It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]How Deep Does the Rabbit Hole GO===> Part 1[HOAX]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was rather looking forward to what he had to say...even if just for the laugh. I completely understand how frustrating it is to hear yarn after yarn that you almost want to believe but are left feeling violated and void.
Honestly though...what do you expect? There are liars and there are LIARS. Perhaps he was an attention seeking kid. Perhaps he was disinformation agent.
Hows that, you ask? Well, if enough of these kinds of people lure you on with false and unsubstantiated bunk you become increasingly cynical. Great tactic huh? You just keep bouncing off false doors long enough, eventually, you stop trying to go through any.
To quote the x-files "the truth is out there"...and it is; although, it is more IN there than OUT there...but thats another story.
Don't give in to cynicism. For everyone's sake. Try to remain open hearted and yet intellectually sharp. Don't allow that intellectual clarity though to border on arrogance and cruelty.
Christ said it best, "Be as wise as serpents but as innocent as lambs."
I doubt the OP had any truth to his story; however, there are some things that should be voiced:
1) Electricity: Natural phenomenon, right? WHO KNOWS if some intelligent being(s) way back in the far recesses of time didn't come to this planet (I mean universe or known pocket of reality) and "invent" it. Perhaps they also invented wind. I mean sure its a stretch, but we don't know where the OP was coming from.
2) I know some 1 who might be paying attention 2 this: 01010011 01100101 01100011 01110010 01100101 01110100.
Again, another stretch; certainly! But who knows? Give the person enough room to say what they have to say and be respectful at the very least until they have finished. What if there was going to be a coded message in his text-talk?
3) It was old news, stuff we've all heard before. This may be true...but maybe he didn't know that. He may think he was the only one with this information. Again, another stretch I agree. I still think the OP should have been provided with enough respect to say what he had to say.
I had some other points but decrepitude has struck me early tonight.
In closing, I certainly don't think he had anything real to say and thus likely would have been an entire waste of my time to read....but now I'll never know. If he was a disinformation agent then I'm glad he's gone, if he was just some lonely kid....who knows, maybe if we showed him a bit of respect he might have grown up some.
I guess all I am saying is that even if someone is 'clearly' not going to be the grand revealer of all truth, let them say what they have to say. You don't have to read it after all. And who knows? Maybe one day we'll actually find what we are seeking for.
Peace Love and eternal grooviness.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by Verus Arcanum]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Stick a fork in this one. Sham. Hoax. Waste of time.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My fellow truth seekers,

How quickly did the situation polarize and two sides created even amazes (and amuses) me.

Are you all trying to prove me wrong from my second post in this thread where I said we were bunch of mature and intelligent people seeking the truth?

I always thought and seen ATS as a place where we give someone a benefit of a doubt, where no mountain is to high and no water to deep (information wise). After all, the subjects we deal with here carry a necessity to be open minded beyond the normal reasonable doubt. Therefore let's give the OP a benefit of a doubt, shall we?

Regarding OP's persona, I believe some give the Government and Black Ops employees way too much credit (or should I say "street cred"?). Whether the OP uses SMS, IRC or other abbreviations is irrelevant to the subject, and it could even be intentional.

These people are just like us - they have their desires, needs and fallacies, it is just the line of work they are in that makes them different. Granted there are exceptions to any rule but if you consider them (or wish them to be) automatons then perhaps that perception is unjustified and unwarranted.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by amigo]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verus Arcanum
1) Electricity: Natural phenomenon, right? WHO KNOWS if some intelligent being(s) way back in the far recesses of time didn't come to this planet and "invent" it. Perhaps they also invented wind. I mean sure its a stretch, but we don't know where the OP was coming from.
2) I know some 1 who might be paying attention 2 this: 01010011 01100101 01100011 01110010 01100101 01110100.

1. My first post was asking him to explain more about the 'electricity' comment. I gave your very explanation some thought before that first posting. His answer would have had to deal with the observable universe. Electric force seems to be part of the universe not just an earthly phenomena. No answer was given and I didn't expect one.

2. More 'Secret' stuff I presume.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I did actually mean to say "universe" not planet, but the point remains the same. Who knows? I know you don't know. I know I don't know. I know nobody knows. Thats about all I know for 'certain'. If you want to talk about probability, well...yeah the probability is infinitesimally small that electricity was created by anyone/thing (save God of course...and who knows that he wasn't talking about that?). Further, the 'observable' universe doesn't need to be the limiting factor. It was not 'observable' to the ancient world that the earth was globular and not flat (even if some of those skeptics looked). The official 911 story was not 'observably' bunk to the vast majority of Americans during the first couple of years after the event (again even if you showed them incredibly strong evidence)
Atoms were not 'observable' and yet conceived of 1500 years ago!
I mean, I understand what you are saying, and I agree in part; however ultimately, I don't think that needs be the limiting criteria.
So yes, we could say that purple bunnies from the nether system of bunkaroo tipan invaded our formerly red flat planet Earth and stole all the randomly evolved twinkies which were necessary components for our understanding of all things. My point is; judge 'after' everything is on the table. Who knows? I have no certain idea where he was coming from...and at the very least it might have given me something to whimsically consider. If I thought it was a waste of time, I could easily just not follow that thread.
Heck, I even joined today just in case there was something worth commenting on!
Peace love and eternal grooviness!

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Bah for some reason my edits on this post aren't taking.
I was saying;
Grats on number 2, keep it on the low...lest they all find out! shhh.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Verus Arcanum

Agreed. The point I was making was to get the Op to expand on that statement. I was hoping for something along the lines of what you expressed. A measure of how deep that statement was meant to be.

