It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
Great discussion. Might have been better without Hitchens, heh.

I'll hopefully being seeing a Dennett talk later this year. W00t!

*SNIP*, ha ha ,, I'd love to meet that guy because the moment I see him ,, well I just laugh thinking about that for some reason.

If I were *SNIP* I sure wouldn't want to run in to me though lol

lol

- Con

[edit on 12-3-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Was Hubbard really an atheist? Do you have anything to back this up? [seriously] I don't think scientology discounts god.. it just seems to elevate aliens [and hubbard] to god-like status and then asks people to pay for the priviledge of 'studying' them.

Regardless it's still worshipping something that requires faith to 'know' it exists.. and as it does have a 'god head' of sorts I don't think you can really call it atheistic.

btw. Raelians call themslves atheists and hate christianty yet believe Jesus was a half alien and that aliens were the creator god descibed in the bible. I don't see much difference between worshipping a 'god' or worshiping 'supernatural alien'.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Most 'alien cults' are atheistic so elevating extra terrestrials to some important status (while still not accepting them as gods) would seem atheistic.

I wouldn't compare Ron Hubbard as 'god like' in the minds of Scientologists. His status is probably more comparable to the position of a prophet and founder.

And that is pure speculation. I don't pay two winks of attention to Scientology.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

...Spinoza's god is basically the same as me claiming that the sum of existence is the new definition of god

it's redefining what god is, not believing in any religious concept of god.
this is a living, natural god. a god that is the universe...not a god that inherently has any sort of will
it's a god that is the beauty of nature... and even spinoza's conception of god can have a dozen different meanings...
most of which are atheistic.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

but hubbard wasn't an atheist in any explicit fashion. he clearly believed in some sort of supernatural conception, not just in the natural world.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

That's kind of what I'm getting at. Then couldn't we say the same thing about Buddhists? Although Buddhists might not have a deity, along with Scientologists, and even though the two beliefs differ greatly, in this sense they're still 'atheistic' beliefs.

Gautama and Hubbard were both still 'atheists' in the way I'm seeing this. I could be totally wrong but that is how it is looking on my end.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

As they say, it is easier to teach than to unteach. So does 'atheism' create a 'blank slate' in regards to religious beliefs in order to open the door to faith once the 'lying signs and wonders' of the new religion are revealed?

The "new religion" prophecy sounds like another one of Christianity's many tools to aid it's survival.

As for the future world religion, I think that it is already well into existence. It will become more and more evident as homo sapiens evolve in both a scientific and spiritual sense (which incidentally, is now occurring at breakneck speed). This is all on the premise that we don't destroy ourselves first. Atheism is indeed a clean slate toward achieving the future religion. Neo Atheism will also be instrumental in destroying Christianity which currently holds us back (and for that I am looking very forward).

[edit on 12-3-2008 by AdamD]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamD

WOW. Maybe it will be as successful as the Russian revolution or the Chinese one! Get ready for bread and potato lines.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I foresee a fairly easy transition and one without bloodshed (yes, it's possible!).

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

different buddhists, different things. there are some buddhists that dont' believe in the supernatural...
some of the more modernized ones believe in reincarnation as a metaphor for the carbon cycle (no joke)

but hubbard clearly believes that a true OT (insert whatever level is the highest) person achieves abilities that are those of a deity...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There is no conspiracy to overthrow Christianity, except perhaps when common sense and reality conspire to overthrow myth.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yet they [Atheists] study the Christian Bible and Christian traditions much more then most Christians do.....I have seen entire threads where a dozen Christians would get their asses handed back to them on a platter of humble pie by one Atheist who knew Scripture better then they did

LOL! You bring this on yourselves. The way I see it - an Agnostic or Atheist forms their opinion on the very lack of empirical evidence for God's existence. There is no conspiracy here. And there is no particular conscious effort to "deny God" as contrary to your opinion, people are NOT born believing in God.

As for the scriptures, many atheists and agnostics have a complete disinterest in them. But if it's rammed down our throats enough (as it is done in Western society), we might just investigate them. Or do so out of historical interest.

