It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Hi do you think your building a fence for protection on the astral plane here? A fence you can teleport behind if needed.

Imagination is supreme there...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

Hi do you think your building a fence for protection on the astral plane here? A fence you can teleport behind if needed.

So this is not what he was doing then...?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer

So this is not what he was doing then...?

I think what shakesbeer means is.... yes... he could have been doing some random thing, but MAINLY.... this wooden fence could essentially be able to withstand a nuclear bomb strike.

I find that in dreams I would do useless things with this belief that its gunna do SO much for me lol.

I had dreams last night, I woke up and though.. i didn't have any dreams... but it was strange, I realised I did but they must have been early and consistent throughout the night and none of em were worth remembering.. My dream diary is still blank.. I wanna write down signifigant things. I had a feeling the dream was re-occuring, or the place.. the "grid".. We collectivelly build these wierd places to run out scenarios. Like last night I was being chased because me and my freind won this money on a slot machine at a bar and we grabbed the money but for some reason i can't remember, someone wanted it back... we ended up running pretty far, I got the impression I thought it was toronto but it was..not exactly in many ways.
And then a different part of the dream I was hiding from someone, I remember I was next to a bunch of corpses, it was displeasing.. it was like a game but serious. The place reminded me of a dream I had once where people were hunting or living in different huts in this big forest...

bla bla bla.. nonsense.
I have the odd one thats kinda wicked.

Oh I remember talking to my freind breifly last night about the deal with my motorcycle I bought off him.. I'm wondering if its been on his mind. We need to figure that out (this government makes it hard to do anything).

yup.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Well maybe after that amazing experience you had the other day you just are gonna have some random stuff coming into your dreams, your prob spiritually/astrally tired from all that. You ever had a conversation in that black void/grid place with someone? I find it strange that we can actually achieve this. I really wish I could remember what was said.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well maybe after that amazing experience you had the other day you just are gonna have some random stuff coming into your dreams, your prob spiritually/astrally tired from all that. You ever had a conversation in that black void/grid place with someone? I find it strange that we can actually achieve this. I really wish I could remember what was said.

I assume so. But I also believe we're always communicating to each other, always.. and its just a matter of when and how we choose to filter that out. I know when I'm semi-concious, i've been sent all sorts of information.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

But this was an actual conversation with someone I knew (but can't remember) an actual two way conversation that was very serious. well it was for them I was just listening and answering the best I could but they were the one who was in trouble so to speak. It was a male voice , I even remember like nodding my head and agreeing like you do in a day time conversation...well weird. Hey Im starting to actually go mad.... no only joking

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

pretty interesting.

I'd like to be able to do this. A matter of time.

I can see how this may be perplexing for you. Good luck with that.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yeah man you nailed it. That picket fence and turn the hydrogen bomb into a a helium bomb where everyone's voice is just squeaky if you want to. Or it turns the blast into pot smoke that mellows everyone out which makes them realize war and bombs are goofy and lame. Or then there's my personal favorite, of stopping time, putting it back together, then leaving it nose down in the ground as pretty little planter with petunias

MG's conversation was probably something else, something deep. Think of it this way, the least amount of "stuff" that's going on around you, or if you're in the "void" that means your consciousness is down to a point. A very very powerful point, so whatever happens there has happened for a reason for you.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

MG's conversation was probably something else, something deep. Think of it this way, the least amount of "stuff" that's going on around you, or if you're in the "void" that means your consciousness is down to a point. A very very powerful point, so whatever happens there has happened for a reason for you.

Is this right? That the void is a place where your consciousness is down to a point? I seem to spend ALOT of time in this void its like some nights I never leave the place. And when I do I often return quick to sit and ponder in it again for what seems like hours on an end, its like you'd think Id get sick of the darkness in there

Yes caveman your right it does have a grid look about it sometimes, haven't noticed that before until you said that

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Yeah pretty much, that's why if you can just sort of "sense" that brain wave pattern and go back to it, you're there. The rest of the work is up to the imagination if you want to "see" something. Let's take the word it self:

One meaning of Imagination : the action or process of forming such images or concepts.

So how can you see anything if you don't allow the image to be created, or if you don't create it, or allow it to be imagined?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I heard that meditating to Gregorian Chants ( David Wilcock mentions it) puts you in contact with your spirit. I tryed this today with a 70 mins Cd and I can only remember the first 5 tracks
What happened? Did I fall asleep? No because I remember hearing the chants but I don't remember listening to them. Does anyone have any experience of these chants and meditation? They seem to put you in a different place.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I heard that meditating to Gregorian Chants ( David Wilcock mentions it) puts you in contact with your spirit. I tryed this today with a 70 mins Cd and I can only remember the first 5 tracks
What happened? Did I fall asleep? No because I remember hearing the chants but I don't remember listening to them. Does anyone have any experience of these chants and meditation? They seem to put you in a different place.

