It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Right, I'm through with your jargon. We will find out who's correct soon enough. What a glorious day that is gonna be. I will be looking down on you.

Totally anti-christian sentiment
Calm down.

This thread is going to be hit up by a mod again within one page of their previous warning! No biggie, it is 20+ pages now.

But really, we should avoid butting heads on religious grounds... implying that so and so is going to hell is way off base.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

He's the one who started talking smack first.

Trust me, I'm not one who likes to be mucked around with. I have a pretty long fuse, but when it comes to people trying to discredit my beliefs, or calling my beliefs "crap," as "lucifer"
so eloquently put it, I don't mess around.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

But really, we should avoid butting heads on religious grounds... implying that so and so is going to hell is way off base.

Who said anyone is going to hell?

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
reply to post by NewWorldOver

He's the one who started talking smack first.

Trust me, I'm not one who likes to be mucked around with. I have a pretty long fuse, but when it comes to people trying to discredit my beliefs, or calling my beliefs "crap," as "lucifer"
so eloquently put it, I don't mess around.

[edit on 23-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

I never once called Christianity crap. You really took what I was saying and twisted alround, I guess thats the samething people do when they read the Bible. So sad....

[edit on 2/25/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
ok, still, where is the conspiracy?

i've yet to see anyone actually demonstrate that atheists are currently oppressing christians in any way, shape, or form
or that atheists are a cohesive group

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Madness that's cuz there is no conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
so...seriously, where is the evidence of a conspiracy by atheists to overthrow christianity?

Well, a couple people who strive to debase Christianity would count. There is a larger scale operation, but it's not fueled exclusively by atheism.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Crystal Clear Atheism

Science must ultimately destroy organized religion, according to some of the leading atheist writers and intellectuals who spoke at a recent atheist conference in Northern Virginia. God is a myth, and children must not be schooled in any faith, they said, at the "Crystal Clear Atheism" event, sponsored by the Atheist Alliance International.

Some of the luminaries who spoke at the conference, held at the Crown Royal Hotel in Crystal City, Va., over the weekend, included Oxford professor Richard Dawkins, author Sam Harris and journalist Christopher Hitchens. The Atheist Alliance International describes itself as "the only democratic national atheist organization in the United States."

I guess you think issues like this aren't worth mentioning?
I would, too, if these people weren't in such high academic arenas.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Well, a couple people who strive to debase Christianity would count. There is a larger scale operation, but it's not fueled exclusively by atheism.

A 'couple' of people striving to debase Christianity? Try millions.
We can't prove a 'conspiracy' that these people operate together, but they do exist, there are alot of them, and they want all religion (including Christianity) whiped off the earth.

I would agree it isn't a product of Atheism, it's just like any other movement to whipe out religions. The Vatican has whiped out countless 'religions' and cultures the same way that some Atheist organizations would like to whipe out all religions worldwide.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

from your source:

Science must ultimately destroy organized religion, according to some of the leading atheist writers and intellectuals who spoke at a recent atheist conference in Northern Virginia.

hmm...i think there's a reason why this isn't a direct quote

honestly, i've read this article before, and it heavily skews the event. this isn't proof, it's a subjective view.

how about you give me an objective quote as proof instead of a subjective view?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

how about you give me an objective quote as proof instead of a subjective view?

What are you talking about dude?

Somebody just cited an Atheist INSTITUTE as promoting the abolition of religion worldwide - and you're still going to pretend a conspiracy is impossible?

You want so desperately to insist that all atheists are innocent of conspiracy or hatred of religion etc. when there are plenty of groups to prove the exact opposite.

By the way, there's no such thing as an 'objective quote'... statements of opinion cannot be objective.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
What are you talking about dude?

Somebody just cited an Atheist INSTITUTE as promoting the abolition of religion worldwide - and you're still going to pretend a conspiracy is impossible?

no, reread what i quoted:

Science must ultimately destroy organized religion, according to some of the leading atheist writers and intellectuals who spoke at a recent atheist conference in Northern Virginia.

(emphasis added)

notice that the statement is not a quote? there isn't any evidence that anyone said it...and considering the shaky source, i'm going to doubt it.

You want so desperately to insist that all atheists are innocent of conspiracy or hatred of religion etc. when there are plenty of groups to prove the exact opposite.

i never said that atheists don't hate religion. i hate religion. i don't hate religious people, but i do hate religion.
but the question is whether we're conspiring to overthrow it.
Dawkins, often called the most "vicious" pushes for a campaign of consciousness raising and letting people become informed so they can make their own proper choice.

