It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
it's possible we came from black people. Or just some basic human DNA that adapted. Or from different planets in which the people adapted thousands of years ago, and were brought here as slaves.

In fact, the sumerian-akkadian texts refer to Enlil's people as the "black-headed people." Doesn't mention monkeys, though.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

because they're were no half human/ half monkeys back then, they were full humans. Homo Sapiens (full humans) are at least 200,000 years old, theres no writings from back then

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell

LOL theres a reason you've been called an idiot. Homo Sapiens are only 200,000 years old (ish) and no human has lived for millions of years

By the way smart guy,, just let me ask

are you a scientist?
Are you?

Oh I see you can't answer without asking a question. Ill take that as a NO

You want to substantiate all your monosyllabic diatribe with some proof now?

I'd appreciate it.

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i understand the concept of adaptation leading to speciation but as I mentioned before, you can take an animal, like a deer, and introduce it into a different climate and it will become the same deer as the indigenous deer but not a raccoon. You see what I'm saying? It takes only 1 deer for all the variations on deer, as the environment determines how that DEER will act and appear. But it doesn't make the deer something other than a deer. See what I mean?

No. The deer won't change to suit its environment, that dear will never change. Its children, grand-children, etc etc won't evolve directly to suit the environment either. What will happen is natural evolution but the ones that evolve best to suit the environment will prosper. The ones who don't will die off

Originally posted by Localjoe3
When you start studying Music and Math some things become very clear that there is a natural order to life and at one point someone or something (divine creator) Set this order to our universe. Only time will tell but alterations have been made in every generation for monetary regard as to please the people feeding them ............ "Views of the Church"

That whole idea shows you have no idea how the brain or psychology works.

Sorry. My assumption was the two herds would interbreed.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

Oh now you're really getting into my area of study.

It's my contention that there were no humans on this planet prior to 4000 BC. The earliest artifacts support this.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

give you all the evidence? I don't have that much time. Go to a museum, read a book on the subject. But since I know your the kind of person who spases out "OH YOU WON'T SHOW ME EVIDENCE CAUSE YOU HAVE NONE" I'll put this out. Micro-evolution is fact. If through micro-evolution your kid changes by 0.00001%, and his kid changes again by 0.00001%, over millions of years it becomes a very large percentage. Watch Micro vs. Macro Evolution on youtube

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

because they're were no half human/ half monkeys back then, they were full humans. Homo Sapiens (full humans) are at least 200,000 years old, theres no writings from back then

Their never were any either Nope not ever

like to see some proof of that

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I would agree with this but for the observation that "facts" have often become "fictions." So they were never facts to begin with, merely promoted to be facts by men capable of doing so.

I agree. This is the special challenge of our times.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by wytworm]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I can provide visual evidence that prior to 3999 BC, life on this planet was something other than human.
Not cave men, but bipedal, upright, intelligent,
reptiles.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

give you all the evidence? I don't have that much time. Go to a museum, read a book on the subject

Then I suggest if you engage in debates like this you do it when you have more time otherwise its all BS''

- CON

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff. So we possibly have some historical revision taking place in things like:

Claiming Jesus Christ never existed and all sorts of propaganda videos like Zeitgeist and The God Who Wasn't There.

Claiming the founders of America were Anti Christian.

Claiming atrocities committed under atheistic states were really done for other odd and end political reasons. We'll just ignore all the churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, and religions/religionists that were specifically targeted.

Claiming our origins trace back to single celled organisms.

Seems like a whole lot of history rewriting is taking place.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

I can provide visual evidence that prior to 3999 BC, life on this planet was something other than human.
Not cave men, but bipedal, upright, intelligent,
reptiles.

interesting undo,, and yes I would very much like to see what you got

thanks

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

reply to post by undo

Their never were any either Nope not ever

like to see some proof of that

- Con

Well going against what any anthropologist in the world will tell you, I'm done here, you clearly have no idea what your talking about, and read my last post, I edited it (and completely called you out)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
You know what the REAL conspiracy is? That media, ATheist PR and religious PR is doing a fine job of turning us all against eachother. Why is it so hard to wrap your brains around the concept that PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. Not religions, not lack of religions, evil stupid people! I see some really smart people around here falling prey to time honored tradition of "I'm right, you're wrong, and I will not rest until you accept it" There is no right religion, there is no right UN-religion, all there is matters of personal preference and internal spirituality. Yes, there are people on both sides that would like to destroy the other side. Guess what, there are people that wnat to destroy you for other equally absurd reasons! Get over it! Nobody can stop you from praying in your home, nobody can stop you from un-believing!

As an Atheist, I don't go around telling Christians that they're wrong about anything, and I know plenty of Christians that don't bother to tell me that I am wrong. Why? Because we have tolerance, respect, and understanding. People stop trying to shove your beliefs down someone elses throat, if you hate people doing it to you, don't do it to people. SIMPLE.

The conspiracy here is that media and your own self-serving "leaders" on both sides are turning you against each other, when the real threat has nothing to do with what you're fighting about. I'll spell it out nice and simple so there's no confusion.

Religion= Harmless

Atheism=Harmless

Mankind subscribing to either=HArmless

Mankind using either as a vehicle to further his greedy,ignorant,fearful agenda= SERIOUS PROBLEM.A THREAT TO EVERYTHING WE KNOW AND LOVE. THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

Now stop squabbling people, and start uniting to fight the real threat to all of us.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

I think you have little understanding and are probably a good customer

The ratios that i spoke of have been used thought history because they were pleasing to the eye.. And as far as the money thing ever notice how the church will change its views on current topics sometimes important sometimes not , tell me that doe sent affect the money at collection.... or the second collection if you've been to catholic church you will know what this means.

