It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Illahee
No they were not her cup of tea now that you mention it. The focus as I am sure you know is to eliminate hate, greed, and the lesser emotions. In no way do they say you shouldn't take whatever you need. They do however bring up the what do you really need aspect.

I don't think our friend would understand me wanting to apply the principles to the healing arts, and that makes me a bit sad. For her.

Yes, these methods are completely applicable to the healing arts, as you know. I immediately thought of Frederick Bailes "Your Mind Can Heal You."

Everyone has their own direction and goals though. I have never taken more money myself. I make about the same wage as 10 years ago....

That shows an interesting mindset. It's none of my business and if you're content with what you have, so be it.

But it sounds like you're afraid of taking too much.
I can see both sides of that, it depends on the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

jc2012
Hi Skyfloating. Good post.

A few years ago, I got into Sigils. As an illustrator, I was looking for some insight into what I could come up with. It did indeed work, but I didn't realise it at the time. I also combined sigil visualisation with a certain psychotropic, which gave great results, but of course leaves you wide open to abusing it if you don't know the consequences. Of course I eventually used it for ill will, and although the results initially did give me a certain smug satisfaction, the payback in the long term was far more intense. However, taking in all I have experienced, I wouldn't change a thing. Knowledge is, indeed, power.

As soon as I read "sigils" I immediately thought of Austin Osman Spare and Chaos Magick.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Vanitas

rYou can have everything you believe you already have"

This is a wonderful reformulation of the adage.

But thinking about this thread, inevitably this (old) question came to my mind: what about "crickets" in distress - the people who are genuinely carefree (not necessary careless) about money, and they are good in what they do (and don't come from a financially "poor" family, with their mentality adversely impacted by their background) and yet sink into poverty?

I am asking because I know a few (very few) of them, so I can really say they do not worry about money. So much so that one of them, counting (literally) on the considerable chunk of money that she saw coming to her (from a work done) - in fact, she was SURE it was on her bank account - kept living her merry (not wasteful) life as usually... And then realised that, for truly obscure reasons, the money had NOT been paid. Now she is destitute. (Again: literally.)

I hope it is clear - from my other posts, if not from this one - that I absolutely DO believe (and practice) the art of "creation". But the "crickets" have become a nagging question in my mind...

(BTW, just in case, someone else might be wondering: I called them "crickets" because of the Aesopus' fable. : )

Good question. But I also believe in reincarnation and karma.

One of the things that really annoyed me about Esther Hicks - "Abraham" (I'm not a fan) is that she flatly stated in an early book that karma did not exist.

Maybe your cricket was hit over the head with old karma.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

TheBandit795
Great thread.

There are some things that are keeping me busy lately. One is that most of the time, if not almost always we have beliefs, and emotional blocks that keep us in the life that we don't want and keep us focusing on lack.

The majority of these beliefs come from the time we were children where often something small. Parents arguing with each other ( one telling the other, your worthless) which can be picked up by your subconscious mind and develop into an emotional block that will keep you thinking you are wortless, that you deserve nothing, that you are a nobody etc..

These beliefs will be in your face whenever you do the visualization excersizes or will come up as undesirable situations that keep you from getting what you wish for.

There are ways to get rid of these blocks.

BSFF
EFT
The Zero point process
Emotional stress release
Brainwave entrainment

And others...

At the moment I'm using the BSFF and zero point process. They are both really good, and can be learned free. Check them out on google.

Some emotional blocks can be from other incarnations (not just the childhood of this incarnation), and can be very difficult to dissolve.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This thread is so rich with thought-provoking material, it's slow-going for me. Just finished the first seven pages of this thread, only 70 more to go.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Apologies as this thread is sooooo looooong, I haven't had time to finish it. However, I will consider it my nightly reading material until I finish.

Since there has been so much discussion by people with so many different views and experiences, I was hoping some of you may be able to answer a question for me that's been eating at me for weeks.

I have been a recipient of the results of LOA for most of my life, but I didn't know it was LOA. I didn't know what it was. For a while, I thought maybe it was god, or a really good guardian angel, but my life has been a series of coincidences and little miracles. I never understood why things always just seemed to work out for me until I finally heard about LOA a few years ago. This year I've decided to stop dancing lightly on the subject and start to dive in to the inner depths of the topic, and begin to harness and master the technique. Seems like a natural progression to something that's always been working for me anyway, even if I wasn't aware about why or how.

