It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Very interesting, this is a good observation because I too live a good 30 to 45 min. away from Beale AFB, one of the biggest AFB in Northern CA. So......so far we have a major increase in police activity in the Residential/Suburbs that are around military bases.

I hate to say it but one of the possibilities that keeps popping up in my head is that they are preparing for an ET False Flag Operation.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm in Albuquerque, NM and we have Kirtland Air Force Base and Sandia National Laboratories within the city limits on the south side, Los Alamos Labs is 90 miles north and I haven't seen any increase in police activity. In fact, the number of police officers on the street in Albuquerque are far fewer than what is needed.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes, I've noticed this here in Washington state. Which some say is a 'police state' anyway. The city(where I am closest to) also discussed the need for more police before the new year. Looks like they met their need. Interesting to see others have noticed this, especially when it seems like we have enough police already on forces.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
its funny, just today i said to my girlfriend "have you noticed how many more cops have been around for the past two weeks?"

im from Toronto, Ontario here, in Canada.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As someone who works fairly high in the field we are discussing let me address this by saying, gas prices are forcing officers to team up, also if any of you are noticing certain trends...try calling and asking your police department. Just say you noticed increased presence and ask if you should be concerned. Or if you as a citizen should be taking upgraded precautions....Tell them you are concerned!

Some of these statements are vague at best, but another thing is employment levels are public information, so if you are trying to say there are more officers than normal...look to see.

For the person that said "There is a new kind of police officer, not military police but base police. DOD guards have been around even before I was in the military in 1989....So I do not know what you were trying to say....

Another thing is some of you know or know someone who is friend or family of a police officer...ask one of them.....

As for me I have heard nothing, but that does not mean anything...I will pay closer attention.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I can't speak for the town I live in, because I commute 55 miles to work everyday, and am gone twelve hours a day. But I can say that there is a VERY noticable increase in the highway patrol presence in southern California. I was pulled over once myself two weeks ago. Don't know if it's relevant or not, but it is indeed happening on the freeways in California. This is fact.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I couldn't help but notice that a few posters in this thread have indicated an insufficient, even decreasing police presence. While the opposite is true for me, the geographical areas indicated by those who have observed a decreased police presence may be construed to have a thing or two in common...

With Atlanta and Albuquerque on the mind, one could connect more than a few dots with the subject matter here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by birchtree

If saving money on gas by teaming up was the objective, wouldnt we notice LESS cops on the street? The number of cars would be cut in half, yet I, and many others are seeing more than normal.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm in Nevada not to fare from Vegas and have noticed more more then usually, well to me honest I don't sit out side and count them but its noticeable. But where I live its relatively small so it would seem like a lot.

Well Not much could happen here that I could think of at the moment.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Even here in Schenectady there is an increased police presence. They have already hired some new officers, and they announced that they will be adding 10 more as soon as they can hire them. That makes 18 new officers within the last 3 months. Something big may be coming down.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My county actually announced a hiring freeze last month, but the deployment of state police in the region has been re-oriented to augment the activities of local departments.

I also suspect that the county executive will pull some "end run" around the projected defeciency in the budget that called for the hiring freeze. State funds have been going directly to local depratments for system upgrades.

Shift in tactics remains noticeable today.

I haven't gotten a traffic ticket in seven years, but now I've gotten three in a row. My vehicle safety inspection was up on the New Year, but I decided to wait for my mechanic to come back from vacation to get it done, so I could get some other maintinence done at the same time. In the meantime, I got three seperate tickets for the overdue inspection, from three seperate departments. The second one I got coming back from the courthouse to drop off the first ticket! The third was within a few hundred yard of where I got the second!

[edit on 1/22/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i have noticed that not only in the past weeks, but for several months in the lower mainland area of B.C. Canada, nearly all of the municipal police departments have been increasing in size, and projecting a stronger presence

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by birchtree

For the person that said "There is a new kind of police officer, not military police but base police. DOD guards have been around even before I was in the military in 1989....So I do not know what you were trying to say....

Another thing is some of you know or know someone who is friend or family of a police officer...ask one of them.....

Most bases have civilian guards at the front gate now. It so the military police can spend more time patrolling the base itself. I live on a military base, so I don't see it as a big deal at all. The military police still make gate checks - randomly thruout the day. Hey, its more jobs for civilans!