I do agree that claims of hoax do not need to be thrown until either reasonable questions are ignored or obvious deception is noted.

Edit: Kinda obvious what profession I have been engaged in most of my life.

[edit on 3/29/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
secret 007- with that name I cant believe anyone replied to the post actually wanting to read more nonsence.

How deep the worm hole goes (matrix)- Pethetic.

From a strong believer, ATS has made me very sceptical about the whole 'ufo' subject (in a good way).

I cling to the credible rendlesham forrest incident. That keeps my hopes up, and keeps my eyes on the stars

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SECRET_007

I knew this was a crap thread when I read the first couple of lines lol

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
nice try 007
Another One Bites The Dust
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have no doubt that secret007 knows some stuff.
However, I also feel that he has a negative desire for attention and likes to manipulate people to that end.

I think he is clever but underestimated peoples low threshhold for his shenanigans.

What he started was wrong and he knows this for the simple reason he was not coming from a truthful and sincere prospective. It was wrong because it was fiction dressed up in sheeps clothing.

His contrived dealings here were to generate an outcome of possible fame or notoriety/attention and not to impart any of his considerable knowledge. I think he gets his kicks from manipulating others emotions.

You been a bad boy 007, when will you learn?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Was "Duping people" in the Pope's new list of sins? I always think it is underestimated by the higher ups as to the damage it can do.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Great work on the HOAX tag Springer.

However - do we have to wait until the guy has earned over 1000 points before action is taken?

What a great way to earn 1000+ points in just a couple of days! I gotta remember that one next time I need a boost!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SECRET_007

" electricty was even invented, they don't want you to have it, not that electricity was invented for financial gain but its much more complex than that electricty has a direct affect on the Human Brain"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha o God, thank for this, so electricity was "invented", as oposed to just "be there" and exist long before life and long before most of other things, if not all things, men, are you wise or what.

I do believe in UFOs, but please, stay real or at least give more thought to your statements, also please, please really please use more punctuation signs, you write like you are in 5th grade or something, i have experience with UFOs since i was about two, i had never know the true meaning of them, i had a lot of things happen in my life related to strange things on the sky and even experiences when i am asleep that do not relate in any way to regular dreams, but still, i think the answer is something else that you simply, don't know a thing about, i could say more, but it's no use, from the way you write and explain yourself, i have all i need to call bs, and that's it, i may not be an older here, but i have lived a lot, and i can see through you very easily, as i am sure most of the people here does, your ego is bigger than your lies, please be honest, we don't need yet another hoax.

Regards

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Isnt it obvious that secret007 and Venus Arcanum are same person? Dont even need to look at the IP. Just look at how they spell.

I know some 1 who might be paying attention 2 this:

Originally posted by SECRET_007

I am here for 1 purpose to share what I know. I 2 be continued...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Why dont the mods start a new forum where all you do is provide evidence and no-one can comment or flame you.

That way you are not massaging there egos by letting the thread go on and on for pages and pages when the OP has presenting very very little.

This will stop them from saying "i will release info in time, keep watching"

For all those who think that we should give these people more chance i say even if they are telling the truth without any evidence what difference does it make to the subject if it is not believed? If you are to believe it is true it is just another Alien story to tell your non-believing friends.
We lose nothing by not believing it ,this way the topic is only left with the very best of evidence that is availible and not hundreds of stories.
Roswell was in the paper, there were eyewitness to the event ,military personnel who saw the wreckage, many investigations and yet with all that evidence we still dont really know what crashed at roswell!
So this story really isnt going to change anything without any evidence and even if it did whos to say we could prove it anyway.
Lets not kid ourselves the smoking gun is not going to be released unless the person who is releasing it can guarantee his/her safety i.e all the members of ATS providing a human shield.

My two cents

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo2012
Why dont the mods start a new forum where all you do is provide evidence and no-one can comment or flame you.

That way you are not massaging there egos by letting the thread go on and on for pages and pages when the OP has presenting very very little.

No, I think it's more fun this way and I will have a chance to debunk them with my sup3ri0r debunx0r sk1llz!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by commodore64

I came to the same conclusion myself, and probably more than 2! It seems strange that as one goes, another comes, just for this thread, and starts making similar cryptic comments.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Again, another stretch; certainly! But who knows? Give the person enough room to say what they have to say and be respectful at the very least until they have finished. What if there was going to be a coded message in his text-talk?

The binary code here is actually 01010011=S 01100101=e001100011c 01110010=r 01100101=e 01110100t......he just left out the 007....hehe. whatever.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by neo2012

While on the surface the idea of a place where "information" could be posted without member comment sounds fine, I don't see it working out very well.

"Agent ZYX" comes to this "No Comment" forum and lays out his first thousand words, saying that as soon as he gets back to the office, he will get more data together, ATS poster Joe Shmoe starts a thread in the UFO forum on the "information" so far released by "Agent ZYX".

Now because of human nature, "Agent ZYX" comes to Joe's thread and defends himself, saying that he can't stand the bashing, and the doubters are going to get him killed, blah, blah, blah.

We just end up with an extra thread to no purpose, and the same activities as we have now. If we close Joe's thread to protect the first thread by Agent, then we are penalizing the free speech of members and being held hostage by Agent at the same time. (And if Agent is a hoaxer, he now goes to another website, links to ATS, and gets his ego stroked there with the discussion he can generate on that site.)

It's good to think outside the old box, but you have to look at the downside too.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join