It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
You have a religion called evolution the most perverted science ever invented supported by nothing but junk evidence.

which you use* to get kids to act any damn way they please with the morals of an alley cat. It is Atheists working with the ACLU working with Nambla and other sick sexual ideas and all this Ive shown you is just a fraction of the idiocy that is on almost every Atheist website I see.

WHAT?!

So you are calling us atheists child molestors now..? Are you going to back that up? It's directed at us.*
[..and not just the authors of what you posted].

Shall we talk about all the compensation tha vatican is paying out to sexual abuse victims then?

[edit on 17-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
And before anyone jumps on me about it not being 'all atheists,' I understand this already.

Noted.
Unfortuantly Conspiriology did not bother to show respect and make that distinction.

But from reading the above and the emails I personally receive it is enough to make my skin crawl sometimes. It's disgusting.

Wackjobs aren't fussy about what flag they fly.. so long as they're hating somebody.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by Conspiriology

Damn, Con. That is some very scary stuff. Remember me telling you about those emails I receive through my Christian website about murder and rape threats? I hesitate telling people about it because I always worry people will think I'm putting on the dramatics, playing a victim, or flat out lying but the quotes you cited from the petition are pretty much along the lines of what I receive on a weekly basis. I used to ignore, delete, then block them but now I forward their info onto my site host company. Pretty scary stuff indeed.

And before anyone jumps on me about it not being 'all atheists,' I understand this already. But from reading the above and the emails I personally receive it is enough to make my skin crawl sometimes. It's disgusting.

Oh Ashely,, thats the mild stuff and I haved had this info for a long time but never wanted to put it out it is so absolutley repugnant.

The only reason I did is I am getting sick and tired of madd making excuses for Atheism when clearly,, he doesn't know a thing about them.

He makes excuses for it as "being an internet thing" like that makes it null and void. While that stuff is hard to look at it is US that has to "sympathise" and understand why they get offended looking at the baby jesus in a manger. If that isn't the biggest crock of BS. This is why I don't turn the other cheek anymore.

I was at South Phx Baptist when during the service 5 of them stand up asking questions real loud about the virgin birth calling it the immaculate C-ntception. The guy was right in front of me and I told him to sit down,, before he could get the words "make me" out of his filthy mouth I dropped em right then and there. Then the Church had to bond me out of jail.

If it happend again, Id do it again.

- Con

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Oh Ashely,, thats the mild stuff and I haved had this info for a long time but never wanted to put it out it is so absolutley repugnant.

The only reason I did is I am getting sick and tired of madd making excuses for Atheism when clearly,, he doesn't know a thing about them.

There is no 'them'.

Atheism is just a word that categorises people who do not believe in god/s.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I can't believe the vileness of the people's minds who posted that stuff!!!
What hatred. and Bitterness of heart.

Sam Harris said what?
CRAZY!!!

For you Cons;

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
con, you took a quote completely out of context...
what harris said didn't mean "let's kill christians" it means that there are some people that might just believe you should kill all christians and letting them live might not be the best option.

It's nice to know you Atheists don't have category. So I guess this is the sentiments of the ONE true Atheist.

...reread my statement
did i ever say anything of what con implied?
...no

Sorry madd I saw the quote when he first came out with it, it wasn't till his damn asscociates told him to back off the hate speach that atheists are notorious for.

...yeah, no
not so much
see, hate speech by your standards seems to be anything that criticizes what you like
i've agreed that science must destroy religion...you think that's hate speech because you don't understand the context.

the context of "science must destroy religion" is that rational inquiry and free thought must destroy the idea that belief by faith is virtuous...
hell, science destroying religion doesn't even tackle the existence of god...
god could theoretically exist as an acknowledged, scientifically proven being in this situation.

That is why he came up with that lame excuse for saying it. Which by the way makes NO sense at all.

very little seems to make sense to you when it involves reason.

You always have an excuse even when you're dead wrong.

...when i'm wrong i admit i'm wrong.
i've even acknowledged my own fault several times.

