It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by leapoffaith

Great advice and thank you for your input.
Any further words of advice would be greatly appreciated I'm sure

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Welcome to the thread great opening post I give you a star, I am very happy you posted that and far from annoyed because I think I am just realizing I do in fact need help with getting my root chakra working a little better. Mr Green is right if you are not grounded then you kind of drift off, so thank you for that great advice.

I think there is a reason you came in this thread and not just a coincidence. Once again thank you and please could you tell us a little about your experiences

P81

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I fell compelled to make a post but at the same time worried to be considered an intruder in you thread.

I am new here and notice it's hard for me to translate certain experiences in English but I'll try.

Ask me anything you like.

In the groupwork I noticed that people perceive the colours of the chakra's differently. Some say the heart is pink or green. In your external post I read it's golden.

It is not so important. A meditation I like to do myself is after earthing myself and activate all the chakra's visualise two streams of energry. One coming from the earth through your feet all the way to the crown chakra where it culminates in a shower of all the colours of the rainbow coming down on you.

The nice thing is that the energy of the colours will automaticaaly find its way to the chakra which needs it most.
At the same time you visualise bright cosmic energy (white or purple, whatever you prefer) entering your crown, then passing all the other chakras and leaving at your root chakra thereby taken all the negative things that don't belong with you.

A question for evrybody on this thread: how do you perceive your chakra's? Do you aura's or feel them?

Bye!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hi wow thanks for some great advice. I think Ive worked out most of it by trial and error and some bad experiences. At no point should one chakra be opened without the others
Some will tell you to do this, and this is so wrong.

Please if you think of anything else dont hesitate to put us right..I for one will listen to anyone thats done this for 5 years

Thanks so much. MG

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

When I very first did chakra meditation I saw orbs the colours of each chakra but I only saw the colours once, as if they had been activated. Now I feel them open, I just feel them and know they are open.

I did not see a red orb though I saw a red scene of mountains.

How long should we do meditation in one session?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I feel for them, It's like you awarness shifts to that chakra. Great adive by the way just read some of your other topics, very intresting.

:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Hi mr/miss Green,

There's really no answer to your "how long" question: just as long as it feels good for you! When you feel relaxed and balanced it is a good time to stop. Like what I wrote when you start, also finish the meditation with directing your focus on the rootchakra, that is the best advice I can give you.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't even bother trying to percieve colours of chakras either because of the mixed interpretations... i still just tell it, its a colour, but mostly focus just on an area and dont get stuck in the details like "spinning wheels or flower petals".

I also visualise the heart as green as well. I find it interesting that the solar plexus and heart colours were switched there... but then I saw a website that also said the heart was gold and other chakras were made of OTHER colours... like coloured wheels.. I don't know... personal interpretation if you ask me.. but the energy points are deffinately there in my oppinion..

I could see how the heart can be percieved as pink... and this is the information someone basically gave me..

Green: Love, compassion... etc...
Pink: UNSELFISH love...

I read that pink can be percieved as a secondary colour of the heart chakra... like a coloured ring around it... who knows but I will tell you this much from my own experience....

For the longest time... when I started to percieve my "secondary aura colour"...(well maybe theres many colours... i hear the past, present and future can be shown...)... but yeah... it was green for a while... but a while ago I just finished meditating... and I didn't see / percieve green anymore... I thought... its a dark pink?... like is trying to mix the highest chakra with the lowest...does this mean i'm balanced? And a freind told me pink is unselfish love and you know what... thats how I felt... I felt love for everything and not like I wanted its love... like it was unconditional... love without jealousy...

Its like... say you like a girl.. but your jealous and posessive that she has this boyfreind... well you can still love everyone... but one day... what if you thought.... its good that they are together... its wonderful even... so much love, so much being exchanged.. maybe me and her can learn from each other another time... and you think... I even love her boyfreind

Well that may not be the meaning.. but thats how I feel.. Complete unconditional love, rather then for personal reasons... maybe that has a pink frequency to it... its up to you to determine.

and welcome to the thread. You are not intruding.. quite the contrary.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

indeed.. I try to not focus on one chakra.. I do a chakra balance every day, sometimes twice when going into a big meditation.

I also use the root / foot technique.. I picture a cord of energy comming from the earths core..up the middle of my feet, up my legs to my root... well actually when all the chakras are balanced and open.. i picture it going all the way to my heart...with another cord of energy comming from the center of the universe or center of spirit..entering my crown all the way down to my heart.. when this is done, I feel connected to spirit...and grounded to the earth.. you feel like you are being suspended...like when you walk its like you are floating around or being carefully/precisely moved...

