to which knowledge is intwined. We also push the limits of perception, hoping that seeing a bigger picture will heal our soul, but in my oppinion, the truth is that both directions are infinite, and thus the suffering moves infinitely outward with it.

So how do we find peace... through the root or the crown? If it is the will to end suffering, to seek healing, then through the heart..?.., the BALANCE... we are set free. All dimensions of our being functioning in perfect unity, with the heart as the center, the balance in it all, for the heart does not discriminate.. it loves the righteous and the sadistically twsited, the all knowing, and the blind. To end suffering, by elimination of desire says buddha? To take as it is, for it is nature... To be at peace with ourselves and the world, to know only love.. Love is beauty, and beauty is harmony and unity.

So is that the truth lies in ones ablitly to love... or ones ability to percieve... or ones ability to non-percieve?

What is it that you seek?

I seek tranquility...harmony with all... Nature is full of life and death, and their beauty comes with their union. Spring can be seen as rebirth...things are re-created anew... summer everything is in good health, and autumn, everything is dieng...and winter.. its a deadland... but are they not all beautiful?

------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a couple dreams once... of a being who's knowledge knew no bounds... he was one with the stars, but suffer did he.. His decision was made, to be re-born anew, to try and end his suffering, through a journey on earth. Perhaps to find the root to suffering.

I'd like to say that I have aquired a taste of inner peace today.. a love and full balance that has no comparison.. to just BE LOVE... neither comming nor going, just loving. I am in love. A higher frequency do I feel. All is beautiful to me, with or without flaw, of which I see neither, but just BEING love.

Yin and Yang, two sides of the same coin, each with different qualities, but the same aim... healing. Like 2 opposing armies, they can fight endlessly for eternity, trying to stomp out the other, both claiming superiority. One side says... we are the truth..for we hold the knowledge, perception is the key to end suffering, the other side says, NO (emphasis on "no").. "WE are the truth, for your knowledge is burdensome, its responsibility restricts our free will, it causes us to suffer.. so we must forget, so we can ease our pain.

The truth is in the middle, the truth is their interaction. They are seperate from each other yet intwined. They can keep fighting to what end? Is it that one is the catylist to the existence or non-existence to the other? Is it a paradox... back and forth do we go... as a frequency, up and down?

Perhaps we choose to follow the frequency UP..to which it has no end... or down, to which there is no reverse either, perhaps the secret to rest our souls and to be TRUTH, is to just BE. BE the frequency.

Ramblings ramblings ramblings. I hope this made sense. Just as an over-active chakra causes problems, as does an in-active... but in the balance, do we not we not just BE..PEACE...? Tranquiliy are we?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I've enjoyed each and every single word you've been saying there. There's a big truth in the things you said about duality.

The desire to be one thing or another or to have only this or only that, can take you on a long road full of suffering. It seems like sometimes I'm still just lusting certain sensations, experiences,... and as long as there's this lust, there will also be the pain and frustration of not having it, the joy of getting it and the sadness when it leaves again. There's no use in desiring actually, is there? Reminds me again of the 4 buddhistic truths (at least, if that's what you're calling them in English) That life is suffering and desire and attachment cause this suffering, you know what I mean?

There's a choice to be made: instant but short term joy or just a calm steady ocean of joy, that just IS. Hard to explain. Language issues again.
Coming at peace with one's self seems to be the key here, because from that peace every other peace comes. It's nice to be reminded of this again.

I do wonder, now that you've had a glimps of inner peace, isn't there something inside of you at all that is somehow getting attached to that feeling? How do you shut your mind up? Just relaxing and giving it time?

Makes me think of a quote by Osho for some reason: "Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it."

Just BE indeed, like you're saying. I just wonder how many more times I will have to hear this before I'll finally fully come to it.
But that question in itself is already bringing me further away from it again.

Ohhh, the mind!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Djeisha

Stubbourn beings, are we not?

It seems like spiritual truth is just a slap in the face to tell us to wake up and see whats always been there.

Its so easy to get distracted for fixed in a view that seems inspiring and interesting to us that we forget what speaks to us at the core of our being.

