It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida School Security Officer Tasers 11-Year-Old Girl

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A taser is very similar to a cattle prod.

Are we now cattle to the people who wield these instruments?

We are treated as lesser than humans.

ANd we pay their saleries.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
lucidlunacy, as promised: mace msds

i wont bother with a CS msds (not sure what the officer had but nasty as mace is id still prefer it to CS gas) suffice to say that ill vouche for how nasty CS is...had an overeager Sgt just about kil me with the stuff once...but thats the kind of story that deserves to be told over a few beers lol

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
ok im sorry...but if this was MY kid and she did that and got tasered...id kind of look at her and go "hurts dont it?"

I agree with this. I was reading and her outburst could have seriously hurt someone. She tried pushing someone in front of traffic for cripes sake and then just walked away? Some pretty serious issues must be with that child... this reminds me of the time a friend of mine made a disruption in class.(She had some serious ED problems) she threw a fit in the class, and our teacher told her to go to the ED room. She wouldn't do it... she started throwing things and using foul language at the teacher. The teacher called the ED teacher, and they literally had to drag her out of the room by her arms. She kept on screaming to let her go, that she lost her shoe. This was in 5th grade. After that if I remember... she was only limited to that room for quite awhile... but that's how they should have handled that girl if you ask me. Get her the heck outta there and stick her in a room where she won't hurt herself and with supervison.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by Muddyrider

that should have been responding on the attempted murder 911 call the school hopefully placed.

They didn't place a 911 call for that because the teachers were not drawing the silly conclusion you are. The only witness to the "attempt" was another child student. You clearly havn't read much of the thread and articles.

I bet she's a big one. The tazer was used apropriately in this case.

You didn't read the articles, obviously, since each one said she was quite big. Yet you know it was applied appropriately?

Sucks that so many new ATS members are showing up to this thread without reading the articles and our posts and then say such extreme stuff.

Your personal attack to my first post on this topic not only shows that I'm right on track with what I said but it's also a window to your immaturity and lack of debating skills.

You keep trying to make a point out of the fact that only one child reported the attempt to push the other child into traffic. Even if that were the case school officials must act as though it were true. The 11 year olds subsequent behavior lends much credance to the original report. Regardless, throwing desks,chairs, punches, spitting and breaking a LEO's nose warrants the tazer coming out.

The fact that the child WAS big helps me make my point. Thank you.

If not in this case then under what possible circumstances, what threshold?
Tell us exactly how much longer YOU would have waited to use YOUR tazer, in your capacity as a Monday morning quarterback of course.

Also, telling everyone to go read every word ever written on the subject then come back is not a valid way to make your point. As if all our opinions would mirror yours if only we read the same words. If you have nothing to add maybe you should take a break and stop replying to every post that disagrees with your opinion and giving them reading assignments.

The way you feverishly if not effectively attempt to defend your indefensible point of view on this leads me to speculate if you don't identify with the unruly 11 year old in this story.

Only a potential OJ jurer could with a strait face defend the actions of this child and question the use of the tazer in this instance.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempeAs far as i'm concerned if the kid weighed in at 300 lbs and looked like a sumo wrestler, the CHILD IS STILL A CHILD - with a mentality of an 11 year old.

Which makes her even more dangerous, children lack specific mental faculties like consequential thinking. I'm not thrilled that they tased her, but by the looks of it it was the best option in a bad situation.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
she tried to push another kid into on coming traffic, spit and cussed at teachers,
and hit a cop. 5'5 and 170 pounds, thats a bid 11 year old. if this was your kid
wouldn't you be ashamed at what they where doing ? wtf ..
come on people.. if you can control your kids you need help.
she deserved it. you don't do what she did and expect nothing to happen.
i dont like most of the things that cops do but some times things
need to get done to stop a situation. one cop hit in the nose, none of the other
"adults" around where helping so she had to be controlled. why is she acting
out like this ? what is it like at her home ? do the other kids pic on her ?
has any one actually tried to help figure out what is going on to make her act up ?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I really can't say if the taser was excessive or not, I have seen children on violent rampages to the point that a taser would be the only option....or just throw a desk at her and knock her out.