I say you think we all came from Magilla Gorilla and YOU got to go past the faceteous statement and correct the idea that is not what evolutionist think AS IF YOU ARE SCIENCE. The fact is andd LISTEN UP MADD! DAWKINS SAID WE ARE APE!

...gorillas are apes but not all apes are gorillas
humans are apes but not all apes are humans
we share a common ancestor with gorillas, but gorillas aren't our ancestors.
this shows how much attention you were paying in biology.

HIS EXACT WORDS

Got it??

got what?
your entire failure to grasp very basic concepts of science like the difference between an ape and a gorilla?

As for the conspiracy??

What you expect us to believe YOU??

YOU ATHEISTS??

Like you would admit it HA HA HA

stop
yelling

i expect you to prove something.
and honestly "atheists" aren't a cohesive group...something i've repeatedly pointed out and you've repeatedly ignored without proving otherwise.

It's EASY to see that is what you guys are up to and if you don't thinks so then I suggest you start telling all the atheists website owners out there to quit saying things like this.

(snip a lot of ignorant posts from internet trolls)

That was one of the mild ones.

all i can say is: welcome to the internet
you get the same type of idiocy on "fundies say the darnedest things" but i don't take that as evidence that all christians want to rape, brutalize, and commit acts of genocide against atheists.

and ya know you almost every damn atheist site I see is filled with the same idiotic juvey hatred

it's
the
internet
get used to it

yet YOU wanna say we are causing our kids child abuse for teaching our kids a Christian lifestyle and NOT to talk like Atheists.

look into some psychology on the issue. there are academic papers that prove that certain forms of religious indoctrination are quite traumatic.
like the hell houses...

then we have THIS idiotic statement where she blames US for having to go through extra security AS IF WE CAN TELL WHO THE ATHEISTS ARE.

..you can tell that they're the ones at the atheist convention...

While you tell me what you THINK you know about Atheists THIS Atheist goes to conventions to hear more about the "stuff" they don't believe in and I guess that "Single Position" you talk about takes an entire two hours to explain to the group that isn't a group all organized by the same organization that isn't an organization.

...atheists like to share ideas.
watch the four horseman discussion (dawkins, dennet, harris, hitchens)
the mend disagree on so much yet they share atheism in common.

You wanna explain that ??

people, even those that are fiercely independent, enjoy sharing ideas with people that hold similar world views...
and these conventions are hardly attended when you consider the number of atheists in the world...

Then she makes another claim about Christians all wanting to shoot the Atheists in fox holes (as if) like we would know by the tatoo on their forehead that they are atheists.

no, but in some small towns they tend to be singled out because they aren't seen at the local church.
there are many ways people tend to find out about people being atheists...especially when we don't want to live our lives closeted in our lack of belief.

Or that the Scopes trials she so profoundly refers to was predicated on Piltdown man which was later to be found BOGUS manufactured evidence and the trials should be overturned.

doesn't overturn dover...

While you make posthumous excuses for the statements made by Sam Harris, their are plenty more saying that same thing.

...harris is dead?
oh, you just don't understand what the word "posthumous" means...

the bad behavior of the group that needs to tell everyone what they don't believe in yet it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they REALLY believe. They think they are smart, I think they are pathetic.

...i think you have nothing more than insanely hateful drivel to spew out and a bunch of ad homs to regurgitate. i think you like to use a few idiots on the internet as an excuse to justify your hatred of a minority group because you really have no concrete evidence to hate the whole of them.

You have a lobby a new Atheist insignia, weekly meetings where all they talk about is Chritians and how they are going to stop them.

...of course we have a lobby, every group has a lobby these days
...we have several insignias, because we can't agree on one
and weekly meetings?
um...not really...

You have a religion called evolution the most perverted science ever invented supported by nothing but junk evidence.

you don't even understand the theory you criticize so shut up
honestly, i don't see how the hell you've been left relatively unwarned by the mods for such ignorance and slander.

which Atheists use to get kids to act any damn way they please with the morals of an alley cat.