By the way, there's no such thing as an 'objective quote'... statements of opinion cannot be objective.

by an objective quote i mean something that is verifiable. a direct quote of someone. not "according to some"

[edit on 2/26/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

We all must recognize that we all worship a god. Whether that god is a generic higher power, a well-defined supernatural being, one self, or even a god named Random Chance. We must recognize that we all serve our gods, whether we discern our god’s will by written Scripture, by means of the occult, by trusting our intuition, or by following our feeling.

We must also realize that no matter what our standards are we will at some point act against them.
lifeanddoctrineatheism.blogspot.com...

We see Atheists in their true colors in just about any Atheist forum you go to and Unlike the Christian forums where they are talking about the lord, prayer, feeding the poor and that other entire "minutia" as some Atheists call it. Atheists on the other hand talk about US! I mean if we aren't the center of their entire world then nothing is. It seems that all these people have to do in their miserable, pitiful meaningless purposeless, useless little lives is BITCH and Moan about US ha ha .

It is hilarious, when you consider that some of these people are respected scientists, mature adults, who claim they have a moral base and are the intelligent superior to "fundies"...
I got to tell ya,, THAT SURE AIN'T WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE TO ME.
See Below some of the posts taken from one of their most popular website forums.

To: "Positive Atheism"
Subject: Are There Values in Religion That We, As Atheists, Are Missing? Date: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 11:02 PM

Even today, religion impedes the advance of science and the betterment of the human race. Genetic experiments on human beings have been outlawed for "ethical" (read moral) considerations.

"The right thinking and intelligent people of the Earth must no longer tolerate the Tyranny of the religious! To regard religion as a harmless eccentricity is a deadly error of the first order: Religion is a world plague! It is the mental retardation of the human race: a tumor in the brain of humanity, a tumor which must be excised!

It is the duty of the enlightened to mercilessly attack the benighted enemy

Religion in All its Forms must Be Destroyed!

..." www.positiveatheism.org

You guys ever consider "Charm School"?

To: "Positive Atheism"
Subject:
Date: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 10:45 AM

I'm 55 years old. If someday I'm on my death bed and fundies approach me I intend to have an aluminum baseball bat under the sheets with which to beat the living crap out of them! www.positiveatheism.org

"Positive Atheism"
Subject: Re: Coping with Christmas --
Date: Saturday, December 02, 2000 12:51 PM

I personally don't observe any holidays but I don't see why atheists cannot "hijack" Christmas/Yule from those who hijacked it from the pagans. Instead of it being a day to celebrate religious convictions we can observe the holiday as a day of recognition of people's belief in non-existent beings or patently absurd ideas. We could keep Santa Claus as our icon/mascot (or perhaps put bigfoot in a santa hat) and come up with our own carols and stories ("The twelve days of Roswell" or "Deck the halls -- then deck Pat Robertson" -- you get the idea).

Christianity has a long history of violence, oppression, and imperialism. Are we supposed to believe that those kinds of activities will suddenly stop? I have been moving further away from the classic "live and let live" attitude and closer toward a "Let's extinguish the scourge of religion from the face of the planet -- we'll all be better off." www.positiveatheism.org

Here is another from the same Atheist website.

Yes. If there was a god this world would be an infinitely better place. A personal god who cared for His or Her creation would be too wonderful to imagine: no war, famine, or disease. Imagine that!

Imagine a god who existed and did not hide Itself from us?

Of course I would reject any god who threatens people with eternal pain and torture.

Gregory
www.positiveatheism.org

Seems as though what Gregory and the rest of these very "dangerous, mentally violent, hostile, hating, bitter, sour, sad sacks" have done,, is also reject a God who loves them, tried to warn them while attempting to save them, sending his only begotten son to die for them saving them from that same eternal pain and torture they now can only blame themselves for. If their isn't an agenda to overthrow Christianity, their is an army of instant supporters and radical wannabe "Xian killers" just waiting for an invitation to one.

We need to ask ourselves, what are we going to do about it?

It is quite Obvious to me they hate us,, no, not like that,, but THEY HATE US WITH A PASSION AND ZEALOUS HATRED. Pardon me If I don't share your worldview or your equally inaccurate opinions of Athiests.

Frankly,, it sounds to me like they mean to hurt us moreover, atheists have proven beyond any doubt that what we always said they lack in morality,,, seems to be true as this kind of hate speech is on just about EVERY ATHEIST FORUM I SEE.