I've had a few paddlings in my day. I remember having to sign Coach Romine's (sp) paddle a few times

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
A taser is very similar to a cattle prod.

Are we now cattle to the people who wield these instruments?

We are treated as lesser than humans.

ANd we pay their saleries.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by interestedalways]

When you try to push people in front of cars, try to hit teachers with desks and chairs along with spitting on them, and then punch a cop in the nose while resisting arrest for being a moron...

Yes. You are less than "human"

Sorry, but the rest of the world is actually trying to raise the bar of what it means to be human. We have been discovering that we have so much in common with animals that those of us who can not act with reason and self control will be looked upon as animals.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hey,
Lucky the officer did not shoot the brat. What is one to do?????????

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
So what you're saying is that the airport LEOs that I worked with, who could write citations, make arrests, work DUI checkpoints, and do everything else that you said they can do there are NOT real LEOs. They're just pretend LEOs because their jacket said AKAL and not POLICE. Right.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Edit to add:
They also went through an abbreviated police training course. They had all the basic police training without spending time on the streets with the police. And in fact many of them WERE retired police officers, or were with the security police in the military before retiring.

TSA’s cannot write a citation the last I heard, Airport Police Officers can. Airport Police are real police officers who have to go through a Federal Airport Police Academy, and have all the rights of a normal police officer with their jurisdiction being restricted to the airport property and some of the roads surrounding it. Airport Police cannot take home a squad car off the airport property, often they cannot work a normal, solo, off duty job, and they cannot write citations off federal property. Resource officers come from an already existent police force, here in Tampa they all come from HCSO and are full-fledged Deputies, obviously in other counties they can come from other local police forces. Either way though they can work solo off duty jobs, they can write citations, take home their cruiser, patrol the streets, and perform all the other duties of other officers outside the area of the school they patrol. Normally it's officers that want to get off the street for some reason, they need a 9-5 shift, are getting close to retirement, don’t want to have to be standing out in the rain everyday, etc…

My one neighbor was a 20-year veteran of the sheriff department as a detective, and for the last couple of years on the force he did this job. He was still a full deputy, he still had his patrol car, and he simply went to a school everyday instead of the local substation.

So to sum it up, I have also known VA Police officers, DOT officers, DOC officers, TSA’s, and Airport Police officers, all of whom fall under the category of what you are talking about, However Resource Officers do not, they are officers that come from the ranks of a police force and are made to work at a school. If a resource officer pulled you over on the street, you would not be able to tell the difference between them and a normal police officer of the same department.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Or maybe you already answered that Defcon? and I am just confused on what you two are debating? That's a possibility for sure

I know what Zaphod is talking about, I am simply having a difficult time conveying it to him what I am talking about. There are a lot of Leo’s (as he puts it) that are not what many would consider real Police Officers. As a matter of fact, most Patrol Officers I know also don’t consider them to be real Police Officers, because they don’t have the level training, experience, and authority that they have. As a prime example, if an Airport Police Officer got an off-duty job working at the mall, he would not be able to arrest a shop lifter and fill out the paperwork, he would have to call a Patrol Deputy to do it instead. This is normally the case with folks that are considered to be Federal Police Officers, often they are little more then Security Officers with arrest authority on federal land; whether that be an airport, VA facility, or so on. I often hear my friends complain about even State Police Officers working off-duty, because despite the fact that they are full police, they don’t have any experience with doing the paperwork involved with someone like a shoplifter as their normal job is highway patrol. DOT officers are also federal police officers, but they only deal with truckers. One good way to tell is by whether they can get a solo off-duty job, and whether or not they can take home their patrol car. Most Federal Agencies will not allow their people to drive home their patrol car, as they have no authority to use them off Federal Land, where a Patrol Officer normally can.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Taking this whole nazi state a little to far, what the hell is wrong with you people? I'm a bouncer I weigh in at about 240 pounds I have to deal with people on a consistant basis that outweigh me by 50 to 100 pounds, I have to deal with gang members, bikers, crackheads and assholes of all sorts, I don't have backup either. I don't have a tazer, it's illegal for me to use one. I don't get anything except my two fists and I have never had anything go so wrong. If that cop had to use a tazer he should find a new carrier. This is dangerouse and that any of you agree with these methods is appalling. Kids 11, grab her, push her up against the wall and thats it and even thats extreem for an 11 year old. 30 years ago there would have been riots in the streets over something like this and they would have been hippies free loving moraless hippies and they even have more sence then most of you.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm glad that little punk girl emo girl got tasered by the Security. He did a good job, you can't be pushing over people over traffic and not get a punishment. I don't care how old you are. 11 year olds can kill too.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muddyrider

