It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Air Brushing History?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

he was home, he was just at work at the time.
mom was with me in the same room but she had advanced
alzheimers and couldn't have expressed if it effected her even
if it had.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I still would like to hear their opinion. Just because I'm not a believer doesn't mean I can't listen honestly to what people have to say. I'm open to anything, just give me a try. Not promising I wont critically dissect it though hehe.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
reply to post by Bigwhammy

I never said that believing that god killed children made you violent, I saw the root of all evil, the part I agreed with was the indoctrination of children

So who gets to define what is OK for me to teach my children? Richard Dawkins, who is on his fourth wife or whatever?

After all we're just mammals- Lets do it like they do it on discovery channel

This Darwinian view of human life as "just mammals" is why we have so many broken homes. Kids in daycare instead of home with their mom.

I'd rather have my kids fear the Lord, than live like wild animals. Biblical principals make strong families if applied.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

yep, whammy. there was one of those huge golf ball shaped white radar domes across the street from our house. the neighborhood was probably too close to it because since then they have torn it down.

i'm theorizing that i somehow was beamed up there via the dome. i know, sounds wacky, but it's the only thing that matches all the criteria. location, physical sensation, what i saw/heard/felt, what the kids felt.

the entire event was just about 4 seconds long.

Damn that is really interesting. umm with all due respect undo,, I don't know if you were "beamed" anywhere, but I know the woman that lived near the military base had one them golf ball shaped things right behind their house.

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
I wrote the OP so maybe I have a clue... thanks for the pointer though. In the OP I stated atheists continually throw up killing in the name of religion. Dawkins claiming faith is the root of all evil. That is having a problem with what I believe; is it not?

and within several posts of the OP you were shown that Dawkins doesn't claim that faith is the root of all evil.

But it still hasn't registered.

This Darwinian view of human life as "just mammals" is why we have so many broken homes. Kids in daycare instead of home with their mom.

I'd rather have my kids fear the Lord, than live like wild animals. Biblical principals make strong families if applied.

Not fearing the lord doesn't lead us to be 'wild animals'. I'm pretty civilised actually. I don't think they do make stronger families. I'm sure there's data showing that things like abortion and divorce are just as common in bible states as elsewhere.

'Darwinian' view of human life says nothing about women working instead of staying at home and being housewives. If you want to find out why so many people need to have both parents in paid employment, you might need to look to socio-economic factors.

And we are mammals. That's a biological fact. Whether we are just mammals is for us to decide.

[edit on 23-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Darwin probably put on a show of belief for the oldest reason known to man. He didn’t want to offend his wife, Emma, who was a Christian woman. Emma married Charles in 1839, and shortly afterwards discovered his unbelief. She wrote to Charles revealing how dismayed she was, and expressed how unhappy she would be if Charles didn’t belong to her for all eternity.(1) In Darwin’s Autobiography he states, “This very old argument from the existence of suffering against the existence of an intelligent first cause seems to me a strong one; whereas, as just remarked, the presence of much suffering agrees well with the view that all organic beings have been developed through variation and natural selection.” (p 90) I shall demonstrate this belief in suffering outweighing a loving God creeps its way into philosophy and politics to become the greatest vehicle for human suffering the world has ever known. I believe it is indeed fair, to infer a strong connection between Atheism and Darwinism.

Well you have clearly demonstated an almost total lack of understanding of the issues involved, may go some way in explaining the origins of your position. Darwin, absolutely renounced his religion. END OF STORY, and while we are at it Einstein was a devout atheist.

Communism is a form of milenarianism, or utopianism. Got it. NOt a hard one to get. To consider that social engineering in any way is related to a rejection of religion, or a theoretical postulation for the evolution of species is utter clap trap.

I find it more and more bizzare the irrational connections deluded religious sufferers will put forward to justify their mania.

Further if you just want to stick to the "isssues" you have raised, then religion has been at the epicentre of war and murder for over 3 thousand years and then some. incas, mayans, ancient greek sacrifices etc are all included - religion - then the numebrs are beyond comprehension.

Nazism alone (yes this was a religion) should be enough to leave off labouring over such a ridiculous point, one clearly and universally accepted as organised religions darkest corner.