The 4 truths you mentioned i just posted elsewhere, I will post them here, they are wonderful:

1. The Noble Truth of Suffering: There is Suffering - Rebirth, old age, disease, death, sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief and despair, association with objects we dislike, separation from objects we love, not to obtain what one desires cause suffering. There are also many happy hours and pleasure in man's life-time, but according to the law of nature, they are impermanent and these last only for a short time and vanish into nothing. Only sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief and despair are left by them behind.

2. The Noble Truth of The Arising of Suffering: Suffering has an origin - The Threefold Craving leads every being from birth to birth and is accompanied by joy and lust, seeking its gratification here and there, namely: Sensual Craving, Craving for Existence and Craving for Wealth and Power. There are also a sixfold craving, namely the eye craves for forms, the ear craves for sounds, the nose craves for odours, the tongue craves for taste, the body craves for objects, and the mind craves for noun, dreams or illusions. These Cravings and ignorance of the law of nature are the condition of origin of individual suffering.

3. The Noble Truth of the Cessation of Suffering: Suffering Can Cease - The condition of cessation of suffering is the complete fading away and extinction of this three fold craving, forsaking it and giving it up, the liberation and detachment from it. The condition of mind of a person who has been giving up his threefold cravings or this sixfold craving together with ignorance can realize Nirvana (or the Extinction of the Cravings).

4. The Noble Truth of The Path leading to the Cessation of Suffering: There is a Path our of Suffering - It is the 'Noble Eightfold Path' (or the 'Middle Path' because it avoids the two extremes of sensual pleasure and self-mortification), that leads to the Cessation of Suffering.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Also from the same website, this is beautiful as well.

Words of Kindness

This is what should be done
Be the one who is skilled in goodness,
And who knows the path of peace:
Let them be able and upright,
Straightforward and gentle in speech.

Humble and not conceited,
Contented and easily satisfied.
Unburned with duties and frugal in their ways.

Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful,
Not proud and demanding in nature.
Let them not do the slightest thing
That the wise would later reprove.

Wishing: In gladness and in safety,
May all beings be at ease.
Whatever living beings there may be;
Whether they are weak or strong, omitting none,
The great or the mighty, medium, short or small,
The seen and the unseen,
Those living near and far away,
Those born and to-be-born,
May all beings be at ease!

Let none deceive another,
Or despise any being in any state.
Let none through anger or ill-will
Wish harm upon another.

Even as a mother protects with her life,
Her child, her only child,
So with a boundless heart
Should one cherish all living beings:
Radiating kindness over the entire world
Spreading upwards to the skies,
And downwards to the depths;
Outward and unbounded,
Freed from hatred and ill-will.

Whether standing or walking, seated or lying down
Free from drowsiness,
One should sustain this recollection.
This is said to be the sublime abiding.

By not holding to fixed views,
The pure-hearted one, having clarity of vision,
Being freed from all sense desires,
Is not born again into this world.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

We're definitely stubborn beings. It's like it's all put right in front of us and still we'd rather take a long walk around it rather than just taking it all in.

Those were the truths I was mentioning indeed. I find a lot of truth in buddhism. The poem is beautiful aswell. I had never read it before. I'll definitely keep it.

Before I take this discussion really offtopic, I guess I should better go and check if there's something buddhistic being discussed somewhere around here. I'd better leave the chakra meditation to the chakra meditation and the (other) buddhistic topics also where they belong. I really don't wanna be known as the one who's screwing up all topics.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djeisha

We're definitely stubborn beings. It's like it's all put right in front of us and still we'd rather take a long walk around it rather than just taking it all in.

Those were the truths I was mentioning indeed. I find a lot of truth in buddhism. The poem is beautiful aswell. I had never read it before. I'll definitely keep it.

Before I take this discussion really offtopic, I guess I should better go and check if there's something buddhistic being discussed somewhere around here. I'd better leave the chakra meditation to the chakra meditation and the (other) buddhistic topics also where they belong. I really don't wanna be known as the one who's screwing up all topics.

ha, na dont worry about it, we're posting all over the place. Its all relevant to chakra if you ask me. Its all good.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Caveman, you said some very wise things in this thread. I enjoy reading your comments very much!

Faith

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I was wondering (maybe it's already mentioned, then I apologize for overlooking it) if any of you have knowledge and/or experience with working with chakra cords during the chakrameditation?

Faith

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join