It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gravity and the search for Dr. Ning-Li

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
remember that gravity holds the atmosphere down...remove it and air would start to bleed away

Gravitational vectors from source edge to horizon help prevent blowout, as well as atmospheric pressure.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
How Electromagnetic Propulsion Will Work

When cooled to extremely low temperatures, electromagnets demonstrate an unusual behavior: For the first few nanoseconds after electricity is applied to them, they vibrate. David Goodwin, a program manager at the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of High Energy and Nuclear Physics, proposes that if this vibration can be contained in one direction, it could provide enough of a jolt to send spacecraft farther and faster into space than any other propulsion method in development.

This seems remarkably similar to the concept presented by the missing Dr. Li. They seem to be referring to the gravitomagnetic effect of superconductors, and the formation of the lattice ions described by Dr. Li.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I do not think it is exclusively electromagnetic, and here is why.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

I think i can agree with you on that. However, keep in mind that given your expertise i certainly could not argue with you on much!!!

It would seem as though graviity and EM are shadows of each other.

The article is a good article, condensing the Wallace to Li timeline quite nicely. It is frustrating that the conclusion left us with questions, not answers:

Is a time varying gravitomagnetic field generated in the Tampere disk due to the horizontal time varying magnetic field used to rotate the disk, and does this result in a time varying gravitoelectric field in the disk, and possibly also in the space surrounding the disk, and could this result in exclusion of the earth's primary background gravitoelectric field as claimed by Henry Wallace? In addition, questions remain as to whether the gravitomagnetic field (from the Maxwell-like gravity equations) is of a large enough magnitude to produce the effects reported by Podkletnov and Wallace.

The big question, alluded to in this paper, is what it will take for non-specialized fields of physics to begin discussing gravity. I would suppose providing the analogue of the Maxwell equations being applied to gravity would be a good start.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
discusses some interesting "facts". If there are people who are more familiar with Maxwell's equations than me (not a hard feat, actually), perhaps they can chime in with input on the following:

While i wont pretend to know Maxwell's equations ( He used a mathematical system that were so complex that few in the field even tried to use it) i do have some thoughts/ideas as to the implications of some of his findings.

The author you quoted wrongly KNOWS ( as that's he he was educated to think) that the electricity really comes from the burning of the fossil fuels and that the creation of dipoles in generators and batteries are entirely 'coincidental' to the whole process of electricity ' generation'. Interestingly enough the following observations were made over a hundred years ago:

In the battery, the Poynting vector is outward, indicating
the direction of energy flow. ~Note the sensitivity of this
result to the sense of the current through the battery.! In the
vicinity of the conducting wires and next to the positive terminal
of the battery, S is parallel to the wire. Perhaps surprisingly,
S is directed from the battery on both sides of the
battery. Along the resistor R, the change of direction of E
outside the resistor causes S to change as well, gradually
turning from parallel to perpendicular to the resistor axis
~and entering it!, at its middle point ~zero surface charge!.

sites.huji.ac.il...

ex]In physics, the Poynting vector can be thought of as representing the energy flux (W/m2) of an electromagnetic field. It is named after its inventor John Henry Poynting. Oliver Heaviside independently co-discovered the Poynting vector. Usually, it is defined as

where E is the electric field, H the magnetic field strength, B the magnetic flux density, µ0 the permeability of vacuum, and µr the dimensionless relative permeability of the surrounding medium. (All bold letters represent vectors.)

For example, the Poynting vector within the dielectric insulator of a coaxial cable is nearly parallel to the wire axis (assuming no fields outside the cable) - so electric energy is flowing through the dielectric between the conductors. If the core conductor was replaced by a wire having significant resistance, then the Poynting vector would become tilted toward that wire, indicating that energy flows from the e/m field into the wire, producing resistive Joule heating in the wire.

en.wikipedia.org...

This
account obviously does not explain much about the circuit.
Indeed, in the Feynman lectures we read:4
‘‘We ask what happens in a piece of resistance
wire when it is carrying a current. Since the wire
has resistance, there is an electric field along it,
driving the current. Because there is a potential
drop along the wire, there is also an electric field
just outside the wire, parallel to the surface ~Fig.
27-5!. There is, in addition, a magnetic field
which goes around the wire because of the current.
The E and B are at right angles; therefore
there is a Poynting vector directed radially inward,
as shown in the figure. There is a flow of
energy into the wire all around. It is of course,
equal to the energy being lost in the wire in the
form of heat. So our ‘‘crazy’’ theory says that the
electrons are getting their energy to generate heat
because of the energy flowing into the wire from
the field outside. Intuition would seem to tell us
that the electrons get their energy from being
pushed along the wire, so the energy should be
flowing down ~or up! along the wire. But the
theory says that the electrons are really being
pushed by an electric field, which has come from
some charges very far away, and that the electrons
get their energy for generating heat from
these fields. The energy somehow flows from the
distant charges into a wide area of space and then
inward to the wire.’’ ~emphasis added!.

