It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All kids 'must' get flu vaccine: Fed Panel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

All kids 'must' get flu vaccine: Fed Panel

news.aol.com

WASHINGTON (Feb. 28) - All U.S. children aged from six months up to 18 should be immunized every year against influenza, a panel of federal vaccine advisers said on Wednesday.

The panel, which advises the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on vaccine matters, agreed unanimously at its regular meeting in Atlanta that the new recommendations should go into effect as soon as possible, but no later than the 2009-2010 flu season.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Awesome. First we have the gardisil crap, now this. Mandatory flu vaccinations imposed on our children. Perhaps you guys can ram through mandatory chip implants to go along with it. I'm sure that's already in the works.

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Kind of funny. The only people I know that got flu this year are the same ones that actually went and got these shots.

I would be interested in a study on what is actually in these shots, if someone can get a vial and analyze it professionally. I'm sure it's nothing pretty

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Peace Frog]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i had a flu shot once about 4 years ago - got really really sick - not ahd a shot since , and funnily enough , not been sick like that again....

whats in this flu shot?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I absolutely will not take my kids to get mandatory flu shots.

We'll see what happens.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah, everyone at my work got the flu shots this year, except for me and my girlfriend, and the whole place walked around like pale zombies for a few days, then several people eventually got the flu.

Meanwhile I had to fight off all the crap they were carrying around, but I survived, didn't get the 'flu' yet this year.

I will never take their vaccines. Good thing I don't have kids of my own, of course I would never raise kids in this society anyhow.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have never had a flu shot, nor will I take my kids for flu shots. It seems to me the more immunizations we give our kids, the more these illnesses mutate into something worse. I don't have any proof of that, just personal opinion.

I have had the flu only twice in the past 10 years, and my children have only had the flu a few times each in their lives *knock on wood* My 14 year old actually just got over a pretty bad flu...only the 4th time in his life. With lots of rest, water and probably more chicken noodle soup than he'll ever eat again, he was fine within the week.

On a side note...I notice that the AOL news article says "All Kids Must Get Flu Vaccine,...." but in the body of the article itself it actually says:

All U.S. children aged from six months up to 18 SHOULD be immunized every year against influenza, a panel of federal vaccine advisers said on Wednesday.

The vote from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices would add about 30 million children to the list of those who should be vaccinated, CDC spokesman Curtis Allen said. The current recommendations cover children aged 6 months to 5 years old.

To me, this article is just stating that they are upping the age recommendations, and not enforcing some sort of mandatory vaccination. The title of the article is a little misleading

Michelle

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129

Well that's the thing. It's the implications of this that is alarming. When they say SHOULD, this group is basically lobbying for this to eventually become law. Very profitable at that. Which would be horrible.

There was already a case in relation to this in Maryland. The mentality is just spreading to other states.

www.informationliberation.com...

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Peace Frog]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ain't gonna happen in my house! They can mandate their poison shots all they want in order to attend their public indoctrination centers but it ain't gonna happen here! I'll homeschool my child myself if this is the case.

The more I read bout our government the more pissed off I become - by the minute!
Fortunately I am hardly alone in this sentiment. Soon, very soon my friends, and the politicians in this country will be made to hang from every tree limb and lightpost in the nation as a result of their treason and lies. This country WILL go back to the people; to be governed by the people and for the people - not the corporations!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have had a flu shot twice and that was the only two times I've had the flu. I got bad sick too. My 8 month old son got a flu shot last month and he got bad sick. That's the only time he's gotten sick too. He will not get another one.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Interesting how the immune system works for some is better than for others, the high risk crap is always the tool used when the pharma wants to push their BS vaccines on people.

Yes is true that some people with certain problems should get vaccinated as they can become targets but no everybody fall in that category.

I had the flu in my four decades of life three times, I have the flu shot two times, one of them I was vaccinated and it was the worst flue I ever had.

Been from the Caribbean I had the dengue flu one time as a teen(cause by a mosquito bite) the symptoms and the illness were worst that any flu I ever had.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My children will NOT get this vaccine. I hated the vaccines I had to get them so that they could attend school, both have all vaccines that the state requires of them now. They will NOT recieve anymore, I will refuse. Everytime they got shots they got sick and cranky and just felt miserable and to me thats just torture! No more.. the government can kiss my big ole rear end on this one.

This is crazy

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just wonder though, if this DOES go through and get mandated, what will happen if we refuse? Our kids will be refused entry into the schooling systems? Can they pass something like this into LAW? With our gov, nothing would suprise me when it comes to controlling us.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Did anybody actaully read the article in question? Or did all the no vaccine reactionaries simply jump onto thier tired bandwagon and start beating the drums of pointless rhetoric?

Were EXACTLY did is say mandatory? I beleive the words from the article were should be vaccinated :shk:

Nothing like gathering all the information before going off eh?

Posted by undiscoveredsoul
They will NOT recieve anymore, I will refuse. Everytime they got shots they got sick and cranky and just felt miserable and to me thats just torture! No more.. the government can kiss my big ole rear end on this one.

Its your choice, but, you will need to school them at home and I firmly beleive that you should have to pay for any medical treatment your children require because of this little stance you are taking if the contract a preventable disease. Its funny how many people will pause at that one. Its easy to stand on that soap box and be all priciplaced untill it hits in the pocket book. Why should I pay higher premiums because you are too ignorant to immunize your child?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I just wonder though, if this DOES go through and get mandated, what will happen if we refuse?

