It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles cannot be from aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Crop circles, if alien made, may have nothing to do with humans. They may be about us, but not intended for us to read.
It may just be communication with other alien lifeforms. Maybe even something as simple as alien roadsigns. There is nothing that I have even ever seen with any crop circle that could be interpreted as them trying to communicate with us.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by obilesk
I can't read hieroglyphics or crop circles or Greek (very well), so I don't attempt to converse in those languages. If I wanted to speak to someone that didn't know my language, pictographs would be great. However, I would use pictures of things I know my subject is familiar with, and then associate those pictures with an object (tangible or otherwise) that would bring my message closer to my subject's level of understanding.

The problem is, the crop circles are all using various geometric shapes which occur everywhere in nature. Which interpretation of them are we supposed to use? A circle could represent a planet or maybe an atomic particle? See, it has to have a reference or context to understand them.

This is why for thousands of years, we were unable to decipher hieroglyphics until we found (I believe it was the Rosetta Stone?), tablets with direct translations in other languages. Sort of like having a key to start with.

We don't have any of that here. You have to have a starting point and none has been obviously given.

Furthermore, why would they send messages into crops which will deteriorate and be destroyed within a season, instead of etching messages into rock faces or something where it can be studied and last for eons?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Or perhaps we are the lower lifeforms struggling to comprehend their meaning. A being with higher intelligence attempting to convey a message would not just give it away. The receiver of the message would be required to learn and grow - to meet the messenger half way.

When you become old enough to drive, you're not just handed the car keys. You're taught to drive the car and learn the rules of the road (and that requires prior effort of your part).

Totally what im thinkin, its common for the human to think we are the most intelligent lifeform in the universe. We are here on earth (sometimes i wonder if we really are though). Its like if you were given a riddle and then say to the person who told it to you ...well if you're so intelligent why dont you give the answer then?.....

Alos, maybe -they- have somekind of agreement of non-disclosure so they leave us clues instead.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

[snip]

How many times have you pointed to get your dog to fetch and he ends up staring at your finger?

Get with it.. we are the animals, not intelligent life forms.

Mod Edit - removed unecessary remark.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A simple experiment demonstrating the visualisation of cymatics can be done by sprinkling sand on a metal plate and vibrating the plate, for example by drawing a violin bow along the edge, the sand will then form itself into standing wave patterns such as simple concentric circles. The higher the frequency, the more complex the shapes produced

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

I've seen videos of experiments using sound to create shapes in salt sprinkled on a metal plate. I really think a big part of the mystery of crop circles has to do with this concept of sound frequencies. I was doing a little bit of searching on-line but I haven't been able to find anything about scientists experimenting with sound frequencies and some how "bending" plants. I personally think the "un-hoaxed" crop circles are somehow a "natural" occurance created as a result of invisible sound frequencies, But honestly I don't know for certain-

[edit on 16-1-2008 by cynical572]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Greetings.

Please do your "due diligence" when investigating the crop circle phenomenon. I'm amazed at how many people have such a strong opinion about this phenomenon, yet display dizzying amounts of ignorance about it. I've read many many books about it, read and reread many scientific investigations into the phenomenon, watched many videos about it from various points of view and can unequivocally say that from what I've learned, there is a higher intelligence involved. To say that this cannot be extra-terrestrial or higher beings because we KNOW they wouldn't act this way is beyond ignorant. It starts from an assumption that we KNOW who and what these intelligences are which is obviously false as most of us don't even understand who WE are. However, whether they are extra-terrestrial, extra-dimensional or whatever is not as important as the information being conveyed. There's enough evidence readily available to move beyond the who and into the why. Geometry is a language and sacred geometry is the basis for EVERYTHING in the physical world. It is only natural that this intelligence would use something common to all beings, geometry. Because you don't understand the message consciously (yet) doesn't mean there isn't one. It also doesn't mean there is only one answer or reason for the phenomenon. There is likely more than one answer to the question about crop circles.

I have to go for now (I'll post more later), but please do some research (serious research) and then form your opinion. We'll all be much better off for it.

Here's some resources to get you started.

For those who don't know what the hell we're talking about or just arrived here...

For a detailed scientific approach to the physical aspects of the phenomenon...

www.bltresearch.com...

For information on the complexity of the geometry of creating most of these formations...

www.cropcircle-archive.com...

For serious inquiry... read this book... it's worth every penny, but if you can't afford it you can likely get it at your local library.

www.amazon.com...=cm_rdp_product

Peace,
~Jammer+

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
its people like you that are the reason why people can't comprehend intelligent life...

Pick up a book?

C'mon guy...First off if you take a look at some of the crop circles, you will see its impossible for man to make certain signs that have been made- overnight...very improbable. Secondly, how do you suppose they get a book? Go to a library? Or better yet, how do they even know books exist? Its the information age- you could have asked why haven't they posted anything on the internet? They are far more advanced- and aren't trying to direct us on how to live- They just want to prove that we aren't alone and obviously can't just come down and knock on a door. Be alittle more open-minded.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Do you mean the English language?