However, the result of such an application
and the resulting energy transfer in the circuit apparently did
not satisfy Feynman. He wrote: ‘‘this theory is obviously
nuts, somehow energy flows from the battery to infinity and
then back into the load, is really strange.’’4 Feynman, however,
did not persist and left the problem for others to find a
reasonable explanation. Can we say more about energy transfer
in this simple circuit?

sites.huji.ac.il...

Basically it's been know in Physics that the electricity flows into the conductor from the nearly perpendicular to it and from the direction of the created dipole; in essence the energy flow from a so created dipole flows in all directions for as long as the dipole is in existence.

I am unsure. This page has some of its "facts" wrong in other areas...but without being able to deduce the math, the logic of the above statement seems plausible.

It's in my opinion just plain wrong as it never mentions the fact that any dipole may in fact be considered a negative resistor with observable results in the physical realm. As to the 'power sources' quantum physicists have made it abundantly obvious that causality is apparently no longer important in physics.

As i find more, i will certainly post it. Thank you for bringing this back up again. With how my regular job has been, finding time and initiative for research is difficult.

Wikipedia has it's flaws but when it comes to physics and similar 'hard' sciences the editors clearly know their business. A few more questions are truthfully posed:

Electric currents in solid matter are typically very slow flows. For example, in a copper wire of cross-section 0.5 mm², carrying a current of 5 A, the drift velocity of the electrons is of the order of a millimetre per second. To take a different example, in the near-vacuum inside a cathode ray tube, the electrons travel in near-straight lines ("ballistically") at about a tenth of the speed of light.

However, we know that electrical signals are electromagnetic waves which propagate at very high speed outside the surface of the conductor (moving at the speed of light, as can be deduced from Maxwell's Equations). For example, in AC power lines, the waves of electromagnetic energy propagate rapidly through the space between the wires, moving from a source to a distant load, even though the electrons in the wires only move back and forth over a tiny distance. Although the velocity of the flowing charges is quite low, the associated electromagnetic energy travels at the speed of light.

The nature of these three velocities can be clarified by analogy with the three similar velocities associated with gases. The low drift velocity of charge carriers is analogous to air motions; to wind. The large signal velocity is roughly analogous to the rapid propagation of sound waves, while the large random motion of charges is analogous to heat; to the high thermal velocity of randomly vibrating gas particles.

en.wikipedia.org...

The generator moves an electric current, but does not create electric charge, which is already present in the conductive wire of its windings. It is somewhat analogous to a water pump, which creates a flow of water but does not create the water inside. Other types of electrical generators exist, based on other electrical phenomena such as piezoelectricity, and magnetohydrodynamics. The construction of a dynamo is similar to that of an electric motor, and all common types of dynamos could work as motors.

en.wikipedia.org...

Most modern generators with field coils feature a capability known as self-excitation where some of the power output from the rotor is diverted to power the field coils. Additionally the rotor or stator contains a small amount of magnetizable metal, which retains a very weak residual magnetism when the generator is turned off. The generator is turned on with no load connected, and the initial weak field creates a weak flow in the field coils, which in turn begins to slightly affect the rotor to begin to produce current that then further strengthens the field. This feedback loop continues to increase field voltage and output power until the generator reaches its full operating output level.

This initial self-excitation feedback process does not work if the generator is started connected to a load, as the load will quickly dissipate the slight power production of the initial field buildup process.

en.wikipedia.org...

Research certainly isn't easy, as main stream scientist proves over and over again by continuing in their area despite major contradictions and fundamental seeming flaws, but it's interesting and i will do what i can do explain what i think i know.

Stellar

[edit on 12-5-2008 by StellarX]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Look what I found in the cache!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So to summarize, Morgan's experiment seems to be the first independent confirmation on record of the existence of Wallace's kinemassic field!!! He used a half-integral spin nuclei material (Lead) that is apparently better for demonstrating the kinemassic field due to its higher nucleon number than what Wallace used (mostly Copper) and so he was able to use airgaps about 160 times wider and did not have to confine the field to a closed circuit. He used high angular velocity (95% of Wallace's) which caused a strong spin polarization of the powered flywheel. Morgan's experiment seems to be genuine proof of the existence of Wallace's kinemassic field, and is a much simpler way to test for its existence than Wallace's method. Since it demonstrates that Lead is a superior material for demonstrating kinemassic fields, it seems clear that this is what should be used as well in gravitational experiments related to the kinemassic field (such as [5]), as it is durable and not prohibitively expensive.

Independent confirmation of Wallace, eh?

Other than now having a better understanding of what Wallace meant by "kinnemassic" field, it would seem that the most interesting part of this is the possibility for the lay person to replicate the results.

That is a very interesting find, Matyas. Thank you for sharing it.