Your personal attack to my first post on this topic not only shows that I'm right on track with what I said

It wasn't an attack, it was an observation. And no, it doesn't show anything of the sort.

Sorry if I came off too harshly. I am getting a little jaded over the fact some are not reading the material here but have no qualms with saying the taser was completely justified, and other absolutes. It's silly to do that before you read the article in its entirety.

but it's also a window to your immaturity and lack of debating skills.

I am sure our debating skills will become evident as we progress.

You keep trying to make a point out of the fact that only one child reported the attempt to push the other child into traffic.

Nope. I am not. What I keep doing is pointing people to the fact that the articles are saying that. I keep doing this because, like you, some members are joining this thread and are speaking in an absolute, matter-of-fact way about this "murder attempt", when in fact the articles clearly state the only witness was a rival student.

Even if that were the case

It is true in the sense that it's what the articles say.

school officials must act as though it were true.

Why must the school officials "act as thought it were true"??

Whenever a kid reports or taddles something they must accept it as true!? I once had a kid accuse me of satanism because I was playing Magic The Gathering at recess. Should they have accepted that as truth based on that kids testimony? Okay that was a bad analogy. Here is another: I once had a rival student accuse me of punching him, but the truth was he punched me and knew I was going to tell on him, so he told on me first. The point is, only a kid witnessed this "attempt". And that's not enough.

In the articles it suggests the teachers just wanted to talk to the girl to see what the story was. She wasn't compliant, and then she got out of control. That doesn't suggest even the teachers felt it was "the truth". They were trying to figure it out.

The 11 year olds subsequent behavior lends much credance to the original report.

Be specific. Yes she had a history of disruptive behavior. What were those things exactly? Explain how those things give credence to a murder attempt.

I myself had many many detentions and "on-sites" and even some suspensions during my school years. None of that would give credence to the idea that I would attempt to murder anyone.

Regardless, throwing desks,chairs, punches, spitting and breaking a LEO's nose warrants the tazer coming out.

Again, you obviously didn't read the article(s). As the articles are clear she didn't break her nose. Badly bruised it. No fracture or break.

She tossed desks and chairs around, but not at anyone. She "attempted" to spit on the teacher. So the teacher called the officer for her to be removed. The officer got in a physical struggle with the girl and got punched once in the nose in the process. Which did not result in a nose break.

The fact that the child WAS big helps me make my point. Thank you.

MY POINT however, was that you didn't read the article(s).

You said "I bet she's big". That is clearly stated in any of the three articles. Therefore you either didn't comprehend the material, skipped over the words, or didn't read them at all.

If not in this case then under what possible circumstances, what threshold?
Tell us exactly how much longer YOU would have waited to use YOUR tazer,

If you read my earlier posts from the previous pages, you will see that my contention is that it wouldn't have gotten that far. With the proper training for the job i.e basic skills in unarmed grappling techinques, the officer should have been able to submit the 11 year old without resorting to a taser, baton, mace, firearm, or any other means other then grappling techniques.

So to answer your question: I wouldn't have used it at all.

in your capacity as a Monday morning quarterback of course.

So I am the one making personal attacks right?

Actually I am not sure what that even means?

I could have submitted her without using a taser.

Also, telling everyone to go read every word ever written on the subject then come back is not a valid way to make your point.

All I said was read the articles. You had not read them. That wasn't asking too much.

Not reading the material but then attempting to make any points is not a valid way for you to do it

Also, I said goto the previous page. I had all the key points from three different articles all layed out in an easy and comprehensive manner. It would have been faster and easier to have done that then looking through 3 different links/pages. That's why I made that post.

