It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemically-Induced Suicide: 80 Percent of Suicide Victims Took Antidepressant Drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Okay what about that story in the UK where 30 people have killed them selves in the same area? Not sure about that.

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Oh my, now I see.
This is frightening all right, looks like "Operation Population Control" is in full swing.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swordbeast

The latest figures
show we are going to be reduced down to 500,000,000 people.

So, 6 billion people are going to die looks like!

Justice will prevail!

Good WILL ALWAYS triumph over evil.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Fascinating links!

Thanks for providing them

They called them "cluster" suicides.....

I am going to do some digging!

Be back with more info.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swordbeast
Wait... aren't most people who commit suicide depressive? Wouldn't it then stand to reason that they were taking antidepressants?

So maybe the antidepressants are more of a symptom than the cause?

I mean, dead people don't spend money to obtain the pills, so wouldn't it be a little contraproductive for big pharma to kill such reliable customers?

Or did I miss something?

I actually used to think the same thing, until I dated a girl who was told to go on anti-depressants.

She was perfectly functional. She simply had some issues to work out with her family. However, the doctor took her anger toward recent events as depression and told her to go on anti-depressants.

She ceased to exist. She became a very cold and methodical person... in the end, she tried to take her own life... in her words "I wanted to feel something... anything."

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
reply to post by Swordbeast

The latest figures
show we are going to be reduced down to 500,000,000 people.

So, 6 billion people are going to die looks like!

Justice will prevail!

Good WILL ALWAYS triumph over evil.

Latest figures? What latest figures?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I found this article
www.sptimes.com...

The Journal said the documents, reportedly missing for a decade, had formed part of a 1994 lawsuit against Eli Lilly on behalf of victims of a workplace shooting in Louisville, Ky. Joseph Wesbecker, the gunman who killed eight people and himself in 1989, had been prescribed Prozac a month before the shootings.

Eli Lilly won the case, but later disclosed it had settled with the plaintiffs during the trial.

PROZAC FACTS

WHAT IT IS: In 1987, Prozac became the first of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors to be approved for use in the United States. This new class of drugs is believed to help regulate mood by increasing the availability of serotonin in the brain.

WHO SELLS IT: Eli Lilly and Co. makes Prozac, its brand name for the drug fluoxetine (floo OX e teen). However, many generic equivalents became available after the company's patent ran out in August 2001. Additionally, fluoxetine is sold under the brand name Sarafem to treat women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder.

WHO USES IT: Prozac is used to treat clinical depression, bulimia, obsessive-compulsive disorder and panic disorder. Prozac has been approved and marketed in more than 90 countries and used by more than 40-million people worldwide.

Sources: Eli Lilly and Co., Galen Holdings PLC, Times files

DID YOU SEE THIS
"used by more than 40-million people worldwide."

So thats just one drug........

How many out of these 40 million people in 90 countries commit suicide?

Thats the question!

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No, you answer my question first. How do you know that several billion people are going to be wiped out?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
The best circumstantial evidence for the connection is before these drugs were around school shootings simply didn't happen.

But people did run amok before the drugs were commonplace.

Running amok, sometimes referred to as simply amok (also spelled amuck or amuk), is derived from the Malay word amuk, meaning "mad with rage" (uncontrollable rage). Although commonly used in a colloquial and less-violent sense, the phrase is particularly associated with a specific sociopathic culture-bound syndrome in Malaysian culture. In a typical case of running amok, a male who has shown no previous sign of anger or any inclination to violence will acquire a weapon and, in a sudden frenzy, will attempt to kill or seriously injure anyone he encounters. Amok episodes of this kind normally end with the attacker being killed by bystanders, or committing suicide.

People have gone amok since pre-Colonial days (circa 1511 AD) here. If anything, I believe the drugs simply makes it easier to reach the tipping point.

Maybe the school shootings are a form of western culture-bound syndrome similar to mengamuk.

Edit to add: There are hardly any more local cases of people running amok these days. Not quite sure what changed.

[edit on 29/2/2008 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chromatico

Dude, it was a joke, did you not see the
in the middle?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ha! No, I actually missed it. I guess I have my "game face" attached too tightly when I get on here sometimes...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of that freak Farakan. But I watched one of his speeches one time and he said something that I had heard before. He advised staying away from any products that contain sodium flouride. He said it's in everything. From drinking water to toothpaste. He said it's the same chemical used for rat pesticide as well as treatments for depressions.

He said it makes you dull and dumb.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bootynthehofish

I think that's absurd. IQs are way higher than they were before chlorine began to be used commercially.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Holy crap, water and toothpaste?

Ok,
He should have made a short list of things that don't have this in it!

Its a good thing that.....wait........what was I talking about?

......I feel......kinda......dum.......akljdjf jdjkfj jdjjjkkkkkkkkk..

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chromatico

I think that's absurd. IQs are way higher than they were before chlorine began to be used commercially.

It was sodium fluoride I believe. Not the stuff you put in pools.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's a revealing statistic of school shootings:

2008:5 / 2007:3 / 2006:4
2005:2 / 2003:4 / 2002:2
2001:2 / 2000:1 / 1999:2
1998:3 / 1997:3 / 1996:1
1995:1 / 1993:1 / 1992:2
1991:1 / 1989:1 / 1988:1
_____________________39___ incidents in 20 yrs
1983:1 / 1979:1 / 1976:1
1970:1 / 1968:1 / 1966:1
______________________6___ incidents in 22 yrs

Taken from Wiki: Notable School Shootings

Prozac was introduced to the market in 1987.

The statistics indicates connexion between that and the 650% raise in incidents of school shootings compared to the previous 20 year span.

NOTE: 5 shootings have occured within one week of this past February. Honestly I haven't noticed more than one or two. Only goes to show these event are being toned down by MSM.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

It's like that in all cultures, I would guess. Our own Vikings, Norsemen run beserk, a good Nordic word "besærk".

I would guess in Malaysia's tropical jungle you have a wealth of herbs used for cooking and cerimonial and overwrought use, that could indicate a connection, like in Scandinavia the strong mead as well as certain mushrooms definately has been a factor in the rage.

Btw, alcohol still is.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Wow,

Now its hard to deny that.....

Here we have irrefutable evidence of an influence on the minds of individuals.

Can we narrow it down to just prozac?

Well, if we had the autopsy reports of all the people involved, we could put a case together.....

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Let's not damn psychiatric drugs too quickly. They do have their uses. They provide a "boost" to seriously depressed people who are stuck in the black hole of depression, long enough for them to make positive changes in their lives. (At least in theory.) Problem is, lots of laziness in the medical / psychological profession, lots of "take these pills and shut up" attitude.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peace Frog
I think the term 'population control' pretty much sums up what the 'anti-depressant' project/experiment is about.

The same could be said about compulsory government schools which are hardly more than genocidal concentration camps for children (especially smart children.) What better way to induce suicide amongst potential troublemakers! What better way to get rid of future Einsteins, Galileos, Socrateses, and the like before they disrupt the status quo!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join