Maybe that's a good idea ... if extraterrestrials are speaking to people of England and North America. Seems kinda unfair to those that are living in Somalia or China that "they" would choose only the English language in which to communicate.

How about a universal language? One that's not segregating other cultures in the world? One that can communicate a message in numeric or geometric form? One that would speak to ALL cultures on Earth and exclude only those un-intelligent enough to decipher the message?

That seems more logical than choosing one language and "speaking" exclusively to that culture.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Humanity has a way of being scared of the unknown if it happens too fast. Crop circles are a way of introducing. If they just all of a sudden come out of nowhere at you doorstep, asking to be friends in an alien accented english, you would be a bit scared, no?

Besides, they know binary.

Thats good enough. People were able to translate it into various languages.

The 2002 Chilbolton Crop Circle
ET Face and Disk Message
Appeared in wheat on August 15, 2002
Crabwood, Hampshire UK
The crop circle disk had a binary code message,
the message was decoded exactly as it appears here:

Beware of the bearers of
FALSE gifts and their
BROKEN PROMISES.
Much PAIN but still Time.
There is GOOD out there.
We Oppose DECEPTION
conduit CLOSING
(BELL SOUND)

explain how a human can do that in one night

[edit on 16-1-2008 by shiman]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jammerman

I think it's interesting how crop circles appear to be progressive in their form. While some appear to be generic or possibly man-made, others appear to be using advanced technologies that we may even now possess, such as with microwave technologies and satelites.

I suppose that we may have been given these technologies that are also capable of having other uses, such as with crop circles in order for others of their own species to make contact again with those who may have become stranded here.

The mention of the one video crop circle diagram of comparing species, or in particular the mention of a triple helix I have heard of before. The one crop circle drawing of the molecules I have wondered is only a reference to water.

One site about remote viewers makes the claim through remote viewing that these crop circles are sign posts by interdimensional time travelers or even probes. If this was true, than there would possibly have been crop circles in these same areas throughout history.

I suppose it might be used as a reference for this geological area and may also maintain a certain resonance signature over long periods of time in these same patterns.

It has appeared that our climate shifts that effect our agriculture might be the main interest. Otherwise as mentioned by possible pole shifting may also be for reference.

It's been my guess that certain man made structures such as the great pyramids might also be used as markings and references for correcting and maintaining our planets alignment and rotation axis.

As some have also mentioned that our planet is also controlled and than even possibly maintained by our moon or naturally appearing satelite. Although solar systems may evolve naturally, they might also be constructed or tweaked by a more highly advanced species. Much speculation, but it makes a certain amount of sense anyway, even if only science fiction. 2012 unfortunately, might only be good for a select and chosen few.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Yes, all alphabets are made of simple geometric shapes that repeat themselves, and that is one thing that I have never seen on crop circles, two crop circles that look exactly the same.

PS: everything can be made with simple geometric shapes, we only have to know how, and those who have learned how to make technical drawings with rulers and compasses know it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
For information on the complexity of the geometry of creating most of these formations...

www.cropcircle-archive.com...
That shows what I have been saying for a long time, that is not complex geometry, its the most simple geometry.

Show me crop circles made with real ellipses or parabolas and then I will agree that they have complex geometries.

That is why I say that I don't think that crop circles are made by aliens, because there is no need for a "higher intelligence" (unless when compared with some people
), any person with a little knowledge of geometry can make crop circles.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Personally I think most 'people' who make crop circles are jerks, especially if they are making them in hopes to hoax the world in believing they are not man made. Unless you are an 'artist' and want to make crop circle's that are for artistic reasons then fine, do so in day light and with the land owners permission and announce that you are 'creating' field art for entertainment purposes so the 'real unexplained crop circles' can be studied properly. Those who sneak out at night to make crop circles and then later on claim it was them after long wasted hours of investigation on who or what made them should be fined or something for deception and trespassing for causing unnecessary headache just because they wanted to have fun at crop circle researchers expense and for their 15 minutes of fame.

If I was able to fly over to other planets in the solar system I certainly would leave my 'signature' on the surface of that visited planet somehow just to 'tag' that planet as being visited by me (kind of like sticking my personal flag pole in the ground saying BuzzingOn was here). It may not mean much to those who live there and may disappear in time, but to me it would be a personal symbol of my arrival.

I think some of the crop circles are just that, Alien stamps (flags) that are left behind for other travelers to earth to see and not necessarily meant as messages to humans as a form of contacting us because if they wanted to communicate with us then they would in ways we could much more easily understand.

Imagine being a space traveler and arriving at a planet filled with monkeys. You would probably just investigate the planet unnoticed to not disturb the life forms there and after awhile leave your signature on the surface for other intelligent beings to see if they show up then leave. Leaving all the monkeys to them selfs in hopes that maybe someday they evolve to understand your visit, how you got there, where you were from and all that it involves. I am sure a lot of 'higher beings from around the galaxy' see us on earth as being nothing more then self destructive monkeys not yet ready.

