It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well, today in London, there are, it would appear, some twenty thousand extra police on the streets. They are protesting about having been shortchanged by the Government in their latest pay award which normally takes effect in September, but this time it's only being paid from December, no doubt the cash is going elsewhere, like paying for the twelve thousand illegall immigrants with convictions currently held in our prisons.
Even if the World has not gone mad, England's Government definately has.
Love and hope to all,
Horsegiver.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I ha vent seen an increase here. LOL

I emailed and asked a few people around the country in major cities (WDC, Dallas, NY). No significant increases there.

I dont know what friend told you that, but im ASBOLUTELY sure there is more police patrolling the streets. Hell just last friday night i saw 20 police VANS pass by on my way to see cloverfield. I even got pulled over while waiting in the car outside of a restaurant for food. Theres definitely something up most likely to counter civil unrest.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Mexdude]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Not here on Long Island ... we have county police departments so its basically impossible for them to increase their presence in one particular area without leaving another without any police presence at all.

Earthman, these "Base Police" are civilians that will be "replacing" the MPs. The MPs are supposed to be losing the stateside garrison law enforcement function to civilian DOD cops .... the MPs will still handle critical facility protection, force protection and overseas garrison law enforcement.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ChrisF231]

thanks for the info. I live so far out in the country that the only time in the last 20 years I have seen a cop out there is when they came looking for a meth lab.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm thinking that the increased police presence in Phoenix has to do with the Superbowl being in Glendale this year. BUT, are they just being overly cautious, or do they expect something bad to possibly happen during the Superbowl?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have to think the increased police presence is about the economy. Maybe they're expecting a run on banks or something. I posted on another thread about going to my bank on Monday, the main branch downtown, and finding all the doors locked but one, with typed-up signs reading: Employee Access Only. Code Required. Weird thing was, we didn't see a keypad or any newly installed device where an employee could enter some code. I've been banking there for nine years and have never seen those doors locked down before. Inside, they had all the sun shades pulled down over the floor to ceiling windows even though it was overcast and snowing, so it was relatively dark in there. Point is, it was eerie. I asked the teller why the doors were locked, had they been robbed recently (no) and she simply didn't answer me. It was just a strange experience, and looking back on it later that evening, I couldn't help thinking that if too many people did come down to the bank in a panic, how much easier it would be to lock just one door quickly, instead of five.

Maybe it's just a coincidence that it coincided with the world market panic that day.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Or it could have been due to the fact that Martin Luther King Jr. day was on Monday, which is also a bank holiday.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Wouldn’t it make sense that there are some policemen/women on ATS…..if so…..care to help out the OP on the question….

[edit on 23-1-2008 by andre18]

Ive made a few posts in this thread about it.

It seems no one wants to hear about it and would rather believe a massive build up is in progress to take away everyones rights.

Ive explained how state and federal monies come down to fund extra details for things like DUI and seatbelt enforcement and how nothing of any real signifigance has been passed on about additional training nor increasing patrols or numbers. Not from within locally or on a National level.

People will believe what they wish to believe.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by kattraxx

Or it could have been due to the fact that Martin Luther King Jr. day was on Monday, which is also a bank holiday.

So, they were "sorta" closed, but open for business.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Could it be because of the recent primary in your area the reason for increased police activity? In my area I have noticed a significant increase of police activity also. We across America are seeing since 911 the development of the Police state and please count how many rights we as American citizens have given up since 911. Millions of individuals in The United States Of America are imprisoned and local jails are full to the brim.

Prisons are now big business 2 are going up within 3 and 4 miles from where I live. Privatized prisons need prisoners to become a profitable enterprise. Where is The United States Of America we long for? Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
yes i have, i live in a town in dublin and there are alot more police around!. Its like everywere u go you see them!!!. This has only happened within the last 4 months

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am in Raleigh, NC myself. I have noticed alot more police around over the last week. My room mate even mentioned it to me yesterday that on his way home from work he saw a ton of police cars. Way more than normal.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I live on Miami Beach and work in Miami Gardens about 1 block away from the Opa Loca airport.
On my way to and from work I've noticed that Metro Dade Police has parked a mobile police station, a converted bus, on NE 10 ave and probably 90 something street in miami, in front of a house with a huge yard.
There is at least 1 police officer in a squad car keeping an eye on the Police Mobile Station.

Also for the past few months I've noticed fighter jets taking off from Opa Loca Airport. More so than usual.
There was an a-10 warthog there in december. and I noticed that same warthog doing a patrol of miami beach like 2 days later.

there have also been f-18's flying in and out of the airport. they are freaking loud. so everytime one takes off you know it's not a regular jet.

Not sure what the jets are about.
But we have had several officers die in South Florida in the past few months and a increase in crime. I'm assuming the show of police force in our area is a result of that.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I live in upstate NY in a smaller city and noticed police riding double as well. There's been an unusual number of police surveillance in our area as well.

I usually keep an eye open in my surroundings and this is definitely different from the norm.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't think there is anything to this thread.

Since my post yesterday, I have counted the number of red lights I ran on the way home from work and it is up to,

37 red lights!!!

NO one stopped me or even noticed what I was doing...I even went through the trouble of passing a long line of cars on the wrong side of the street and ran a red light.

Nothing. All the way from Jersey City to Staten Island, NY.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So like I said in my first post I would pay attention in Santa Fe New Mexico and after a few days of watching I would say yes.

Not only have I seen more of a presence I have also seen heightened activity. What I mean by this is seeing people pulled over for routine stops on main streets, but rather than 1 police car be3ing present I have been seeing 2 or 3.

anyway that is the news from Santa Fe.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by harrymudd

Harrymudd, it is O.K. to go thru a green light you won't be noticed if you do. The next time you run a red you could be dead as the slogan goes not to mention the other drivers you hit and could kill. Passing just be careful you never know where a hidden police car is lurking. Rik Riley LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

NO....

You don't understand...

Yesterday I went through 37 RED LIGHTS and did not see one police car.

I have not seen any unusual police activity. I was not stopped.

Nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There is always a need for more police force seeing as the public continues to grow, trade (including drugs), and crime continues...

this is nothing new.

plus the criminal justice degree is one sought after by many people who in turn use it to become police.

I hate those piggy's...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
well, i live in Monterrey Mexico, 2hrs from the border with US, and the army has got control over some cities at the border, they are in charge now of the security not the local police, and 1 or 2 weeks ago they send 500 special forces soldiers to one city at the border they said all the military movement is cuz the drog cartels but who knows, also in my city i have noticed alot more police than normal.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by harrymudd

You sir are a hazard to other motorists. Taking the lives of others into your hands isn't exactly the best way to conduct "research". Your driving privileges should be revoked indefinitely. Nobody has ever been killed by a red light, only by those who don't stop at them... and you intentionally ran 37 of them!? Are you trying to build a case against Darwinism or something? Drivers like you make my palms sweat as I drive my children to school.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join