Religion is part of man, atheist man created religion, I am not going to run away from that reality - how about you stop running away from the reality that religion is the epicentre of the darkest hours of human history.

Deal with it.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

And it has been suggested that atheism is the root of evil, and how many people have been killed in atheisms name, which sounds like you have a problem with what WE believe.

Actually, I do have a problem with what you believe --- more like what you don't believe. It causes sin and death. However if you stay out of my business I will leave you alone.

You know what. I hate to say it but : Atheism is the root of all evil.

Because my defintion of evil is "without God"

See there is no such thing as cold. But there is such a thing as heat.
Heat is energy you can add it infinitely. But cold is not a thing. Cold is the absence of heat. At zero degrees Kelvin it never gets colder.

God is love
Evil is the absence of Love
Evil is the absence of God.

A world without God is Evil.
QED

[edit on 3/23/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix

I still would like to hear their opinion. Just because I'm not a believer doesn't mean I can't listen honestly to what people have to say. I'm open to anything, just give me a try. Not promising I wont critically dissect it though hehe.

Well,, I am a real conservative presbyterian but I like to go to pentacostal black churchs because they know how to have fun LOL. But depending on that can make a big difference. This is getting into the area of spiritual things that I really rather not talk about with not just Atheists but most people in general that are as they say "spirit filled" I am certain AshleyS would know what I am talking about even whammy but it gets scoffed at by most people. It is spoken of in detail in the Bible and it is called (gulp) *sigh* here goes,, "The Holy Spirit".

It is that symbiotic blood flesh relationship between you and the spirit of God. When genuinely ask for this as prescribed in the bible, you know it when it happens. The more you are communicating with it (no its not like schizophrenia) you are better able to discern spiritual things.

The presence of it is so real to a Christian that it is the only explantion for why any would go to their death if given a choice between dying or renouncing the lord. They don't fear death after that because they are sure as I am sitting here sharing a seat with my butt that God is real.

Now, regardless of what you might be thinking, I am lucid and I don't think I am a fool but that is why Christians have such a problem with the scientific method.

Their I said it.

- Con
PS; Gig you might be interested in this conversation between these people , It is one of the most civilized most rational discussions like this I have seen, I wish I saw more like it www.uncommondescent.com...

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

END OF STORY, and while we are at it Einstein was a devout atheist.

Communism is a form of milenarianism, or utopianism. Got it. NOt a hard one to get. To consider that social engineering in any way is related to a rejection of religion, or a theoretical postulation for the evolution of species is utter clap trap.

I find it more and more bizzare the irrational connections deluded religious sufferers will put forward to justify their mania.

Further if you just want to stick to the "isssues" you have raised, then religion has been at the epicentre of war and murder for over 3 thousand years and then some. incas, mayans, ancient greek sacrifices etc are all included - religion - then the numebrs are beyond comprehension.

Nazism alone (yes this was a religion) should be enough to leave off labouring over such a ridiculous point, one clearly and universally accepted as organised religions darkest corner.

Religion is part of man, atheist man created religion, I am not going to run away from that reality - how about you stop running away from the reality that religion is the epicentre of the darkest hours of human history.

Deal with it.

Audacity,, umm did the bag say "Paint Chips"?

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Well you have clearly demonstated an almost total lack of understanding of the issues involved, may go some way in explaining the origins of your position. Darwin, absolutely renounced his religion. END OF STORY, and while we are at it Einstein was a devout atheist.

I don't think you realize how dumb what you just said is. I was trying to argue Darwin renounced his faith that was my purpose. I am glad you agree. You help my case. All the other atheists are trying to argue Darwin believed n God. I quoted Darwin's autobiography, where is your source? Oh it must be you butt. Guess what Einstein doesn't like what you said.

In the view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognise, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support for such views. (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, p. 214)

What separates me from most so-called atheists is a feeling of utter humility toward the unattainable secrets of the harmony of the cosmos. (Albert Einstein to Joseph Lewis, Apr. 18, 1953)

I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know his thoughts. The rest are details. (The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press, 2000 p.202)

Einstein

Let's see I quoted Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels for my information on communism. What is your source again? Oh yeah your butt, that's right.

