It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

younger generation believers...with experiences

page: 20
46
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08
 


28-11-1986

or the american way, 11-28-1986




posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan Pilot
reply to post by janglerock
 


Great post. I agree and sympathize with a lot of what you've said. I'm not sure how I stand on the whole "reptilian" issue. However, I believe just like people, some aliens have to be good and some have to be the opposite. Because you can't have one without the other and expect to progress.

And because of this belief in other beings, i've always wondered why we're out in the middle of galactic no where, with no one but ourselves to play with. Why has no one said "hi" yet, or if they have, why is it being covered up? Would it really result in the panic people think? I don't think so. Unless it ended up like the movie independence day or Alien. If us being isolated is part of some master plan, fine. But what then, is the reason? What do we have to prove? And what happens if we fail? Now, that raises the question, who wants us to prevail, and who wants us to lose?

I dont think people originated from here, I think we were "put" here for some reason, and what that reason is, I dont really know. However, in my experience of reading different types of metaphysical/new age books, etc. I've come to the conclusion that maybe we're here to prove something. Who put us here? No clue. Could there be the possibility that aliens were the ones that started humanity off so to say? Could humanity be a hybrid of alien/human? Who knows. But there is the possibility. Maybe thats why so many people are bringing up the 12 strand DNA shift that coincides with the coming of 2012 and the ascension. I dont know. Maybe thats why so many of us have the same experiences. Maybe we're the hybrids. Maybe some are more hybrid then others. Maybe thats why we're here. To prove something.

Maybe earth is really just a big petri dish in a huge experiment. Maybe 2012 is when we realize whether or not we passed the test.


This is EXACTLY what i believe.
I dont know if were hybrids, altough i read somewhere we are and have something to do with angels, but i do belive we are an experiment, i do belive we are put here, i do belive we have something to proof.

I think maybe we have to proof that while cut off from the light we can find our way back.
No memory's, no clues, no contact with others, not even knowing of others and being held back by the people who have the power to do so, but still finding our way back to the light. That is what i believe we, as the human race, are here for.



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan Pilot
reply to post by jkrog08
 


"I too feel a "compassion" towards other human beings and truly love them,but am appauled at what I see sometimes"

I agree totally. Its very hard to describe, as words don't do the feeling justice, but its kinda like being "in love" with the entire world. If you could imagine such a thing. The moments aren't very long, but when I have them its hard to feel alone. Anyone else experience this?

I also wanted to add, jkrog08 when you mentioned feeling a knot in your stomach, and feeling homesick when you saw the image of the Pleiades, I understand totally. Like you feel more at home looking at the stars, more at home up there for whatever reason, then down here?





[edit on 5-4-2008 by Mayan Pilot]

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Mayan Pilot]


Like i said in my first post on the first or second page of this thread, i have this also.
It all began as a young boy, being out at night, looking at the stars.
I had no clues of what the universe was, or stars, planets, moons, nothing, i was just a boy... but suddenly i looked up and when i saw these dark night with all his stras i became homesick. Weird because i was not to far away from my house.

Now we cant see stars anymore, not where i live here in Holland. Its too damn light..



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great thread!

I'm coming up on 40 (though I don't look or act like it,) so I hope I'm not too old to chime in on this one.

As a child I used to wake up several times a week with dirty feet, leaves, bruises, scratches and aches that weren't present when I went to bed. I have no clear recollection of how these things occurred. My parents like to tell a story that they caught me sleepwalking as an 8 yr old. Apparently in my sleep I had unbolted the deadbolt and walked out into the front yard in the middle of the night. So maybe I was a sleepwalking pro?

I have had several dreams that were very, very clear to me. The first of these happened when I was a young lad of maybe 6 or 7. In the dream I was in my backyard and leaned back into the wind and started flying. I have a clear recollection of looking down at my neighborhood as I was flying. I can still feel the wind in my hair from that "dream." After that experience I was obsessed with climbing trees and would spend hours in them as high as I could climb.

