It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You don't need to tell me about the beauty of women and the atrocity of killing them. I myself am a huge fan of women, I think they are wonderful and deserve a better lot in life. Those numbers and examples you cited, those things are horrible and any person, regardless of faith or non-faith, should condemn it. But blaming it on ATheism is the wrong answer. Blame the people who have the power to commit these crimes, not the idea that they claim to be acting for. You'd don't like your faith being blamed for wars and death and atrocity right? Same principle.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Damien_Hell

Anyway, think, please and thank you. We ladies deserve a shot at survival.
I know you can make robots to replace us, and tuck our little dnas away in glass jars and make new men in test tubes, but sheesh....

ROFL get your head out of sci-fi, we can't make people in test tubes. And name one straight guy who wants to live in a world without sex

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Good Original Post, you shoulda used Hitler too though because he actually wrote it down that jews were close to pure ape, blacks and Chinese nearly 100% ape and so on. And ole Hitler thought he could help man make the next "Evolutionary Leap" by getting the apes out of he gene pool. Evolution is NOT scientifically backed nor ever been shown or proven, although they do like to try to link the THEORY of evolution to science, it can not be.
ONE MUST "BELIEVE" in evolution, thereby bringing in "FAITH" and "BELIEF" to their thinking and I am sorry to say but Faith and belief in something is a Religion, evolution and atheism is a religion.

I avoided Hitler because the air brushers always try to paint him as Christian. Even though he made no attempt to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. I wish someone would start a thread on Hitlers romance with Darwin.

Sorry to break your bubbles, and I won't argue with fools and morons, there are over 10 groups that have offered millions in cash for any "EVIDENCE" of evolution and funny how that money has never been collected by anyone.

I will say this though,it is usually those taught they came from animals that act most like them to their fellow Man, excuse me, ANIMAL.

P.S. - Darrow lost the Scopes monkey trial and the conviction and fine stuck to that defendant teacher, THAT IS HISTORICAL FACT also one they are trying to airbrush away as if Darrow won that trial.

But radical atheist extremists do not like historical facts. History reveals that their ideology kills people. There have been volumes of testimony from reliable witnesses for millenia concerning encounters with God. Even ardent evolutionists have to allow for an initial "poof". They call it magic I guess.
Since all the evidence is in favor of God, I will stick with the evidence and let them have their "magic".

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
Those are Agnostics, and Buddhists don't believe in a god, Buddah was a normal person who reached enlightenment, get your facts straight

Labelling yourself an atheist is considered an intellectual badge of honor or something
why thank you

Don't flatter yourself Dumien he was facetious and secondly for the second time, try reading and UNDERSTANDING what HE said before you go telling him to get his facts straight about something he never said.

Buddha fits in with the analogy he gave

- Con

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

Mod Edit. Please read!!! Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 3/23/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

...people who think their might be a god are agnostics, not atheists. And Buddhists are technically atheists because Buddhas not a god. What did I not understand?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

I avoided Hitler because the air brushers always try to paint him as Christian. Even though he made no attempt to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. I wish someone would start a thread on Hitlers romance with Darwin.

Hitler was baptized roman Catholic and THAT's how they get away with saying that. I was baptized Catholic myself but I never go to Catholic anything it was just that I was born in a Catholic Hospital. It is the same tactic they use to say Atheists don't go to jail for any crimes or are the lowest statistic by taking those same baptized this or that religion whether they are or not.

Sneaky stuff when ya think of the extremes they have to go to to pad thier proof . I mean when you think about it , you would think the science community as they like to call themselves, would have came up with something better then this to find REAL facts but like most data they say is all fact, it is NOT.

Just look at how botched up evolutions got

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Another example of what I'm talking about for actions being driven by faith.

Currently, we have the UK catholic dude, Cormac-Murphy, telling catholic MPs to resign if they don't get a free vote against an upcoming bill. If they get a free vote, he wants them to vote against. It's about medical stuff and human embryos.

When these catholic dudes vote against, or resign, can we say it was probably due to their faith? They voted to act in a way that conforms to their faith and faith-based morality.

Was it their faith?

When these few people who have killed abortion doctors acted, were they driven by their faith? Given whammy likes this issue, and he would readily justify his belief abortion is murder because of his faith. It's pretty obvious it was driven by faith, no?

We can even see comparisons between theism and atheism as philosophical concepts. Theism alone can't really drive someone to kill, or act in some way. Theism basically says 'there is a god' or 'there probably is a god' or maybe 'I have a belief in god'. So how does that drive someone's behaviour? It doesn't say you should go to church, or eat fish on friday.

If we add all the faith/religion baggage on top, then, yeah, it can. Such as 'Life is sacred. My bible says murder is bad. Abortion is murder. People who commit murder deserve to die (eye for eye?), and so I will kill abortion doctors, god will like me for that'.

Atheism is similar to theism as being related to one concept, and unlikely to really drive behaviour in itself.

