It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I live in Las Vegas, and there has been a noticeable increase in cops all over town in just the last week or 2 at most.

Anyone else finding this to be true?

Any idea why?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, damn. Take a look at jack's post over there, and the resulting convo. Hearing you confirm this in Nevada as well is troubling. Alright, we need all out input here. ATS everywhere, please report noticeably increased police activity, if you feel it is really out of the norm.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have been seeing more cops around Raleigh, NC recently. But then again, I can't remember if I usually see this many. Just today three of them were driving in front of me, and these days I seem to see multiple cop cars every day. But I dunno, anyone else seeing more cops lately?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Wow, I'm getting creeped. Yes, I am jack of the above menetioned thread, and I just stumbled in here by chance.

Yes, a serious increase in volume of poolice patrols, and a serious shift in tactics that ocurred just today.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, damn. Take a look at jack's post over there, and the resulting convo. Hearing you confirm this in Nevada as well is troubling. Alright, we need all out input here. ATS everywhere, please report noticeably increased police activity, if you feel it is really out of the norm.

Oh, hell didnt even see his post.

I've noticed all over the Vegas area, the city of LV, Henderson, as well as North Las Vegas.

It's so noticeable, even a friend called me yesterday to ask if I've seen alot more cops than usual, so I know I cant be the only one who is suspicious of the increased cop activity.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Strange. My son is a "long term" patient at a local hospital in a small city of 85,000. My wife and I are there every day, in and out at all hours. We've gotten to know the routine of that place pretty good.

Today, for the first time, I saw not only more security guards than normal ambling about in the hallways and parking lots, but city cops cruising in the parking lot. (Cop cars are almost always in and out of the emergency room area, and nowhere else.)

Also, the security there is unarmed except for mace and whatever "hide outs" they might have. Today, as I walked past one of their vehicles that they drive in the parking areas to catch smokers, I saw a shotgun on the backseat. (I laughed to myself that maybe they were going to start really getting tough with the no smoking on the property rule.
)

I have no idea what this means, if anything, but it is interesting that other people are seeing such things.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Security guards cannot be armed while on duty unless they have a special license issued by the state. Well, in NY anyway. Furthermore, going from unarmed to armed guards is a big deal. You have to sign a whole new contract, get new insurance policies, etc. You will probably have to shift security companies altogether or completely gut your security staff as well.

[edit on 1/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I can understand the "terror alert flag" going up this week because of the probable Stock Market panic tomorrow; news leaking out about asteroids closing on Earth AND Mars (near misses?)in the next week, and a couple of other choice tidbits that will have break cover in the next day or so. I intend to stay in touch with ATS forums for the real news. ATS members, don't fail us now. Please continue listening and posting any developments.
I really think 2008 has snuck up on us....

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There is massive Police presence in Australia everywhere I or my family have been. Police have been stopping and searching people in malls and shopping centers too- even kids!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
INCREASED POLICE PRESENCE IN U.K CITY

I have customers in my shop. I've been in the shop for 7 months. I've only seen 2 police officers in during that time, until last week. I was doing the normal shift I do, so nothign strange could happen. I saw a 300% increase in just two days.

For the first 6 months (more than that actually) I saw 1 police officer in the shop.

I've also noticed in the past few weeks, increased nubmers of police on the streets.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
also near raleigh, nc here...i haven't noticed any more than usual. in any case i'd attribute it to a lot of people having a long weekend and they're just patrolling more to keep people in line. =)

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As pointed out in the ATS thread mentioned above, I've noticed the pairing of officers here in Colorado Springs as well. My wife and I both commented the other day about how hard it is now to find an officer riding solo. Used to be the opposite, if there were two officers, there were two cruisers.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
CapeCod, Ma:

Yes, increased sightings of police cars all over and not parked at Dunkin Doughnuts.

Edit: silly spelling errors.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
I have been seeing more cops around Raleigh, NC recently. But then again, I can't remember if I usually see this many. Just today three of them were driving in front of me, and these days I seem to see multiple cop cars every day. But I dunno, anyone else seeing more cops lately?

Same here and I live near Fuquay Varina I saw way to many police out yesterday then normal, and the past 2 weeks it seems to be picking up more. Not sure why though.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Any chance this could be related to the increasing price of gas? Maybe they are just doubling up to keep more cruisers in the pen.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
YES!!!! OMG YES!

Stockton, Ca.

Cops EVERYWHERE in my town. For a long time I have been upset at the lack of police presence in Stockton. But just over the past week now they are everywhere!!

What the hell is going on? I think it is time for me to ask an LAPD friend of mine!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have been out of town for a few weeks so I have not been on the streets much lately here in Santa Fe NM but I will keep my eyes open and report back what I do, or do not see. I mostly replyd to this thread so it will be easily tracked in myATS page.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well, as for where I live: Home Town of George and Laura Bush, no, I have not seen any surge in the police force here (Population 100,000+), but do ocassionally see Laura Bush coming and going from Midland. My sister and her husband own a restaurant here and Laura Bush will frequent it with her mother and secret service, who go in beforehand and clear the place, clear as in" All is clear...bringem' in."

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
No increased police activity here,all is as usual,unless you take in consideration a freeway chase

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
i stop at the local cafe.. every morning for coffee.. and there are usually only 2 officers who stop in and have donuts and coffee.. but the last few days.. there have been 4 and 5 of them.. whats going on.. a shortage of donuts???

<<   2  3  4 >>

join