One of my most clear dreams (and there are about 6 of them with this same theme) was me standing in a semi-circular clearing just outside of a wooded area, and then the "lights" came. The lights flashed random color patterns which I just understood, then they took me up into some sort of observational area and I was looking down at a planet that was not earth. The entire time I was inside I do not recall any beings, only that lights were flashing and were feeding me information. When they re-deposited me in the clearing, I felt enlightened and as if I were given the "secrets of the universe." In fact, that's how I woke up, saying to myself that I understood the "secrets of the universe" out loud. The weirdest part of this dream is that when I remember it, I am overwhelmingly prompted to think of a metal folding chair-almost as if that's a default thought that's been put into my brain.

I've woken up with sleep paralysis constantly in my life. The funny thing is that I somehow feel that whatever is paralyzing me won't come if there is a cat in the room. At least it never has. My dog's presence doesn't seem to discourage any "visitors" that I may have had. And there have been times when my cat has hissed and arched for no apparent reason.

I've had two UFO sightings, one was probably military aircraft but the other was a ball of light about the size of a basketball that "buzzed" me and another individual while we were walking from one campus building to another, when I was in college.

All that being said, I'm still a relative skeptic when it comes to UFOs and Alien beings. The only time I really freaked out about alien beings was watching an animal planet commercial with a bunch of Lemurs that were on their hind legs, upright and hopping. Something about their eyes sent me into a panic. Weird, huh?

When I look at alien drawings, it's very rare that one gives me the chills. Most of the time I find myself saying, "nope, that's not what they look like." But every once in a while I'll see one and be sent into a panic.

So experiences and dreams like I've mentioned have followed me throughout my whole life-but I cannot say that I've had a conscious experience, nor can I say I've actually seen a Grey.

If anyone is interested in any more of my dreams I'll post them.

-E



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Mayan Pilot- I know exactly what you're speaking of. There are a few things I have made a large part of my life which are love, forgiveness, purity, gratitude, and truth to self and others. Despite how the masses can act, I try and am most times able to forgive them for they do not know what they are doing how or they are treating people. Once I've truly forgiven them, then I give them love. From this I feel 100% in my heart that I have equal love for everyone in this world.

I had to end my last relationship as we were vibrating at very different levels. Since then I've wondered how will I be able to be with someone when I love everyone equally with all my heart? I still haven't found the answer to that.

cosmicstorm - I should have told you this before but you did a wonderful thing starting this thread. Many kudos to you for opening the door for so many to come forward!

I want to share a story I told someone last night.

Two summers ago I took a hiatus from the restaurant business and independent contracted for a company traveling the country. One day in Detroit after finishing our work for the day, I was driving home with my partner (who was sleeping) down the highway. It started to rain and as soon as I took a curve, a rainbow appeared. I took another turn and there was now a double rainbow. I admired that for a minute and took another curve in the highway. When it straightened out, there were four rainbows of all different brightness to my right. I was shocked, I'd never seen anything like it.

Within a couple minutes it all disappeared. After driving another three miles, this rainbow appeared as an archway over the highway and I was going to pass directly under it. It looked like the St. Louis Archway. As I approached the rainbow, which has initially stopped at the treelines, it continued through the trees and the highway and connected directly to my heart making this archway a now complete circle. I could see the full circle including the light on and around my body. When I passed through the circle everything in front of me flashed an intense bright white with a thunderous sound followed by ten seconds of an intense violet color with a high pitched pinging noise that some of you have described hearing. I was completely blind and deaf for those seconds from what happened.

After that I felt in a manner that I had never felt in my life. I talked to my mom on the phone for a while and slept for what seemed like forever. My thought process and feelings have been different ever since.

Since then, whenever I look into the sky, I have been able to see rainbows. Day, night, cloudy, whatever, I can see them if I look for about ten seconds. I also see them on street signs, cars, people's auras, and many other things. It always helps me realize the true beauty of everything that's around us.

A couple weeks later I thought to myself that I should buy a rainbow painted car so everyone could feel the beauty that I feel from seeing rainbows. Then it all hit me. Everyone would think I was gay. It makes perfect sense. The illuminati or TPTB created the gay sign to be the rainbow. This way anyone who associated themself with rainbows would be judged and persecuted by the rest of society making them an outcast knowing that if everyone saw rainbows, they would feel much more beauty withing their heart. Maybe that's not true and it all happened conciendentally but this scenario would seem to fit.