As well, in the context of this:

Morgan basically seems to have observed a gravitomagnetic version of something called the Einstein-deHaas effect, in which a freely suspended body begins to rotate on being magnetized [6]. The Einstein-deHaas effect is the inverse of Barnett's effect, in which uniform rotation of a body causes a magnetization which is proportional to its angular velocity [6]. In the gravitational Einstein-deHaas effect, a freely suspended body would begin to rotate on being spin polarized by a gravitomagnetic field.

Would this imply that the rotation of the planets might be due to where we lie in a gravitomagnetic field?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Nice
Filed

So ummm why does it come up "CONTENT BLOCKED" ?

home.att.net...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
By th way, BFFT, I would like to give you credit for posting an interesting piece of material. I may be very skeptical about the circumstances in which the sensational claims were made and absence of publications, but all in all it's a lot closer to real physics (even if wrong) than the theories of hollow Neptune, breathable atmosphere on the Moon etc. I don't believe in "AC gravity" claims but would gladly read any article, if it ever comes out, that tries to replicate the experiment. I've had enough of the Element 115 bull, your stuff is more interesting

That which you mock a gravity beam... is what was described in the above post a curl free a field within a toroid.. thats not fringe physics mr... Would you like some pat numbers or can you search for the josephson junction / magnetic interferometer technology already patented. I hate it when folks mock others saying thats fringe science when it is not there are a few great high temp superconductors out now and well hello have you heard of the levitron?
Joe

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Matyas

Nice
Filed

So ummm why does it come up "CONTENT BLOCKED" ?

home.att.net...
http://web.archive.org/web/20010112064400/http://home.att.net/~kfbrown/me.html
Problem Solved

Copy and paste the link. XMBoard doesnt like it.

[edit on 13-5-2008 by Xabora]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Saw this on another thread on ATS today..some general antigrav stuff and also comment from Baker on Ning Li

209.85.141.104...:JZgAVUEVLP0J:www.americanantigravity.com/documents/High-Frequency-Gravitational-Waves.pdf+military+gravity+wave+d etectors&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=nz

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Saw this on another thread on ATS today..some general antigrav stuff and also comment from Baker on Ning Li

209.85.141.104...:JZgAVUEVLP0J:www.americanantigravity.com/documents/High-Frequency-Gravitational-Waves.pdf+military+gravity+wave+d etectors&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=nz

the link doesn't work. i tried to resolve the issue but can't. I would LOVE to see the info, though.

I had an email exchange with Dr. Baker. he claims to have gotten her on with ARL, but that she stiffed them for half a million bucks.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Its available here...

On long links you need to use the insert function or it cuts it off

High-Frequency Gravitational Waves
American Antigravity

High-Frequency-Gravitational-Waves.pdf

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xabora
Problem Solved

Thanks

But if you noticed I said "Filed" I found it by pasting text... as I did with the pdf above pasted in the file name into google and Voila

Shhh it's a search secret

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Its available here...

On long links you need to use the insert function or it cuts it off

High-Frequency Gravitational Waves
American Antigravity

High-Frequency-Gravitational-Waves.pdf

Ahh, Dr. Bakers HFG waves. Yeah, he has been working in China on this project.

I don't think he has any Dr. Ning Li working this project, although one of the Chinese scientists does have the name Li.

He is very mainstream, but a well kept secret nonetheless. If you look at his pictures on his website, he certainly is a character.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

So am I the only one concerned that the Chinese are actually working on Anti Gravity?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So am I the only one concerned that the Chinese are actually working on Anti Gravity?

Not at all...or that the ARL has one of its chief headhunters leading the project? yeah, nothing to see here...move along

If it makes you feel any better, they ARE doing stem cell research and can likely grow you a new liver or kidney one day. Why not outsource our organ transplants to them?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Damn it .........sorry about link- thanks Zorgon. As for Chinese being into antigrav- yes I am concerned.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
reply to post by zorgon

Damn it .........sorry about link- thanks Zorgon. As for Chinese being into antigrav- yes I am concerned.

Dr. Baker is very highly regarded in the US. The DoD has him acting as a "headhunter" for young talent and concepts in the world of gravity. If you want to get a job as a DoD (namely ARL) researcher, this is the guy you want to cozy up to.

It is most concerning that we have sent him to work through his HFGW research. I swear, it almost seems like China owns the US, but only does things behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have another thread dealing with invisibility cloaking using a gold metamaterial. One of the teams that has figure that out, has also possibly cracked the secret to levitation:

Physicist Have Solved The Mystery Of Levitation

Professor Ulf Leonhardt and Dr Thomas Philbin, from the University of St Andrews in Scotland, have worked out a way of reversing this pheneomenon, known as the Casimir force, so that it repels instead of attracts.

Now, the Casimir force is not extensive enough to actually invoke anything reminescent of "anti-gravity". What we are talking about is keeping nano scale pieces from sticking together due to the Casimir force.

It is a force field version of lubricant for nano's.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join