I picture tree roots sometimes from the root.. I know i still need work with it though but I'm pretty balanced these days which is nice!.. They all feel open, and I don't let them get too open anymore... i used to think it was good..
proved myself wrong.

Right now they are all open at a good level.. but the sacral is feeling less open then the rest, its one I need to work with.. I can get it decently open and balanced but its never over-active... any advice on that one? I think if I can stimulate my sacral now and then I'd be good.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
When I had my activation I wasn't trying to make it happen... so I wasn't visualizing anything.

What I did was very simple. I tuned out the outside world. It was as if the world was largely being generated by a noisy subconscious that wanted me to give continued attention to it's apparent existence while continuing to accept that it was external from myself. It lost.

I didn't even realize that I was going through the whole chakra activation until it got up to the crown. It was like all the points were spinning... I could feel it. I didn't try to feel it or visualize, the sensation happened of it's own accord.

I'm not sure if my method would work for others, but it might be worth a shot. All I did was quiet the mind and retreat into myself. No visualizations, no colors, tones, etc.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This is a very interesting topic. I must admit I haven't read it completely yet, but I'll come to that later.

I do have to say that, when comes to colors, mine are a bit all around. Somehow it looks like they're switching places a lot. Very hard to describe.

When comes to grounding, the only thing that has worked with me so far is visualising roots on the bottom (below the actual chakra, even below my feet sometimes), that are already standing in the earth. Then I visualise I'm putting earth all over them, until I feel stable. I do have a tendency to be too open on top (third eye and crown) and too closed below (root). What works a bit is walking barefoot and trying not to always try to mentalise everything. Not easy though...

A big mistake I've made about two years ago, was trying to awaken the Kundalini. I really do not recommend it at all when not all chakra's are working in harmony.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel

I didn't even realize that I was going through the whole chakra activation until it got up to the crown. It was like all the points were spinning... I could feel it. I didn't try to feel it or visualize, the sensation happened of it's own accord.

I'm not sure if my method would work for others, but it might be worth a shot. All I did was quiet the mind and retreat into myself. No visualizations, no colors, tones, etc.

Hi

Hey dont worry this happens to me sometimes. Another member also told me he just meditates and they all open on their own with no going through each one. Sometimes I just close my eyes and bang their ALL open with a massive force flowing, this does not happen often but I wanted you to know its possible.

What works for one may not work for another. Sometimes I just cant get any to open so I just give up and try later.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Djeisha

A big mistake I've made about two years ago, was trying to awaken the Kundalini. I really do not recommend it at all when not all chakra's are working in harmony.

Yes what is this, what does it mean? I may have done this by mistake too as I had bad experiences. Please any one what does happen if you wake this before your ready? How would you know youve awoken it? I sure did something I should not have as I felt I was going mad.
Please tell me of your experiences Djeisha.

Thank you MG

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Ok, I'll try my very best to explain this properly in English.

Imagine a "snake" at the bottom of your spine, full of sleeping energy, curled up a few times. The awakening is a form of selfrealisation. It brings you insight in the Self and all that is. When all goes well, and all your chakra's are balanced, this can be a great spiritual experience, BUT when they aren't balanced, it can be really dramatic. Especially when you're not grounded, it's a bad thing to try and awake this "snake" because then the energy simply has no way to get out anymore. It just gets stuck (don't take this literallu) and it can even burn your nervesystem. So be very careful!

I knew the Kundalini was awake, because I felt heavenly for around 24 hours, but afterwards I felt really, really awful, almost psychotic. There was this huge string of energy, constantly rolling down my spine, which caused lack of balance because whenever I moved, I had this tingly sensation. I experienced periodes of feeling really hot, almost boiling hot, so I spend weeks in bath, not constantly, but several times a day, for over an hour, because I really couldn't take the heath. My muscles were behaving weird too, I was experiencing some kind of spasms in my hands, my legs,... So fysically it was hard, but mentally it was even harder. I lost track of time, I was confused (way more confused than I normally am), but the saddest thing is that I had felt so heavenly for about 24 hours (you can't compare it with any kind of joy...) that I felt absolutely awful when I was trying to stop all the symptoms.

Me and my mate, we did it by Kundalinimeditation (I'm sure you can find information on the web, but I'm not puting it here because I really don't want anyone to try it before being ready!). It took us about 4 hours to get there, but I must say that we had been doing all sorts of meditation for many more years, so maybe it would take others longer, and others shorter. Both of us were experiencing the same. At first we got really sexual, then we just lied in each others arms for the remaining 23 hours or something, both seeing colors, shapes, and just generally enjoying eachothers presence like never before.

