It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I understand Fox and hear what you are saying, (and though I suspect it means little to you, I sympathise).

In general I think we probably agree on more than what we don't on this thread, maybe I was just nit picking.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I'm mocking and belittling your statement that just expressed your belief that another person is "just another soul up for grabs"

Cut the crap fox,, you were mocking me and went on with more sarcasm about my earning points for god and commision. My "statement", in and of itself HAS NO human mind no cognizant facility for reason or emotion thus no incentive for you to hurt its feelings

unless you were expecting my statement to get upset, their is no other reason for you to mock it. You can't mock the "statement" without mocking the author it represents and THATS why you did it.

You know it and I know it

Nice try however pffft.

if you want me to mock you personally so that the rest of your post makes sense, I can go right ahead.

heh maybe you can go back to that post and sing "You're a stupid paragraph nyaa nya nyaa nyaaa nya" lol

What doesn't make sense is someone trying to insult a damn paragraph but then again,, the paragraph won't argue with you.

I will.

And it's funny that you in a single breath brag about how you're not afraid to say anything

Well I'm glad I provided the comical relief you so desperately needed but I wasn't bragging in that sentence,, the sentence was,, remember??

so go look at the post again and stick your toungue out at it,, I'm sure it will be devastated.

... and apparently want me to hush up with my opinion of Christianity. You're strange.

Oh? and what are you fox??

the alternative?

sheesh lol

- Con

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by jimbo999

Most catholics would argue that they only venerate Mary, not worship her.
The same thing with saints.

*sigh* clearskies,, after all I have been saying and you still don't get it..

They aren't here to "learn anything" much less "understand anything" and the LAST thing they want to do is have a bad time,, or have to hear things they have no intention of listening to.

they are here to prove my point about Atheists who live to indulge themselves in the peanut gallery of venues just like this.

Kinda cute isn't?

HA HA HA

- Con

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Originally posted by Freeborn
Now that would be a dust up worth following.
The Fox and Con going head to head.

Naaah I have seen her posts albeit they are clever,, matching wits with him / her would be like boxing a paraplegic and I really get bored with that kind of tit for tat ad-hom pissing contest.

- Con

Ooooooh really? I emphasized the self-contradictory parts

And yes, you made a dumb statement, I mocked it. I'm sorry if you don't get how the system works, but saying "boy, that's a dumb argument" is not the same as calling the arguer dumb.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Now that would be a dust up worth following.
The Fox and Con going head to head.

Naaah I have seen her posts albeit they are clever,, matching wits with him / her would be like boxing a paraplegic and I really get bored with that kind of tit for tat ad-hom pissing contest.

- Con

Ooooooh really? I emphasized the self-contradictory parts

And yes, you made a dumb statement, I mocked it. I'm sorry if you don't get how the system works, but saying "boy, that's a dumb argument" is not the same as calling the arguer dumb.

yeah I see how you are in other threads using that same convoluted logic

I suppose you ask a drug addict where his drugs are so you can rehabilitate the drugs rather then the person taking them.

someone like that or someone having the "need" to act like a jerk would correct the drug addict by sayng BAD DRUGS! BAD! BAD! BAD!

yes it is,, but I have already tried to explain that and since that silly poilitically correct psychobabble that you can attack the post but not the poster makes sense to you then that explains why I agreed with the next quote.

but saying "boy, that's a dumb argument" is not the same as calling the arguer dumb

I suppose you're right,, calling ME (by name), stupid, would feel better for you. Since that seems to be the only reason you are here to get your ad - hom fix so you can high five yourself saying " I am so smart!" I think it's,, well,, the kind of thing a "troll" does.

I know if you could get away with it,, you'd be making as vitriolic a post as those I gave in the examples I posted.

You're KoO like that.

Regardless of its transparency your intentions are understood, Having to use silly symantics to insult me to avoid a moderators incriminations gets to be an artform for some people.

*Yawn*

- Con

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
con, just cut the crap. you're redirecting this into a pointless discussion. in the last few pages you've:

1: brought up the opinion of one atheist and talked about it revealing the true nature of atheists

2: accused fox of attacking you

3: attacked fox's intelligence in a most shameful manner

4: attacked atheists in general

5: complained that attacking your arguments is the same as attacking you

stick to the point: where is the conspiracy of atheists to overthrow christianity?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

stick to the point: where is the conspiracy of atheists to overthrow christianity?

