It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

In SG-1 is was the Gua-old (how ever you spell it), the replicators and then the Ori. The Ori of course were religious extremists, hell bent on kill all those who don't accept their gods

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

That's the beauty of being Atheist hehe, whenever there's a tsunami,plague,tornado,hurricane, whatever, I dont have to blame a god or try to rationalize why a god would do such a thing. I just say to myself, thats too bad, there are people suffering, hopefully someone will help them. There's a reason for why everything happens, usually that reason is easily explained without bringing God into the equation. It just wasn't so easy back in those days because they weren't as far along as we are now.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

They want to have their cake and eat it too. God is real when he does something bad to blame him for. But he's not real if his rules affects their sex life

So because God sent the plagues on Egypt - Atheists do not believe in God - Atheists can only say that they dies form disease.

See we do believe God did it. But he didn't tell us to do it.
‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

But you BELIEVE that god killed Children, thats about all I'm saying, I didn't bring this up and don't see reason to defend this
EDIT: I do believe it was a disease, I doubt it killed only the first born Children, it prolly killed ALOT of kids, but as I said, things get exaggerated, and the bible has been changed numerous times

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

I have no plans on killing you. Now or ever.

I do not think you deserve to die, just because I disagree with you or for ANY other reason. I don't believe in mercy killing nor the death penalty. I don't believe in retribution, vengence or an eye for an eye. I may not agree with you, but I see no reason to stifle your freedom of speech or ability to make a successful living.

I find other outlets for anxiety and stress, like playing video games and killing digital monsters or PVPing as an outlet for frustration akin to playing a rousing game of football or a deep chess game because you know the person playing against you is literally, still alive afterwards. is none the worse for wear, and actually enjoyed the challenge.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
No, the Egyptians were not Atheists.
They had many gods, the chief one seemed to be the SUN.
Then along came Pharoah Akhenaton and declared that there was but ONE god -Aton, who was represented by a Sun disc. (So was a sun god also :@@

So you are saying that the coneheads were the "hybrids"?
According to worldwide folk takes and myths, They seem to have been the ones who brought civilization to man.

The Egyptian mummies certainly attest to the fact that they were not normal humans. Look at those heads!!

EGYPTIAN HEADS

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I was actually comparing the Gua-ould to the Ori. Watch SG-1, you'll understand

The Egyptian mummies certainly attest to the fact that they were not normal humans. Look at those heads!!

prolly how they dressed, like in Africa with the REALLLLLLY long necks
: D===|-<

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

the amarna period was overloaded with hybrids. almost every single member of akhenaton's family was hybrid. apparently it had been awhile since the Angel of Death paid the infamous visit.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

LOL! you know i have a thread on stargates here at ats?
it's called STARGATES ARE REAL. have you read it? your name seems familar.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No I haven't and I doubt there are alien rings that use wormhole technology to connect to other alien rings on other planets. I think, I don't know, but I think that Stargate was based after an ancient legend, prolly the same legend that you used in your stargates are real thread

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell

But you BELIEVE that god killed Children, thats about all I'm saying

Who knows if they were kids. I ain't so sure. They were just first born.
They coulda been fifty, 20 or 1.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by undo

They want to have their cake and eat it too. God is real when he does something bad to blame him for. But he's not real if his rules affects their sex life

Any Atheist that thinks like this is a fool. Either God is real or not, If he's not you can't blame him for anything, or thank him for that matter. I wouldn't get too comfortable with this little nugget of absurdity Whammy, most Atheist that have an ounce of logic would not use this kind of thinking to justify their beliefs.

Edit: Are we in a stargate forum or what? LOL Lets get this back on the road here folks.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Gigatronix]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No I haven't and I doubt there are alien rings that use wormhole technology to connect to other alien rings on other planets.

You should read this entire thread. It's verrrrry interesting.

Stargates are Real
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Like I said, things get exaggerated

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

But you BELIEVE that god killed Children, thats about all I'm saying, I didn't bring this up and don't see reason to defend this
EDIT: I do believe it was a disease, I doubt it killed only the first born Children, it prolly killed ALOT of kids, but as I said, things get exaggerated, and the bible has been changed numerous times

Dude I have no problem with God killing who he wants. He's God. You don't have a problem with it either because you don't think he exists.

So the only thing left is you have a problem with what I believe. And that my friend is what the hell we are talking about in this thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I though we were talking about Atheists changing history, but at this point I don't know what were talking about

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yeah, and I could be wrong, but I think most of us Atheists here don't have a problem with what you believe, but a problem with your assertion that Atheists are trying to airbrush history. Lets get back to that shall we?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Ok, answer: We aren't, communism is not Atheism, and Hitler wasn't an Atheist because he mentions doing gods work

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I wrote the OP so maybe I have a clue... thanks for the pointer though. In the OP I stated atheists continually throw up killing in the name of religion. Dawkins claiming faith is the root of all evil. That is having a problem with what I believe; is it not?

Which is what your statement "But you BELIEVE that god killed Children, " demonstrated.

Now was that so hard to wrap your mind around?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I never said that believing that god killed children made you violent, I saw the root of all evil, the part I agreed with was the indoctrination of children

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join