It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 without a doubt!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by onesockon
whos 2012 do you follow. the popes? or the mayans?

Incarnated's Understandings of 2012 is what I follow. This is associated with many known and long expected prophicies, but it doesn't excluded anything but self "channeled" wispy wellwishing daydreamers and delousionists of "Positivity" energy wannabees.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

the gregorian calender has nothing to do with the mayan calender, the gregorian is from the roman calender which kept changing after time to become the gregorian. even the roman calender had nothing to do with the maya, are you saying romulus knew of the mayans?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No all I am saying is that the Catholic Church adapted their calendar from the Hebrew Calendar to make it into what they wanted it to be. It is totally linear.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

so they change it to make it into what they wanted it to be, so its not really the calender you should be looking at, but yet all these people think that the change 2012 will bring is the 2012 that is in 4 years. arnt the catholics the biggest brainwashes in history?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

these arnt personal attacks if they come across that way, its just words on a screen.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onesockon

I don't even understand what you people are talking about. If you are talking about the setup of the calander it was just to keep track of time in an easily understood and passable way.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
the calender we use today isnt the mayan calender which talks about 2012. people are following a calender to 2012, a calender that came from the roman calender which changed time after time and was then introduced in 1563 which is the one we use today. this calender has nothing to do with the mayan calender that says in 2012 things will change

this has everything to do with a calender. but which one? the gregorian? i dont think so. the gregorian is the calender everyone is using to predict 2012 right?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
12/21/12 is what it will be on the Calendar we use.

13.0.0.0.0 is what it will be on the Myan.

Why is this so hard for folks to get thier heads around ?

Basicly what'll happen on that day is something along the lines where you have to make a choice.

The choice you make will do one thing or another depending on your personal choice you make on the day in question.

Let's say, just on a lark mind you, that a interdimentional portal opened up in front of you on the day in question, would you enter it or stay where you were ?

1. You choose to go, not certin were you'd end up, but it's radicaly different from here.

2. You choose to stay here, stuck with the same old, same old, status quo garbage that the world seems forever stuck in.

Myself, I'd jump in the portal, but that's just me.

Simply put there is no bad choice you can choose to stay and get to choose again once the cycle returns to the point where you have the same choice once again.

I think that's more or less the message I get from many about 2012, is that we get to make a choice about our future, once we make that choice we're stuck with it, so we'll stay with same old, same old OR have a new experiance beyond our 'current' understanding.

- W -
* Who thinks he's more or less on the right track when it comes to 2012 *

[edit on 2/27/2008 by Woulfe]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by onesockon this has everything to do with a calender. but which one? the gregorian? i dont think so. the gregorian is the calender everyone is using to predict 2012 right?

Such arguments are often just a ruse for some other point, and althought I find these things mind numbing I'll try to explain it yet again.

We, "western culture" most of the working world goes by a calendar. This is known as the Gregorian Calendar. IT tells us what year we are in. It's the well established day count in 21th century world.

The 2012 phenomenon gets the "sound byte" statement of 2012 by the Gregorian Calendar. But it really doesn't matter if the year was 4367. On the dates based around the modernday accpeted traiditional gregorian calndar is the date when these events are suposed to take place. The date comes from understanding the curent accepted time/date crossing over from the remander of the Mayan calendar.

However the 2012 phenomenon has nothing to do with the year 2012. It has nothing to do with any calendar at all, no not even the mayan calendar has anything to do with the events of 2012. It's the alignment with the earth and the center of the galaxy that all the predictions are based upon.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
For some odd reason, humans have disconnected from the whole "one-ness" that we all are a part of.

We seem to think very linearly, akin to a horse with "blinders" on.

2012 is an event that will change the one that is all. It's not some "outside force" it's our own force.

You are not any less connected to the keyboard you type on to the sun that warms this planet.

Look at your carpet. You have been that carpet, you will be that carpet, you ARE that carpet.

All of this has happened before, and will happen again.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

[edit on 27-2-2008 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Has anyone in this thread made the connection of the end of our New President's first term and 2012.

I believe whoever will win this presidency, will be the antichrist

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
someone said it started back in 2008. I've personally tracked the beginnings to about 125 thousand years ago. It all depends upon when you started I guess.

Wow! You must be very old to have tracked all those changes. What changes were they again?

[edit on 28-2-2008 by Jack_Hammer]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
In reference to your comment about the "World" I think we are due for some interesting times indeed. The shortening of days caused by a disturbance in the earths tilt. Pole shift. The face of the earth could look very different in 30 years? All of the recent seismic activity should serve as a supporting clue that this is really happening.

Greetings,

That's very interesting...Muslims knew of this via the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) more than 1400 years ago. They didn't know what it exactly meant at the time; and some things were transmitted in the knowledge that they would happen towards the last days.