Atheism's Wrong Turn

Not that there aren't clues. Harris, for instance, seeks nothing less than to "demolish the intellectual and moral pretensions of Christianity." To this end, he would have public schools "announce the death of God" to their students- -a development that would mark the end of the government's theological neutrality and inaugurate a time of outright antagonism toward the religious beliefs of citizens. Anticipating, moreover, that religious liberals might balk at such tactics, Harris asserts that "the religious moderate is nothing more than a failed fundamentalist" whose attachment to tolerance convinces too many in our society to restrain themselves from loudly proclaiming that "the Bible and the Koran both contain mountains of life-destroying gibberish.

Dawkins said religion is like a brain virus, that should be gotten rid of;

Like computer viruses, successful mind viruses will tend to be hard for their victims to detect. If you are the victim of one, the chances are that you won't know it, and may even vigorously deny it.

You wanted quotes!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well, to be fair, Muslims believe in one, and only one god, period, ever.

Christians have God, then htey have the Father / Son / HOly GHost trinity, then htey have Jesus himself, then the Catholics have Mary and all those saints, and of course you have Angels, demons, and Satan somewhere in there...

Islam's a lotta notches closer to atheism, all things considered. Monotheism is just atheism with an asterisk, after all.

I really can't begin to point out all the ways you've contradicted yourself here.

Atheists are not allowed to 'pick and choose' which religions they agree with more. I have already had this discussion with madness about professing to be a Buddhist/Atheist.

Atheism means the denial of any religion, monotheistic, polytheistic, any religion

The fact that so many atheists are flakey and wishy-washy, making claims that _________ is somehow a different or better religoin than Christianity etc. just leads me to believe that they are not real atheists, but anti-christians.

If all you can muster is hatred for Christianity, Catholicism etc. but you find yourself kissing the feet of Islam or Buddhism etc. than I have to say : atheists are really, very confused.

Islam has more in common with Christianity than most religions, what is this nonsense about it being 'more' monotheistic? There is only ONE God in both religions. All this 'holy trinity' and virgin mary stuff was pushed by (once again): the Vatican.

I'm afraid Atheists are just proving themself plain ignorant when it comes to religion
It's harder and harder to take them seriously. Conspiracy or no.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Christianity is equally 'polytheistic' too - by your very own definition.

Christianity is not polytheistic. This polytheistic 'definition' you speak of comes form the Vatican.... not Christ... not Christianity.

The Vatican and Catholicism have so irreperably altered the reputation of Christianity that it seems atheists base their entire understanding on false pretenses. There is no word for this except ignorance.

We do not claim Atheism to be a handful of things that it is not. Not even when Atheists themselves claim things that are impossible ("I'm a Buddhist Atheist, Islam is more atheist than Christianity etc.")

Really, who is more confused here? "Fundies" or the Atheists? Fundamentalists may have the 'wrong idea' but at least they are positive about their stance on the subject of religion.

The Atheist stance as a whole is coming off as flaky at best.... I'm not sure a conspiracy is even possible at this point considering how confused Atheists seem to be about their own ideology, let alone the idelogy of religions they are so opposed to.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Most catholics would argue that they only venerate Mary, not worship her.
The same thing with saints.

Probably the same applies to the ancient muslims too I would imagine. Still, the subtle differences between 'venerate' and 'worship' are somewhat transient and perhaps just a bit vague, don't you think?

J.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yeah, I tend to agree with you.
I was just contending Fox's statement that Islam was closer to Atheism than Christianity.
That's all.
Not wanting to debate the merits or de-merits of either religion.
I think they are being discussed to the nth degree on other threads.
I think the similarities between the two far outweigh the differences.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Freeborn]

Yep I agree - this endless debate of C vs M can get a bit tedious, huh? I sometimes wonder why I keep getting involved in these kinda threads - I think it's just my innate dislike of the disnformation and propaganda that they tend to contain....

