It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida School Security Officer Tasers 11-Year-Old Girl

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So what you're saying is that the airport LEOs that I worked with, who could write citations, make arrests, work DUI checkpoints, and do everything else that you said they can do there are NOT real LEOs. They're just pretend LEOs because their jacket said AKAL and not POLICE. Right.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Edit to add:
They also went through an abbreviated police training course. They had all the basic police training without spending time on the streets with the police. And in fact many of them WERE retired police officers, or were with the security police in the military before retiring.

[edit on 3/30/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
That girl was crazy, if you read the whole article you know what I mean. Taser her ass twice, 11 or not

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Since when could an eleven year old girl not be controlled by the simple strong arms of her father? Grab her, take her home, teach her.

I remember the Rockefellers saying that they intended on fostering cultural influences in our society which would gradually remove parents responsibility to their children, and instead making them the responsibility of the state.

The state is tasering our kids to teach them. Hmm... good idea?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
That girl was crazy, if you read the whole article you know what I mean. Taser her ass twice, 11 or not

Someone needs to tase you three times so you read all three articles, instead of just the one
Why are you assuming all of us didn't read the one article but you did?
Did you find an article we didn't?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkcrt

As far as I'm concerned, the child is lucky that the guard allowed her to continue breathing.

So the guard should have killed her? And shes the menace?...

She is a menace and should be delt with as such. She has no respect for the lives of others so in turn we show her no respect for her life.

Again alluding that she should have been killed

Did you just just in to the thread without reading previous posts. I clearly showed multiple times no one wintessed her "alleged" murder attempt, except a rival child student. But that's enough to stop her breathing and deal with her life? You're the menace

What possible good can come out a person like that. Stop arguing that's she's only twelve or eleven or whatever. What she IS is a lost cause.

Well considering she just punched an officer, and didn't kill anyone, and she's only eleven years old, I would think there is still time for this "lost cause" to gain some education. At that age you're pretty ignorant in general. If she gets the right influence she might just be fine.

Write her off already.

More murder talk?

[edit on 023131p://30u39 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ianr5741
Since when could an eleven year old girl not be controlled by the simple strong arms of her father? Grab her, take her home, teach her.

That would be a great idea, and that's a good point. But she was tossing a desk and chair(s) around, so maybe the teacher didn't feel there was time. Teacher wanted her out of the class ASAP.

The officer should have been able to controll her in the way you're describing the father would have.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Zaphod and Defcon,

I am following what you guys are saying, and maybe it just hasn't been figured out yet... but did the officer in question have training or not? What kind of training? How extensive of training? The article says 20 years experience... what kind of experience was that do you think?

Or maybe you already answered that Defcon? and I am just confused on what you two are debating? That's a possibility for sure

[edit on 023131p://30u26 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Someone needs to tase you three times so you read all three articles, instead of just the one
Why are you assuming all of us didn't read the one article but you did?
Did you find an article we didn't?

Its on the main page, read it. She tried to push someone into oncoming traffic, attacked her teacher, and then a security officer. She was crazy and should be taught at a good young age what happens when you break the law! "DON' TAZE ME BRO!" ZAP! And even if she wasn't actually trying to push the kid infront of the car. (misunderstanding) she still attacked her teacher and a security officer, both are major crimes!

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell

Its on the main page, read it. She tried to push someone into oncoming traffic, attacked her teacher, and then a security officer. She was crazy and should be taught at a good young age what happens when you break the law! "DON' TAZE ME BRO!" ZAP! And even if she wasn't actually trying to push the kid infront of the car. (misunderstanding) she still attacked her teacher and a security officer, both are major crimes!

Go back a page and read my post that has my notes on three different articles. I'd love to discuss with you, but I won't any further until you have done so. Won't take you long at all.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
ok im sorry...but if this was MY kid and she did that and got tasered...id kind of look at her and go "hurts dont it?"

Yeah, but a proper slap with an open hand would have the same effect.

The girl is 11 years. That is ELEVEN years. We're not even remotely talking of an adult here. Kids in that age learn very fast and she'll now learn that weapons are the answer to every problem. A taser is a weapon.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

The girl is 11 years. That is ELEVEN years. We're not even remotely talking of an adult here. Kids in that age learn very fast and she'll now learn that weapons are the answer to every problem.

Moniker that's a really good point. This is instilling the idea that weapons are the answer. The first thing to do, before other actions. That's what the Law showed her in that situation. People were saying she was a hoodlum... well it's being instilled into her by the law as well..

A taser is a weapon

In fact, did you see my wiki snippet on a previous page that showed there was a push to get tasers reclassified as "impact weapons"?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Nowhere did I read how physically big this child is... if she's a tiny girl with mental problems, she might be manageable by adults. But I've seen some VERY LARGE 11 year olds! Some of them are taller and heavier than I have ever been! When a child is mean, and their adrenalin is pumping, even when they're SMALL in stature they can be incorrigible to deal with, physically. They're quick--and they can hurt you in a hot flash! If she's one of the larger children, and totally out of control, tasering her may have been an act of desperation and fear. But it's better than SHOOTING her with a gun, although some might think the final solution, in this instance, would save some people a whole lot of grief and tax dollars to prosecute and incarcerate her for life, later on.

She clearly is a problematic child. Options in circumstances wherein things are happening quickly, often require solutions that cannot please everyone.

I can't help but believe if she was that angry and out of control, her parents have seen this behavior before, and should have previously addressed it via anger management, counseling of some sort, etc.