Enjoy your Saturday all. Peace

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Universal Light]



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well Mayan Pilot thats quite a story,dont know what to think of it with the gay sign and all but anyways.I decided to post the following thought on this thread because I feel it is relevent.I have been looking aroun at other threads and saw a new one about life on mars by the "ever popular mikesingh" and the first thing I see after reading though like one page of responses is nothing but ego stroking-I have nothing against this guy and think he post some great things-but come on its ridiculous,he has like 80 stars,70 flags,23 diggs......I really thought ATS was bout more than "popularity"but I guess it is the same with anything "human".Now I brought this up to make a point on THIS thread(so mods bear with me)We say we are different,that we think different..........but do you really?A couple of the last post(and I am not singleing anyone out)people say" I broke up with so and so cause she is different"and in past pages on this thread the same thing"I am different"or"we are different"'I have compassion"........get my point???We all say we are different than most,but are you really?When it comes down to it can you back up these words with actions??Or will you be like everyone else-letting your ego get stroked and conforming to the "normal"ways of society,I know I dont.

The point I am trying to make here is that we all claim we are different,and I have no reason to doubt that,but then I just look at other threads ohn here and responses by "so called"believers and they ARE JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!So I hope that we are all being truthful here and not just saying and not walking-if you know what I mean.

Thats why I related that thread to this thread,now I know those people dont claim the same as us......but they supposibly believe close to the same as us-that has me alarmed-WE CALL FOR CHANGE AND LIVING DIFFERENT,BUT DO NOT DO IT OURSELFS??!!It is truly hard for me to put everything I feel and want to say right noww into words,but I am trying.

So I ask you all this,WILL YOU TRULY TAKE A STAND WHEN IT COUNTS AND BE THE MINORITY,AND TRY TO EFFECT A CHANGE IN NORMAL THINKING?I know I WILL.I also am alarmed from some actions of members of THIS THREAD,I will not give any names or anything,but it seems like some of the actions by certain people in this thread(And trust me its not anyone you would think)have me wondering,are you truly DOING WHAT YOUR SAYING??

Or are you doing what everyone else is saying?

I myself have been and will be completly honest in this thread and in real life if you ask,thats just how I am.Ask yourselfs are you being honest with everyone,but more importantly YOURSELF?I say that by saying with me posting about some of my past problems or sending you u2u's trying to keep in touch and be friendly-I hope that you understand that is all I am doing-I am trying to help us all by doing MY PART,and I hope the BRAINWASHING OF SOCIETY GLOBALLY has not numbed any of you to your true selfs if infact what you say is true and non medically explaned.

Thank you-
JKrog



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08
 


You know, this is one reason I've felt reluctant stating or holding the belief that I am "different," because if one isn't careful it can become about precisely what you're warning about: ego. I think most or all of the posters in this thread have good enough heads on their shoulders to steer clear of that potential pitfall, but I do think that it's a risk nonetheless. Do I feel "different?" Yes; but is it possible that, judging from this thread, we're really not that different at all, and that in reality what we have is just similar experiences which are less common than others? I don't know, but it's worth staying open to that possibility in my opinion. Why? Because in the long run, I think we run the risk of setting ourselves up for failure with regard to "changing things" - since some have stated the opinion that this is our "purpose" - because it's hard to change much if you've reinforced your differences from the society you hope to change, over your commonalities with them. While we may indeed be "different," I think that at the most basic level we have more in common with others than we lack. We're all (arguably
) human, we all inhabit the same world, and we must all cope with a shared reality, whether we feel at home in it or not.

I also share your frustration with the points/popularity system. I've always wondered why it's necessary, although flags do seem useful in that they project collective interest in topics such that the most collectively interesting threads are the most visible. However I'm glad I found this thread before it dropped off the radar - which begs the question: how are we supposed to find threads that don't ever flourish or which are unpopular, but which might be of great interest to us, in cases when the search function would require prior knowledge of that specific thread's subject matter? (i.e. when the thread is not a popular or well known issue, but rather something more subtle or abstract.)

