It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
No in fact our local PD is short 37 officers and 12 units. I see less cops in TX now than ever before. Less DPS as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I can't say that I have noticed an increase of police out in my rinky dink little town. But my hubby tells me that CES (consumer electronics show) was going on from the 7-11th in Vegas. That show typically brings in 150,000 people. With that many extra people they would need more police out and about.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by MaMaa]

CES was actually pretty quiet this year. That being said, if that were the case, they would have extra cops around the convention center, up and down Paradise Rd, and on the strip.

I live in Summerlin, a good 15 miles from the strip, I've noticed them here as well as out in Henderson which isnt anywhere near the convention center.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am going to try to get pictures of large number of military vehicles stored at a fire-training center, right next to a regional emergency management center. I am scared to do it. This is where I got two of my tickets.

I hope to post them tomorrow night on my similar thread Three signs of looming unrest.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
kinda atleast theres been alot more in areas where you normally dont see too many idonno if theres more but there might be.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
They all dress in bullet proof vests and jack boots too.

I have noticed that here in San Diego too. They are clearly adopting a more militaristic and aggressive attitude. Something is definitely coming down the pike.

Or....it might be the fact that more and more insurance companies are refusing to insure officers individually or departments as a collective unless the wearing of bullet proof vests is written into their rules and regs.

Basically, if you dont wear a vest and are shot, the insurance trust will NOT cover you. Say goodbye to benefits to you or to your family if you get killed.

Not everything is a conspiracy waiting to happen or the NWO slipping on their Jack boots in preparation for kicking butt.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
West L.A./Marina checking in. Nothing new. But then again, helicopters 24/7 are the norm. Cops are all over as usual, but they don't do anything to keep people from driving like idiots.

Went downtown for a hockey game tonight. Also nothing unusual. Could be explained by the rain. The streets are a lot quieter during rain here.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yes I have noticed that, but I wouldn't think to deeply into it. Statistics show, or at least where I live that there has been an increase in crime. See due to immigration increase, and inflation there has been allot of illegal activity. Simply put someone needs to bring home the bacon somehow, and when you can find affordable housing you get desperate...then people resort to drug dealing, theft etc. So in response the government has dispatched more police officers in a hope to bring down the crime rates.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
There is massive Police presence in Australia everywhere I or my family have been. Police have been stopping and searching people in malls and shopping centers too- even kids!

What? Where?
I live on the road as a service tech......... I thought all the cops were still on leave after xmas

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
More paranoia!

(that was my original message but it was deemed too short to contribute to the discussion, personally I believe it was short enough to make the point!)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yes, although PHOENIX has traditionally had heavy Police presence, I have noticed at least a doubling (if not triple) of Johnny Law cruisers and SUV's mostly in the Central corridor which consists of Downtown, Mid-City and Uptown Phoenix from about Washington Street thru Camelback Rd. between 7th Street and 7th Avenue. They usually are just staked out or on normal patrol for standard DUI and traffic issues, but lately on numerous occassions - they always seem to be in a hurry and bolting around. Hmmm... there is something "in the air", you know that that odd feeling of calm before the storm? I hope and pray I am wrong, or riht if the extra cops are here to truely do their jobs and protect/help us.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Here's paranoia: The OP is a disinfo plant to geo-locate members!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
i live in brooklyn in a not too bad neighborhood and i am not used to seeing more then maybe 5 patrol cars a day. recently (about 3 or 4 dyas ago) i have noticed a significant increase in the number of patrol cars around. now i cant walk around the block without seeing at least 6 or 7. and auxillary is now carrying 3 or 4 officers instead of the usual 2. not only that but 3 people in my neighborhood have been aressted for being outside after 10pm with no I.D. they were jsut stopped and asked for I.D. when they were unable to provide it they were taken in. im not sure if this is just some new way to cut down on crime or they know somethign we dont...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by areyosicker]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I live in Fresno, California and the police department alone hires about 20 new officers every six months or so. They all goto special operations, Gang, Probation, Parole "Tactical" teams, and Metro units, none goto the field to take normal field calls. Since 9/11 our police force has more then doubled! This does not count the surrounding cities, the sheriffs office, or CHP. They sure are making the money though so at least that is good for them (yea right!), meanwhile crime is raging out of control, though somehow their annual "stats" get lower and lower, (I guess cooking the books gives the captains and deputy chiefs something to do while at work though). Oh and boy do they hand out the metals and awards for every little thing they do! The MIC sucks it hard!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Nothing here in New Zealand apart from the usual speed taxing going on...
Saw an unusual police operation on monday though, but seemed like they were waiting for something.. someone probably did a runner and they were setting up a road block.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Australia, Melbourne…….sorry haven’t really seen any dodgy police activity or an increase in numbers…….(maybe it’s because I don’ get out of the house much)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I wonder if everyone who has seen increased police activity has also seen increased military flyovers or military presence in their respective cities since the first week of January - also, have there been increased sightings of UFOs in your areas?