SOME children are very violent, and don't belong in society. And let's also look at it from the perspective of the child she tried to push into traffic... and that child's parents. I'm sure they feel she got what she deserved. After all, had the 11-year-old been successful, she'd be in juvenile detention for aggravated assault, attempted murder, or murder of another child. If a child this age is this incorrigible now, what will she be doing in another 2 years, or 3 years, or as an adult?

Put her of meds, you say? That works, as long as she TAKES them. When she gets off the meds because she doesn't think she needs them anymore, or because she's tired of feeling drugged, she will go right back to being incorrigible. And then what??! She gets a gun and opens fire at a group of children on a playground? Or she joins a gang, and murders and maimings are the result?

I'm NOT in favor of using tasers, per se. I think tasers are used all too often in situations that could be resolved by other means. But, as I said, the alternatives are perhaps worse.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
**stupid, double post**

[edit on 033131p://30u06 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Tweaked,

you said many, many things that suggests you didn't read the entire article, and that you didn't read most of the posts in this thread. If you go back a page I have parts from 3 different articles posted.

Her size was described in all three articles, and you said you didn't read anywhere that is said that, for instance. Also you're saying absouletly that this girl tried to murder the other student. There was no witnesses to that, except a rival child student. I am a broken record here... Please check out my post on the previous page to get you up to speed.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So, how many school employees must be injured by a homicidal maniac before some of you will approve the tazer coming into play?

I would rather have seen the school employ enough old-fashioned muscle, clearly there wasn't enough present, to handle an unruly student or wait for the cops that should have been responding on the attempted murder 911 call the school hopefully placed.

However, clearly the kid was a danger and getting the best of those trying to control her by conventional force. I bet she's a big one. The tazer was used apropriately in this case.

Having said that, I'm not in favor of officers carrying lethal force in order to compensate for their lack of physical ability. Nor am I in favor of the clearly unwarranted tazer use we keep hearing about. I think tasers make it all too easy to apply excessive force. But, If we're to argue successfully against tazers this clearly is not the case to hang our hats on.

If you want to argue whether the tazer should be in the school in the first place, first picture it being used to take down a maniac with a knife or gun about to do harm to your child. Or to remove a brute that tried to, say, push your child under a bus.

Those of you that picture your child being the 11 year old that tried to kill another student and are appalled that she was tazered have bigger problems in your own homes to address than worrying about tazer use by LEOs. I hope none of you are actually raising children.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Muddyrider]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've made this statement before in other posts. WHY can't an officer just physically remove an 11 year old. Are these officers so out of shape and lazy and wusie that they can't man-handle.../ pick up/ carry an 11 year old girl weighing probably less then 100 pounds out of the school with possible assistance from a teacher?
Why don't is the point of officers having physical training and what not if they are all too scared to get physically hit by kids. These cops are wussies with a P instead of a W .....
I'm 150 pounds. I would form-tackle the hell out of that girl..kncok her down she'd probably cry....but it would be enough to subdue her.. Even that is kinda rough but better then tazering somebody....

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muddyrider

that should have been responding on the attempted murder 911 call the school hopefully placed.

They didn't place a 911 call for that because the teachers were not drawing the silly conclusion you are. The only witness to the "attempt" was another child student. The teachers just wanted to ask about it, figure out what really happened. You clearly havn't read much of the thread and articles.

I bet she's a big one. The tazer was used apropriately in this case.

You didn't read the articles, obviously, since each one said she was quite big. Yet you know it was applied appropriately?

Sucks that so many new ATS members are showing up to this thread without reading the articles and our posts and then say such extreme stuff.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

and i was just responding with my thoughts

originally posted by skipshipman: Some 300 people have died because of the spurious and casual use of this so called "non-lethal weapon."

did you happen to find any statistics on how many people have been tased overall either nation or worldwide? i bet youd find that number would make that 300 a very very small %.

consider then also that in a very high % of those cases that the officers used the taser as an alternative to shooting the suspect.

tasers, while they may contribute to prison overcrowding, SAVE LIVES! both for police and suspects.

Originally posted by bkcrt
What possible good can come out a person like that. Stop arguing that's she's only twelve or eleven or whatever. What she IS is a lost cause.

Write her off already.

well, even i have to politely disagree here. some may see this as teaching the child that a weapon is a means to resolve your problems, i see it as an object lesson. there are consequences to your actions and striking a cop is a VERY BAD IDEA!

but while some may not believe this im an idealist...i think all kids could be saved if you identify the issue and fix it. clearly an issue has been identified here and now its time for mom to be a mom.

i guess overall i just cant understand how so many of you seem to think that striking this child was a better alternative to a 5second jolt...i really am at a loss on this

and i still think that had the cop used her baton or mace or god forbid her firearm many of you out there vilifying this officer for using the taser would be SCREAMING "WHY DIDNT SHE JUST USE HER TASER?"

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I love how the opening post makes it sound like the poor little girl was abused. She deserved the tasering. Schools no longer have any sense of discipline. No wonder we need "No child left behind" programs. These deviants would be in the school system for 30 years, with taxpayers getting the punishment. The parents of this one should be tasered too!

The teacher should of had a concealed carry permit. Sh would not have gotten assaulted by this crazed student.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Did you bother reading anything except that the girl was tasered? She's 5'5" and weighs 150+ pounds. This is no "11 year old that probably weighs less than 100 pounds".

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join