It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All kids 'must' get flu vaccine: Fed Panel

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

I and much of my family had this and we all had the flu shot. Those in my family who didn't get the flu shot this year did NOT get sick.

That means you caught a strain not covered in the vaccination. It has been in the news for some time that there is a strain going around that was not covered in this years vaccine. I've seen at least two doctors on TV explain what is happening. The vaccines work when they correctly predict the strain(s).

predict predict predict predict. who are the confidence men again? i'm not saying the government is out to get us or that i wouldn't get my child vaccinated, but blindly trusting a prediction is pretty sad. a 70-90 % success rate IF they "predict" correctly just isn't good enough. perhaps they should spend a little more money refining the process...just a thought

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

For all the vaccine-haters posting here, I have yet to see any credible information that vaccines do more harm than good.

the U.S. Court of Federal Claims has ruled in favor of a child alleged to have regressed into autism as a result of vaccinations.

Several of the vaccinations included the controversial mercury-based preservative thimerosal, points out the National Autism Association, which sees the ruling as confirmation of the claims of many parents.

"This case echoes the stories of thousands of children across the country," said NAA President Wendy Fournier. "With almost 5,000 similar cases pending in vaccine court, we are confident that this is just the first of many that will confirm what we have believed for so long – vaccines can and do cause children to regress into autism."

I guess that you have decided to ignore my post a few above yours. The US Government has admitted that vaccinations are a contributing factor for autism. Given the huge increase in the number of autism cases in the last few decades, which coincides with the increased number of vaccinations, and given that admission above, wouldn't it be prudent proceed with caution on vaccinations, especially if you have a young child?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here are two thoughts of wisdom for those that are trying to avoid having their kids injected.....

If you are allergic to eggs YOU CAN NOT GET THE FLU SHOT....

If you are part of a religion that is against abortion, you can claim a religious exemption from shot....as they used dead aborted fetuses to make the vaccines.

I don't get the flu shot because I am allergic to eggs, and have documentation. Since I found out about the egg alergy I have made sure that each time I take my kids to the doctors and they ask what they are allergic to I say milk and EGGS.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Mich you clearly stated that the quote Blaine posted was a lie thats what you said that millions do not die from Influenza when that is not the truth. If you cannot understand the subject matter perhaps a little research may help you.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I got my information from the Flu shot manufacturers web site.I am a doctor and opposed to the flu shot. They say it protects them from getting the flu, well show me the studies done to back this statement up.
The strain innoculated is not even for the strain that is out there.Also consider all of the recent manufacturing mishaps. Do some research.
I will include the web site but I have to look it up again.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hey everyone just so you people can put together the elements here, the RFID technology is easily put into vaccines. If they make it a law then that means that all those kids will get chipped through the vaccines. Oh and you don't even want to know about the other in organic nano technology that goes in some of those vaccines also.

By the way to all those parents out there it is not "required" for your kids to get vaccines to enter school. I know believe it or not you're being fooled it's amazing huh it's actual not legal for them to require that they just convinced you with communication and language rhetoric. All you need is a note from your doctor or telling the school administration that you are doing it for religious reasons or for some other reason. Go look it up you don't have to get them for school you'll see. I was actually told this helpful information by the doctors office.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I got into a debate with a guy at work about the mandatory shots in Virginia the other month. Its so funny he's a person with hard liberal views . Oh but their endangering other people if they don't. Typical sleep walker.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Because we feel this is a good topic for conversation, The ATSmix Show is going to use it for a current "SOUND-OFF" and would like you all to participate please..

Please click the link below to go to our "Sound-Off" Page.. Please read the directions carefully and then "SOUND-OFF"

ATSMIX Sound-Off Segment, "Should All Kids Get Flu Shots"?

Looking forward to your participation in the segment..

Johnny Anonymous
ATSmix Co-Host

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Did anybody actaully read the article in question? Or did all the no vaccine reactionaries simply jump onto thier tired bandwagon and start beating the drums of pointless rhetoric?

Were EXACTLY did is say mandatory? I beleive the words from the article were should be vaccinated :shk:

Oh, I agree that the article did not say anything about "mandatory," and the title might seem blatantly alarmist, but this is the foundation for future legislation, based on this "finding," to make it mandatory. They are somewhat patient, after all, and I give it 6 months at the least...a year and a half at the outside, that that step will come.

We must prevail soon, or we will have 1984 planet-wide. But maybe you would be more comfortable calling ME an alarmist, and go about your business as usual. You think about it. [shrug]

And...

Nothing like gathering all the information before going off eh?

I read the article, noted that indeed, it did not say the "man" word, but still saw the disturbing implications of the "findings." If this was the only sign I saw, I would shrug it off. But this is just one - others include the Wars on things that allowed some to decide to interrupt peace in pursuit of "crime," and many contracts with the Government to be had, and how a benign plant is vilified in favor of treatments which ALWAYS have risk of long-term use issues, side effects and death... But are patentable...

Oh, sir, I am sickened by what I see if I let myself see anything but where working with Zero Point Energy will lead us. I firmly believe in the ability of humankind to bring this Energy into use.

Sorry. Got carried away. My point is, we know the vaccines are going to be manufactured by Big Pharm, and the Elite are way into Big Pharm... And they are amongst many who aim for a given year, and if they plan to make having their cocktail injected into the Proles before a given date, that would have to be the framework within which any such action must be taken, since I have a good idea that there are many that think December 22, 2012 has some kind of significance. And that includes many, if not all, of the "priesthood."