Make sense? Atheism doesn't tell someone to do anything. Doesn't tell you to like abortion or hate abortion. To eat fish on friday, or eat spag boll on friday. To create a workers paradise, or not create a worker paradise.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

well said

Mod Edit-One line posts. Please read.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

I'm not blaming it on atheism but the premise they hold in common, that is the lack of value placed on the life of a human, which following historical precedence, has been to remove the females by whatever means deemed necessary. I know it sounds hysterical but sadly, these are not the ravings of a lunatic but the truth of it - when human life is based on something other than a sacred trust, women get the shaft very quickly (actually, female children do, female fetuses, female infants and even female children, so that eventually the culture is almost totally devoid of women).

What are the odds that in 2 of the most populous nations in the world, female infanticide is out the roof?

what happens when the populations of the other nations reach this same critical level?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted by metatonin
When these few people who have killed abortion doctors acted, were they driven by their faith? Given whammy likes this issue, and he would readily justify his belief abortion is murder because of his faith. It's pretty obvious it was driven by faith, no?

No. Because our faith teaches us to obey Christ first. When Judas ratted out Jesus and the Romans came to collect him. Peter, trying to protect Jesus, grabbed a sword and took a swing at one of the Romans and cut off his ear. Jesus stopped him. Then he put the guys ear back on, healed him. And he told Peter those who live by the sword die by the sword. Then Jesus turned hims;lef over to be crucified. That's what our faith really teaches.

So no it was not his faith. It was his anger.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

its because compared to men women are weaker. And women aren't killed off, history shows, the men die, and the women are kept alive to be raped

bigwhammy the bible also tells you to kill gays, witches, people who work on Sundays etc etc and it says to punish people who hurt pregnant women or their unborn child, AKA abortion doctors and since you can't take legal action and assault solves nothing

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Slavery, Prostitution Effect of China's One-Child Policy
40 million single men in China by 2020

BEIJING, March 9, 2004 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Li Weixiong described the effect of China's 22 year-old one-child policy as "a serious threat to building a well-off society" in a speech today before the country's political consultative conference on population issues.

In what the UK Guardian called "an unusually frank speech," he described the effect that the one-child policy is having upon women, including a "dramatic rise" in levels of prostitution and the buying and selling of women, which he said was "by no means a sensational prediction."

The effect upon men has been disheartening, as indicated by 'singles' want-ads appearing in local newspapers to attract women, highlighting such accoutrements as a "good bathroom."

Less wealthy bachelors are reportedly reverting to brokers who deceive rural women to move into the city through advertisements of phoney job offers.

By the year 2000, the normal 107 boy to 100 girl birth ratio had shifted dramatically to about 117 boys to 100 girls. In rural regions, the disparity can reach levels as high as 130 to 100. Ultrasound detection of fetal sex leading to selective abortion of girls is a contributing factor. Neglect of young girls also contributes to a higher infant and childhood mortality.

"Such serious gender disproportion poses a major threat to the healthy, harmonious and sustainable growth of the nation's population and would trigger such crimes and social problems as abduction of women and prostitution," Li said. His predictions are already reality -- police there freed more than 42,000 kidnapped women and children in 2001 and 2002. Many were believed to be sold for the purpose of prostitution or as slave wives.

Chinese officials say they have no intention of changing the one-child policy -- a measure put in place to ensure the population remains below 1.6 billion until 2050.

www.lifesitenews.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
Who knows what Hitler was,, jeez I see so many letters he wrote that say he wants to destroy all religion and letters that say he is doing Gods work, the guy was a nutjob plane n simple.

I think it's pretty clear he was a theist. Like Stalin, he didn't like religion because of it's organised nature, could easily be an opponent.

But, anyway, that's why I didn't say he was a christian, even though at one point he was.

When I see Science which is something I don't trust that much anyway, poking around in our thoughts and books coming out encouraging people to vent their anger at a specific group of people with a specific tradition or belief, that becomes no different then what happened to blacks. You get enough scientists and a strong lobby together, NOW they would be using politics to margin us out.

But it's not science doing this, con. You could blame it on the influence of some people's atheism. As I say above, atheism is unlikely to drive behaviour in general. But with someone like Dawkins, we can see the link clear enough.

I am a Child abuser. I see the same people ASKING no no,, offering money even on some websites for any dirt they can find on the bible or Christians, THEN I START GETTING TICKED OFF.

But that's just our opinion. It's not law or anything. Just like some of you may think people having abortion are murderers, or the doctors, or whoever.

It's an opinion, con - and you know what they say about them, heh. As for it being child abuse, yeah, in some ways I think it is to scare kids like that. I've talked to enough ex-theists to understand that some did feel that.

It's like I said, if we are all that bad,, then I say

Whatcha gonna do it about it.

- Con

I don't think you are 'all that bad'. I know many people of faith I have a very high regard for, here and in teh non-intertubz.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

thats exactly what I told you, its the one child policy

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Atheism has no premise about life though. Just because we don't say women are sacred doesn't mean we don't value and respect them. My choice to be Atheist has no bearing on how I feel about women, people,or religion, it only applies to my assessment of reality. That's really what religion and atheism is all about, making sense of reality and how it all works. Human nature and human tendencies is an entirely different animal

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Atheists airbrushing History??
You are kidding? Who exactly has written history from the beginning of writing? Seems to me that history is mostly about Kings and their wars. Who made the Kings. I thing there has been a tradition that it was "god" who made the Kings. In Christian times it was the Pope who took over the power to make or break the Kings.
So who was it that wrote history? And not with an airbrush.

