It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else noticed increased police presence in their cities?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Thank you for the polite insult. No, it is not my intention to hurt myself or anyone else. I have been driving for 26 years - no accidents - no tickets.

The point of my running 37 lights yesterday - and I plan on doing the same thing today - is to see if there is anything to this thread.

I see no more police than normal. One would think that I would have been stopped some time yesterday and I was not.

So, I don't think there is anything to this thread.

That is my only point. I have seen responses here about "civil disobedeance" "revolts due to the stock market etc..." I think all of this is a little "OUT THERE".

That is all.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harrymudd

Harry, but I do understand precisely what you meant. What part of the country are you from and do you drive a firetruck, emergency vehicle or police car yourself? Rik Riley

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You, my friend, are "out there."

Please find a more suitable and less fatalistic way to survey an increase or decrease in police presence other than putting other people's lives at risk by running red lights.

Next thing you know you'll be telling us you robbed a Circle K or 7-11 just to see if you would get caught and that will help you determine if a police presence is on the rise.

You need to change your research methods.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Jacks56]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Oh, ok. "Sorry Judge, I was conducting research to see if there was anything to a discussion I was engaged in on a conspiracy website. I had no intention of anyone driving through the opposing green light, as I ran the red". That will surely get you off the hook should you happen to kill a family while you're on your "quest for truth".

You're endangering the lives of every motorist and passenger around you, because you haven't observed the same things as other people have claimed on the internet. Wow, this speaks volumes about your character, not to mention the amount of common sense you've acquired in your 26 years of road experience. Do you really believe that in order for something to happen to you in the future, that it must have happened to you in the past? I mean, that's your "logical" justification for blatantly ignoring the most commonly understood traffic regulation on the planet (red light = stop), isn't it. It's ok because you've been driving for 26 years and have never been pulled over, or had an accident. Guess what, before I was involved in my first accident, I had NEVER been in one before!

What you are doing is ignorant and dangerous. If you want to endanger yourself, fine, but try and keep your reckless ignorance from putting the lives of others in danger.

I'll now disassociate myself from this thread, as I'm on course to getting myself banned.

To the OP, and all other contributing members, my apologies for contributing to the derailment of this thread.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hello all, Marilyn checking in from the dirty south. I live between Savannah, Ga and Jacksonville, Florida. The last time I saw increased law enforcement was when the G8 convention was held on Sea Island, a few miles from my home.

A friend came to visit this morning and said the police were everywhere she looked. She lives 45 miles from me.

I went to the bank I use yesterday. I knew the teller and noticed she couldn't stop yawning. I asked her if she was OK and she said she was very nervous and had taken something to calm her down. Of course my reason for going to the bank was to see what was going on and I asked her why she was so nervous. She just looked at me and shook her head. I then asked if a lot of people were making withdrawals. She looked around and quietly said yes. I also made a withdrawal.

There is usually one security guard in the bank. Yesterday there was a patrol car at the front and back doors and two policemen in the bank.

Have seen no increased air traffic.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I must thank everyone for their polite insults. Very well done.

I have read every post on this thread. Almost everyone has stated that "yes" there are more police on the streets and they have cited their reasons - from civil disobedeance over this administration to the supposed stock market crash and others.

My response is quite simple. I see no increase in police presence.

I love how my little experiment has brought out the "hollier than thow" crowd. No one is going to tell me that they "never" ran a red light. If so, I gotta say B.S.

I don't see any point to this thread. I live a few miles from where the WTC was. So in the city where 911 impacted all our lives, I see no increase in police activity.

So, I do not see how any of the explanations posted here can explain an increase in police anywhere.

Furthermore, any increase in police in my area and I would have been stopped and ticketed.

So, I don't believe in this increase in police.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If you don't see an increase in police in your area thats fine. There have been others who posted they haven't seen an increase. However whether you believe or not doesn't negate the fact that others do see an increase in their neighborhoods, myself included.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Harrymudd I have lived in the area I am reporting from for over sixty years. I can assure you that I would notice an increase in police activity.

I have done a lot of things to get stopped for but running a red light is not one of them. I have never run a red light. However my son was in a serious accident due to a driver that did run a red light.

I am truly sorry you believe we posters to this thread are liars. It is your privilege to do so.

You have been a member of this board ten days. That isn't much time to get to know the other members and make a reasonable decision as to the merits of their posts.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrymudd
I don't see any point to this thread.

Yet you feel the need to participate...

Originally posted by harrymudd
So, I don't believe in this increase in police.