J.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Hmmmm..so what you seem to be implying is that your 'statments' and 'sentences' in no way represent what you believe or think - and that they are somehow dissasociated from you personally? That these comments of yours are somwhow 'seperate' from you?

Very odd.

How is this done exactly? Does your keyboard have a mind of it's own? Some pretty hi-tech stuff you're using here

J.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Nope - I think Fox is right. She was attacking your statement. Period. It seems you are unable to differentiate really. She/he explained that to you succinctly I thought. I think you're simply 'in over your head' here, and I would leave it be if I were you.

The choice is yours of course, but you'll only get another verbal mauling from Fox if you don't.

Face it: you're out of your league with Fox....

Regards,
J.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Is there something wrong with those quotes? Personally, I agree with them. Does that make it a 'conspiracy'? errmm...nope. Do you want the acual definition of the word 'conspiracy'?

J.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Atheists can state whatever they want to - that's the true BEAUTY of it
We are not cowed with rules or fears of eternal damnation - we are free-thinkers. Providing they don't believe in supernatural, occult beings, they are still atheists. Making a statement about an organised occult school of thought (AKA 'religion') is NOT the same as professing to actually 'believe' the mumbo-jumbo the dedicated disciples of said cult follow...

J.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Incorrect. The Vatican actually frowned heavily on the worship of The Virgin Mary etc - and still does in many ways. Who is it that doesn't know much about christianity again? I can reccomend some very insightful scholarly books if you're really interested....

J.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I really can't begin to point out all the ways you've contradicted yourself here.

Atheists are not allowed to 'pick and choose' which religions they agree with more. I have already had this discussion with madness about professing to be a Buddhist/Atheist.

Atheism means the denial of any religion, monotheistic, polytheistic, any religion

I'm afraid Atheists are just proving themself plain ignorant when it comes to religion
It's harder and harder to take them seriously. Conspiracy or no.

Heh, cool. Atheism is about the existence of deities. A-theism = without theo, or godless.

Religion need not be about deities. Most are, and I suppose some, like you, think they must be. But buddhism is one of the few religions that can be best defined as mainly ethical, spiritual, and philosophical, rather than theistic.

But it is still considered a religion. If you want to define religions as those belief systems that are theistic, then fair enough, atheism and religion would be mutually exclusive. But many people disagree. There are even christians, like the theologian Paul Tillich, who consider themselves somewhat non-theistic, but don't ask me to explain how they get to this point.

So, atheism is about the lack of gods. It's not even about spirituality, or transcendence, or fairies and elves. Just the one concept. You could even believe in stuff like karma and reincarnation and be an atheist - maybe this would be a natural feature of the universe. Not my cup of tea though.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
For some reason, whenever a conspiracy is supposed other adherents to the group will say something like, "I'm not in on it so it cannot exist because I am a [insert current group accused of being responsible for the conspiracy].

If there is an atheist conspiracy this does not mean every single atheist in the world is in on it. Just like if there was a government conspiracy that planned 9/11 does not mean every single government employee was in on it.

People behind conspiracies are typically going to be a select, elite 'leaders.' Yes, there are some atheistic organizations that have avowed to overthrow religion, in particular Christianity. This does not take a rocket scientists to see. Many examples of organized groups have been provided in this thread and legislation and organized atheist 'elitists' trying to lessen the impact of religion on society.

This does not mean every single atheist under the sun is trying to overthrow the status quo. Now, is there a conspiracy? You come to your own conclusions due to the evidence provided. No one can tell you how to think. Nothing that will be provided in this thread will be considered 'proof.' It is up to you, the individual, to make up your own mind.

Just like if I started a thread where I had posted a perfectly clear undeniable photo of a UFO. It would not be 'proof' extraterrestrial life existed on other planets. There would be half a dozen other explanations for the UFO.

Likewise, make up your own minds concerning this topic.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Who created the christian church exactly? Do you even know? Have you read any serious works on the early christian church at all? And I mean 'reputable' works? You don't seem to have much of a grasp on christian church history or early christian theology at all..

Try reading a few 'serious' works on the subject. As in 'reputable'...

Conspiracy? Heheh..WHO said there was one? Unless you consider thinking outside the box 'conspiratorial' somehow.

J.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by jimbo999]

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join