It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 without a doubt!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Do you realize how impossible the ark story is?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Not impossible at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So how many animals did Noah take onto the ark?

PS: I'd love to U2U so the thread doesn't get clogged but I can't because I haven't got to the magic number of posts to be allowed that great privilidge.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
-repeat post sorry

[edit on 28-2-2008 by laughable3]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by laughable3

A very real possibility was that the animals Noah put in the Ark were not full grown. It would not take as much food for young samples of each species. According to calculations in The Genesis Flood, by Whitcomb and Morris, 1961, page 69, the Ark could hold the equivalent of 522 standard two-decked railroad stock cars. To carry the no more than 35,000 estimated individual vertebrate animals, the average size being that of a sheep, would require no more than 146 such railroad cars.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

OK. Now for the feeding of that many animals, and the cleaning of the feces. 35K animals......even if you feed them once a week you'd have to be able to move enough food for a week in .22 minutes.....which is less than 15 seconds. That doesn't account for sleep, eating, or anything else for the humans on the ship...and how many humans were there?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

We must remember that God did not abandon Noah in the Ark. The Lord did not say get into the Ark at the beginning of the trip, nor come out of the Ark at the end. God told Noah to join Him in the Ark. (Note "Come into the Ark" in Genesis 7:1 and "Go out of the Ark" in chapter 8:16.) The God who was powerful enough to destroy the earth with a massive Flood, was unquestionably able to care for those in the Ark for a year. Keep in mind that the whole Flood period was a miracle of God.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

So again it boils down to suspending science and time and just believing. Noticed that much in the bible? Those that have faith will have faith no matter how much logic or reason is thrown at them simply "because they believe."

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thanx for the assist bigwhammy. But we are trying to argue a miracle of God to someone who obviously doesn't believe in God, judging by posts in other threads. That would make this particular arguement unwinnable by both sides.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

We must remember that God did not abandon Noah in the Ark. The Lord did not say get into the Ark at the beginning of the trip, nor come out of the Ark at the end. God told Noah to join Him in the Ark. (Note "Come into the Ark" in Genesis 7:1 and "Go out of the Ark" in chapter 8:16.) The God who was powerful enough to destroy the earth with a massive Flood, was unquestionably able to care for those in the Ark for a year. Keep in mind that the whole Flood period was a miracle of God.

1And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

Where does it say god remains with him again?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We've kinda strayed from the original point of the thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

As I stated before I'd love to take it to U2U so as to not clog up the thread, but I'm not sure if I have enough posts yet.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Then until you do, let's keep it on topic. But I will not U2U you or anyone else if you are going to be condescending or call me names or attack my faith. You can communicate without those tactics.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Absolutely, I agree. We'll never get it all. Science is mans attempt to explain. I think we've done petty well, Big bang and all but science can't explain creation. There is always that pesky initial cause. Without a creator nothing makes sense.

There's loads of evidence for the flood story though. You know prior to the theories of Charles Darwin, most educated men explained the vast quantities of fossils as evidence of the global Flood from the days of Noah. The mechanism for creating fossils requires unusual circumstances where an organism is buried before it can be eaten by other animals and bacteria. It is my opinion that the fossil record and sedimentary layers are best explained by a worldwide Flood.

[edit on 2/28/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The Ark can be visibly seen with Google Earth on Mt Ararat.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

L3: knock knock

BW: whos there

L3: laughable3

BW: come in laughble3

where is BW? He's already in -

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Incarnated, what is your Take on Group Entities.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What do you mean by group entity please?

This is the definition at wiki

In individualist anarchist discourse, a group entity is usually distinguished from an individual hominid, or animal groups from a single living being of any sexual species. All group-entities are assumed to have certain characteristics in common, most of them sociopathic or destructive to the interests of individuals.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
members.aol.com...

here you go.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Oh really? If it's so clearly seen why isn't it all over the news? Why are they still searching elsewhere?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join