It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Really? Now the issue is w/ the color of the vest?

Yes, it is a very significant issue in the psy-ops at work. I am gratified to have elicited your disdain. It appears like clockwork.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Of course it's not the duty of the police to provide jobs. But at the rate we are going in this country, all of the jobs will be shipped overseas except law enforcement. Half the country will be cops, another 40% will be in prison, and the last ten percent will be starving to death in the streets.

By the way, I should also add that there are plenty of cops who are not on the job to serve the community either, and the trend is growing. These guys live for the intimidation factor.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
One other thing I felt compelled to comment on.

How old is the comment "You can never find a cop when you need one"

Yet now the people who claim a greater police presence are the ones complaining!?!

You cant have it both ways folks. A greater presence is a deterrent to crime and even violations that you might think are trivial.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

So would you be more happy if they wore PINK vests? Would that make *you* feel better? LOL

I mean, come on. Is a standard color for many things - including their shoes....their belts...their sunglasses. LOL

Whether its blue, black or pink. You are going to have the same negative reaction to them wearing it. You refuse to listen to someone who is in the profession explain why they are wearing them.

Good grief. LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Well, that may be true. But that is NOT the problem of the cop. People need to be accountable for their own actions and stop blaiming others. Dont break the law. If you dont like the law as it is, work in a proper way to try and change it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Oh, look at that.

You can get a vest in BLUE.

www.bulletproofme.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

Putting our lives on the line for puppet masters? Please. We go out so you and your children can live and go about your lives with as little intrusion from those who seek to rob your of your goods, your rights, even your lives. I serve no one but my community and my fellow officers.

You can play the wrong game for all the right reasons. I'm not saying there aren't a lot of good cops out there, but the system is flawed.

The only intrusions into my life lately have been from law enforcement. Two weeks ago I was run off the road by a "low-pro" just so he had an excuse to check if I had been drinking. I had not, but he still felt the need to get me and my friend out of the car and harass us for the next twenty minutes.

Can better leadership help to reduce crime? I for one hope so but again, it will never be eliminated. So while the threat remains, we remain in place ready to SERVE the community not sever it.

I agree that crime will never be eliminated. There always have been and always will be punks and rabid psychopaths to contend with. But I think most of what we define as criminals today would not be if it were not for poor economics.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Oh, look at that.

www.bulletproofme.com...

Yes, all the more reason to question the use of black in areas where the traditional blue colour for law enforcement is the norm.

This is of course simply one small part in all of the games being played to militarise local law enforcement. The Blackwater Standing Army of Mercenaries understands these things well. And, of course, President Bush and his lackeys will have Blackwater coming to a locality near you as they did in the great gun grab in New Orleans after Katrina.

They have all studied Goebbels very well.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Calling your Congressman is not going to put food on the table tonight. Then there is the whole cycle of poverty and ignorance perpetuating crime. No one is doing anything to stop it, in fact the people who have the power are making these problems worse.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
First post on the boards and I am a Police Officer. There has been no increased patrols in the North Alabama are.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

How old is the comment "You can never find a cop when you need one" Yet now the people who claim a greater police presence are the ones complaining!?!

Good point there.

A greater presence is a deterrent to crime and even violations that you might think are trivial.

This is disagree with. There have been studies done which indicate an increase in criminal activity not just arrests, as a result of increased police presence.

But I don't want to get into a chicken vs. the egg argument here.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I drive all over LA and Orange County everyday. and today 1/23/2008 Wed. I saw more cop cars in 1 day then I see in a week. It so wierd that I saw this post the same day. Maybe, something's going to happen...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, damn. Take a look at jack's post over there, and the resulting convo. Hearing you confirm this in Nevada as well is troubling. Alright, we need all out input here. ATS everywhere, please report noticeably increased police activity, if you feel it is really out of the norm.

Yea, I live in Iowa, and it's a major city and I've seen cops frequently within the past 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Oh, look at that.

www.bulletproofme.com...

Forget about the vest, I'd like to get the guy wearing the vest.

But seriously, the police is meant to uphold the 'law', protect and serve the public. We 'citizens' clearly outnumber their presence by far. Think about that -- a mob of angry, hard working folks with unpaid tickets!

[edit on 2008-1-24 by pikypiky]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Police Uniform: Style and Color

The above is just one of many such articles that can be found detailing the relationship between colour and uniform as well as civilian versus paramilitary style.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This is disagree with. There have been studies done which indicate an increase in criminal activity not just arrests, as a result of increased police presence.

If you could point me to such a study I would really like to look at it.

Its quite simple actually. You drive to work every day on a highway at 75 MPH in a posted 65MPH highway. Starting last week you notice an officer parked in the same spot each day during your route to work. You notice this of course because of a thread on ATS about increased police presence.

So now as you approach that stretch of road each day, you make sure you slow from your usual 75MPH to the posted 65MPH. The cop is a deterrent.

I dont recall many banks robbed with a cop in line to make a deposit.

Just how a greater police presence INCREASES crime is baffling to me and I would really like to read about it if you could find the data.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Harry - You do realize that when it comes to running red lights, many places, especially NYC rely on traffic cameras. If any of the red lights you ran were equipped with them, you will just get a series of tickets showing you running the red lights and asking for your money.

Keep up the good work and good luck with your drivers license at this point. :S

[edit on 1/24/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
In response to the OP, YESSSS!!! GOD YES! For the past six months the cops patrolling Mobile, AL have been crazy. I got 8 tickets in the last six months on some bull# things.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic

Its quite simple actually. You drive to work every day on a highway at 75 MPH in a posted 65MPH highway. Starting last week you notice an officer parked in the same spot each day during your route to work. You notice this of course because of a thread on ATS about increased police presence.

Perhaps if cops actually did the job people think they do and didnt spend their time working solely as revenue agents for their jurisdictions, people might not actually think lots of cops is a bad thing.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
more and doubled up here in so cali desert...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join