I can only offer solidarity with your goal of being honest in this thread, and say that I have and will continue to do the same. I have no reason to expect anything less of everyone else posting in it. Is there something specific that has you concerned? I too saw the Mars thread you mentioned. Was it a general lack of posts in that thread, the abundance of stars/flags/etc. or something else entirely that perturbed you?

You may notice that in my posts I am quite noncommittal. That's precisely because I honestly don't know what (if anything) has happened to me, and therefore, how much or little I really have in common with those posting here. That’s my attempt at being honest herein; I want to avoid presuming to know what’s going on, so I’m remaining open to everyone’s insights. Nonetheless, I can relate to much of what has been said and described.

All in all, I do think it is vital to avoid "group think" when it comes to any issue. Similarity isn't always suggestive or connection or shared purpose. Birds of a feather may flock together, but the birds may not all be the same species, if you will. If that's what you're getting at, then I wholeheartedly agree. I still think that this thread has (and continues to do so) served as an excellent means of connecting with people having similar experiences that we might have otherwise missed out on completely. That said, we do need to be wary – in my opinion – of just sharing a collective group hug (though I do genuinely care about everyone here and I think expressing that is healthy,) while avoiding the application of critical thinking, and/or jumping to conclusions.



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08
 


Wow bro. I can only speak for myself on this but I think you have some things confused as well as thoughts from different posts melded into one. Maybe I'm misintepreting what you're saying.

I think one of the main points of this thread is that all these people feel different then what they are taught. They are bringing up experiences that differentiate them from the norm. People are realizing that these ''crazy' experiences are more likely to be the norm and everyone else is "crazy". The thing is because of these experiences, many people have to come to realize that we are all one in the same. Everyone is the same, no better or no worse. Just because stories are being shared doesn't mean someone is proclaiming themself to be better.

Also, some of the words you chose to capitalize makes it seem that you are making accusations even though I don't think you are. One of the things I've said before is that I spend time with others helping them come to their wiser self. I teach people about the things in life we aren't supposed to know. I have several people I meet with on a weekly basis to help them discover themself. So at least for me, I know I breathe what I speak.

Unless I completely missed the point of your entire post, I do not follow you at all espicially since it doesn't resonate with the rest of your posts up to this point. Peace my friend.



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Well Mayan Pilot thats quite a story,dont know what to think of it with the gay sign and all but anyways.I decided to post the following thought on this thread because I feel it is relevent.I have been looking aroun at other threads and saw a new one about life on mars by the "ever popular mikesingh" and the first thing I see after reading though like one page of responses is nothing but ego stroking-I have nothing against this guy and think he post some great things-but come on its ridiculous,he has like 80 stars,70 flags,23 diggs......I really thought ATS was bout more than "popularity"but I guess it is the same with anything "human".Now I brought this up to make a point on THIS thread(so mods bear with me)We say we are different,that we think different..........but do you really?A couple of the last post(and I am not singleing anyone out)people say" I broke up with so and so cause she is different"and in past pages on this thread the same thing"I am different"or"we are different"'I have compassion"........get my point???We all say we are different than most,but are you really?When it comes down to it can you back up these words with actions??Or will you be like everyone else-letting your ego get stroked and conforming to the "normal"ways of society,I know I dont.

The point I am trying to make here is that we all claim we are different,and I have no reason to doubt that,but then I just look at other threads ohn here and responses by "so called"believers and they ARE JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!So I hope that we are all being truthful here and not just saying and not walking-if you know what I mean.

Thats why I related that thread to this thread,now I know those people dont claim the same as us......but they supposibly believe close to the same as us-that has me alarmed-WE CALL FOR CHANGE AND LIVING DIFFERENT,BUT DO NOT DO IT OURSELFS??!!It is truly hard for me to put everything I feel and want to say right noww into words,but I am trying.

So I ask you all this,WILL YOU TRULY TAKE A STAND WHEN IT COUNTS AND BE THE MINORITY,AND TRY TO EFFECT A CHANGE IN NORMAL THINKING?I know I WILL.I also am alarmed from some actions of members of THIS THREAD,I will not give any names or anything,but it seems like some of the actions by certain people in this thread(And trust me its not anyone you would think)have me wondering,are you truly DOING WHAT YOUR SAYING??