Who was it that stigmatized Atheism? I know that for you religionists the mere mention of the word "Atheist"
strikes fear in your heart. I have seen people's reactions. The inhale sharply, stiffen and then turn pink. I do not know why.

I consider myself an Atheist. I do not believe in a god. I see no reason for one. I accept that the Universe is eternal, that it always was and always will be. Nothing is ever created or destroyed, it only changes form, being continuously recycled. .The Universe is pure energy. All is frequency. As Skyfloating says,"Consciousness is all there is". No soul, just consciousness.

Personally I regard relgion as a threat to my own personal freedom. A large part of our present laws are on the books because of religious influence.
I fail to see how the Religionists equate lack of morals with Atheism. You should take note that most of those persons in our prisons profess to be Christians or some other religion. In order to have a peaceful society we do need rules to follow. We do not need to be instilled with irrational frears to make us follow those rules.

Most Atheists likely come to their belief/unbelief by way of education and serious thought. Most of us likely came from a relgious background. I did. It was not god that made me an ardent individualist and a romantic idealist. We learn that we create our own reality. We take the responsibility for our own lives.

To those who are using the "materialism" mantra. Would you like to define "materialism"? You do live in a material world don't you? I see you are enjoying modern "material" technology there with your computer. So what exactly are you talking about?

Darwinism is a ridiculous as religious creation. I don't think scientists can know how old the Earth is and shouldn't be preaching numbers they come up with as fact. I do not think that humans and our domestic plants and animals originated on earth. Under Darwinism this would imply that we evolved to a physically inferior species. Humans have 4000+ heritable defects.The ape family has none. Our domestic animals have as many. Our domestic plants are subject to all sorts of environmental attacks.
Now then if this "god" made us and gave us our animals and food plants, it is evident that he did a very poor job. Maybe that is why he hasn't been around for such a long time.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Another example of what I'm talking about for actions being driven by faith.

Currently, we have the UK catholic dude, Cormac-Murphy, telling catholic MPs to resign if they don't get a free vote against an upcoming bill. If they get a free vote, he wants them to vote against. It's about medical stuff and human embryos.

When these catholic dudes vote against, or resign, can we say it was probably due to their faith? They voted as someone who is seen as a source of their morals to act in a way that conforms to their faith.

Was it their faith?

I'm sorry mel, I don't know anything about that guy but If you have a link I could read about that I would right now to get caught up.

Now you wonder why I get mad when Atheists tell me I am abusing my kids for religion while they don't do a damn thing about it. That’s the difference between us where if Christians see kids getting abused and the law doesn't protect them, some of them have taken it upon themselves to stop it knowing they will go to prison for it. They don't do it because of faith; they do it because they think it is the right thing to do.

It isn't something I would do because I am too selfish and scared to go to prison. I will tell you this though Christians LOVE kids a lot and even those in the womb. We have laws that say if you kill a woman who is pregnant; the murderer gets charged for both. I also don't think it is a woman’s right to choose when I have a stake in that biology whether she carries it or not. Most of these issues however wouldn't even be but a rare occasion if we were not so immoral. It all ends up being dumped on the females most of the time too.

I think Science gets so used to seeing life as medical tissue that they get desensitized about just what it is they are actually doing and treat it as cavalier as flushing a goldfish down the toilet.

It's creepy

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
So no it was not his faith. It was his anger.

And where did the anger come from?

It wasn't because he holds life as sacred, sees abortion as murder, sees murderers as bad, and so killed a doctor he viewed as a murderer, seeing this as righteous behaviour?

The point is you say how you view the bible and jesus etc. The catholics read the same book and bring forth a rather different type of faith. Indeed, Jehovies see it different again. Their faith driving them to refuse blood-transfusions for kids etc, which can lead to their death, but for those naughty secular social rules that take their parental rights away for a time when enacted.

An individual's faith can drive behaviour. Come on, whammy, you lot spend half your time telling us how because of the bible you're all super-moral people. It must have some impact. The problem is that different people read different things into that 'rorschach' blot book of yours.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

You didn't read the link I posted 2 pages ago. It talks all about the one child policy. I already knew this. That's my point. The government already knew their culture was patriarchal and that they preferred male children, and they still insisted on the policy. They turned a blind eye for years, while women flocked in droves to government abortion clinics to have sex selective abortions (almost exclusively female). The surrounding nations are based on the same concepts. We just don't hear about their numbers as much as India's and China's.

Ah well, I'm tired of repeating myself.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The alternative is a country over run with overpopulation, poverty and starvation. The government doesn't want it this way, but compared to the WHOLE COUNTRY going to hell, this is the lesser of two evils. And like you said, its the WOMEN who go to the abortion clinic, even in China you can't have an abortion against your will

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join