Chutso

As a side note:
I hesitated to say anything, but I will... I am an american living in Morocco. The West has been building up the military here for the past two years very, very intensively, and the police force has at least doubled during that time - along side an enormous proliferation of Gwen towers. I have not recently noticed more cops patrolling than usual (which is a lot, in general), but I have noticed a lot more military (airforce?) flyovers since about January 10 and increasing over the past few days. There is no airforce here, so that would mean it is either from France, England or the US? There were even sonic booms. This is unprecedented activity in this country. I don't know why, but I feel there is a connection of this increased military/police presence with UFO activity (to wit, the Stephensville sightings and others over the first and second weeks of January). I could be completely wrong, but my intuition tells me there is a connection somehow.

[edit on 23/1/08 by chutso_ha]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead

Originally posted by BlackViolet
Greatly increased police presence here (Queensland Australia)...

Queensland. Beautiful one day... Overrun with cops the next!

Can't wait to move to Noosa... Unless it is gonna be a bacon convention in which case... Nup.

Hello DogHead,

Noosa is beautiful,lived there once,

Actually i was thinking about this thread today and i remembered that in the
past two weeks that i had seen three marked cars on the same day in different locations and that they were all federal police,never seen those cars before,hmmm,
A little while ago we had some economic meeting with some world leaders there and we even had snipers in trees (cops,army),the roads blocked off and such which was more inconvenient than anything,

We even have the cops testing drivers for drugs now using some little tongue scraper thingy,

Best advice for Noosa,Dont have four of your mates hanging out of a slammed Commodore with the stereo on 11

Cop magnet++,

Regards

BV

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Wouldn’t it make sense that there are some policemen/women on ATS…..if so…..care to help out the OP on the question….

[edit on 23-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Scarborough, Yorkshire, England (UK)...

I was driving around town two days ago, and there were a total of ten police vehicles parked or driving within a one mile strech of road. I have never seen that many police cars/vans in any part of town. The strech of road has some superstores on it, and a large number of houses.
Over the last week, I have noticed huge numbers of police officers on the beat too.
One interesting point is that the police here are no longer wearing the high-visibility jackets they used to. They are all dressed in the dark blue garb they used to wear "back in the day". I'm graced with the ability to notice things, and when I pointed the jackets issue out to a couple of associates, they too commented that they have noticed an increased police presence, and that all officers were now wearing dark clothing.
The town centre (which is pedestrianised) has a minimum of six officers patroling on foot at any given time. I have noticed, in addition to this, that there are another three police vehicles parked very close to this area of town at any one time.

It was once pointed out to me that terrible truths take place in the light of day and in sight of all, because we have an inability to consciously grasp what seems fantastical or impossible, until it is too late...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well I live right outside of DC and not to far from Baltimore and I have not seen any increase from the norm around here;but then again I have not really been looking all that hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join