...yeah, i've debunked this.
can you please show me where atheists are less moral than...hmm...let's say clergypersons...i'm quite sure you'll find that the average atheist is more moral than the average member of the clergy
and atheist marriages are less likely to end in divorce as well...how odd, eh?

It is Atheists working with the ACLU working with Nambla and other sick sexual ideas and all this Ive shown you is just a fraction of the idiocy that is on almost every Atheist website I see.

...actually, the ACLU Nambla thing was merely the right for Nambla to say what they want...
not the right for nambla to DO what they want
sadly for my ears, everyone gets their say, not just those that we agree with
unfortunately for them, i don't have to listen and no matter how much they say it, they're still criminals if they do it.

So much for number one

you've yet to prove that yet you're so arrogantly full of yourself that you just push aside a point...

honestly, i'm just going to say this now, in light of this idiocy, i'm challenging you to a tag team debate.
you choose a partner, i choose one.
a mod can decide on the topic and ground rules
care to accept my challenge?

[edit on 3/18/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

yeah, no
not so much
see, hate speech by your standards seems to be anything that criticizes what you like
i've agreed that science must destroy religion...you think that's hate speech because you don't understand the context.

THE FBI DOES and they were very interested in 42 of the sites I sent them information on 7 came down so far. Ill work on the rest. I feel it's my civic duty

very little seems to make sense to you when it involves reason.

So you agree with what sam said? mmm Nice to know

...when i'm wrong i admit i'm wrong.
i've even acknowledged my own fault several times.

HA HA HA yeaaah ok pfft

PROVE IT

IT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN,, MACRO EVOLUTION IS BUNK

stop
yelling

Sorry can't hear you

all i can say is: welcome to the internet
you get the same type of idiocy on "fundies say the darnedest things" but i don't take that as evidence that all christians want to rape, brutalize, and commit acts of genocide against atheists.

Yes you do. You do it every opportunity you get. Knowing there are exceptions to every rule you might find a few Christian websites saying such things but with Atheists,,, the exception is a site that DOESN'T talk so evil

it's
the
internet
get used to it

No it's Atheists on the internet and you are right it's typical of them so I am used to it. I expect no better from the so called Science community anymore. Pity

look into some psychology on the issue. there are academic papers that prove that certain forms of religious indoctrination are quite traumatic.
like the hell houses...

ANY indoctrination can be dangerous so what

..you can tell that they're the ones at the atheist convention...

Guess they need to re-think the way they "challenge peoples world views" eh? I mean after all if everywhere I seen them and BTW seeing one is enough if I have to listen to the same "KILL GOD AND ALL CHRISTIANS!"

I don't call that a challenge to my worldview. I call it the same thing the FBI calls it Political HATE SPEECH. You guys need to get a hobby or something but sitting around sharing atheist talk (hating christian talk) is only going to make you very unpopular.

...atheists like to share ideas.
watch the four horseman discussion (dawkins, dennet, harris, hitchens)
the mend disagree on so much yet they share atheism in common.

I have seen all four discussing "Atheism" and ya know what discussed?

Christianity,, ISN'T THAT UNSUAL??

people, even those that are fiercely independent, enjoy sharing ideas with people that hold similar world views...
and these conventions are hardly attended when you consider the number of atheists in the world...

Speculation

no, but in some small towns they tend to be singled out because they aren't seen at the local church.
there are many ways people tend to find out about people being atheists...especially when we don't want to live our lives closeted in our lack of belief.

Cry me a river

It will because it is case law,, they're working on it.

While you make posthumous excuses for the statements made by Sam Harris, their are plenty more saying that same thing.

...harris is dead?

Since harris wants Christians dead for their beliefs, hence the sarcasm and the use of the word Posthumous.

...i think you have nothing more than insanely hateful drivel to spew out and a bunch of ad homs to regurgitate. i think you like to use a few idiots on the internet as an excuse to justify your hatred of a minority group because you really have no concrete evidence to hate the whole of them.

you really have no concrete evidence to hate the whole of them.