If you've truly read every post, then you are aware that you are not the only one who has NOT observed any change in police activity in their area. It was established several pages ago that not every geographical location is affected in the same way. Not getting pulled over after running 37 red lights in *your* area does not mean that someone on the other side of the country who claims increased police presence is making false claims. With logic like this, your career as a researcher will be short lived. You've established, for yourself, that in your area, there is obviously a shortage of police on traffic patrol, nothing else.

Bottom line is that you've made it quite clear that you don't think there's any merit to the topic of discussion at hand, and your input has been acknowledged. Would you like everyone else to retract their previous observations as figments of their imaginations? Your methods and logic are both severely flawed, and the scope of your ridiculously dangerous little experiment is entirely too narrow to cast blanket statements as you have.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have been a member for a while and a lurker for even longer, yet this is my first post. I work in Seattle a little south of Boeing Field and I live in a little city called Bonney Lake. This is a little over an hour each way for my commute. I have definately noticed an increace in state patrols as well as local city police. At home, I am in the McChord AFB flight pattern and often see C17's, Blackhawks and occasionally Chinooks and Hueys flying directly over my house and in the general area but have not noticed an increase in flights lately.
One thing of note though, a salesman I work with today said that he was in the Federal Way area (midway between Seattle and Tacoma) and was briefly behind what he said was a white with blue trim Toyota Landcruiser (he was not positive of the make and model), but it had the UN symbol on it and on the bumper were the words "all protector". Does anyone know what that is?

[edit on 23-1-2008 by tallcool1]I forgot to add, the letters "UNLJC" were on the vehicle. He wrote all of this down because it seemed so odd that there was a UN vehicle driving around. He also said that he tried to catch up to see if there were any other markings on the side, but they sped off at a high rate of speed.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by tallcool1]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Could it have been UNJLC instead of "UNLJC"? Because UNJLC stands for United Nations Joint Logistics Center.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by 1Angrylightbulb]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Today i saw two police motorcycles and a cruiser parked at the freaking public library. The motorcycles were parked as close as they could possibly be to the main entrance. I also happened to see another police van leaving the parking lot, but there didn't seem to be anything going on to warrant that kind of presence. The library IS right next to a fire station, so would they naturally be hanging around in the general area, or is this part of the unusual activity people seem to be reporting? This all seems very strange.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by writtenimage]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Blackwater has been training our police nationwide. The NATO/UN troops by the thousands are already here training and living in abandoned governmental facilities......for starters. An event is coming that will trigger martial law. They know that the police cannot be trusted to fire on American citizens as the National guard can't either due to several polls taken during their training. Therefore, Blackwater and UN troops will be used. Street Gangs will band together to start a crime wave and we will want martial law while we protect ourselves.......they know what they are doing...........there is more, but you have the idea.

reply to post by slackerwire

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

An increase in flights could just be a regular military exercise. They are normal and dont mean anything but what they are called - and exercise. That is how they train.

I live on an Air Force base. Sometimes we have jets taking off day and night non stop for days on end. Sometimes a week can go by and not a single jet takes off. Schedules are NEVER the same (at least here).

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mexdude

Lets see. I have friends who live in NYC...and family in WDC and Dallas. I have friends who are cops in WDC/MD/VA and Dallas.

Nobody is reporting an unusual increase. I asked them specificallly because I read this thread.

Guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

Again, it can easily be verifyed if there is an actuall increase. Increase costs money - and well more hiring. I have seen a number of suggestions - all you have to do is go find out - make a call!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

By doubling up officers what happens is a lot of times units have to cover a beat more vigorously because of the lack of another patrol unit (which really does not save gas). Also what can happen is a patrol unit will have to criss cross beats, this can show a false higher presence.

Once again it has to be one of these things, a lot of budget constraints are on going right now and that does not equal more officers in the field.

Like I said there is always the ability to view a departments highering levels, this is a clear cut indicator of finding the truth.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I guess you should not have waited on that inspection. Although the other two officers who gave you tickets should have given you time to get your inspection.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I am going to have to give you the green light on everything you said.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Yeah I wouldnt want a bullet proof vest in San Diego who needs one of those with one of the largest beefs among motorcycle gang chapters and over 100 documented gangs. Even Point Loma is getting a little stupid at night. So I dont know why cops there are fitting out to protect themselves. The only thing coming down the pike in SD is cops trying to ensure they get home to their families at night

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Now that could be something to watch for.......Remember a lot of fire training is also conneceted with emergency planning exercises. This in turn leads to someone we should all be watching.....FEMA

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join