Get it? NOt a hard one to get.

Spell much?
I can't even read that foamed mouth hate drivel.

Atheist man created religion?
I think reality left the building for you long ago son.

Deal with it.

I just did.

[edit on 3/23/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Atheist man created religion?
I think reality left the building for you long ago son.

You could have at least waited till we found out whether or not it was fro the paint chips before blaming it on his ignorance. lol

Least he would have had a better excuse for all that then simply being a boorish arrogant snot.

-Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Did you even read the plethora of information I posted a few pages back? I guess not because reading takes intelligence and it's quite lengthy so it takes patience too. Both are needed to post intelligently. Maybe read the entire thread? Hmmmm...too much trouble?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

So who gets to define what is OK for me to teach my children? Richard Dawkins, who is on his fourth wife or whatever?

After all we're just mammals- Lets do it like they do it on discovery channel

Well I would rather have my kid raised by me and not god. If your a good parent theres no need to threaten your child, which religion does. And equal rights is why we have kids in daycare, if women didn't work, they would be home with the kids

Atheist man created religion? I think reality left the building for you long ago son.

So who created religion? Couldn't have been a theist. The first humans were Atheists, because they didn't believe in a god

[edit on 23-3-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Well,, I am a real conservative presbyterian but I like to go to pentacostal black churchs because they know how to have fun LOL. But depending on that can make a big difference.

Me toooo!!! Well not the conservative pres. part, because I'm non-denominational now, but as close to pres as you can get. Yeah, those black churches rock! I love em!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

Where in the world did you get that the first humans were atheists? Which first humans are you talking about? The ones deposited by aliens or the ones created by God? Can you give me a link to that information?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

The ones that evolved from apes. Aliens? Link the information? Religion hasn't always existed, therefore the first people were Atheists

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If your a good parent theres no need to threaten your child, which religion does.

No "People" do that, and they don't need you giving them the excuse for it but I can see why you would think Religion would make a good one!

And equal rights is why we have kids in daycare, if women didn't work, they would be home with the kids

Whats wrong with that?

Well I would rather have my kid raised by me and not god.

Why,, did he do something wrong the last time he babysat your kids?

The first humans were Atheists, because they didn't believe in a god

They were? is that what the fossil record told you?

- Con

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

Well I would rather have my kid raised by me and not god. If your a good parent theres no need to threaten your child, which religion does.

But I am not calling your way of raising your kid "child abuse". Which is what Radical Atheist Extremists like Richard Dawkins are saying. They are selling that view in books and putting it on TV. So we are reacting to a direct threat to our way of life. My quarrel is not with Atheists who are minding there own business.

And equal rights is why we have kids in daycare, if women didn't work, they would be home with the kids

Well you can say it's because of equal rights, it's no so much the rights... a woman can have the right to work and still choose to stay home and care for her children. The real issue is closer to the fact a lot of (NOT ALL) people are so greedy for money and material goods they sacrifice there children to have two incomes. You could have a smaller house and a dodge instead of a BMW and then you wouldn't need two incomes.

Look I know some people need two incomes just two survive. And day care is not inherently evil. BUT I think it is the reason kids are disenchanted and we are seeing more violence etc. the break down of the family direly procced the break down of civilization.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Whats wrong with that?

He was blaming Atheism

Why,, did he do something wrong the last time he babysat your kids?

No it just makes you a bad parent

They were? is that what the fossil record told you?

The first humans couldn't have been theists, they weren't smart enough to think up a god, therefore they didn't believe in one, therefore they were Atheists

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by idle_rocker

The ones that evolved from apes. Aliens? Link the information? Religion hasn't always existed, therefore the first people were Atheists

Oh right, those people...the Ape People. Didn't they die out with the last ice age along with the dinosaurs? (oh, pardon me, there might be unwritten history there). I still want to know where you're getting no religion by the first humans. First writings by humans speak of pantheism and other sorts of religion, which are still all religions. If you're speaking of evolution...you're in the wrong thread. There's one on ATS for that too. You'll find it quite interesting as much of evolution (the kind you're calling it) has been debunked in that thread.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join