It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yea i am concerned,your not the only one...Its just funny that the couple random times i mention the world ending to somebody,they always tell me about a dreamthey had of a a fireball in the sky,people screaming etc....hmmmm ive had my share of dreams and i cant lie,Ive seen the same things to.

I live on the east coast so im worried if there may be a tsunami...earthquakes would be bad to since im in an apartment.

I dont know,like i said im lazy right now..i know its not hard to google search thisinformation..I guess im hoping somebody on ats will do ir for me

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If Rand is going to keep rolling out the white papers....I guess it would only be polite to keep reading them....

Redirecting Asteroids as Weapons

"The discussions examined idealized meteoroids at sizes having effects that would be of tactical interest in conventional warfare. The impressive effects on earth of past large meteoroids suggest the possibility that natural objects—earthcrossing asteroids—could be used as weapons on a scale more suitable for strategic deterrence, as are nuclear arsenals. Such notables as Carl Sagan, in discussing means of preventing catastrophic natural collisions, have expressed concern about the possibility of deliberately deflecting an asteroid toward earth as a weapon..."

just another tidbit to go along with satellites falling from the sky and asteroids that could be nudged. Anyone else think there might be some who would love a chance to test these theories on a wandering asteroid that just happened to present itself? I'm not suggesting that 2007 TU24 is going to be used as a weapon in any way...I merely raise the issue of a "test" being possible. Findings of such a test might also be helpful if future objects that are on a collision couse with big blue here were identified.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oooops....sorry Zorgon.....I was posting at about the same time you were....it appears we are searching in the same directions......my apologies for restating your post before I had seen it.

Peace.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Whole and hazel covered in chocolate.

I find that Harvard's numbers and NEODys numbers jive just fine for 2007TU24. NASA? Show a little safer.

Let's see... wink. If there were a covert mission to TU24 for whatever reason... how long might it take to complete and return? How about a month? Don't know. Blue sky... any takers? Would that fit? Could that fit? What could fit? What's the truth? Maybe not an uncontrolled NRO sat re-entry but perhaps a very secure one for someone and some thing?

It sort of could be... nah. We'd know about it.

Vic

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I mean seriously now! how long does it take for a satelite to already be falling and not hit the earth yet? where is this satelite at anyway? how far is it from earth? I dont get it,now that whole story sounds a bit odd.

Are they gonna wait till impact of tu24...then say OMG heres the satelite we warned you about...If you want my honest opioion one of these two is prolly so called Wormwood.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSonOfMan

Various unconfirmed reports have it at 285K or 177 miles altitude. It is still unclear what precise satellite and orbit are involved. It's the net... whaddaya gonna do... LOL. Once you get below 200 miles without a boost you are coming down, how long it takes depends on how much inertia it has versus the increasing atmospheric drag. If it's really there and it's really unpowered... it's coming down.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 27-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Yo Vic thtnks alot. I saw in another post that the satelite was supposed to hit late february or early march. So i assume since the dates arnt matching up with tu24 we can take it easy. But who really,really knows.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If you are the gevernment, what would you rather tell the people of Earth, an asteroid 600 meters wide slammed into the Earth or a spy satalite came screaming in (complete with toxic gases) and hit the Earth. If you say it was a satalite, the people go, "Wow.!" If you say it was an asteroid they go crazy, and commit all kinds of panic and kaos. The government loves the nice cover story, that's why they talk about it when they talk about the asteroid. Like this...

News item (pretended)

announcer reads..

An asteroid about 600 meters will fly near the Earth on the Jan 28, but an old spy satalite may hit the Earth... news at ten.

Who really buys the cover story thing anyway.

BTW I checked the impact page and put in the numbers for a 600 meter rock and it will leave a 10 mile wide crater and cause significant damage to the surrounding area.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't want to confuse the issues/thread of the satellite and the asteroid but, it strikes me as inconsistent that there are a few of these

Earth's other Moon Wiki

"things" (plural because there is more than one) orbiting the earth and the sun at different intervals....some of it considered space junk....and yet they aren't falling to earth.

I am assuming that the path of this satellite is much nearer the earth for gravity to have its way with it which is why the sky is falling vs. this other orbiting asteroid/space debris tbd stuff that continues to orbit and then eventually goes on its merry way.

Back to 2007 TU24.....

[edit on 27-1-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSonOfMan

No... for sure. But it is out there at only 21,000MPH relative. We (humans) have traveled in space faster than that even with the Apollo platform. It's just so close you know? Follow it away...

Go up there in something "black" and either take twenty tons of mass from orbital junk or break off a hunk of the TU... set up a tiny guidance and thruster system and set it on auto for a gravity tractor. MIC coffee money. Use a smaller orbital loop and burn thrusters to fall back to Earth all safe and secure covertly as the NRO unit. Something like that...

Vic

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just checked the Iris Seismic Monitor and there were NO Earthquakes today. I hate when that happens a Big One usually follows no activity.
Atleast that's what I've found.

www.iris.edu...

What sensitive equipment is being powered down for TU24 approach?
Why is sensitive data being back up to multiple locations?
Does anyone know if the website below a legitimate source? It claims the military wants to 'play it safe'

www.tu24.org...

If these questions have been addressed than just ignore. I'll go back and read.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Ditto on the things being backed up and things being shut down. I am not rethinking to where I imagine it will hit, just out of curiosity as to why they do this. Where are ya, Vic?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I see the threat level is back to level 2.

Seems they cant make their collective minds up.....
Maybe some sort of oscillation?

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juicy

Ditto on the things being backed up and things being shut down. I am not rethinking to where I imagine it will hit, just out of curiosity as to why they do this. Where are ya, Vic?

The worry is an EMP... or Electromagnetic Pulse... similar to what happens when you set off a newk........ fry's all electronics........ cars are useless etc etc etc

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
What sensitive equipment is being powered down for TU24 approach?
Why is sensitive data being back up to multiple locations?
Does anyone know if the website below a legitimate source? It claims the military wants to 'play it safe'

www.tu24.org...

The kind of equipment that can't be verified?
Is it? Or should I say isn't it anyway?
Yes, them.
That's what it claims.

I am skeptical... to be kind about it.

Your questions are quite natural... M'.

Vic

EDIT: This seems to be more about a new website now than a celestial event. LOL.

EDIT: It's UTC 2:49, do you know where your asteroid is? Beer?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't know if this vid was posted yet.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I'll risk a one liner. Perfect. ThanK you Pluck'.

Vic

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been reported yet, but someone in another thread related to tu24 has said a meterorite crashed in france today.

what if this is coming from the approach of tu24.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news...i just thought id bring it to everybodys attention.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
I don't know if this vid was posted yet.

Good find.. a star for you Pluck

Maybe peeps can relax

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Truthfully maybe hes's just covering up for the dudes over at NASA.

or maybe he's legit...I dont know.

For now im done posting on this topic until after the 29th.

but i'll be checking in to see what news may develop.

~TSOM~

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join