It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
reply to post by Conspiriology

give you all the evidence? I don't have that much time. Go to a museum, read a book on the subject. But since I know your the kind of person who spases out "OH YOU WON'T SHOW ME EVIDENCE CAUSE YOU HAVE NONE" I'll put this out. Micro-evolution is fact. If through micro-evolution your kid changes by 0.00001%, and his kid changes again by 0.00001%, over millions of years it becomes a very large percentage. Watch Micro vs. Macro Evolution on youtube

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Damien_Hell]

The problem with that theory is by the time those little itty bitty changes take place the environment isn't the same anymore and the changes have to change directions. it is speculation to think they could happen but given enough time given enough time given enough time yeah yeah given enough time elvis will come back too

The old entropy ain't what it used to be ain't what it used to ain't what it used to be lol
- Con

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Environmental changes take HUNDREDS of millions of years, evolution only takes millions. (current environmental changes are going fast because of how much crap humans are dumping into the atmosphere)

[Mod Note: Removed quote
Quoting the post immediately before yours: This makes no sense, and quoting the entire previous post above yours will result in a slight warning.]

Please Review this link Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

[edit on 23/3/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Environmental changes take HUNDREDS of millions of years.

I have some issues with that statement. The middle East used to be somewhat of a 'tropical oasis' several thousand years ago. The fertile crescent? Ancient Egypt? Ancient Babylon? Pretty much all desert now for the most part. That's just one example in one area. It didn't take 'HUNDREDS of millions of years.' Other areas have also changed and are changing before our very eyes.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

thats desertification its different and can happen very quickly through sudden changes, such as large river being cut off and for places changing now, thats because of global climate change, we did that

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
I noticed how carefully he defined Atheism to avoid taking responsibility for what that view entails. That is just the "airbrushing" in advance...

I wonder though just what is your definition of atheism? You obviously don't subscribe to the accepted definition of Atheism, and yet you have failed to give us one your feel confident in, why? Personally I am an agnostic with Atheist tendencies, meaning I highly doubt the existence of a god or gods, but I believe that somewhere out in the vastness of space there is the answer to life on this planet...

Dawkins pointed out something in that video you posted that I found interesting (and I will agree with him on this point at least, though I will admit I don't agree with a lot of what he says). If there is a god, and he created us... just who created him? He had to come from somewhere, was he to created by another god even more powerful than he is? And if there is a being greater and more powerful than god, then shouldn't we worship them or maybe their creators instead of the lesser one we currently do? Or perhaps god just come into existence with the beginning of the universe? And if that's the case, is it so unreasonable to believe that we couldn't also have come into existence in much the same manner (i.e. with no outside help)?

You want someone to claim responsibility for Atheist crimes... well fine I will admit that that many Atheists have killed over the centuries, countless in fact. Yet you never hear of a person killing for Atheism, why is that? In the age we currently live in, where news can travel the globe in a matter or minutes, why is there no report of Atheists killing for the sake of Atheism in general? Yet we constantly hear about killing for a religion or in the name of a god. Why, because when an Atheist kills, he or she kills because they want to, they feel the uncontrollable need to do harm on another person, not because anyone else tells them to, but because they want to do it themselves. This is not the same thing as killing in the name of a god. When one kills in the name of a god, they tend to be influenced by not only their church and or religion (as the case may be) but also by those around them, and to a certain extent they are supported for their actions.

One final question to everyone who claims to hold religion close to their hearts, what make you so certain that yours is the right religion to follow? There is literally hundreds if not thousands of different religions all across this world. Some are based off of a common theme with minor differences thrown into the mix, while others are vastly different, with little to no common ground. So with all these choices what makes you think that your religion is the right one?

Meh just my two cents on the topic.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just responding to this one by request then I have got to get going.

Originally posted by Gigatronix
You know what the REAL conspiracy is? That media, ATheist PR and religious PR is doing a fine job of turning us all against eachother.

I do agree with this. The media seems horribly biased in many areas. It's pretty difficult to know who to believe these days so the best rule of thumb is to read or listen to a story and try to take out the spin. Look at the facts, take out the opinion/commentary, and there you will have it.

Why is it so hard to wrap your brains around the concept that PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. Not religions, not lack of religions, evil stupid people!

I agree. People are the scum who is responsible. However, we also know it has something to do with 'powers and principalities.' The thing is, as Christians, we're supposed to realize it is a spiritual battle and not a physical one. Therefore, it requires spiritual discernment on our end. And I know you are not a Christian, Gig. Just giving you our perspective.

I see some really smart people around here falling prey to time honored tradition of "I'm right, you're wrong, and I will not rest until you accept it"

This drives me nuts as well. Although people will believe what they believe is correct (why believe it if you felt it was wrong), the mentality you speak of is irritating as all get out.

There is no right religion, there is no right UN-religion, all there is matters of personal preference and internal spirituality.

I disagree, obviously.