Aliens came in different forms through out history and gave us religion they used it as a construct to give us basic tech and VALUES take the ten commandments for instance. Good set of values.

Most all major religions started out with good morals and teachings they later became money taking organizations.. how they became corrupted was at the hand man himself. As always.

I do believe in a god so to say something had to set the universal laws and the order of the things but it sure wasn't god as we know it or ET for that matter. Id have to also infer that since were here there must be a simple purpose to at least keep ourselves here and that leads me to how your actions and everyones affect the flow of life. Each change affects another and another ad infinitum

The only possible way to keep a seeding race on a positive path would be to give them religion wich would guide them to wholesome living with themselves and nature. As time went on it would soon become appearent that things taht god commanded he really didint it was just science.. we have seen this time and again in our history. Yet the one thing that rings true about god is Bad things come to bad people.. Live a good live do good to others be nice help.. these things will lead your outcome in a positive direction it may even sway others to that direction .. The whole point is there is no control that can ever be acheieved other than ourselves.. we have to be GOOD HUMANS TO ONE ANOTHER AND NATURE or our paths will sway negative.

Only possible logic I can come to after looking at religion and science and saying.. how else?

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Localjoe3]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I saw that on Land of the Lost but then it turned out they were in the future not the past! :-)

video.google.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Fascinating stuff. So we possibly have some historical revision taking place in things like:

Claiming Jesus Christ never existed and all sorts of propaganda videos like Zeitgeist and The God Who Wasn't There.

Claiming the founders of America were Anti Christian.

Claiming atrocities committed under atheistic states were really done for other odd and end political reasons. We'll just ignore all the churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, and religions/religionists that were specifically targeted.

Claiming our origins trace back to single celled organisms.

Seems like a whole lot of history rewriting is taking place.

Oh it was politics was it LOL yeah that may have been HOW it was done but WHO it was done by is what matters and who it was done by was Atheist's who started out by doing all the things you listed above and they are trying to do it all over again.

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Right on!

[Mod Note: removed quote]

Mod Note : Warnings for one-line or short responses - Please Review This Link.
One Line or less Responses or "me too" atta-boy comments contribute nothing to the discussion. These include rows of smilies, "you're wrong", or other similar short responses.

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Too many and too large quotes hampers the readability of our busy and populated message threads. Also, it adds unnecessary file size to the download of a thread page for members who are browsing ATS on modems (not everyone is on broadband, we're a very diverse global community).

[edit on 23/3/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
You know what the REAL conspiracy is? That media, ATheist PR and religious PR is doing a fine job of turning us all against eachother. Why is it so hard to wrap your brains around the concept that PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. Not religions, not lack of religions, evil stupid people! I see some really smart people around here falling prey to time honored tradition of "I'm right, you're wrong, and I will not rest until you accept it" There is no right religion, there is no right UN-religion, all there is matters of personal preference and internal spirituality. Yes, there are people on both sides that would like to destroy the other side. Guess what, there are people that wnat to destroy you for other equally absurd reasons! Get over it! Nobody can stop you from praying in your home, nobody can stop you from un-believing!

As an Atheist, I don't go around telling Christians that they're wrong about anything, and I know plenty of Christians that don't bother to tell me that I am wrong. Why? Because we have tolerance, respect, and understanding. People stop trying to shove your beliefs down someone elses throat, if you hate people doing it to you, don't do it to people. SIMPLE.

The conspiracy here is that media and your own self-serving "leaders" on both sides are turning you against each other, when the real threat has nothing to do with what you're fighting about. I'll spell it out nice and simple so there's no confusion.

Religion= Harmless

Atheism=Harmless

Mankind subscribing to either=HArmless

Mankind using either as a vehicle to further his greedy,ignorant,fearful agenda= SERIOUS PROBLEM.A THREAT TO EVERYTHING WE KNOW AND LOVE. THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

Now stop squabbling people, and start uniting to fight the real threat to all of us.

I gig,, did you get my u2u? you are so smart and ya know this topic got really pumped up so fast I can't even tell where it went. Seems like it went to aliens and all kinds of weird things.

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the opportunity!

• provenience: Eridu

• dimension(s) (in cm):
height: 14

• material: clay (baked)

• date: ca. 4000 BC

• description:
terracotta, nude male, with 'lizard-shaped' face and pointed head (hair piece?), holding stick in his left hand; shoulders decorated with applied clay pellets

Front
oi.uchicago.edu...
Side
oi.uchicago.edu...

• provenience: Ur

• dimension(s) (in cm):

• description:
terracotta figurine with 'lizard-shaped' face, nude, female, breast-feeding infant; shoulders and upper arms decorated with applied clay pellets; hair piece added, made of bitumen

Front
oi.uchicago.edu...
Side
oi.uchicago.edu...

• provenience: Ur

• dimension(s) (in cm):

• description:
terracotta figurine with 'lizard-shaped' face, nude, female; shoulders and upper arms decorated with applied clay pellets; hair piece added, made of bitumen; Late Ubaid to early Uruk period

Front
oi.uchicago.edu...
Side
oi.uchicago.edu...

Dynasty 00, Abydos, Egypt
www.thestargates.com...

more later!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join