Or are you doing what everyone else is saying?

I myself have been and will be completly honest in this thread and in real life if you ask,thats just how I am.Ask yourselfs are you being honest with everyone,but more importantly YOURSELF?I say that by saying with me posting about some of my past problems or sending you u2u's trying to keep in touch and be friendly-I hope that you understand that is all I am doing-I am trying to help us all by doing MY PART,and I hope the BRAINWASHING OF SOCIETY GLOBALLY has not numbed any of you to your true selfs if infact what you say is true and non medically explaned.

Thank you-
JKrog


You cant just say this because of only 3 or 4 people in a thread with 20 pages.
You make it look like we all think we are special, you make it look like we all are liars, but if you read everything, you know there are only a few ones.

I've noticed such comments also but i aint going to comment on that, i dont want to ill a great thread, and i dont care if people lie or think they're special. They're only fooling themselves and are not hurting me with it, so why bother.

Please do not talk as if we all are the way you described in the post i quoted. Its far from truth.



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light
 


Okay,I had a feeling you and this would happen if I posted that,Netherlands and you have misread my post.I am not accusing ANYONE,I am simply issuing a warning to the effect that if anyone on here is not being truthful or is just "playing along",or even for that matter anyone who truly believes that they are different to follow your words with actions,and to not fool yourself or others on this thread.

Universal light:I posted that about the other thread as an example in an abstract way.......acewambat understood what I meant I believe.I was trying to say that although other people on ATS claim they are different from the main stream public,it appears they are not.If I insulted you I am sorry but it was not my intent-it was my intent however to insult those which perpitrate the very things I spoke about.

Netherlands:I think you misunderstood me,if I insulted you I am sorry,that was not my intent...........and yea it really does matter as a whole who is true or who is fake-how can you claim you want change when you are now different yourself(not you,just anyone in general).Maybe you understand me clearer now,I hope this thread can continue but I felt my statement was nessicary and will stand by it.



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am in no way saying that it is wrong to live life and have fun and interact,and do some things everyone else does-it would be anti social and cultish not to.But as far as your attitude and feelings go,if anyone claims to be different-back it up w/ action,dont just talk-that is what I was trying to say-kinda motivation I guess.



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is an example of honesty of ones life,to tell even the bad stuff for the interest of us all::::

Originally posted by jkrog08
It just came to me after reflecting back on that 'other' post that maybe I should state some facts about my life.

1.I played and started varsity highschool football,played middle school ball and pee wee ball.So I am not some anti social "nerd".
2.I have alot of friends(not so many now since I just moved to Illinois from Tennessee,I gota meet some up here

3.Yes I did suffer from Agorophobia(fear of socializing),I do not suffer from it nearly as much anymore after some friend broke me out of it.
4.I partied alot in Tennessee and choose not to as of yet hear,with me being in school and all.
5.I choose to come to ATS because I want to find the truth.
6.I thought I would throw in the fact that alot of my friends and people I talk to are open about these "fringe"topics,although some arnt.
7.I am not under some delusion that I or we are special,I do not want to admit it myself-I just would like to be normal and not think about these things all the time.When I tried to not really think about it it still comes up and I still dont feel normal "wasting"my time with noral social events.
8.But I also do not think that ALL these people suffer from some mass mental issue either-that is more illogical than believing in a "alien hellinic battle armada".
9.I used to smoke marijuana and do some other drugs.Yea I do take some pain pills on occassion for a football related back problem.
10.I can easily choose to not come on here anymore and go party.But thats one reason I left Tennessee,it got me in trouble and yea-I got arressted-not for anything seious,and yea I still gota go down and take care of it this summer when schools out(I have an attorney)
11.Yea I have had some mental health issues in the past infact I am crrently on a anti-deppresent.
12.I hope that this reply helps explain some more of my life,and maybe others will follow so some people dont think we are insane.Thanx



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I believe jk wasn't referring to or accusing anyone specific of anything, but rather trying to inspire and motivate us to, essentially, be courageous enough to show our differences publicly and not merely in a thread where we all seem so like-minded. I can see where the way he/she worded it could be interpreted as combative or accusatory, but given his/her subsequent explanation and clarification I also feel it's clear that isn't what he/she intended.