Yes, there are people on both sides that would like to destroy the other side. Guess what, there are people that wnat to destroy you for other equally absurd reasons! Get over it! Nobody can stop you from praying in your home, nobody can stop you from un-believing!

I agree wholeheartedly. No matter what they do, it is within us. I think what some are worried about is the shift that appears to be taking place with the secularization. It think Con was working on something (not sure if he is going to go through with it or not) but he dug up some stuff about how atheist radicals are now claiming religion people have a mental disorder and something wrong with our brains. Not to be melodramatic but it does seem awfully 'Hitleresque' and a scary starting point.

I'll try to respond to the rest later, Gig. I need to be somewhere but will try either later tonight or tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

thats desertification its different and can happen very quickly through sudden changes, such as large river being cut off and for places changing now, thats because of global climate change, we did that

Desertification is different? As in, you don't think it qualifies as an environmental change? Why? Because it blows your argument? Sure, deforestation like the rain forests is sudden and often caused by man (at least in modern times) but to say, 'Oh, the A.N.E. desertification doesn't count' is silly. The environment does change and it changes all the time. Deserts form, rivers dry, oceans rise, warming, cooling, humidity, aridness, etc. Gradual? Yes. Hundreds of millions of years? Not necessarily.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

As regarding tropical mesopotamia! Oh yeah! Definitely. The whole area around Eridu was irrigated by a complicated canal system that was even found in Gilgamesh's city of Uruk! These guys are just heavily into denial, which is a normal human response! We can't be mad at 'em because we ain't no better but perhaps we can get one or two of them to actually look at the evidence!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Desertification is different? As in, you don't think it qualifies as an environmental change? Why? Because it blows your argument?

no because it doesn't take as long as other severe environmental changes

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

no because it doesn't take as long as other severe environmental changes.

Ah ok. Typical fundamental evolutionist. Let's just toss out the evidence that doesn't fit our preconceived ideologies.

Take care. Alice is excusing herself from the tea party.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
More images

Ubaid culture, about 4500 BC
From Ur, southern Iraq

A 'lizard' figurine

Leonard Woolley found this figure, along with a few bones and a clay vessel, in a poorly preserved grave within the cemetery at Ur. It is typical of other figures, generally from graves, found at Ur and the nearby site of Eridu

check out the baby's head and eye
www.britishmuseum.org...

and another
www.britishmuseum.org...

none of the pre Black Sea Flood statues are human. the applied clay pellets, lines and dots are scales.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think of this discussion as a group of kids who climb into a sandbox to play together with toys they find there. Each is encouraged to see the merits of his toy as superior. As a result the playgroup becomes polarised as allegiances develop. Red toys rule but blue toys are aggrieved by the conspiracy of white while purple feels marginalised. and brown throws sand in frustration of not being heard.

Aren't all these issues of atheism, deism, religious christianity mere tools of the same strategy by the person who established the sandbox? Is it not intended to occupy the minds of men so they do not notice the subtle process redeveloping the playground?

Should we remember who we were before we climbed into the sandbox or must we grow up to maintain the stereotypes we were encouraged to develop in the sandbox until the world becomes our sandbox of division to occupy our energies while the walls of our prison continue to be built around us?

Thesis + antiThesis = Synthesis ?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

....what? Any environmentalist can tell you desertification can happen very quickly

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wytworm
Macro-evolution is not.

It is 'scientifically proven' (i.e. supported by evidence). google (teh bestest) '29+ evidences', then when you've consumed and digested, you can write up a scientific paper and show all those silly 'evolutionists' why they are wrong.

Is this thread even worth the bandwidth? Can't the tag-team make another one. Here, try this:

"evil communistic darwinian atheists: they ate my baby, but first they made me abort it'.

Spend a few days researching it, should be a cracker. Canardtastic.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

people are trying their darndest to explain what they are thinking and why.
you know the folks who wash the floors you walk on, and fix the roads you drive on, and take care of you in the hospital? You know THOSE people? They don't deserve your honest application of logic and understanding? just your "i'm superior because i'm an atheist" attitude? do you go to the restaurant and ask if your waiter is a christian before you allow the individual to serve you? Maybe you're sitting on a chair made by a christian and a muslim! Egads, take it outside and ritually sacrifice it.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

what are you smoking?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Only Trolls come up with a reply like that

Shooting the messenger?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to Egads, take it outside and ritually sacrifice it.

Yeah, your best contribution has been to suggest that atheists will wipe out women, then I think it turned to no more men.

Sad. Very sad.

And you all wonder why people like Dawkins see faith as a sign of potential brain rot.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

Pardon?

Is this an answer to the questions i presented?
Would you ask your nurse this question? Hey, before you inject me with those coc aine flakes, could i ask you a few questions? Like, are you a christian and what is it you people are smoking, anyway?

Just answer the questions. Look at the evidence. Don't act like I'm an idiot, cause you know I'm not.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

in every culture where human life is not considered sacred, women are the first to go. and history proves this.

put your intellect where your fingers are
and go here:
www.gendercide.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join