The notion of a conspiracy or doctrine tied to Atheism, is absurd. I have been a quiet Atheist/Agnostic for the last 20 years and I have never forced my beliefs on to anyone. Rarely have I even disclosed them. Most other Atheists I know fall into this category. Even Dawkins says "organising Atheists is like herding cats". But people like you might make us change our approach.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by AdamD]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamD
I foresee a fairly easy transition and one without bloodshed (yes, it's possible!).

hehe yeah I have seen the "plan" on several websites.

Good luck with that. They may try without any intention to spill any blood, that don't mean I wouldn't skip a beat to drop a bucket of theirs.

You know how we Blood Thirsty Christians are.

If they are serious,,

Bring it

- Con
PS; Thanks for substantiating the threads title.
Oh yeah,, you might want to update Madd too.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Theres too many wierdos making their own religions, the "Raelians" are no exception. Joseph smith was the last person I thought would spark up such a scandal!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamD

LOL! You bring this on yourselves. The way I see it - an Agnostic or Atheist forms their opinion on the very lack of empirical evidence for God's existence. There is no conspiracy here.
As for the scriptures, many atheists and agnostics have a complete disinterest in them. But if it's rammed down our throats enough (as it is done in Western society), we might just investigate them. Or do so out of historical interest.

I have been a quiet Atheist/Agnostic for the last 20 years and I have never forced my beliefs on to anyone. Rarely have I even disclosed them. Most other Atheists I know fall into this category.But people like you might make us change our approach.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by AdamD]

Even Dawkins says "organising Atheists is like herding cats".

It be nice if one of you Atheist could write a post that didn't alway contradict what you say and what you are .

The notion of a conspiracy or doctrine tied to Atheism, is absurd

Internet-based groups are also seeking to spread the atheist message, particularly among young adults. The Rational Response Squad (RRS) has chosen a provocative mode using the popular website YouTube. Their “blasphemy challenge” calls on young nonbelievers to create videos in which they renounce belief in the “sky God of Christianity”
www.samharris.org...

It be nice if one of you Atheist could write a post that didn't always contradict what you say and what you are .

As a result, seven organizations of nontheists - including atheists, freethinkers, humanists, and agnostics - began the Secular Coalition for America (SCA), a lobby seeking to increase the visibility and respectability of nontheistic viewpoints in the United States.
www.samharris.org...

It be nice if one of you Atheist could write a post that didn't always contradict what you say and what you are .

The link between belief and behavior raises the stakes considerably. Some propositions are so dangerous that it may even be ethical to kill people for believing them. - Sam Harris

so much for atheists in all categories not shoving their damn belief down our throats. It be nice if one of you Atheist could write a post that didn't always contradict what you say and what you are .

I have never forced my beliefs on to anyone.

I thought you guys didn't have any beliefs?

Rarely have I even disclosed them.

Yeah I hear that a lot from you guys,, yet I always seem to be the lucky one. Umm just how does one disclose a belief they don't have?

Most other Atheists I know fall into this category

Must of been hard herding all those cats into that category eh

atheists and agnostics have a complete disinterest in them.

Yeah that would explain why you guys are never in any of the Christian threads here huh? It be nice if one of you Atheist could write a post that didn't always contradict what you say and what you are .

But people like you might make us change our approach.

People like me "might" make you change your approach?

Count on it

- Con

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

so much for atheists in all categories not shoving their damn belief down our throats.

Atheists in all categories? You sure know how to make generalisations. If some atheists have a conspiracy against you, I think I will wish them good luck. What goes around comes around.

I thought you guys didn't have any beliefs?

I believe there is no God. It's not a religion if that's what you mean.

Must of been hard herding all those cats into that category eh

When you find out how to herd apathy let me know.

Yeah that would explain why you guys are never in any of the Christian threads here huh?

No idea. I've only posted or even read this thread.

They may try without any intention to spill any blood, that don't mean I wouldn't skip a beat to drop a bucket of theirs.

LOL! Spoken like a true Christian.