The general thrust jk seems to be making is one of unabashed honesty, not just in this thread, but in our lives and interactions with others, be it in other threads, in other online communities, or elsewhere. If so, then I agree. For instance (and this may not be an example jk would necessarily give him or herself - I'm not jk and don't pretend to know his/her beliefs - but I think honesty is more important than agreement, which I think was his/her point, and this is only an example,) I have a deep abiding love for everyone - and I do mean everyone, from the worst tyrant to the most humble and innocent child. Yet I often find it very difficult to say so, because I invariably get static from those who condemn the unconditional nature of that love. It's difficult to express platonic love and compassion for people in a society where, at times, it's just plain "uncool" to love.

So, in that spirit of aforementioned honesty and lack of inhibition, I want to say:

I love everyone who reads this, no matter who you are, and it's perfectly alright with me if you disagree with, rebuff, reject, or regard as "corny" that sentiment. I want you all to be happy, fulfilled, and at peace. That is my sincerest wish for everyone, and I’m sorry if that bothers anyone. It was freely stated and well intended.


Thus concludes my attempt at reinvigorating the positive vibe previously inhabiting this thread.



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I just dont think such a reply has any use because the people who ARE lying aint gonna stop it after that post, and we aint gonna find out if and who is lying or whatever.

If someone is lying, he or she is only fooling him/herself.

Now can we please get back on-topic?



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
JK I can see what you are trying to warn against, and I agree that people shouldn't follow the crowd just because everyone else is doing. But from what I've read on this thread, I dont think most of the responses really had that in mind. In my personal experience, this is one of the few places that I can be truthful about how I feel and what I believe and have interests in, without fearing a kind of skeptical backlash. I agree that people should be truthful, not just on the internet where being anonymous has its perks, but in there lives as well. But, you also have to take into effect, that being truthful about certain things, such as what has been said on this thread is not taken seriously or respectec by most people.

For example, I work at a very small company. One of my co-workers and I were discussing random things and he brought up area 51. I asked him if he believed in aliens, and he simply said "# no". His reason was, If God had wanted us to know about aliens, he would have put it in the bible. There is no mention of aliens in the bible, so thus, they dont exist. Now because I have a big mouth, I asked Ok, fine. What about the possibility that there could be life out there, since the universe does seem like a pretty big place? And even if God didnt specifically say aliens existed, what if he thought maybe we weren't ready to know yet? He simply started laughing, stated a few bible verses, and said "I dont think so. Its not in the bible, and I just dont think its possible.

Its this kind of closed minded mentality that makes it hard for people to discuss things, like whats been said in this thread on a regular basis. Unfortunately, society just isn't that kind. As far as feeling "different" goes, yes, i do feel different then most people. Does that make me better than them, no. Do I feel I am better than them? No. And it took me a long time of trying to fit in with people my age, to realize I just can't do it. Outside of what I've stated on here, I have a fairly normal life. I work, I hang out, I spend time with family, etc. I just feel differently about some things.

I didnt mean to rant, but just felt like saying my peace. Now lets all have a big group hug and continue discussing things.

Oh and whoever wanted birthdays, here's mine, 11/10/1984.

Peace!
Ka



posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands
 


Indeed! However, it at least allows me or him/her to reaffirm to others for ourselves - even if it does nothing to change others' actions - our intent to be honest and forthright in our dealings with one another. It may not be useful per say, but it sure made me feel better.


On topic: has anyone else here ever shared a dream with other people, in particular of a place none of you have been, only to discover that the location you dreamed of actually existed after waking?



posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
JK


Sometimes I find internet and text communication difficult as opposed to face to face converstation for the simple fact that you get no sense of intent or of the intangibles that take place. I'm glad I was well aware that I could have been misinterpreting you. You had mentioned that someone said they broke up with their girlfriend for being different, which was me, but that was not the way I said it or meant it at all thus I was misinterpreted as well. It's all gravy though, there are much better things to talk about in this thread and won't talking about it again. Someone said before that this thread has been anomalous for ATS, couldn't agree more and would love to keep that going.