If you have nothing to add maybe you should take a break and stop replying to every post that disagrees with your opinion and giving them reading assignments.

You are really against reading arn't you.

If you did bother to take me up on that "reading assignment" you would see how absurd that statement is.

I added my own thoughts on every single snippet I took from those three articles. Go ahead, go back a page and see for yourself.

Also notice that many of the things I say are not statements but questions asking other ATS members for their take on things

[edit on 043131p://31u40 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I'm glad that little punk girl emo girl got tasered by the Security. He did a good job, you can't be pushing over people over traffic and not get a punishment. I don't care how old you are. 11 year olds can kill too.

Can you please cut and past where in the article it says she pushed a girl in traffic or attempted to push a girl in traffic?

I read three different articles, and all of them consistently say that neither a teacher or an officer witnessed this. The only witness was a rival student and it took place off campus.

Also, please paste the "punk emo" part while your at it.

[edit on 043131p://31u10 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Hmmm, if this is the kind of people who populate America, I dont wonder that these atrocities do happen. Judging by the response, this guy
a) Hates "emo-kids" which makes him a bully-type macho-style bigot.
b) Likes the tazer, which makes him an idiot, coz whoever likes to be repressed by thoughtless robots wearing electric shockers is an idiot.
c)hates kids, and probably is afraid of the FREEDOM the kid state does (still) imply, which makes him inhumane.

Its actually scary to see how many people here support the repressive government in the Fascist dictatorship of America...Maybe you guys are too brainwashed to notice that there is actually a very rapid slide into Nazi-type fascism in the USA and tazers are a sure sign of this; when a population needs to be suppressed, repressed, and oppressed, the government is wrong.

But yeh, leaders who rsesort to invading and bombing random middle-eastern countries have shown throughout the ages to be very bad for the population at large. But well, eh, we know that population-control is high on their agenda...

It makes me want to cry to see the change in people all around the world; the reaction to oppressive governments is strangely enough a call for more repression, and more government.
I kinda begin to think that most people NEED to be rounded up and killed in efficient death-camps. Maybe that will teach them the value of REAL freedom.

Sad times we are living in...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm glad that little punk girl emo girl got tasered by the Security. He did a good job, you can't be pushing over people over traffic and not get a punishment.

and I thought the issue here was meant to be just preventing her hurting people. :shk: So are you suggesting all police 'punnish' people straight away Jedi? I thought thats what the courts were for..

[edit on 31-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

and I thought the issue here was meant to be just preventing her hurting people. :shk: So are you suggesting all police 'punnish' people straight away Jedi? I thought thats what the courts were for..

[edit on 31-3-2008 by riley]

Yeh, well, most people do not understand the low standards for recruiting officers...A lot of people actually think that the officers of police have the right to convict people, and this only on the basis of their being a police-officer.

When will people learn that the police are mainly for protecting the government from citizens and to defend the monopolies of the corporations and banks...

Free people in a good situation and in a country with good government do not need to revolt, but most governments are instated to support the elite in their suppression of civilians.
Historically, government itself has shown to be against the people rather than FOR the people. But few people read and learn from past mistakes; most people just echo the opinions of those they admire and fear.Thatsw why people wear brands rather than clothes that they like. We have been thoroughly cultivated not to have our own opinions. And culture, which is the opposite of nature, mostly emanates from the 'higher class' and is designed to repress free thought by suppressing people's individuality.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you can't handle a 11 year old girl as a security guard without tasering, you are in the wrong line of business.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So I decided to loo around and see how many different accounts there are of this story out there. I am amazoed at how many "News reports" there are where details are either left out, or changed. Not even counting the racially charged blogs I have found(Some people need to realize that jiminez is a Hispanic name, and that the little girl was not black) there is so much of this blown out of proportion. Did you know that it is now fact that a child was pushed into traffic? Not attempted to push anymore, oh no, the child was actually pushed. Google 11 year old taseres florida, you will come up with all sorts of stories. Many of them are spot on, but some they just didn't do their homework and report anyhting they want.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join