Afterwards (and the afterwards lasted for several months) he tried to kill himself, because of all the symptoms I just named. He simply couldn't take it anymore. Thank God he survived though.

May I ask why you think you've done something wrong? What are/were you experiencing? I would like to help you in every way I can, if needed.
I hope my explanation was quite clear, but if it wasn't, feel free to ask!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Djeisha

ha, maybe i'll wait a bit before I try that..

I really am intrigued, and I think its arrogance that I think I could handle it, i'm not certain.. I suppose it will reveal itself in time.. and I will try and awaken it as well.

I have deffinately had long periods of time where I felt "heavenly" though. Maybe... you can awaken it a wee bit at a time? I'm not sure.. not yet.

Thanks for that post.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Hehe, sorry if I scared you. That wasn't my intention. I guess I got a bit carried away by the emotions I was experiencing at the time of the kundalini.

I do have to tell you that we also thought we were ready (and also quite arrogant :p ), but whatever you do, make sure you are grounded. I read some of your other posts, and I suppose you are, but really: be very, very sure.

I don't know if you can awaken it a wee bit at a time. I guess getting all your chakras "nice and balanced" is the best way to go. Maybe that way it just comes naturally and doesn't cause any harm. Sounds very logical to me anyway.

Some extra tips:
- In case you do awaken it, don't try to stop it abruptly. After all, it is a healing process, and the more relaxed you deal with it, the better it goes.
- Be nice to yourself when comes to your emotions. They might shift a lot, but that's doesn't have to be a bad thing.
- Don't take more on your shoulders than you can take at one time. You might feel so powerful, but respect your body and mind at all time.
- It's also better to cut down on sugars, but not when you're dealing with this. You can burn much more energy then you're used to, so keep that in mind. Nuts are great too.
- Walk. Very important. Just have nice, calming walks. They work like magic.

Whatever you do, enjoy!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Djeisha

Hey some great advice there thanks for joining the thread always nice to have some new faces around.

I am only just starting to realize how important being grounded is, I discovered meditation through TSOL and there Heart Chakra Radiance and there was never no mention of being grounded. Thats my faul though as I should of read more about meditation before taking on HCR.

Going to put some time in on my root chakra as I think thats the one that needs work.

Many thank for the great advice

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Djeisha

Alright, that sounds like no big deal. I think I can handle it, or rather.. I think it will present itself in time and I'll just know that its something I have to do that day.

I balance my chakras for 20 minutes, twice a day, so I could have that working for me. In time though... maybe a year, maybe tommorow.. but right now I got other things to work on...

I have a strong heart and throat chakra and they are well balanced..but I realised... when I think about what I'm going to say to people.. like any uncertainty... they start to go crazy and its hard to smooth out... hmm.. I need to work on that one..

Anyone have similar experiences? I'm fine with voicing myself and listening.. but I'm bad at conversation..especially where there is no interest.

Heart and throat... i always thought it might have been the solar plexus but the sensation is irratic and quite clear.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

I would say your root chakra is probably doing just fine, which is pretty great. Wish mine was too.
The uncertainty you're talking about, makes me feel like it's situated between the second and third chakra (feeling the right to be, to talk, to exist...), but I'm not sure. I've been reading and doing exercises with chakras for many years now, but still, it's not easy.

I would like to hear other people's opinions too. Always nice to learn.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Awakening the kundalini energy is indeed very dangerous and not recommended unless you are very experienced. I don't recommend it to try it out of curiosity! It's a very powerful energy.

The keyword is always balance! A chakra can be balanced (which is good), it can be too inactive or overactive, both are not good. Take the rootchakra for example: when it's too inactive it can result in eating disorders, depression etc. When it's overactive it can lead to reckless behavior.

We try to explain the chakra-system from our limited ability, but it's so much more complicated. Words cannot even begin te describe it how it actually works. Your chakra's are affected by a combination of fysical and psychological factors.

Chakrameditation is a good start to actually optimizing your fysical and mental wellbeing, but I always recommend to combine this with physical exercise (like yoga) and good food.
Does anyone know the books from Anodea Judith? There are excellent advices in them, very practical exercises and a fine psychological approach to it.
For example: try to sing a lot out loud when you experience problems with your 5th chakra. For your first chakra dancing is excellent to stimulate it.

By the way it's very common in people who are interested in the paranormal to have dysfunctional rootchakra's! Mostly their crown chakra's are too far open which makes you vulnerable for entities and lose grip on reality (this is also the case with most psychiatric patients, but I could start a complete new thread on that subject).

Faith

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join