Your child cannot attend public schools schools. You are stuck with home schools or maybe an Amish school if there are any in your area. Some parents will lie and make up an exemption on religious grounds but that loophole will eventually be closed. And if you are so adamant about it, then why fake it eh?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ignorant? You have the AUDACITY to call me ignorant for wanting to protect my child from the unknown? That is what these vaccines are they are UNKNOWN living pathenogen that we are REQUIRED to let people inject into our children.....

I read the article you.. I know it said SHOULD be vaccinated HOWEVER, we all know that it is VERY likely they will pass it into a mandatory vaccination. The way they are spouting off about how important it is this one and that new guardasil crap....

I will no longer allow the government to tell me what is or is not safe for my children.

I pay for my children's medical care, YOU don't so that aurgument is nil as well! If keeping them home and schooling them myself keeps them from having to submit to being infected with whatever poison the government has cooked up in those vaccines then I'm all for it... no matter what the cost. My children and thier well being are more important than my cash.....

Edit & Moderator note:
Civility & Decorum are Expected
Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 28-2-2008 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Did anybody actaully read the article in question? Or did all the no vaccine reactionaries simply jump onto thier tired bandwagon and start beating the drums of pointless rhetoric?

Were EXACTLY did is say mandatory? I beleive the words from the article were should be vaccinated :shk:

Nothing like gathering all the information before going off eh?

Posted by undiscoveredsoul
They will NOT recieve anymore, I will refuse. Everytime they got shots they got sick and cranky and just felt miserable and to me thats just torture! No more.. the government can kiss my big ole rear end on this one.

Its your choice, but, you will need to school them at home and I firmly beleive that you should have to pay for any medical treatment your children require because of this little stance you are taking if the contract a preventable disease. Its funny how many people will pause at that one. Its easy to stand on that soap box and be all priciplaced untill it hits in the pocket book. Why should I pay higher premiums because you are too ignorant to immunize your child?

For the record, my stance is: If somehow this gets passed as a mandatory
Law I wouldnt abide by it, I would fight it tooth and nail and if it came down to it I would pull my kid from the public school system.

You make it sound as if we dont line our kids up for these seemingly never ending mandatory vaccinations that its our fault if our kids get sick....Fine whos responsible for when they get sick from nothing but the vaccine IE HPPV or any of the other number of drugs.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Fred the new motto here at ATS is “deny reading” or that is how it seems.

I was wondering the same as you about the how anyone could miss the “should get” part. I guess in the eyes of several this is a demand that every child “must get”.

It is no wonder that people are so intolerant of others when we are failing in the simplest form of communication.

But regardless of the recommendations of the flu shot I have never taken it. I really feel no need to do something my body should already be doing and in fact does every year. My biggest issues are always sinus problems but aside from that neither I nor my child will be getting a flu shot. I personally have not seen a difference in those who do receive the shot and those who do not.

As for other shot though I was very hesitant to have my son get them I went forward with it anyway. So far I have seen no ill effects of them though maybe I got lucky this time or maybe there really is no link to autism and the shots. I would love to see even more studies done on them personally.

Raist

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
Ignorant? You have the AUDACITY to call me ignorant for wanting to protect my child from the unknown?

Yes IGNORANT for allowing your child to at risk for an easily preventable disease. Ignorant for not actaully doing any real research on the subject matter before sounding off with pointless rhetoric etc.

Vaccines work and those that fail to use them out of some misquided, ill-informed, knee jerk reaction, I want to be trendy, reason, move into the realm of child abuse IMHO.

I read the article you MORON (yes I called you a moron ... you called me ignorant so tit for tat ) I know it said SHOULD be vaccinated

Hmmm if you read it then please show me where it says mandatory? Or where in all the years we have had flu shots, where it has it been mandated? Go on.............. Oh wait NEVER
Perhaps you chose not to read the relevant passages, would not do to get int he way of your rhetoric eh?

HOWEVER, we all know that it is VERY likely they will pass it into a mandatory vaccination. The way they are spouting off about how important it is this one and that new guardasil crap....

Guardasil does work, but that hardly the point and off topic for this thread. Please again show me in all of the years that an influenza vaccine has been MANDATED anywhere?

I will no longer allow the government to tell me what is or is not safe for my children.

I can see it now, no seat belts, no child seats etc etc. Again, the flu shot is not mandated is it? Nor has it ever been.

I pay for my children's medical care, YOU don't so that aurgument is nil as well BRAIN CHILD! If keeping them home and schooling them myself keeps them from having to submit to being infected with whatever poison the government has cooked up in those vaccines then I'm all for it... no matter what the cost. My children and thier well being are more important than my cash.....

If by that you mean that you pay 100% of your childs heathcare (not just the insurance premiums
) then kudos for you. At least your ignorant folley will not effect other children nor will it drive my insurance premiums up
Nor will you child be taking space in our overcrowded public school systems as well. SO again thanks

The bottom line is this the vaccines work, the literature supports thier use without question. WHat you chose to do with your children is your own business but

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
You make it sound as if we dont line our kids up for these seemingly never ending mandatory vaccinations that its our fault if our kids get sick....Fine whos responsible for when they get sick from nothing but the vaccine IE HPPV or any of the other number of drugs.

If your child got sick from a disease like say Polio etc that could have been prevented. The responsability both emotionaly and fiscaly should be with the parents that made that choice.

As far as getting sick from the actuall vaccinations (Which is a know risk of the procedure) there are funds set up for the care of those children as well as thier own insurance be it government supplied or priovate sector, and no doubt the liability lawyers will be rolling on them as well. As you know no vaccine is 100% foolproff and it it still possible to catch the disease after vaccination, just infantely less likely.

[edit on 2/28/08 by FredT]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join