I haven't had a shared dream with anyone before so I can't comment on that. But I did have an extreme case of dejavu tonight. And not the simple innate feeling of dejavu. This was a full blown, I had the events of several mintues in a row type of dejavu. I'm sure you've all had experiences with it. Do you have any theories as to why this happens or what it could be?



posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayan Pilot
JK I can see what you are trying to warn against, and I agree that people shouldn't follow the crowd just because everyone else is doing. But from what I've read on this thread, I dont think most of the responses really had that in mind. In my personal experience, this is one of the few places that I can be truthful about how I feel and what I believe and have interests in, without fearing a kind of skeptical backlash. I agree that people should be truthful, not just on the internet where being anonymous has its perks, but in there lives as well. But, you also have to take into effect, that being truthful about certain things, such as what has been said on this thread is not taken seriously or respectec by most people.

For example, I work at a very small company. One of my co-workers and I were discussing random things and he brought up area 51. I asked him if he believed in aliens, and he simply said "# no". His reason was, If God had wanted us to know about aliens, he would have put it in the bible. There is no mention of aliens in the bible, so thus, they dont exist. Now because I have a big mouth, I asked Ok, fine. What about the possibility that there could be life out there, since the universe does seem like a pretty big place? And even if God didnt specifically say aliens existed, what if he thought maybe we weren't ready to know yet? He simply started laughing, stated a few bible verses, and said "I dont think so. Its not in the bible, and I just dont think its possible.

Its this kind of closed minded mentality that makes it hard for people to discuss things, like whats been said in this thread on a regular basis. Unfortunately, society just isn't that kind. As far as feeling "different" goes, yes, i do feel different then most people. Does that make me better than them, no. Do I feel I am better than them? No. And it took me a long time of trying to fit in with people my age, to realize I just can't do it. Outside of what I've stated on here, I have a fairly normal life. I work, I hang out, I spend time with family, etc. I just feel differently about some things.

I didnt mean to rant, but just felt like saying my peace. Now lets all have a big group hug and continue discussing things.

Oh and whoever wanted birthdays, here's mine, 11/10/1984.

Peace!
Ka


When people take the bible to use as their reason why they dont believe in aliens i always say:

"Jesus said he was from another world"

"Jesus levitated up into a "cloud"

"When Moses was on the mountain-top, God appeared to him in a "cloud" which was surrounded by fire and thunder" (entering the atmosfeer?)

Now i have lots more of these things which we can now clearly classify as third encounters and alien contact, which they couldnt back then.

God himself is an alien



posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
JK


Sometimes I find internet and text communication difficult as opposed to face to face converstation for the simple fact that you get no sense of intent or of the intangibles that take place. I'm glad I was well aware that I could have been misinterpreting you. You had mentioned that someone said they broke up with their girlfriend for being different, which was me, but that was not the way I said it or meant it at all thus I was misinterpreted as well. It's all gravy though, there are much better things to talk about in this thread and won't talking about it again. Someone said before that this thread has been anomalous for ATS, couldn't agree more and would love to keep that going.

I haven't had a shared dream with anyone before so I can't comment on that. But I did have an extreme case of dejavu tonight. And not the simple innate feeling of dejavu. This was a full blown, I had the events of several mintues in a row type of dejavu. I'm sure you've all had experiences with it. Do you have any theories as to why this happens or what it could be?


Well, i have these huge dejavu's also.
Sometimes i remember hey this happend to me before but thats not all, i can clearly picture in my mind what is going to happen in the next several minutes.

Most people only get the feeling after it happend or while it happend, but i know what is going to happen after i get the dejavu feeling, in exact detail.

People say its a chemical reaction in the brain but what about the next minutes after the realization of having a huge dejavu, while i can see what is going to happen, what is going to be said etc etc...



posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands
 


And it's different than a premontion which I get those as well. Some people have described it before as a glitch in time or a hiccup if you will. I don't feel that's the right answer. It's very possible that there is a bigger underlying purpose to these events but have never heard any theories that have grabbed by attention. Either way it is a truely different experience knowing what's going to happen as if time was merely a playwright scripted out far in advance and the events are nothing more than a repeated rehersal.



new topics

top topics



 
46
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join