It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All kids 'must' get flu vaccine: Fed Panel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Like others, I had received my 1st and last flu shot a few years ago.

I had taken an adverse reaction to it, within 15-20 mins of the nurse injecting me with it.

What happend:
* My blood pressure hit the roof.
* Faint - the feeling as though I was going to pass out. I was sitting in a chair, and 'went down on all fours'.
* My face color was very palid - almost pastey, then turned 'beet red' aftwards.
* Breathing was shallow; fighting for my breath, thinking I was going to pass out.
* Hands got very shakey; numb and tingley.

The nurse gave me something (orally) to 'counter' these symtoms, she said I was having an 'allergic' reaction. What the hell??!?!? I mentioned to her, that I wasn't allergic to anything in my life. Nadda.

Nice eh? Pffffft

I've been sick with the flu many times in my life, and lately, it seems that these flu sessions aren't lasting as long, compared to when I was younger.

You'd think that as you get older, the opposite would hold true. That, the more we age, the more 'wear n' tear' on our bodies, would lower our immune systems. Anyhoo...

You know...I was thinking along the lines of the OP, regarding 'unforseen' stuffs that could litterally go unnoticed if injected into our bloodstream. Nanyte technology could 'piggyback' off a 'flu shot', and be released into our bodies.

I don't think that would be a 'far-fetched' idea at all.

Unnerving, to say the least.

So now...officials have stepped it up a notch or two, and are forcing our children to get these shots?

Hmmmm....

~Ducky~

[edit on 29-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Pale, the info is there if you want it, I take a daily cocktail of drugs and each one comes with an advice sheet, they warn of side effects, who should or should not take them etc. Its then a choice if you take those drugs or not, you do so on the advice and experience of a medical proffessional.

If people are genuinely concerned about any vacs then they can voice those concerns to the appropriate authorities. One has to seperate paranoia and common sense on this matter.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

You keep comparing the flu to things like "half of the kids in the school dying of a mysterious illness" and AIDS...for god's sake its the F L U!!! Yes, people have and will die from it. Generally people with weakened immune systems, which pretty much the common cold can wreak havoc with these same people.

The hysteria the govt and people are invoking over this is ridiculous. Did you get a flu shot when you were a kid? Did anyone in your family, circle of friends, your school?? NO! Why, because society wasn't as much of an antibiotic crazed, DON'T eat that candy it fell on the floor, society back then.

Parents keep taking their kids to the doctor for every little sniffle, constantly shovelling antibiotics into their systems and then wondering why Junior can't fight off the flu. It's because his immune system never had a chance to build up to fight off these normal, common illnesses. And as we shovel more and more medicine into ourselves and our kids, we also wonder why these illnesses are mutating into something more deadly.

IF my child had AIDS, I'd give him medicine. IF my child had cancer, I'd get him treatment. IF my child has the flu...I'll give him hugs, kisses, water and rest...just as I, my parents and my grandparents have done.

P.S. On top of being a bad parent for not getting my kids the flu shot...I *GASP* will let them eat stuff that fell on the floor

Michelle

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What is in the flu shot?
formaldahyde
mercury
ether
raw eggs
attenuated virus
detergent
There has been no studies done in the effectiveness of these shots,and every year you hear of mistakes being made after 100,000 people have already recieved the shots(kind of late). If you recieved the shot and it is not attenuated enough you just got a worse case than if you had gotten it naturally.
I am tired of the government forcing us to do things we don't want to. I know it is a suggestion now but so was the seat belt law at first. Just look at the cases in Maryland where parents were facing jail time for not having their kids innoculated.
Freedom is a perception, we percieve coming and going at will as freedom.
But how free are we ?Try going to the store without your seatbelt on.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hanyak69

What is in the flu shot?
formaldahyde, mercury, ether, raw eggs, attenuated virus, detergent

Holy crap!

If that's the case...no wonder my body was going thru the death thrawls.

Check my supposed allergic reaction a few posts up

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Mich keep your knickers on, so according to you we dont need medicine, just hugs and kisses, well yes that may have a short term effect but hardly practicle. And you invite your children to eat food off the floor, well I must say I find that disgusting and rather primitive but each to their own as they say.

Whilst one can argue the overuse or dependency of drugs their life enhancing effects cannot be overlooked. One has a choice in these matters and if the Goverment even made such vacs mandatory you can still refuse them you just have to pay the price for that refusal.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If you think this is scary, just wait until President Obama institutes "universal health-care."

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Im glad my mom is a OR RN, she keeps me informed about these things, and said we dont need to take these unless our kids an myself have had serious problems with the flu before, she said the the risks of these should only be weight if you are of high risk to have a deadly flu, its not that the flu is deadly its that the people some of them cannot battle it for whatever reason,

there have been studies that these vacs and other major ones you have to get, have caused autism and other mtnal problems. not to mention no everyone has had allergy problems when they were young like myself an get that 450 shots on a board test. im allergic to many basic things but its when i have them inside my body is when they cause their havoc.

just make a educated decision base on your history an you will be find.
and actually hugss and kisses are being found out to help prolong liffe, cure certain stress related illnesses, an can help boost your immune system just by having someone treat you positivly.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

LOL. It's become obvious that exaggeration is your style

I never stated that we didnt' need any kind of medicine. I just don't believe we need medicine for common everyday illnesses, such as the flu, which is what this thread is about by the way (not mysterious illnesses or AIDS).

I also never stated that I "invite my children to eat off the floor". What I did say is that if they drop something on the floor, no biggie. Although, I do keep a fairly clean house, so maybe I could start doing that to save on dishes!