On your 2nd point above. I did ask some of my cop friends (most of my friends are cops, feds or military) and I asked some "civilian" friends who live in big cities. Nobody has reported an increase.

So, maybe it is some cities who got a big budget and hired a bunch of new cops. Very plausable - but would be information the public could easily obtain. Either that or as I said earlier, its just people who are more aware because so many people are afraid of a police presence or are looking out for cops more.

Im leaning towards the later.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Your increase in tickets could be a direct correlation to the increased need of revenues by your city or town. Just a thought. We have speed cameras installed at many of the major intersections and those ticket fines are higher than if you're stopped by a police officer.

I'm married to a police officer and a long time friend is the Under Sheriff in our local county. There's been nothing on the blotter, nothing indicated in briefing and nothing mentioned about gas consumption, though I think the person who posted that has an excellent point.

I have noticed some new tact plans running but that often happens once a certain number of complaints have reached the mayor's office about any given problem in any given area of the city.

I also have a family member who is in law enforcement with DOD and there has not been an increase in their patrols or tact plans in or around the base area.

Our guys are doubling up so we're seeing more two man units but that's because a high number of vehicles are in need of repair and the maintenance yards are backed up and sometimes officers are without their patrol cars for up to a week and have to ride with another unit.

I certainly don't doubt that others are seeing an increased police presence in their cities and I'll keep checking the blotter and other sources but I'm not seeing it here. At least not yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
They all dress in bullet proof vests and jack boots too.

I have noticed that here in San Diego too. They are clearly adopting a more militaristic and aggressive attitude. Something is definitely coming down the pike.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I am always acutely aware of police presence, and have been since I was a child, living in this same county. I can remember when the town I am in now didn't even have its own police department.

The sudden shift in tactics yesterday is what most unnerved me. The City Department of the county seat has rode doubles for more than a decade because their methods are more militant. To see this shift in surrounding departments bothers me because it signals a shift from community servant to reactionary militia.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Long time lurker here, but I joined specifically to mention that I noticed an increased presence here in Phoenix, AZ (not too far away is Luke Airforce Base). I normally have a very short drive in the mornings, but these past few days i've noticed more and more, and different types, of police cars. This morning, while a passenger in the car, I noted a pair of police officers wearing vests and ball caps while cruising around, which is most unusual for my area and the climate. Also, I saw a police car from a nearby city in my area just crusing around, which is also unusual. This past week I've also seen a few police vans and Fire Department SUVs.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by writtenimage]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
edit to remove post

[edit on 22-1-2008 by Ketzer22]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
No noteworthy police activity in the inland empire at the moment, at least not that I've noticed.

I have observed that police activity seems to ebb and flow at times.

When I lived in Desert Hot Springs, CA (meth hotspot) it happened whenever the sheriff's narcotics task force came to town. Usually you'd hear it through the grapevine that a friend of a friend knows somebody who got raided, and then you'd start to realize that you were seeing more cops, and seeing them in the residential areas and back roads, not just on the main drag.

I assume what was happening is that the department went to bigger and longer shifts and focused on generating traffic stops in areas where they expected to find people with drugs, thereby generating intel for the narcs to make larger busts with.

In other places I've seen them shift their focus to different neighborhoods just to calm the nerves of tax payers after a high profile crime.

The thing to look for is not just increased police activity, but correlation between the places where you see it and the things you see them doing and current events. Are you seeing police around banks more often that usual right now, and if so, have you checked to see if maybe there is a "hot season" for bank robberies?

or are you seeing more police in places where there are more registered guns? And if so when did it start? Was a gun control bill proposed in the state legislature around that time?

A few examples of correlations that would disturb me:

If some nasty little germ breaks out in asia, and we start hearing concerns that a pandemic is about to start, and then I start seeing a noticeable police presence around hospitals and schools, in cities that have major international airports, like they were getting ready to respond to a crowd control problem on a moments notice: that would bug me.

If there was a really contentious court case about to be decided- maybe a race related one for example- and I started seeing a lot more police in minority areas- I would be worried that the police thought a riot was coming.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I can't say that I have noticed an increase of police out in my rinky dink little town. But my hubby tells me that CES (consumer electronics show) was going on from the 7-11th in Vegas. That show typically brings in 150,000 people. With that many extra people they would need more police out and about.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by MaMaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join