It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida School Security Officer Tasers 11-Year-Old Girl

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
you just said she was a fat girl, even makes more sense, fat looking girls look older than they really are, so he probably thought she was 17.

If you read the article you will see it is a female officer. And our posts say she was a female officer.

Also if you read the article you will see that this was the school's security officer. I highly doubt this officer that worked for this school thought she was 17.

Anyways,

No. What you're saying doesn't make sense.

What you're describing is valid when you factor in "equalizers", aka guns, and other weapons.

When it's purely unarmed then size does indeed matter. Age does indeed matter. Unarmed training does indeed matter.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You can tell me a million times that this girl was 11, and I'll tell you a million times that even a six year old could cause significant damage if put in the right situation.

I know from experience that this is true, I used to babysit a couple of young children, one was 3 the other was 7 and on the odd occasion the 7 year old would have tantrums, throw things around and hit me, and the punches really hurt. Thankfully he never managed to hit me in the face but gut and crotch punches even from a tiny child can bring you to your knees if they get the right (or should that be wrong) spot.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by doogle

Even the grandmasters get hit. Fighting is about damage controll.

That damage is controlled through the efficiency of your combat skills.

Yes kids can deal damage. Typically not nearly as much as adults. (and i don't mean weapons). This is because of body strength and naturally because of experience.

Honestly, if you, outside of this case, saw this female officer and another women around her age and weight, and then this 11 year old girl who is around her weight. And then someone asked you who would win against the officer in an unarmed match. Who would you bet on to win? What would you guess the odds to be?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The only reason I can see for what I perceive as excessive tasering, is to get the public used to it. When it is so commonplace, no one will complain!

We're being set-up

As in brainwashing.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Your putting a school securty guard up there with "even the greatest masters"? Your refering to this lady like she should have as much martial arts experience as Chuck Norris and as much battle experience as General McArthur. No person doing security services has to know anything but how to dial a phone for police, she was put in a situation out of her element and acted accordingly; the state doesn't give these security guards any type of battle ready training and again does not require you to be any type of fighter. For all we know this lady could have been a tiny older woman who would have been easily taken over by a hyper 11 year old girl.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Please, no I am not.

I have trained police with baton and nightsticks. And I have trained with them on grappling technique. I know some of them get the training. They would not need to be martial grandmasters to train and execute a few key grappling techniques.

Putting all that aside, you're missing my point.

It's not IF she had the training, but SHOULD she have had the training. Yes she should have had the basic training in a few grappling techniques. This way she doesn't have to resort to the taser for all circumstances.

[edit on 053030p://7u32 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I agree with you that she should be required to have some sort of restrant training. The part your missing on your above post was that she was not police but a security guard and is not required too.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Sorry man, but you missed the many posts earlier in this thread. This wasn't a mere security guard. This was an LEO of 20 years experience with the Sherrifs Department

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is unacceptable. These parents obviously don't get the concept of the word discipline, and the child, consequences. My parents whacked my butt with a belt when I got out of line, and I think I turned out fairly decent. But nowadays our country has changed a good ole spanking into abuse. The government is doing a GREAT job- look where its getting us.

Oh, and I applaud the officer. Bravo.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by its a girl! aka Nicole]

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join