You mean I need more???? I would think you would have at least SOMETHING to say about that hate the Atheists have been putting out BUT WHAT DO YOU DO !! YOU BLAME ME FOR HATING! BUWA HA HA HA HA

Madd forget it dude you're a waste of my time, you couldn't be honest when the proof is right infront of you. When it is, you say it isn't enough I show more,. you say I am doing it to justify my hate. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PROOF, DON'T ASK TO SEE IT.

You think I liked looking at that garbage they put out.

...of course we have a lobby, every group has a lobby these days
...we have several insignias, because we can't agree on one
and weekly meetings?
um...not really...

I got to two Atheist meetings a week and thats why I tell you you don't know a thing about them. Not every group has a lobby and yours does because it wants to advance it's Atheist Ideology,, you know what they don't believe. Then you say you have no belief so then I guess it is to advance the ideology of "Nothing"

you don't even understand the theory you criticize so shut up
honestly, i don't see how the hell you've been left relatively unwarned by the mods for such ignorance and slander.

Slander?

Proof?

Oh and please don't tell me to shut up madd it really doesn't help your case, especially while at the same time wondering why mods haven't warned me about anything.

...actually, the ACLU Nambla thing was merely the right for Nambla to say what they want...
not the right for nambla to DO what they want
sadly for my ears, everyone gets their say, not just those that we agree with

You apparently never heard of the word FRIVOLOUS LAW SUIT.

Madd This is why you might see me as arrogant because even the most glaringly OBVIOUS points GO RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD

I guess we can all use the ACLU to give voice to bank robbers and the right to murder too,, I mean seriously,,, IT'S JUST AS ASININE not to mention a waste of money.

But seeing how the OBVIOUS doesn't seem to register with you,, Ill just consider the obvious reason why.

You hate being wrong

- Con

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

honestly, i'm just going to say this now, in light of this idiocy, i'm challenging you to a tag team debate.
a mod can decide on the topic and ground rules
care to accept my challenge?

[edit on 3/18/08 by madnessinmysoul]

You your need to be right in jeopardy son? Ya know if I didn't already know about the lies Atheists have already gotten away with cheating at the scopes trials and that they have NO problem with lies at all. If they werent so activley NOT believeing in god while they spread movies around about jesus never existing and the holocaust never happening while they manufacture evidence for phony science and sweep it under the rug leaving it in text books anyway,, SHAME ON THEM MAD

Id say yes but when I saw this I started seeing so many similarities.

Could you please share with me your thoughts

www.anti-communist.net...

Did they really do that !

- Con

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

THE FBI DOES and they were very interested in 42 of the sites I sent them information on 7 came down so far. Ill work on the rest. I feel it's my civic duty

...yeah, now you're just grasping at things from your rectum...no evidence for anything here, only that people on the internet are stupid, regardless of point of view...

So you agree with what sam said? mmm Nice to know

that reason and freethought should get rid of the regressive movement towards medieval muslim caliphates and theocratic christian states?
yes, i do
i believe that people should learn to think critically instead of being brainwashed into submission
...but that's the thing, the thinking critically part is the core of it. it's not a conspiracy to overthrow christianity at all, if anything it would be a conspiracy to let people see all sides of the issue and get their own say

HA HA HA yeaaah ok pfft

wow, you just come up with juvenile sarcasm instead of looking into it mr. "i have your entire posting history" (wonder why they got rid of that feature...)

here's what i said:

and here's your response:

PROVE IT

IT HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN,, MACRO EVOLUTION IS BUNK

i just pointed out your lack of understanding of evolutionary theory... to which you yelled out talking points that are easily dismissed
it has been proven, that's why it's a theory instead of a hypothesis.

so i don't think you really have enough of a grasp of the subject to understand any proof of it.

Sorry can't hear you

again, childish.

Yes you do.

...no, i don't. i've never used an example of internet stupidity as any evidence for anything

You do it every opportunity you get. Knowing there are exceptions to every rule you might find a few Christian websites saying such things but with Atheists,,, the exception is a site that DOESN'T talk so evil

...no, i actually don't
ever
i don't use "christian websites" i use citations of christians in the real world.