And on that note, I shall piss myself laughing as your religion is vanquished from the face of the Earth.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
con, you took a quote completely out of context...
what harris said didn't mean "let's kill christians" it means that there are some people that might just believe you should kill all christians and letting them live might not be the best option.

ok, bottom line: there is no conspiracy against christianity

2: lack of message to put forth a conspiracy of this sort
3: christianity is many, many sects and not one entity that can be "overthrown"

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Organized religion and atheism are the hallmarks of unevolved humanity, for both of them ultimately serve materialism and neglect the creative consciousness (which I relate to the Freudian Ego Ideal and right brain/left body functions). Atheism is a state of mind in which material concerns are dominant (such as consumerist capitalism, even though it might claim otherwise), while organized religion serves to shackle spirituality to the societal controllers whose concerns are materialistic.

Therefore it is fitting that these two brute forces of materialism should be pitted against each other to ensure the destruction of both. Perhaps then a cosmology of enlightenment can arise from the ashes like the mythical Phoenix. This enlightened cosmology could well be considered of Luciferian origins (right brain/left body) since it represents a rebellion against the status-quo-dedication-to-materialism under which humanity has floundered for ages; therefore it is in line with the teachings of the rebel Nazarene, who represents the same force as Lucifer. Such a creative spirituality cannot exist within the confines of an institutional framework where it would be pinned down and dissected by logic like a butterfly to a board.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
con, you took a quote completely out of context...
what harris said didn't mean "let's kill christians" it means that there are some people that might just believe you should kill all christians and letting them live might not be the best option.

It's nice to know you Atheists don't have category. So I guess this is the sentiments of the ONE true Atheist.

Sorry madd I saw the quote when he first came out with it, it wasn't till his damn asscociates told him to back off the hate speach that atheists are notorious for. That is why he came up with that lame excuse for saying it. Which by the way makes NO sense at all.

You always have an excuse even when you're dead wrong. I say you think we all came from Magilla Gorilla and YOU got to go past the faceteous statement and correct the idea that is not what evolutionist think AS IF YOU ARE SCIENCE. The fact is andd LISTEN UP MADD! DAWKINS SAID WE ARE APE!

HIS EXACT WORDS

Got it??

As for the conspiracy??

What you expect us to believe YOU??

YOU ATHEISTS??

Like you would admit it HA HA HA

It's EASY to see that is what you guys are up to and if you don't thinks so then I suggest you start telling all the atheists website owners out there to quit saying things like this.

Petition Signatures
89 FRANK TREJO KILL THOSE G_D DAMMED CHRISTIANS THEY ARE HEATHEN KILL KILL KILL THEM ALL

88 Graham If there was a god, explain cancer, explain wars where millions of people get killed, explain 3rd world poverty.

85 hahaha you stupid columbine dorks!

84 remove this petition REMOVE THIS PETITION.
DDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CHRISTIANS!!

82 Alana christianson i definitely against this petition. Our president is a Christian his self What do you worship....Your poster!?! Us Christians do not think it is all about us...its not really about anyone..and how do you think Adam and eve were made on earth hun? God made them. So next time..be sure to Google stuff like this before you go posting these petitions!

81 Der Antikrist Grab the Boots, grab your Gun and let us Kill em all. JESUS IS A C_NT!

80 AngryDon I think the Romans had the right idea: Christians SHOULD be fed to the lions. They are whiny hypocritical bastards. Christians say "Make love everyone!" Just as George W. Motherf*cking Bush goes and kills a f*ckload of motherf*cking piss smelling Musilims. I think we should kill every last Christian in a very gruesome way. Such as, killing the hot women, we would make them lie on their backs and s*** a dick while choking on the cum! How brilliant would it be to kill a Christian slut with your cock!!!

As for men, we'd stick a long metal shaft up their arses until it came out of the shoulder blade or something. We'd rape small girls til they died of blood loss, and every Christian in the world would go to hell.

We'd get every bible in the world and beat some Christians senseless with their beloved book. we'd cum on it in front of them and rip it apart! we will burn churches, raze them to the ground and pretty much destroy everything Christian. It will be like the Holocaust, except on a world wide scale and we wont kill Jews. Kill the #ing hypocritical scum of the earth bastardizing Christian race!