But no matter what anyone may say, only the Allah knows the when this world will end. Which is ok, as we've been given the key events to look for by the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

E.G.

The day of Judgment will not happen until the the sun rises in the west and sets in the east (polar shift). - If a person had not believed before this, then his belief will not be accepted after this event.

People would (and this is a litterale translation) praise such and such person as 'Cool', but the person would have no sign on faith in him.

People would ride on something which is similar to a couch (read cars - anyone who ever had a ride in an old caprice would know what I mean
)

Time will be shorter (faster)

The desert Bedouins (Arab Nomads) will compete in constructing taller and taller buildings (Google the coming buildings in Dubai/Saudi)

The leadership of the unfit

The lier will be believed and the truthful on disbelieved

The Prophet (SAW) said that towards the last day there will be much killing which he described as Haarj (a word which those present where not familiar with) when they asked him to explain (if i remember the narration correctly) he said killing, killing, killing - e.g. killing on a scale unimaginable to them at that time.

Diseases would occur that there would be no cure for.

There is so much more...available on request of course.

When truth is hurled against falsehood, falsehood perishes. For falsehood by it's very nature is bound to perish.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Incaernated, you started this thread in which you contradicted yourself, people live in fear of 2012 but they should not, its not about the physical world but the spiritual one. You then go on to say that 75% of the worlds population will perish and you dont think people should be scared or worried, what do you really think people will be happy.

The Mayans talked of the end of times and spoke of different ages nowhere did they say that we would be leaving the physdical world. What they recorded were natural events in our history and provided us with a warning of what may happen in the future. As we are living on a terra forming planet hurtling along in space made up of many physical objects its safe to say that we will be affected at some point in time by these objects, or our sun or some other phenomena.

The Mayans recorded their physical world and not a spiritual one, modern man, quacks, dreamers and the like have put their own interpretation on this date of 2012 and come up with everything from the end of the world to we are all going to change into sentient beings. Basiocally we dont know what will happen if anything either on that date or any other so it is mere speculation on the subject and nothing else. Anyone with an opinion could be right or wrong and again those who wish for something to happen need to look at themselves and ask why.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Incaernated, you started this thread in which you contradicted yourself, people live in fear of 2012 but they should not, its not about the physical world but the spiritual one. You then go on to say that 75% of the worlds population will perish and you dont think people should be scared or worried, what do you really think people will be happy.

Truth mushroom. If the O.P.'s agenda was to get people to not be afraid and open too the idea, stating something like that, probably catapulted it into another direction.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
There is a war to come. I don't know exactly when but 1/3 of mankind will be killed. 2012? Won't speculate on that rumor. Something is going to happen with Iran. UN is going to put more sanctions on Iran. That'll just anger them ... keep an eye on Russia, Iran, Syria and Lebanon. Watch for a coalition against Israel to form. Me?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

I'm sorry, maybe I'm misinformed. I didn't know people were now living for ever. I've personally never heard of a phyical being living forever.

My point is that being born into the phyical "life" you can be asured of one thing. Someday you're going to die. Some say we start dying at or about the age of 18.

If nothing was to happen, my friend, you'd still die. We will all have to see for ourselves how this 2012 drama plays out. However I've seen well established reports that put the death rate from 70-92%. All you have to do is read the book of revelation.

Death to me isn't lights out. Death to me is hopefully for the being another birth. It's the phyical flesh that fears the death of the fleshly body. However you're assured to die in the phyical life sometime. It is better to go out in a big bang then in an old age home sucking on your own phlem the way I see it.

Death of the flesh is nothing to fear, it is death of the spirit that is the true death.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
reply to post by magicmushroom

Truth mushroom. If the O.P.'s agenda was to get people to not be afraid and open too the idea, stating something like that, probably catapulted it into another direction.

I can't help but chuckel to myself about that. I know it might seem sick or what ever. I've never seen "death" as a negitive. I've always been aware that when someone dies in this phyical world they wake up in a much nicer place.

I'm not saying we should "rush" the process. I'm not offering any Kool-Aid that's for sure, however the worst part about death is dying. The sickness and pain we suffer from daily is much worst then the place we go when we die.

Seriously... This should help! Click the link and let it repeat until you feel better!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Believe revelations when the bible is full of errors? There's no reason to believe Revelations if you don't believe in god. What happens at the end of revelations? Armageddon?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

For example there was activity in Florida around the same time the Texas stuff was going on. Then I think Oregon and now Denver. I think we should keep this in the back of our minds in case.......................

And what errors are those? Prove to me one error in the Bible. And please do not mention anything in the ficticious Davinci Code.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join