It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm in the UK & haven't been out into town much so can't comment whether there are more Police around. However, maybe the recent stock market plummets & the comet approaching Earth are related. I'm not suggesting they definitely are, but what would happen if a small number of high ranking people knew that it was going to hit the Earth?

Sell stocks because the market would die once news was finally released?

Buy gold (physical gold, not stocks), food, etc, & head for the bunkers?

Send out more Police to get ready to quell the civil disturbances?

Seems odd that all of these things seem to be occuring together - stock market crashing, increased Police, comet approaching, UFO activity increasing, etc.

I guess the clues (if it is going to hit) would be big orders for food from certain quarters, increased buying of gold, high ranking people disappearing (probably on holiday at the same time), etc.

Just a thought, there could be nothing in it.

On a lighter note, has anyone seen the youtube video of the drunken Hoff quaffing a burger

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Let me start by saying this is a drill. Just a paranoid alert to keep all of us up on the adrenaline rush. I make NO claims here, and this is just a thought exercise. No reason for alarm, as it's just a passing thought of the "what if" flavor.

There is now a rock headed for the real estate we currently posses, or at the very least, close to it. There's a lot of open questions on this either hitting Earth or having some other interaction. (Look for the other threads, you people are smart enough to find them here on ATS.)

Now consider this: if said rock was a pretty sure bet of causing damage to some great degree, wouldn't it be likely that there would be an increased police presence? Wouldn't part time police be called up, and made aware of the patrol area? Wouldn't "they" want extra cops on hand and ready to work at a moments notice, or even on patrol during such an event?

We're all aware of just how scared the PTB are of a public panic. It would seem reasonable that even if this event were just a possibility, "they" would want to be ready to contain things should it really happen. Any group in power likes having a cop on every corner when things go sour.

And the "boys in blue" on the ground would have no more information than the average Joe, at least till the last minute. That way, if nothing happened, there would be no need for explanations even to them. They would be told how they have just upgraded their training, blah, blah, blah.

Just something to think about.

I had an interesting thought on my way to work this morning while listening to a financial update:

"If I knew for sure that there existed the possibilty of an asteroid hitting the earth, would I sell my stocks?"

Maybe the Elite are cashing in thier chips? If so, certainly they would need a little extra security. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here in south florida also what do you think is behind it? You know the UFO presence is increasing also...I saw Bill Oreilly last night reporting on UFOs thats when you know there is increasing presence.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Maybe it is going to hit & be catastrophic. Are the UFOs just here for the show, going to remove high ranking officials to a safe place, or save the Earth?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
nothing out of the ordinary here in central MA, wrocester county, leominster, lunenburg , fitchburg, bolton areas. im all over central mass at any given time.
just the usual suspects, a few state cars, local 5-0's , and the [not-so-inconspicuous]undercovers...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dshut69
Maybe it is going to hit & be catastrophic. Are the UFOs just here for the show, going to remove high ranking officials to a safe place, or save the Earth?

...and there'll be a sign upon entry stating, 'Your ego must be THIS BIG to board this ship,' said by a lifesize cut-out of an alien (or Tom Cruise) with arms stretched wide, of course.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They only accept gold as the fare. Stocks, bonds, & American Express not accepted.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't want to go on a ridiculous rant, especially not to hijack the OP's thread. BUT! I would think that if these things were connected, then we could point to any one of the threads on this site that predict the end of the world and predict these various things. We do have an increase in credible UFO reports, a collapse in the global markets, one that looks to be orchastrated, as well as a sudden "readiness" of our local military, police, and "shadow"-gov't troops. A sudden clash of religious and non religious forces. Even if this meteor doesn't hit, why is the gov't taking these steps? I think I should start a thread on what it might be like to actually wake up one day and have any of these scenarios actually exist. What if aliens are the devils troops? what if we are a cosmic truck stop. What if the iluminati/NWO are real? what about the Aztecs, Incans, Egyptions? what about the Bible code, or even the Koran. Or Nostradamos, and that Dude who used to get hypnotized and tell about the future and heal people and stuff? One day, one or all of these theories are going to be real. And we are going to look out of those secret concentration camps/ from a passing planet X/ from a secret underground survival cave, and be glad/ sad about the fact that we followed these threads in the first place. Jason

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Where I'm from, Central Michigan, we too have noticed an increase in the number of police. Today alone, driving in the car, we say two separate sets of police cars one of which displayed some odd behavior. Heading eastbound one cruiser suddenly pulled a U-Turn in a local general store pulling a one eighty heading westbound now. The other cruiser, as if synchronized made an immediate right an accelerated south. Both cruisers accelerated quickly in their new chosen directions. I just found it odd behavior is all, especially couple with the increase police presence. Four separate cruisers in one day is unheard of really. I wonder if it really does mean anything or if this is just us all noticing it subliminally, at the suggestion?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

All in quiet in around Wichita and I drive past the major airport every day. I would think that considering McConnell Air Force base and number of aircraft companies and airports in general around Wichita you'd see something. But I haven't noticed a thing.