I saw a youtube vid of the chants.. interesting. I don't know.. Not to into it.
I like my ambient crap. But I'm willing to try anything. Let me know how it goes.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well I think I just need to make something clear as I noticed at some points I sounded a little like a teacher and this is not what my aim is. I don’t want people to turn to me and say “I tried what you said and it does not work”

In our life we all look for who we really are what we are capable of doing; Help can come from friends, forums, books, videos, healers, psychics and so on but the real help in within one’s self. You can look into other people’s experiences and maybe share something similar. However this is a personal quest and it’s not as easy as reading a book and so on…

So there are plenty of ways to get help in this day and age, so much help that people forget to help themselves sometimes. What I mean is they would rather have somebody tell them than to discover it for themselves. Well the bad news is nobody can make you aware by clicking their fingers or telling you a story.

What I am getting at here is I feel so many people think they are not becoming aware because they can’t do what the next person can do, so they kind of give in and move on and be like the next person. Everybody’s journey is different and that’s want makes us unique, and you are unique so don’t try to be like the next person. If we were all the same it would get a little boring don’t you think?

Trying to be like somebody else has never helped anybody, because you become so much like them you forget who you really are. “I want to be like them” “I want what that person has” this is where the Ego takes over ones awareness pushing your real self further and further away.

Be who you are and try your best and appreciate what you have got; this has helped me a lot in looking for my inner self and awareness. We have only got one change to be this person we are now in the flesh, well unless in our next life we become aware and Lucid Dream that we are the people we are now 

I do not intend to sound like I am some psychic or something because I am not. I am just like you or the next person, we are all equal although all unique. I am simply trying to find out more of “Who I am” Not in an egoistic sense. I want become more aware and share my experiences with other people and maybe turn on a few light bulbs. This is simply free advice because it’s costing me nothing to learn it and I try making it so people can speak more about it openly. ATS (Skunk Works) is a great place for that, mature people looking for answers.

So just thought I would share my intensions, and that’s to share this wonderful experience and maybe help people discover who they really are there “Inner Self”

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

We are all students and we are all teachers. Each of us have something unique to teach, even if it is only a different perspective.

psycho I think you're right on with this one. This is something I have always felt but it wasn't until not too long ago that I realised it is a universal truth to me.

Don't let anyone tell you "THE" truth.. For THE truth is not yours.. Truth is a personal experience.. spirituality is the search for truth, so spirituality to me, is completely personal... however.. your perception of personal is subject to change.
... When you feel all one with the universe I mean... or perhaps entirely different. You will have to wait and see.

Thanks for posting that, I think its something we all need to keep drilling in our heads.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i can not find the time to catch up in this thread. but i am now asking for some guidence. for a short time there i felt i was really close to opening my chakras. since then i seem to not be able to come close. is there anyone who could give me some advice. i am still very new to this and have been having trouble just meditating. thanks in advance.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I came on, right, cus there was a fly making a loud noise in my room. Then when I went over to the computer, it flew into my light and my room now smells like burnt fly

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kappo

Good luck kappo with the exams
Nice of you to drop by.
MG

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
i can not find the time to catch up in this thread. but i am now asking for some guidence. for a short time there i felt i was really close to opening my chakras. since then i seem to not be able to come close. is there anyone who could give me some advice. i am still very new to this and have been having trouble just meditating. thanks in advance.

Dont rush it or try too hard, it will come in time. Just by sitting quite and concentrating on emptying your mind will help loads. I know what you mean, you sit there and think has that chakra opened
Im not sure I sure can't feel it open, oh well lets move on to the next chakra..and so on.

Chakra meditation can one day be a very deep experience then the next hardly anything is felt. This is mainly due to how you are feeling yourself, how tired you are and just really how tunned into your self you are at that particular time. I find that meditating first thing on a morning is best rather than last thing at night but this is not always possible. Its not essentiall to meditate every day either so don't start thinking OMG I haven't meditated today I must "fit" it in, this too is wrong. If you don't feel up to it, or your ill not do it just go with the flow!

To start with just imagine in your minds eye the red root chakra and try to see it as a red flower opening and then spinning around. You may not feel a thing but your on the right track. I hardly ever feel my root chakra, not sure what its meant to feel like. Then move up to your orange chakra, yellow , green, blue, indigo and violet as above. I'll try to find psychos description of them and re post it for you.

The thing is it does take time and practise to feel them and know they are open, for about a week I was going to give up because I felt I was opening nothing. Keep at it and lets us know how you get on

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
So what is are Chakras and what do they represent

Within every living body, although on the subtle rather than the gross or physical level, there are said to be a series of energy fields or centres of consciousness, which in traditional Tantric teachings are called chakras [1]("wheels" , [2]) or padmas ("lotuses"). They are said to be located either along, or just in front of, the backbone, even though they may express themselves externally at points along the front of the body (navel, heart, throat, etc). Associated with the chakras is a latent subtle energy, called kundalini in Shaktism, and tumo in Tibetan Buddhist Tantra.