After going back and forth on this, it's become obvious that we're going to have to agree to disagree. Now I have to get back to cleaning breakfast off the kitchen floor

Michelle

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Trance, life is full of risks and we put controls in place to try and reduce those risks, but we can only reduce them we cannot remove them at this present time.

Hugs and kisses are good, being positive is good but again you cannot have one without the other its a balance. Hopefully there will come a time when we do not need these things but we are just too primitive at the moment so we have to use the tools at our disposal.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A day ago I would have believed something conspiratorial to this. But today I don't. I was overhearing two doctors talk about it, and I head them say that this year there's been too many deaths and wide spread infections. So that's why.

But I agree that you get it if you take the vaccine. Every year I get it, I get the flu. There's only hope it will be a weaker flu.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's interesting that the government has made this recommendation, when just yesterday, the following news item hit many of the news media outlets:

Feds admit vaccine
'aggravated' autism
Critics: Ruling major concession
after years of government denials

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
Lol trust the government . Like we did with this little gem ? en.wikipedia.org...

From 1956 to 1962, approximately 10,000 children were born with severe malformities, including phocomelia, because their mothers had taken thalidomide during pregnancy.[1] In 1962, in reaction to the tragedy, the United States Congress enacted laws requiring tests for safety during pregnancy before a drug can receive approval for sale in the U.S.[2] Other countries enacted similar legislation, and thalidomide was not prescribed or sold for decades.

Not directed at anyone. And sorry to be a little off topic. but.. Just remember the Thalidomide thing . And how GREAT that was . lol

[edit on 28-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

The problem in the 50's and 60's with thalidomide was that it was unknown at the time that thalidomide was not only racemic, but upon taking a pure form of one "mirror image" of the drug, it was converted in the body to a mixture of both forms. Turns out that one form is useful, and the other is harmful but there is no way to take the useful form without having it turn into the harmful form, knowledge that the doctors did not have at the time thalidomide was being used. It's not that there was any evil intent there, just not enough information.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69
What is in the flu shot?
formaldahyde
mercury
ether
raw eggs
attenuated virus
detergent
There has been no studies done in the effectiveness of these shots,and every year you hear of mistakes being made after 100,000 people have already recieved the shots(kind of late). If you recieved the shot and it is not attenuated enough you just got a worse case than if you had gotten it naturally.
I am tired of the government forcing us to do things we don't want to. I know it is a suggestion now but so was the seat belt law at first. Just look at the cases in Maryland where parents were facing jail time for not having their kids innoculated.
Freedom is a perception, we percieve coming and going at will as freedom.
But how free are we ?Try going to the store without your seatbelt on.

Where exactly are you getting your information?

For all the vaccine-haters posting here, I have yet to see any credible information that vaccines do more harm than good. Before people knew that germs caused disease, death rates were high and life expectancy was low (compared to developed countries today). Jenner and Pasteur worked out this scheme to use dead or weakened disease causing agents to boost our own natural defenses against such agents...leading to our modern practice of vaccination which has saved millions of lives worldwide.

If vaccines were "poison" as many posting here suggest, why would anyone get them?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Who knows what's REALLY in those shots. It wouldn't be the first time a government has lied to the people about what they are being given all in the name of better health. I used to get the flu shot because my girlfriend at the time worked at a seniors home and it was required by all the staff and their families.....I was sick for most of the year following getting the vaccine. I haven't been with her for a few yearn now and haven't gotten the shot since and I have never felt better, heck I rarely get sick anymore and if I do it only lasts a few days instead of weeks or months.

I found this interesting article regarding things your government will do to you without your knowledge.

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Just FYI UndiscoveredSoul = ALL FEMALE

And sorry didn't mean to make anyone angry I was just really shocked that someone would call my OPINION ignorant.

Guess I need a tougher skin eh?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Agaqin, keep taking your pills and shots if you want. But when they don't work in the long run....don't say we didn't warn you.

The Cholesterol Con -- Where Were the Doctors?

This brings me to the question I ask in my headline: During the many years of the Cholesterol Con, where were the doctors? When everyone from the makers of Mazola Corn Oil to the Popes of Cardiology assured us that virtually anyone could ward off heart disease by lowering their cholesterol, why didn't more of our doctors raise an eyebrow and warn us: "Actually, that's not what the research shows"?

cholesterol con

Yet another example of cons in medicine.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't get what gender has to do with this.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Mich, I have not exaggerated anything, yes we are talking about the flu vacs but your statement of we dont need these things is wrong. The simple facts are that vaccines save lives end of. Yes some have disasterous effects but thats not the norm, without modern medicines civilisation as we know it would not and could not exist.

Dont you have a table in your house to serve breakfast on, whats this obssesion with using the floor.

I dont know why we have all these vaccine haters out there or where it even comes from. Why are people scared, paranoid etc. about this, is it justified or is it just irrational behaviour

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Everyone should have the freedom to decide about immunizations themselves. However, if you choose to not immunize your children you should not send them to public schools or daycares and you know that when they suffer through these diseases you can blame nobody but yourselves.

We did not have many of these vaccines. We had to suffer through an onslaught of childhood diseases and a few kids I grew up with died from them. Even though the Polio Vaccines had started when I was little a couple of kids in the little town I grew up in died and a few were crippled. I suffered through Chickenpox, Mumps, German Measles (Rubella), Whooping Cough and many others that children now don't have to suffer from. I clearly remember being sat into cold water in a washtub because my fever had reached the point I nearly died. More than once. Pneumonia got me the worst and then it took months to recover. Now they can knock that out of you in a couple of days.

Peoples fears of modern medicine are pure paranoid delusions and if you are parents your children will suffer over your delusions. Remember when your child is lying there with a 105 fever, near death, that you could have prevented it but you chose not to.

[edit on 2/29/2008 by Blaine91555]

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join