79 David Uitermarkt

78 Daymon Christians can all suck on my juicy hard horse-c*ck.

77 androo U STOOPID CHRISTIANS SUCKAWCK BESAWEEDZ AWEE LAWEEK NAWTSEEZ!!!!!!!

76 Mo DIE F*CKIN CHRISTIANS! AND # GODS MUM LOL!

74 "I Hate Christians" Death to gOD.

73 religion is for f*ckheads because all religion is so f*cking stupid who ever thought that the idea of higher being and creativism needs their head examining. religion has killed countless millions of people for no apperent reasons apart from what some f*cking stoners 2000 years ago decided to write about a dickhead all other religions are exactly the same. kill all christians and other religious people pretty much sums it up

72 Beelzebub Kill all Jews, Muslims and Christians.

Then go after the Hindus, Buddhists, and all the other superstitious cocksuckers. I'm tired of all those F*CKING SH*THEADS and their stupid non-existent gods. That's my take on it, motherf*ckers.

71 Nathan I support this petition. I laugh at the confused weak religous #s who make up fairy tales so that they will feel the icy grip of reality less. lol
70 Jesus sucked ****. I support doing away with the suppositions of bronze age myth makers.
www.petitionspot.com...

That was one of the mild ones.

and ya know you almost every damn atheist site I see is filled with the same idiotic juvey hatred yet YOU wanna say we are causing our kids child abuse for teaching our kids a Christian lifestyle and NOT to talk like Atheists.

then we have THIS idiotic statement where she blames US for having to go through extra security AS IF WE CAN TELL WHO THE ATHEISTS ARE.

While you tell me what you THINK you know about Atheists THIS Atheist goes to conventions to hear more about the "stuff" they don't believe in and I guess that "Single Position" you talk about takes an entire two hours to explain to the group that isn't a group all organized by the same organization that isn't an organization.

You wanna explain that ??

Or this one again where you Atheists are so desperate to have a reason to take out your anger against Christians that she fails to mention that they were broken up because they were so damn immature they were disturbing the peace but she calls it a violation of their 1st amendment rights. Then she makes another claim about Christians all wanting to shoot the Atheists in fox holes (as if) like we would know by the tatoo on their forehead that they are atheists.

Or that the Scopes trials she so profoundly refers to was predicated on Piltdown man which was later to be found BOGUS manufactured evidence and the trials should be overturned.

While you make posthumous excuses for the statements made by Sam Harris, their are plenty more saying that same thing.

gretachristina.typepad.com...

the bad behavior of the group that needs to tell everyone what they don't believe in yet it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they REALLY believe. They think they are smart, I think they are pathetic.

You have a lobby a new Atheist insignia, weekly meetings where all they talk about is Chritians and how they are going to stop them.

You have a religion called evolution the most perverted science ever invented supported by nothing but junk evidence.

which Atheists use to get kids to act any damn way they please with the morals of an alley cat. It is Atheists working with the ACLU working with Nambla and other sick sexual ideas and all this Ive shown you is just a fraction of the idiocy that is on almost every Atheist website I see.

2: lack of message to put forth a conspiracy of this sort
3: christianity is many, many sects and not one entity that can be "overthrown"

So much for number one
so much for Two
Three,, you got that right but that doesn't seem to sink in does it.

They all seem to have one thing in common and

it has nothing to do with God

but that isn't his fault

it's theirs

- Con

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

[edit on 17-3-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Damn, Con. That is some very scary stuff. Remember me telling you about those emails I receive through my Christian website about murder and rape threats? I hesitate telling people about it because I always worry people will think I'm putting on the dramatics, playing a victim, or flat out lying but the quotes you cited from the petition are pretty much along the lines of what I receive on a weekly basis. I used to ignore, delete, then block them but now I forward their info onto my site host company. Pretty scary stuff indeed.

And before anyone jumps on me about it not being 'all atheists,' I understand this already. But from reading the above and the emails I personally receive it is enough to make my skin crawl sometimes. It's disgusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join