No it's Atheists on the internet and you are right it's typical of them so I am used to it. I expect no better from the so called Science community anymore. Pity

no, it's typical of any group on the internet
your ad hom attacks are as inane as your arguments.

ANY indoctrination can be dangerous so what

...exactly, children shouldn't be indoctrinated, it's abusive.

Guess they need to re-think the way they "challenge peoples world views" eh? I mean after all if everywhere I seen them and BTW seeing one is enough if I have to listen to the same "KILL GOD AND ALL CHRISTIANS!"

really? atheists scream for the death of something they don't believe in?
...wow, i think i found the massive hole in your bigotry

I don't call that a challenge to my worldview. I call it the same thing the FBI calls it Political HATE SPEECH. You guys need to get a hobby or something but sitting around sharing atheist talk (hating christian talk) is only going to make you very unpopular.

demonstrate to me that atheists commit more acts of hate speech than christians do or shut up with this talking point.

honestly, this kind of sort of falls into the category of mild hate speech... saying a categorical remark about atheists and how horrid they are when you can't prove it...

hypocrisy, you has it.

I have seen all four discussing "Atheism" and ya know what discussed?

Christianity,, ISN'T THAT UNSUAL??

really?
hitchens tends to rail against islam more

but it isn't unusual that authors from areas where christianity is the dominate religion would talk more about that first...
talking about shintoism in a discussion where the possibility of someone who's heard of shintoism, let alone knows the tenants of it would be a waste of breath.

Speculation

...pot
kettle
black

honestly, conventions tend to not draw that many people from ANY group, they tend to not even make it into the double digits of percentage.

here's another "i said, you said" segment

i said:

you said:

Cry me a river

yeah...kind of prickish. let's tell the discriminated against minority to "cry me a river" while we yell about how we're sooooo oppressed.

It will because it is case law,, they're working on it.

dover doesn't rely on that...dover stands and will remain standing.
evolution = science
ID, creationism = religion
even a bush appointee sees that...

Since harris wants Christians dead for their beliefs, hence the sarcasm and the use of the word Posthumous.

ah, mister word twister
he never said that
he said some people might have beliefs dangerous for us to kill them for it...
did he ever say that christians fall into this category?
no

You mean I need more???? I would think you would have at least SOMETHING to say about that hate the Atheists have been putting out BUT WHAT DO YOU DO !! YOU BLAME ME FOR HATING! BUWA HA HA HA HA

provide me evidence that shows that the average atheist is a bad person
if you don't have any, you're a bigot
which i'm quite sure is the case, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Madd forget it dude you're a waste of my time, you couldn't be honest when the proof is right infront of you.

waste of your time? really, the sentiment is shared, but i guess denying ignorance isn't supposed to be easy work

how about this, you accept my little debate challenge and we'll see where the beef is, ok?

When it is, you say it isn't enough I show more,. you say I am doing it to justify my hate. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PROOF, DON'T ASK TO SEE IT.

you haven't provided proof of anything more than immaturity on the internet.

You think I liked looking at that garbage they put out.

I got to two Atheist meetings a week and thats why I tell you you don't know a thing about them.

...so that implies that there are worldwide weekly atheist meetings?
...and that's kind of...well...you don't really have any proof that you go to these meetings in the first place

ahem:
i go to biweekly meeting by christians about their plans to forcibly sodomize all atheists and skewer the heads of richard dawkins and christopher hitchens

Not every group has a lobby and yours does because it wants to advance it's Atheist Ideology,, you know what they don't believe.

...i've looked into it, we don't really have a lobby so much as we support lobbies that are for secularism...
lobbies that have support from religious people as well

Then you say you have no belief so then I guess it is to advance the ideology of "Nothing"

no, just secularism. each atheist has their own take on what their atheism implies, some share

Slander?

Proof?

...you just said that sam harris called for a genocide against christians, when he clearly didn't.

Oh and please don't tell me to shut up madd it really doesn't help your case, especially while at the same time wondering why mods haven't warned me about anything.

...well, they actually have warned you in the past...quite often...