So Madd your argument about the things we say isn't with us,,,

It's with Athiest's

I guess in the last post where the person who says "we can observe the holiday as a day of recognition of people's belief in non-existent beings or patently absurd ideas
" is in for a real shock where one day when he and Atheists like Hitchens, Harris and Dawkins, will finally get all the Proof, their is in Fact a GOD. The moral of that story is this,,

It is better to have believed by Faith, then to end up

Selling your soul,, to have it "proven"

By God himself.

- Con

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I will apologise right at the start for not reading the whole 29 pages.
I will, eventually, but I do not have the time at present.

I will start off by saying up front that I am an avowed agnostic.
I will not go into the why's here, that's for another post or another thread.
I have taken an active part in various religious threads here on ATS and have found extremists from most religious creeds.

However, I was totally unaware of the extremity and vehemance of some of the Atheist and Agnostic members who defend their beliefs with a passion bordering on fanatacism at times.

Until my participation in this thread www.abovepolitics.com...', (
Con), I was honestly unaware of any organised Atheist organisations and as such found the theory that there maybe an Atheist conspiracy to overthrow Christianity a bit of a joke.
Unfortunately, some of these organisations spout what can only be described as pure hatred.
I have also noticed that some, not all, Atheists are virulently Anti-Christianity but almost Pro-Islam.
At least I am consistent in my non-belief.

I know all Atheists or Agnostics are not like this, I just find it strange that so called rational, scientific people can become so vitriolic in their support of reasoned science.

One last thing.
A lesson from history about how society can go without religion.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

[Edit: Spelling mistakes etc]

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well, to be fair, Muslims believe in one, and only one god, period, ever.

Christians have God, then htey have the Father / Son / HOly GHost trinity, then htey have Jesus himself, then the Catholics have Mary and all those saints, and of course you have Angels, demons, and Satan somewhere in there...

Islam's a lotta notches closer to atheism, all things considered. Monotheism is just atheism with an asterisk, after all.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I really don't want to get too involved in this thread, but...looks like I just can't help myself

Fox, I just can't accept that.
Atheists believe there is no God, no Supreme Being.
Islam preaches that Mohammed was the last, and greatest, in a long line of prophets who gave us the word of Allah (God), The Supreme Being.

I think there is an obvious, clear and distinct difference of opinion.

The Trinty in Christianity teaches that The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost are different aspects of the one being, God.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I will start off by saying up front that I am an avowed agnostic.
I will not go into the why's here, that's for another post or another thread.
I have taken an active part in various religious threads here on ATS and have found extremists from most religious creeds.

However, I was totally unaware of the extremity and vehemance of some of the Atheist and Agnostic members who defend their beliefs with a passion bordering on fanatacism at times.

I know all Atheists or Agnostics are not like this, I just find it strange that so called rational, scientific people can become so vitriolic in their support of reasoned science.

Hi Ya Freeborn!

Good to see you again, I know we got off to a rocky start there but I have read more of your posts since then and find you (when you aren't going ballistic lol) to write some pretty compelling arguments with an open minded adhearance to many of the multifaceted subjects here.

I agree that ALL are not like this but what has me concerened is the leaders of this belief are ENCOURAGING this behavior and IT IS TAKING HOLD. I see so many Athiets borrowing vicious quotes from books by Dawkins Harris and Hitchens that it has become "Cool" to beat up on Christians that way. but of the philosophys one can hold an accusation for intolerance,, Neo Atheism is INTOLERANT OF ALL religions PERIOD.

It is ironic that you call yourself agnostic, because those authors I speak of say you are REALLY an Athiest.

To me,, you are, a soul up for grabs.

I won't apologise for fighting

for yours whether you care

or not, I just can't

Warm Regards

- Con

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I just said "closer." Of course, in mathematics, there is an infinite number of numbers between one and zero. Probably the same for religion. My point is that Islam is "more" monotheist than Christianity, and that monotheism is "more" atheist than Polytheism.

Bah.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology
To me,, you are, a soul up for grabs.

Wow. That's certain to win you some popularity points. How many mansions in heaven will his soul get you? I know Christianity has a commission deal worked out, you convert X people and get Y mansions / crowns / piles of treasure in heaven, or something...

But since we're being honest, to me, you are meat on the hoof for when TSHTF.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

so...seriously, where is the evidence of a conspiracy by atheists to overthrow christianity?

No - it's mainly fueled by common sense and intellect.

There is NO conspiracy on our part - but there sure are a lot of bible-bashing yahoos posting on these forums in recent months - which give me reason to ask the rhetorical question: is there a a conspiracy of right-wing christians trying to infiltrate and debase ATS perhaps??

J.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join