All said IMO,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Or perhaps we are the lower lifeforms struggling to comprehend their meaning. A being with higher intelligence attempting to convey a message would not just give it away. The receiver of the message would be required to learn and grow - to meet the messenger half way.

When you become old enough to drive, you're not just handed the car keys. You're taught to drive the car and learn the rules of the road (and that requires prior effort of your part).

Actually when it comes to learning, teachers will tell you the best way to teach someone something new is to start with the basics and move up from there. Trying to impart knowlege through cryptic methods are just going to prolong the progression of the learner.

I am extremely skeptical of the idea that crop circles are Alien messages. I think if they were trying to spell something out to an inferior species they would find a much less tenuous and impractical means of doing so.

Or maybe its "Post-ironic" Alien Art, which has no meaning and you can derive your own meaning from it, while they chuckle at our concept of what equates to good art and bad art.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Chai-Tea]

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Chai-Tea]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Reminder :

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

That crop circle picture there looks like a classic looking UFO with a magnetic feild around it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Show me crop circles made with real ellipses or parabolas and then I will agree that they have complex geometries.

Fine... I'll do your homework for you. One of the largest formations ever created is shown below. Many of the "circles" in it are ellipses when you measure them on the ground. When you look at them from the air, they appear as circles. Why? because this formation is created on a rolling field (as many are) and they appear to be circular from the air, but are actually ellipsoidal when measured. Additionally, this formation was confirmed to have been created within a 4 hour time span and during an intense thunderstorm. No muddy footprints were found anywhere when researchers arrived. The formation contains over 400 circles, is approximately 800 ft in diameter and covers more than 600,000 square feet of downed crops. Here's the pics...

Here's the a "Julia Set" fractal formation that appeared next to Stone Henge in the late afternoon with thousands of people around. Pilots flew over at around 5pm, came back 5:45pm and there it was.

As for all crop circles being simple... Puuuleeeeeese.... Have you even looked at the numerous photo collections out there? Here's one from last year...
www.lucypringle.co.uk...

Pick up a book. Watch a DVD or a Google video (most of them are online now) Try living your signature and boycott your own ignorance. Your posts reek of it.

~Jammer+

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dj05544
Pick up a book?

C'mon guy...First off if you take a look at some of the crop circles, you will see its impossible for man to make certain signs that have been made- overnight...very improbable.

Many of them have already been proven to be hoaxes. It isn't much more of a leap to believe those that haven't been explained are much like the magic of Chris Angel, just a bunch of hocus pocus.

Secondly, how do you suppose they get a book? Go to a library? Or better yet, how do they even know books exist?

That argument isn't very solid. Obviously, if they can abduct people, they can easily gather our household items for study. At some point they would know that we have languages and alphabet in print.

Its the information age- you could have asked why haven't they posted anything on the internet? They are far more advanced- and aren't trying to direct us on how to live- They just want to prove that we aren't alone and obviously can't just come down and knock on a door. Be alittle more open-minded.

I am being open minded. Why would they want us to know that we aren't alone? What would make them think we even feel that way? The best way to get a message across is directly, not by being cryptic and making people guess what you mean. This is why I feel an alien could not have made crop circles. They have all the earmarks of humans trying to imitate an intelligent being.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by misuneko
They are Keys... to unlock the mind... geometry!! shapes that come down from dimention to dimention and imprinting our dimention (3D) as a geometric signiture!

What makes you say this? please send me a PM so we can discuss

We as human beings are so primative. Sometimes I feel embarassed to be one. We are destroying the planet we reside on, that we claim as ours, We wage war over greed and disagreements, and on top of that, those that pull the strings are completely riddled with deceptioon,corruption,lies and are working with others whos actions are destroying this earth and us.

Its alot safer for 'the aliens*' to leave imprints of subconcious knowledge than to make physical contact - Geometry + Meditation is the key to understanding what really lies in front of our eyes.

Why would any of the 'good' E.B.E'S want to converse, when they see how HUMANS treat their fellow HUMANS. Of course lucky for us that some are interested in helping and restoring a balance.

An open mind will give us the answer

*Do we have to call them aliens? the term EBE is more neutral

[edit on 17-1-2008 by ruhnlo]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I have more, would you like to see?

Indeed most are man made, but some are visual signatures of various frequencies, perfect harmonic configurations. There is a message of sorts, well it has opened many doors in my mind, so if they are all man made, I'd like to thank them.

The human element is sometimes weirder than what's given credit, I've heard that some man made ones can emit low frequency EM waves. It's been a while since I've visited the circle makers site, even they have some strange stories to tell. The the human circle makers make up a mix of pranksters, people who wish to prove it can be done, artists, people who feel compelled to make them and some who also do it as a ceremony of sorts.

Published papers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join