You apparently never heard of the word FRIVOLOUS LAW SUIT.

...a lawsuit to protect freedom of speech is now frivolous?
and you don't have to shout, there's a bold and italics feature that will create just as much emphasis.

Madd This is why you might see me as arrogant because even the most glaringly OBVIOUS points GO RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD

...no, it's because you don't understand evolution yet you call it crock while outright lying about what people have said...

I guess we can all use the ACLU to give voice to bank robbers and the right to murder too,, I mean seriously,,, IT'S JUST AS ASININE not to mention a waste of money.

...everyone gets freedom of speech...
bank robbers and murderers deserve due process.
if they don't get them, it's an infringement of their civil liberties...

But seeing how the OBVIOUS doesn't seem to register with you,, Ill just consider the obvious reason why.

You hate being wrong

wow...
insults abound with you

actually, i love being wrong
when i've found out i'm wrong, i've learn something new.

now, i've challenged you to a debate, either accept of i'm just going to put you on ignore because this a waste of my time.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

wow...it's idiocy

ww2 was a war of christians and atheists (USA and USSR) versus christians (germany)

....it calls marx an "anti-semitic atheist jew"

you know what, i'm going to stop there and just say that i've looked over this and feel sick that such ignorant hate-speech exists.
but then again...it's the internet, can't put the blame on all christians or religious folk for this stuff.

if you honestly believe any of that, i really feel sorry for you. your mind is shackled by hateful ignorance and i hope that you find the light of reason and understanding of your fellow human being.

...just one last thing...how was any of this justified by atheism?

and i never
ever
ever
said i support any of that..
in fact, hitchens pretty much provides a perfect rebuttal of this argument in "god is not great" (odd that he'd parody a muslim saying, eh?), so i'll direct you to read his book for it.

accept the debate challenge or we're done.
we'll have a neutral mod decide a topic relating to what we typically discuss or we could just go for evolution...

[edit on 3/19/08 by madnessinmysoul]

[edit on 3/19/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OK people, enough of the yelling and screaming.

Enough of the personal attacks.

Enough of acting like you have no concept of civilized behavior.

I don't have to yell to get this point across, nor do I need "science" to prove it's right.

Smart people ought to get my drift here. We'll see.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow,
39 pages of a bitch fest!

In the red corner we have MIMS and his commie lovin', atheist evolutionists and in the blue corner we have Con and his god fearin', creationist moral enforcing crusaders.

MIMS with science and logic as his weapon, Con with God and faith as his sabre.

Has any knock out blow been delivered?

No.

Why?

Two diametrically opposed opinions but one common approach.
Entering debate with an apparent unwilingness to even consider opposing points of view.

If I was ringside judge, (which some would say I am emminently unqualified to be being an avowed Agnostic), I would say MIMS on points at the moment.

Seriously, what is the point of continuing in the same vein when it is clear that neither side is prepared to give an inch.
All that is happening is the constant re-hashing of the same old arguements over and over again with a steady decline into personal insults.

Why not take up MIMS suggestion of an ordered debate and let those of us who are interested take an honest, unbiased take on the merits of the arguements presented by both sides.
This could also be moderated with the usual neutrality usually displayed by ATS mods?

Just a suggestion.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

now, i've challenged you to a debate, either accept of i'm just going to put you on ignore because this a waste of my time.

Originally posted by Freeborn
Why not take up MIMS suggestion of an ordered debate and let those of us who are interested take an honest, unbiased take on the merits of the arguements presented by both sides.
This could also be moderated with the usual neutrality usually displayed by ATS mods?

I would partner up with Con in a heartbeat to debate this conspiracy. It would be the whole good cop/bad cop team thing.

What are the rules and how is the game played?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Knew you would be up for a reasoned debate.

Once MIMS gets a partner and Con agrees to it I'm sure a U2U to any of the Mod's will set you in the right direction.

I would suggest Vagabond or Chissler, they seem to be heavily involved in the Debate forum.

In the meantime maybe you should check up on some of the ongoing debates
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19/3/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Interesting piece by Dinesh D'Souza.