Maybe its something related to the coast lines.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by EndOfFile]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here in North Texas ive just started noticing an increase in police presence. I didnt really think about it untill I saw this thread. On any given day I might see 1 or 2 cop cars and one or two cars pulled over. today however I saw a total of 6 cars pulled over by the police. 3 or 4 cops parked on the side of the road, including 1 parked on the side of highway 75 and a number of cop cars going through resedential streets. interesting...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

In reply to his post I also live in north texas and have noticed over the past several weeks an increase in cop activity. There used to be 2 cop cars at school now its been boosted to 4, as well as 3-4 new cops patrolling areas I am generally around.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EndOfFile

OK, as mind exercise; what would make coastal areas need more "protection" than other areas? Tidal wave and looters? Invasion point? Population density?

I'm trying to get my head around the places where activity out of the usual is happening at this moment. And see if I can get a handle on why it might be needed.

It's much like trying to solve a missing person without a body or a motive.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, yesterday (22nd) i had to ride to my mates house, in the neighboring suburb, usually, there wouldn't be any police at all, but, i saw 6 different police cars in a space of 2 hours. This is in Gladstone Park, in Australia btw.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

OK, as mind exercise; what would make coastal areas need more "protection" than other areas? Tidal wave and looters? Invasion point? Population density?

I'm trying to get my head around the places where activity out of the usual is happening at this moment. And see if I can get a handle on why it might be needed.

I asked myself that same question, and theres no reason to think Vegas is any more of a target now than it would have been in the past.

My memory was also jogged today as in the past week I have seen 3 Chinook choppers flying around town. Not exactly something really common for Nellis AFB.

I have lived in Vegas for 6 years, and I dont think I've seen 3 Chinooks in that time, but just this week there has been that many.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hmm, how close does everyone live to military bases? My campus is about 30 minutes away from the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, Va and it seems like other people who are noticing strange behavior have some kind of base near them.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I would think because of the access to ports and most of the major cities are all located near water. It might be easier to slip in.

Also there hasn't been an increase in traffic at McConnell.

Just thinking out loud.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by EndOfFile]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I was just outside, it's dark here now, and I noticed two military choppers coming up from the South, heading North, probably up from Camp Pendleton.

You could tell they were military by the rumble.

They were coming in low with red lights forward and as they passed directly over suddenly there was only one.

I'm going, WTF?

I didn't see or hear it veer off, it just wasn't there anymore.

I followed the path of the remaining chopper, walking around the garage to keep it in view, scanning in the vicinity for it's partner until it faded from sight.

As I turned and walked back to the point where I was standing when the chopper "disappeared" I looked off to the South East and on the horizon I caught sight of the, what I presume was the second chopper, now with it's running lights back on.

I'm not sure how they pulled off the cloaking thing but it worked pretty good.

Just as it went directly over me it must have killed it's lights and banked sharply to the right, who knows why, but it was heading back South by the time I picked it back up.

Maybe they had their flir engaged and caught sight of me giving them the bird and decided to mess with my head.

At any rate, the point is, the overflight activity around here, has seemed to pick up.

I should point out that I live under what I presume would be a near direct flight path between Pendleton and 29 Palms, so seeing, or hearing, military flights isn't that unusual, especially the big choppers.

But these two were flying fast and like, ghetto-bird low, you know?

[edit on 22-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Has anyone notice any increases in patrol flights over near the nuclear planets? I know when I lived in Cleveland you could see them criss crossing the sky because of Perry.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nope,
Here in Atlanta we have a decreasing police presence. As a matter of fact, it's so bad that communities have taken to hiring private security companies to police their neighborhoods. It's real bad down here, because barely any of our cities have adequate budget for anything. And to make it worse, one city in particular down here is about to cut their budget by 50%.

Maybe they all went to vegas.... and lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join