It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

It is the sign of the times. So many are disillusioned, disfranchised, and overloaded, yet there is no end in sight. It is a wonder civilization has not already come to a halt like a deer frozen in the headlights of an oncoming truck.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Actually this was mentioned on CNN just the other day, it was the bottom headline runner which said something along the lines of: "An asteroid will make a near earth encounter next week, it will not hit earth" (paraphrasing)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
YOu know if this thing did hit by some coincidence, I would just like it to do a bounce of the Southern hemisphere first, then skip over to North Americs & before anyone can get away, Land Smack On the Whitehouse..

PS...

While GWB is in the can!!!!

That is not a very intelligent thing to say.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

Looks to me like the beer talkin'. Hasn't been known to make people wise ya know...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
You know for some of you, I think you want the asteroid to hit and destroy our planet. Why is that? Why are so many of you infatuated with the end of the world?

Just asking.

Thanks for that. Excactly what I'm thinkin.......God knows i hate my kids, father, and all around me.....I'm loving your observation......Is this what you wanted?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by dgtempe

I personally wouldn't put a great deal of faith in that site. If I wanted to start a site and get a lot of hits, then I would pick an event/non-event that would spark interest to get it noticed to start with.

Then, when nothing happened, I would have a ready explanation for why everything went OK. But in the end, I would have a little loyal base of followers that I could try to build on with future scare mongering.

Just my opinion.

Wow this would make a great analogy for ATS - wonder how true this would be.

Perhaps someone offering a little to my previous experience of what to do..

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I am getting a little annoyed that this thread is turning into a slag-fest.....it was never my intension to frighten anyone..... and this is still my position.............
Can we please keep it civil? All those that have debated , analysed etc , I can say its been a pleasure......... get 'er done.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Same thing happened on my thread with comet Holmes. Hence that is why I asked my question. I didn't mean to offend, and I certainly hope you were being sarcastic in your last post.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Remember to keep it civil and watch the one line posts in this big thread.

And stay on topic please.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

. I didn't mean to offend, and I certainly hope you were being sarcastic in your last post.

Yeah well I was.... and I apologise.....Gettin a bit testsy.

I just dont need this

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ok boys and girls...

it will be around 8-10 am on the morning of January 29... look up at the sky before that and watch what happens! It could hit or it won't; who cares, it will be a great show either way! whooo!

Lt. Ryan "German" Van

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Dont know if somebody here said that before in this super-huge thread.

But could this be the reason for the start delay of STS-122? The actual start date is the 7. feb. Exactly then when the asteroid is already about to fly deep into space, if its not gonna to hit earth.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by allMIGHTY

How about starting a new thread, then: say, "The Watch" or - "The Countdown"?
(Just joking
)

It would be easier to navigate, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Why all this bunkum about this object, its not going to hit Earth, and will probally not do anything other than continuing on its journey through the heavens. Solar flares couse far more disruption to our electronics but I dont hear any panics over that. No there are those who want to be scared, those who do the scaring and those with the common sense to read between the lines.

Even if this object hit so what, do you all really believe that the planet Earth is any different than any other object in the universe,its nature so get over it, natural events occur if we like it or not. Yes there may be a time were we could build bollide obliteration shields but not yet so just get on with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Doing my morning check-in today! And I see that everything still looks okay. All of the animals around here seem to be enjoying themselves. Another day of no worrying for me
Has anyone checked their egg today!?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am not as worried about this as I am about a toxic sat. will be crashing down on us next month or in March. Now that is much more scary. If we are lucky maybe TU24 will grab this rogue Sat. And give it a ride. Dont we all wish.

I figure this way IF TU24 was going to hit us there isnt crap we could do. So I guess we are better off to just sit back and get prepared for something that may be far worse then TU24.

Maybe this is our wake up call so we now can learn how to prepare for the big real thing coming at us. Which will in Feb, or March.

Unless if I get bad feelings about something, I dont worry much and TU24 isnt giving me that. If you see animals running or acting strange and you get a bad feeling, run in the direction they are going in. Other then that we are ok I guess.

So for now my advice would be any preparations you are doing put them up for the real thing, lets just hope the Government gives us all at least 12 hours warning on the next real hit. That way we can sit in our bunkers, If we have one, or head for the hills.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hey J'!!! More than one observation today from NEODys. I like that.

E MOID still holding at 0.00099. 2007TU24 has safe passage.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Woowoo! With all this info I feel like I have gotten a raise!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think this thread is responsible for my migraine headache that i have had for two days and cant get rid of no matter what i do: Next stop, the hospital for a Demerol shot.

As i sit here with my mouth hanging open, not turning my head for fear my head will explode, the birds are singing outside my sliding door while the snow falls. Its quite a spectacle to watch. I dont think i ever saw this before.

On topic, so are we still safe?
I'm wondering if the headache has anything to do with impending doom

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

More likely you are suffering from THINKING about doom.

I still think there's very little to fear from this one. The next one, or the one after, or somewhere down the cosmic highway, yes. But I think you are having the jitters because some guy wanted to get a website off with a bang.

new topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join