In recent years some parents and school boards have asked that public schools teach alternatives to Darwinian evolution. These efforts sparked a powerful outcry from the scientific and non-believing community. Defenders of evolution accuse parents and school boards of retarding the acquisition of scientific knowledge in the name of religion. The Economist editorialized that "Darwinism has enemies mostly because it is not compatible with a literal interpretation of the book of Genesis."

This is indeed so, but doesn't Darwinism have friends and supporters mostly for the same reason? Consider the alternative: the Darwinists are merely standing up for science. But surveys show that the vast majority of young people in America today are scientifically illiterate, widely ignorant of all aspects of science. How many high school graduates could tell you the meaning of Einstein's famous equation? Lots of young people don't have a clue about photosynthesis or Boyle's Law. So why isn't there a political movement to fight for the teaching of photosynthesis? Why isn't the ACLU filing lawsuits on behalf of Boyle's Law?

The answer is clear. For the defenders of Darwinism, no less than for its critics, religion is the issue. Just as some people oppose the theory of evolution because they believe it to be anti-religious, many others support it for the very same reason. This is why we have Darwinism but not Kepplerism; we encounter Darwinists but no one describes himself as an Einsteinian. Darwinism has become an ideology.

The Atheist Indoctrination Project

[edit on 3/20/2008 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Eegads. D'Souza is an idiot sometimes.

There are no theologically motivated people trying to shove intelligent falling into physics classes. They are trying to force religiously motivated BS into biology.

Science is for science. The fact that science teaching can be pretty naff isn't the issue here, we already know that many in the general public have a poor grasp of scientific concepts. Shoving religious pseudoscience into the science class isn't going to help.

It doesn't matter that it is religious pseudoscience. The same applies for other forms of pseudoscience. They are not science, and so don't belong in a science class. Calling it religiously motivated BS is fine. Because it is what it is. Similarly, just because people fall for astrology, or any of the other pseudoscientific rubbish around, doesn't mean it deserves to be taught in science.

When people justify its scientific credentials, then bring bloomin' evidence to the table, things might just change. Until then, these things remain outside of science.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

i second mel, DD, for such a smart guy, is quite dense.

seriously, nobody is trying to teach the "leprechauns live in the leaves of plants and change CO2 into O2" hypothesis, so we don't need to defend the teaching of photosynthesis.

he's simply betraying his lopsided view of the situation

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

This one one of the funniest thread names I have ever seen and.....it recieved an ass load of points. So, bravo!

Yes, Atheists are going to overthrow Christians
The Independent Party will win the election
People in power will stop raping

Atheists don't care about your Christianity. In fact, they don't give it any thought at all until a Christian says something pathetic. Otherwise, you do not exist. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Christianity seems to be imploding. It's falling apart without the help of anyone non-Christian. Cathlocism has certainly done wonders for you. Not only the pedophile priests, but those in power as high up as the Pope hiding it and pretending it doesn't exist. Not very Christian.

You know who I like? Joel Osteen. He has a good message with some religion mixed in. He talks more about God. The crazy thumpers criticize him for not talking about Jesus more.

Jesus if he was, was a mortal prophet. Christianity was created by evil men that wanted power over the masses. Anyone non-Christian was treated as less than human. When you reduce people to that, it's easy to talk people into killing them.

Christianity is evil. I have faith. I'm with God. Jesus was no son of God.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

*Reading...*

This one one of the funniest thread names I have ever seen and.....it recieved an ass load of points. So, bravo!

*Reading...*

Yes, Atheists are going to overthrow Christians
The Independent Party will win the election
People in power will stop raping

*Reading...*

Atheists don't care about your Christianity. In fact, they don't give it any thought at all until a Christian says something pathetic. Otherwise, you do not exist. Sorry to bust your bubble.

*Rea... [Tires screech to a halt, the record scratches, and I spit my drink out all over the computer screen]

Oh, dear child.

I wish my double take had been caught on camera for that bit.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ok... that was tooooo funny....OMG....LOLOLOL, sorry, that was a good one Ashley!

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join