It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles cannot be from aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If extraterrestrial beings are coming to this planet and landing secretly in circular vehicles, chances are some crop circles of the most primitive variety are real indentations of the weight of a circular object impressing upon them. Landing in a field would attract far less attention by local humans than landing right next to a home or on a street. At least I would think it would.

Elaborate pictoral crop circles IMO are merely human fakes that took the initial primitive flattened circles left by UFOs and turned it into a social phenomenon. Its only natural for humans to do so when given so little information. Ideas, opinions, and actions go in every direction. Some speculate, others hoax.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Sorry for the one liner, but, What IS creating them then?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Have you ever considered that maybe the crop circles are not for you to understand? Maybe they have nothing to do with us and everything to do with them?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kj6754

Have you ever considered that maybe the crop circles are not for you to understand?

Do you mean the ETs equivalence of a canine marking his territory? You may be onto something!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It is true that some crop sircles are man made and other is by alien......

Could it be that they are telling us something?that we need to find out for ourselves....

the clues are there but we are not using it!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Perhaps whatever is creating these circles (aside from the hoaxes) is trying to explain something to us which we are currently near incapable of understanding.

Like trying to teach a dog how to sit down, it takes a while. Even if we could speak dog language, they might not have the words to convey what we'd be trying to say.

One day it occurred to me, what if the crops themselves were trying to communicate with us? Ok, dont laugh, it is no more implausible than some of the other possible options, and it would explain why the messages are limited to crops. If it were aliens, why would they only choose that ONE medium when so many others exist as possibilities?

Perhaps the plants are trying to warn us that genetic engineering is endangering us both. (The crops themselves and humans that is) Or warn us of some other danger that could harm both plants and humans, (global warming?) that we are creating but are too short sighted to see. Anyway, it is at least a different possibility. I like to try to see things from different angles. The idea occurred to me one day after reading that the stems of the plants in the crop circle were not crushed. That it looked as if they had laid down, rather than been compacted.

Note: I am not saying I believe this to be the case, only that it is an interesting alternate possibility.

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kj6754
Have you ever considered that maybe the crop circles are not for you to understand? Maybe they have nothing to do with us and everything to do with them?

Given that, I can still think of a more advanced way to communicate information than stamping a bunch of images into fields of grain - no matter who the intended audience is.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Given that, I can still think of a more advanced way to communicate information than stamping a bunch of images into fields of grain - no matter who the intended audience is.
reply to post by ben91069

Hi Ben,
Let's suppose that there is noone on this board (or anywhere else) that can understand the crop circles:

1. Does that mean that the makers are idiots and can't communicate with us cause they don't know our launguage or our system?
2. That they don't want to communicate with us?
3. That they aren't allowed to communicate with us humans? or....
4. That they are communicating with someone else.. other ETs?
5. Or... They enjoy making pretty crop circles cause it is fun to do when they are bored?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Ever heard the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" ?

If you listen to people who describe communicating with other telepathically, the experience is described as picture speak. people don't t send the telepathic message "What's happening Yo!" to the other..

REAL crop circles could be the same thing.

If they are for us, then we're infants trying to understand a syllable in their alphabet.

I think it's a mix. Meaning I'm betting some are for us and some are for them.

--- whether you agree with me or not, I have to say they are much more advanced if they are able to do this with energy fields instead of a board and line.

b

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Bspiracy]

[edit on 16-1-2008 by Bspiracy]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
This is proof positive that either aliens are stupid or they come from a lower life form that are trying to make everyone believe they are from aliens and not doing a good job of it.

this is not proof at all. let me explain to you something about them.

1. They cannot speak like you and me. They have defective ways and their bodies are very fragile. they are very weak, but very intelligent.

2. They have machines that do wonderful things like, lasers, shapes and crop circle art. this is the way they communicate.

3. They can't see very well, so they use goggles and eyewear. Their makeup is defective in a way they are animalistic and very easy to target.

4. They are making the crop circles to express themselves. they are artistic, and want to be accepted as people.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Your post intrests me however I must ask how do you know this to be fact ?

I beleive there is a message in crop circles but its meant to be not so easily interpreted. Maybe when we learn their secrets the message will be something like 'Hello Earth, If you want to reply send a radio message to [Insert sky co ordinates here]'. I beleive crop circles are suposed to be decoded by a human/humans with a very high intelligence.

