It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Conspiracy Of Atheists To Overthrow Christianity?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by Conspiriology
To me,, you are, a soul up for grabs.

Wow. That's certain to win you some popularity points. How many mansions in heaven will his soul get you? I know Christianity has a commission deal worked out, you convert X people and get Y mansions / crowns / piles of treasure in heaven, or something...

But since we're being honest, to me, you are meat on the hoof for when TSHTF.

Ya know,, in spite of your incessant antagonism of Christians in addition to your ad- hom sarcasm.

I never was one to seek the approval of the people on this forum, that includes you too Fox. Freeborn knows I have no problem saying it just like I mean it. Maybe that is why you see it as so disengenuous because you can't seem to say one damn thing nice about any of us. It is ironic that the last lecture I saw Dawkins speak, he wasn't to favorable of Buddist's either.

If you NEED to mock me or poke fun at me or cheaply enhance your ego by belittling others, then have at it.

That silly crap rolls of me like water off a ducks back but for future referance,, what you think of me is really,,

None of my business.

- Con

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I'm mocking and belittling your statement that just expressed your belief that another person is "just another soul up for grabs"

If you want me to mock you, personally, so that the rest of your post makes sense, I can go right ahead.

And it's funny that you in a single breath brag about how you're not afraid to say anything... and apparently want me to hush up with my opinion of Christianity. You're strange.

And hopefully not too stringy.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Fox - you are a genius at turn of phrase. You need to get that book written - and soon! Put me down for a dozen copies, ok?

J.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
but there sure are a lot of bible-bashing yahoos posting on these forums in recent months - which give me reason to ask the rhetorical question: is there a a conspiracy of right-wing christians trying to infiltrate and debase ATS perhaps??

J.

Is the Pope a catholic who wears a funny hat?

I've noted it appears to be almost tag funniementalism.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Now I've got the "Super-televangelistic sex and drug psychosis" song stuck in my head.

Darn you, Mel, darn you to heck!

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Heheh! Ouch! Another direct hit!

It is rather odd how some of the threads here are indeed becoming sort of religious bible camps for the initiated only. Counter arguments need not apply!!

Apparently.

'Deny Ignorance' indeed...

Did you notice any church gates when you came in?? Me neither....

J.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I suppose ALL differing viewpoints here are welcome,
I mean since we're not at an atheist convention.

Mel;
What is tag funniementalism?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Wow, I just don't see how a religion that demands total obedience to the word of it's God, (Allah), and whose teachings reach into every single action of it's followers lives can even be remotely considered akin to Atheism.

Now I know that some of the more obscure, mystical, gnostic interpretations of Christianity may, just may, have Atheistic overtones.
Are there similar Islamic, "gnostic" cults.
I don't know to be honest.

Hi Con, thanks for the kind words, I know they are well intentioned.

I am agnostic because I don't deny that there MAY be a God.
I just think it's irrelevant as it can't be proved or disproved either way until we die or "Judgement Day".
As such I try to live my life by a set of values and morals that hopefully causes no intentional pain or suffering to anyone else. (I frequently fail, I am only human after all).
I don't need a set of religious dogma to tell me what to do or what is right or wrong.
(A simplistic summarisation)

I don't think this is the correct thread to discuss this at length.
Intersting as I am sure the debate would be.
Maybe one day I'll start an "Agnostic" thread.
(If my previous threads are anything to judge by I am sure it would be a resounding failure
)

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes, I agree. Maybe someone needs to invite a bunch of radical, fundemental islamics onto the forum - give them all a thread - call it say, 'My God Rocks! - Yours Sucks Weenies' - then just sit back and watch the sparks fly??

Should keep 'em busy anyhow. Well, at least until their much-loved 'End Of Times' pops up. By then we'll all be radioactive fillet steak - including all the extremist christians/muslims.

Front row tickets are going for just a few bucks....want me to bag you a pair?

J.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Mel;
What is tag funniementalism?

It's a bit like tag wrestling, except the individuals involved look even worse in spandex.

Now I've got the "Super-televangelistic sex and drug psychosis" song stuck in my head.

Darn you, Mel, darn you to heck!

Never heard that! I guess I must have missed it on the 'Church-burning Ebola atheist' newsletter. I'll have to hunt it down.

Originally posted by jimbo999

Yes, I agree. Maybe someone needs to invite a bunch of radical, fundemental islamics onto the forum - give them all a thread - call it say, 'My God Rocks! - Yours Sucks Weenies' - then just sit back and watch the sparks fly??

Heh, that would be interesting. I guess they are too busy hunting down teddy-bears called Mo' to come here to have high level discussions with the ATS proto-christians. They need to get their sheet together, could be the making of this subforum.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Now that would be a dust up worth following.
The Fox and Con going head to head.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I was just going by the number of gods / demigods / semi-divines / supernatural beings in each religion, and not the beliefs therein.

If we're just going by numbers, Islam's "more atheist" than Christianity, is all I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I was just going by the number of gods / demigods / semi-divines / supernatural beings in each religion, and not the beliefs therein.

If we're just going by numbers, Islam's "more atheist" than Christianity, is all I'm saying.

Hmmmm...well that explains a lot then.

Sheesh...I TOLD you them athiests were up to no good!! Posing as muslims now you say.... well I never.

J.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Naw. Muslims are forbidden from drinking alcohol. No atheist I know could ever live up to the rigors.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Oh if it were true.

The origins of Allah, www.biblebelievers.org.au...
Allah had a wife and three daughters.

And what about the holiest shrine in Islam.
Well it sees that upto 360 deities were worshipped there.

It seems the very basis upon whch Mo based his religion on is littered with literally hundreds of Gods, (and Godesses), a polytheism if ever I've seen one.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Naw. Muslims are forbidden from drinking alcohol. No atheist I know could ever live up to the rigors.

Hmmm...very good point. That said - I have it on pretty good authority that muslim countries are absolutely rife with illegal bars and brewing stills. So, we'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt for now, huh?

Heck, I hear they even smoke & cuss a lot too!! No, I think you were onto something back there...

J.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well, what about the christian worship of Mary? Godess worship, right? Then there are all the hundreds of saints and angels that were/are worshipped by christians too. In fact, many of them were invented to encompass the worship of the many gods/godesses that were prevalent all over the known world at the time.

Christianity is equally 'polytheistic' too - by your very own definition.

J.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Most catholics would argue that they only venerate Mary, not worship her.
The same thing with saints.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Oh if it were true.

The origins of Allah, www.biblebelievers.org.au...
Allah had a wife and three daughters.

And what about the holiest shrine in Islam.
Well it sees that upto 360 deities were worshipped there.

It seems the very basis upon whch Mo based his religion on is littered with literally hundreds of Gods, (and Godesses), a polytheism if ever I've seen one.

Someday, I'm going to see a source other than what's posted at that link. So far, though, in several years of talking about the subject, I never have.

Now, even if your statement was factual, it has no bearing on modern Islam, any more than pre-Abrahamic Hebraic gods have on Judaism.

If you want me to address the finer points of this argument you present, I can. But I've had enough people barking at me for going off-topic of late

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I tend to agree with you.
I was just contending Fox's statement that Islam was closer to Atheism than Christianity.
That's all.
Not wanting to debate the merits or de-merits of either religion.
I think they are being discussed to the nth degree on other threads.
I think the similarities between the two far outweigh the differences.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Freeborn]

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join