It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemically-Induced Suicide: 80 Percent of Suicide Victims Took Antidepressant Drugs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I went ahead and Googled what I had mentioned before about the link between prescribed drugs and school shootings and came up with quite a few articles. Here's just a few. One must wonder why this isn't in the media as much as it should be:

School Shootings linked to Pscychotropic Drugs

Link Between Prozac (etc.) and Shootings

Death from Ritalin

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow, how compelling!

Kristina Fetters, a 14-year-old from Des Moines, Iowa, who stabbed her favorite great aunt in a rage that landed her a life sentence.

Now we are giving drugs to who again?

The Journal of the American Medical Association released a study that shows that there is a tremendous increase in prescribing anti-depressants to preschoolers aged 2 to 4 years old!

2 TO 4 YEARS OLD!!!!

Then they turn into psychopathic killers

This should be the black box warning:

PLEASE READ:
Your son/daughter may try to kill you with household items.
May cause increased suicidal tendencies.
Don't use this drug if you love your life, or have any positive feelings toward life!

[edit on 1-3-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

If that is the case then it's quite disappointing as a storyline, was hoping something more spiritual inspiring. But then again if it's about the medical chemist industry or biological industry then maybe the connection is closer than first thought to reality.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Not read all of this thread but will throw my 2p in anyway.

I was clinically depressed for a while, caused by a lot of things. I went to see a doctor who sent me to a psychiatrist and after a week or so I was prescribed prozac. It is the worst feeling in the world, as many people have said it's like being in a black hole with no way out. You can no longer function normally and life is a living hell. Someone said it earlier that depression is a matter of perspective and I agree entirely. To anyone who has taken MDMA(Ecstasy) depression is basically the complete opposite of the feelings (perspective) from MDMA. I won't go into that..but that drug holds a special place in my heart for a lot of reasons.

When I was prescribed Prozac the leaflet that came in the packet with the tablets did actually say one of the side effects is an increase in suicidal tendancies, they made me a hell of a lot worse. At one point I was prescribed Diazepam(Valium) to help me deal with the times where I just felt so hopeless, the valium basically numbed me so I was literally incapable of doing anything.

Other than making me worse Prozac gave me the most vivid and weird dreams I have ever had in my life, this was actually the reason I stopped taking it because it got to a point where I was unable to distinguish between real-life and what I had dreamt. Basically I would dream say having a conversation with people, when I next saw them I would talk about something in the conversation we had. They would ask me what the hell I was talking about as I had dreamt it all. I think this was down to Prozac's effect on serotonin as other drugs that effect serotonin give me strange dreams aswell.

A few weeks off the Prozac I was still feeling crap but slowly I started coming back round and within a few months I was back to some normality. To this day I still don't think I'm the same person, I'm more introverted now than I ever was before, but on the plus side I am a lot stronger person and wise beyond my years (I'm 19, this happened when I was 16 and after my first suicide attempt I was thrown out of my house).

I do believe the anti-depressants made me worse but I am sure they do help some people. I believe 5-HTP or L-Trytophan would be better avenues to explore.

To anyone reading this thread who feels depressed and feels there is no way out, believe me there is. The light at the tunnel may be small to see but it's there and it's waiting for you, it really is worth it when you get there. Don't be afraid to talk to people about how you feel because they will be there for you. The world really is an amazing place but you might not be able to see it right now, pull through and you will be a better person that you could ever imagine

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleggy88
I was clinically depressed for a while, caused by a lot of things. I went to see a doctor who sent me to a psychiatrist and after a week or so I was prescribed prozac. It is the worst feeling in the world, as many people have said it's like being in a black hole with no way out.

BTW, were you referring to your depression itself, or the effects of Prozac, as being like a black hole?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

i just took all my meds plus more
its just about what will do it..
i hope the meds kill me
it will be my one savior..
peace to all..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join