In other words its their way of seeing if we are ready for interstellar travel or contact

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Check out the follwing link:

Crop Circles

It might be a interesting read for anyone that is interested on how crop circles are made.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
80% of crop circles are known hoaxes, this is not a small percentage, it is an overwhelming percentage.

The rest are not made by aliens, its just no group has taken a claim for them.

Why would people do this? Why to people go cow tipping? Or Bungie diving?
Or write patently false accounts of alien abduction.

Or Post to ATS patently false information concerning aliens and demons which they completely made up in there head? Yeah miller this means you.

Hows money for a starter

In 1996 a circle appeared near Stonehenge and the farmer set up a booth and charged a fee. He collected £30,000 in four weeks. The value of the crop had it been harvested was probably about £150.[12]

Thats some profit from a nights work.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If 80% are hoaxes then why are there so many snow circles in the artic where people dont live? Yes there are many snow circles that most of us do not know about. Yet with snow circles there are no foot prints around to show anyone made them so therefor they are real. Where did you find your evidence of 80% are hoaxes? I am sorry but on the discovery channel they only proved that 40% are hoaxes. They also proved that 99% of ice and snow circles are real. How did they prove that only 40% of the crop circles were hoaxes? Time, most crop circles are made within 1 hours time. No one can physically make a intricate crop circle in 1 hour.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This:

And to say they have the technology to traverse vast distances and even dimensions and not even be able to communicate themselves to humans directly other than ambiguous symbols using compressed crop is simply asinine.

Can't you see how dumb that sounds? If they wanted to help us change ourselves and the world, why don't they convey the message directly? It just sounds plain stupid. Why do they even bother to convey messages if there isn't a high probability of us understanding it?

It's like the same principle as the fictional organised garbage that they call religion. If god was so all powerful and bigger than this universe why would god used stone tablets, papyrus and all that crap?

In conclusion, the idea that extra teresstrial exist and are trying to communicate with us using ambiguous symbols is simply as ridiculous and asinine as the existance of god. Why came all the way expending likely an energy output that would drain a star and just to make a half a$$ed effort?

Crop circles are no more than the creation of human hoaxers having too much time in their hands....

"He is testing us..." Gimme a break.....

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
CROP CIRCLES CANNOT BE FROM ALIENS
That's right and why not?... come on, you can say it, come on,
they won't laugh, that's it... let's say it together,
CROP CIRCLES CANNOT BE FROM ALIENS BECAUSE THERE'S
NO SUCH THING AS ALIENS!

There, that didn't hurt did it? now see that open space through the
window? go to it and get on with your life.
(Snort!) aliens indeed! what next, a Loch Ness Monster?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I can't read hieroglyphics or crop circles or Greek (very well), so I don't attempt to converse in those languages. If I wanted to speak to someone that didn't know my language, pictographs would be great. However, I would use pictures of things I know my subject is familiar with, and then associate those pictures with an object (tangible or otherwise) that would bring my message closer to my subject's level of understanding.

If some higher form of intelligence wanted to speak with us, they would know that we have a high form language. Granted, telepathy is beyond us for the most part right now, but music, math, vocalization, and pictures are well within our collective grasp. And an intelligence above our own would easily have the resources to convey meaning to us, the same as we have the resources to make apes and orangutans understand ours. It takes time and trial, but we can and have done it.

Crop circles are great examples of using pictures to represent meaning (assuming even a fraction of them are made by ETs). So what do the pictures represent? What do they look like?
I submit they often look like stars or groups of stars.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Maybe all aliens aren't the same. Say, there could be more than one group of them. The ones in the ships could be quite different from the ones that could do crop circles.
Seems like there has been a lot of sighting activity lately. Don't expect it to diminish or die off. If we see them or sense them and they are not actually here, possibly they are coming. Some feel that pets can correctly anticipate their owner"s arrival, at least sometimes. Not that we should be considered pets here, but in a like way we sense their more formal appearance.
But still, some are probably here already, eyeballing us. Some feel (I do), that an evacuation fleet is either waiting nearby or on it's way. Once again, these could be completely different from the currently experienced aliens.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Many will perish in the coming days
many have perished already
i cannot let this thing happen
i must become the great avenger
help me my brethren
tether yourself to me
let us expand and contract as the lung
breath is all that we have left

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pc is here

I feel this way as well, some days I know there is something out there. There is proof that some of the real crop circles are telling us something. I have seen some of them that were decoded.

Hilda

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join