So... I take a "wait and see" attitude. I suspect the worst, and hope for the best.

Posted by undiscoveredsoul
They will NOT recieve anymore, I will refuse. Everytime they got shots they got sick and cranky and just felt miserable and to me thats just torture! No more.. the government can kiss my big ole rear end on this one.

Its your choice, but, you will need to school them at home and I firmly beleive that you should have to pay for any medical treatment your children require because of this little stance you are taking if the contract a preventable disease. Its funny how many people will pause at that one. Its easy to stand on that soap box and be all priciplaced untill it hits in the pocket book. Why should I pay higher premiums because you are too ignorant to immunize your child?

Look, fellow citizen, that disease (flu) hits regardless of inoculation programs. We are told that many cases were averted... But with any given strain, how can they have all the data? These organisms evolve surprisingly quickly (and I would think that alone should close the case of whether evolution plays any part in our Universe), and so, by the time the studies are well and thoroughly done, what we are getting is something a bit different.

Since I already pointed out that we are likely to be commanded to be "upstanding citizens" and lay our arms bare for corporate cocktails, given all the other 1984ish things I see, I just can't see why I should capitulate.

I mean, if I was told all I knew about vaccines from those with nothing to gain, from a source I could know had only the goodness of their heart behind what they tell me, then I would offer my arm in a heartbeat. But frankly, sir, if I have to stand over my daughter and guard her from being ripped from my arms to be "vaccinated" by corporation-hyped and corporation-made cocktails, that is how it will play out.

(Have you seen what they put in vaccines...? There's a good vid of some guy who was closely involved with what was in many of them. I wish I could remember the guy's name...)

Maybe after we harness ZPE we can expect honesty in things. We will have no use for money and so, getting rid of that which when being loved is the root of all evil, all evil will be gone...

For more, please read:

h t t p : / / home.earthlink.net/~amaterasu/story2.html

[edit on 3/1/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Like everything you must weigh the pros and cons.

I have an autistic son. I am convinced his MMR vaccine contributed to
his condition. With that said, this same child has the flu this very moment.
I am also recovering myself. My son has been extremely ill for six days
now. Had i known he would be so sick from this particular strain of flu, I
would have definitely had him immunized.

Young children are at risk for serious complications even death. Do not play devils advocate relying on fear tactics to prevent someone from
exercising caution and using common sense. To do so would be very
irresponsible.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

You would have been just as sick from the shot. you prob better off getting the flu.

Id rather have a flu then mercury and dead fetus in my viens.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is weird. In the Netherlands even childeren with an indication (like astma) for flu vaccines are adviced not to take it because it seems to have no affect (positive or negative) on childeren according to dutch doctors.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Young children are at risk for serious complications even death. Do not play devils advocate relying on fear tactics to prevent someone from Young children are at risk for serious complications even death.

I'm sorry, what makes you think that I am playing devil's advocate? In fact, I am NOT. Go back and read my post. I said that we should proceed with caution. The bottom line is that each family needs to make their own choice, based upon their beliefs, knowledge and judgment. By the way, part of that judgment, in my case, was the fact that a close relative of mine DIED because of a tainted vaccine, so please don't patronize me.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I do apologize. I was not saying you personally were playing devil's
advocate. If I would have read your post thoroughly I would have
seen we share a similar view. I am so sorry for your loss. Did not mean
to come off judgemental.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Found a timely article in line with this subject-"How to legally avoid unwanted immunizations of all kinds." Some pretty good info:

www.mercola.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Thank you for your concern. I guess sometimes I let it get to me, because it is so personal. I've had a hard time trusting any doctor after that. I have my annual exam, get my blood tests done, etc. but unless I'm really sick, I basically stay away from the doctor, try to watch my diet carefully, and exercise regularly. In the last 20 years, I haven't gotten the flu once, and other than an occasional stomach virus, I've been pretty healthy, thank God.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The vast majority of professionals I work with in the hospital do NOT get the flu shot, (doctors, nurses, etc and myself included). Those that do get the flu shot are usually the ones getting sick with the flu throughout the year.

What the doctor said in the previous post is very true. There is simply not enough studies/evidence to support the claim that it "helps" at all. And by the time you've vaccinated yourself against the flu and recovered from that vaccine, it will have mutated into a different strain, making the whole thing a miserable and practically pointless process.

This brings up another point to consider. MRSA, VRE, C-diff, etc ..... superbugs! Consider how these came into being. It doesn't take much to extrapolate that to influenza.
How do you innoculate the entire planet?

As for legislating the flu shot, I think most of us would agree that it is morally and ethically wrong. It seems that some of our leaders and advisors have poor critical thinking skills. Or, maybe, there is a bit of truth in these conspiracy theories. Time will tell...

**edit**
BTW, ProfEmeritus, that's a great quote and IMO is the root of our problems here in America!

[edit on 4-3-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Good post.
In addition to the great points that you made, there is the financial aspect of it, and the interests of the pharmaceutical companies. Much of what the drug companies push, shown been shown in studies to be of, at best, dubious value. Even anti-depressants have come into question, as to their efficacy lately.
In addition, with the rush to market to beat the competition, so many of the adverse effects of new drugs does not come to light, until thousands, or in some cases, hundreds of thousands of people have had their lives ruined, or even taken away.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join