Speculations and teachings concerning the chakras have occured independently in the religious, spiritual, yogic, and occult traditions of India, China, and the West. Although having certain basic points in common, these also differ in many details. So we have a number of different chakra-doctrines that have developed in different esoteric traditions to greater or lesser completeness. Source

Here are the locations of each chakra

The 1st chakra is called the Root chakra. It is located between the anus and the genitals and is connected with the coccyx. The Root Chakra opens downward. When active with vigor, it is fiery red-orange in color.

The 2nd chakra is called the Sacral or Spleen chakra. Located over the spleen, it is sun-like in color and opens towards the front. Sanskrit books always substitute the 2nd sacral chakra with that of the spleen, locating it below the navel instead of at the spleen. My research suggests that there is a danger associated with tampering with the spleen, so perhaps this is why they locate it below the navel. I don't know.

The 3rd chakra is called the Solar Plexus chakra. It is located about two finger-breaths above the navel and is directly connected to our astral or emotional body. Through the solar plexus chakra we absorb the solar energy which nurtures our etheric body, which energizes and maintains our physical body. This is where our emotional (feeling) energy radiates, particularly our "gut feelings." Its color is chiefly green.

The 4th chakra is called the Heart chakra. It is the center of our entire chakra system. It is located in the center of the breast at the level and vicinity of the heart cavity and connects the three LOWER physical and emotional centers to the three HIGHER mental and spiritual centers. It glows a golden color.

The 5th chakra is called the Throat chakra. It is located between the depression in the neck and the larynx, beginning at the cervical vertebra behind the Adam's apple. It starts at the cervical vertebra and opens towards the front. It is also connected to a small secondary chakra, which has its seat in the neck and opens to the back, but since the two chakras are so closely related, they have been integrated into one. Although it has a lot of blue about it, it is also silvery, like moonlight upon rippling water. Blue and green predominate.

The 6th chakra is called the Third Eye? chakra. It is associated with the pituitary gland, which is a very small, shapeless organ about 1/8 inch in diameter located in the forehead about one finger-breath above the bridge of the nose between the eyebrows. Here conscious perception of being takes place. It is the seat of our higher mental powers. On the physical plane, it is the highest center of command for the central nervous system. One half is chiefly rose-colored with a lot of yellow, and the other half is predominantly purplish-blue.

The 7th chakra is called the Crown (Third Eye?) chakra. It is seated in the pineal gland, which is a small organ of fleshy consistency not much larger than the pituitary. The pineal gland is located near and behind the pituitary body almost in the exact center of your head at the level of your ears. The Crown Chakra opens upward, at the top of your head. Interestingly enough, medical science has yet to conclusively determine the physical influence this gland has on the human body (probably because metaphysics is beyond their rational thinking mind.) Although it contains all sorts of prismatic hues, it is predominantly violet. Source

Relaxation and Meditation

Now you have a basic understanding of each chakra it's time to learn how to prepare ones self to meditate.

Sit or lie comfortably, and immediately begin focusing on the feelings throughout the body. Those new to this practice may begin by focusing upon a very small area of the body, such as the tip of the right index finger. Be carefully aware of every subtle detail of feeling in this area. Allow awareness to spread to the entire finger, then the hand, arm, both arms, chest, torso, head, legs and feet, (not necessarily in that order). Do not avoid any pain, fear or other unpleasantness found anywhere in the body. [Such feelings are usually the result of Intentions which inhibit personal growth, and these can be "reprogrammed". Fear can be replaced by love, confusion by clarity, and pain by vibrant energy/positivity.

As thoughts inevitably run though the mind, simply relax, and return again and again to a feeling-awareness focus, even if this means doing so a hundred times every minute. Chronic, rampant, seemingly unstoppable thoughts in the mind, are a symptom of stored stress in ones' being. As the practice of meditation proceeds, stress is released, and the tendency of thoughts to intrude upon this process will gradually diminish. Be patient and don't let the simplicity of this method of meditation deceive you. Let your awareness travel freely from one area of the body to the next, as it will be inclined to do. Feel every subtle inner detail. Areas of particular stress or activity will attract your awareness, and hold it for longer periods than the rest of the body. Allow this to happen, as it is a function of natural self-healing processes and energy body activity. Don't be concerned or irritated by intruding thoughts, just continue to return to a feeling/awareness-oriented focus within the body, in a relaxed manner.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by psycho81]

Here you go!

Sorry MODs if you think its too big a quote but I think after so many pages people need a re cap on what exactly chakra meditation is and how to go about it.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good luck Kappo hope you get Top marks

Nah do your best that all you can do buddy

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join