Well, ever since I got serious, started studying, reading, absorbing all I can, doing everything I can to become a better version of myself, to expand my happiness, to adjust my perception of the world around me, my life has started to feel like it's falling apart. I feel like there is a black cloud of bad luck over me all of a sudden. Sometimes, I even feel like there is something dark growing inside me, and that I'm becoming something horrible, a dark version of myself. I don't know why this has happened, but I don't believe in coincidences anymore and this all started the moment I began to take LOA and metaphysics seriously. My intentions were good. I only wanted to create the best possible life for my family, to see my business expand and prosper, for our health to stay good, just overall happiness. But it went the opposite direction. Why has this happened to me? If I were religious, I would just think god is testing me, or the devil is messing with me, but those are not my beliefs. I believe in metaphysics. But I don't understand it enough to know what has happened. Did I do something to cause this on myself?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Interesting, I have experienced something similar; I have (had) this ability to get people to love me. Most people would help me and I always got cut a lot of slack. As I became aware of it though it kinda went away.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Under Water
Apologies as this thread is sooooo looooong, I haven't had time to finish it. However, I will consider it my nightly reading material until I finish.

Since there has been so much discussion by people with so many different views and experiences, I was hoping some of you may be able to answer a question for me that's been eating at me for weeks.

I have been a recipient of the results of LOA for most of my life, but I didn't know it was LOA. I didn't know what it was. For a while, I thought maybe it was god, or a really good guardian angel, but my life has been a series of coincidences and little miracles. I never understood why things always just seemed to work out for me until I finally heard about LOA a few years ago. This year I've decided to stop dancing lightly on the subject and start to dive in to the inner depths of the topic, and begin to harness and master the technique. Seems like a natural progression to something that's always been working for me anyway, even if I wasn't aware about why or how.

Well, ever since I got serious, started studying, reading, absorbing all I can, doing everything I can to become a better version of myself, to expand my happiness, to adjust my perception of the world around me, my life has started to feel like it's falling apart. I feel like there is a black cloud of bad luck over me all of a sudden. Sometimes, I even feel like there is something dark growing inside me, and that I'm becoming something horrible, a dark version of myself. I don't know why this has happened, but I don't believe in coincidences anymore and this all started the moment I began to take LOA and metaphysics seriously. My intentions were good. I only wanted to create the best possible life for my family, to see my business expand and prosper, for our health to stay good, just overall happiness. But it went the opposite direction. Why has this happened to me? If I were religious, I would just think god is testing me, or the devil is messing with me, but those are not my beliefs. I believe in metaphysics. But I don't understand it enough to know what has happened. Did I do something to cause this on myself?

I don’t know if you noticed or not, but this thread was started almost six years ago (Jan 2008). I don’t know if the OP (Skyfloating) is even monitoring this thread anymore.

You have raised an important issue that most LOA teachers never address.

It doesn’t look like anyone else is stepping up to the plate to answer your question. So let me try.

Your experience reminded me of another LOA teacher’s experience: Lynn Grabhorn, another LOA teacher spawned by the Esther Hicks/"Abraham" teachings.

Lynn Grabhorn wrote a book, "Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting: The Astonishing Power of Feelings" (originally published Jan 1999) which became a big hit.
(Skyfloating listed this book as “The Astonishing Power of Feelings” on his list of must-reads for newbies.)

Then she came down with a mysterious illness and wrote,
"Dear God! What's Happening to Us?" (published 2003).

In that book, she described the agonizing pain she was experiencing. It sounded like Multiple Sclerosis to me. She was looking at assisted suicide.

Lynn Grabhorn died on May 5, 2004.

The institute she founded in 2000 refused to answer questions about how she died, suicide or not. I guess they were concerned that it might affect the sales of her books. The official story is that she died of cancer. The rumors that she committed suicide are persistent.

I don’t know what LOA books you’ve read or what your spiritual/religious background is. I believe in God but do not belong to any religion. I have read many, many LOA books. I think Esther Hicks/ “Abraham” is a fake, who put out some really incomplete & bad info.

Getting back to your case, you were born with the gift of manifesting good things easily, without conscious effort. Only when you tried to seize control of this gift by conscious use of the LOA techniques did things go bad.

There are several possibilities here. I will start with the easiest to understand:

1.) Subconscious Resistance. You have a sub-personality that objects to your conscious use of LOA techniques. I highly recommend you read “Ending the Battle Within” (published 1994) by Verlaine Crawford. In it, Crawford discusses how you can use the “Infusion Integration” technique, to resolve inner conflict. Most people do not know themselves well. They have not spent a lot of time looking within. They don’t know what they really want. “Ending the Battle Within” contains many inspiring stories of manifestation.

2.) Painful Karmic impressions of your misuse of psychic or occult power in the past. (Of course, I believe in reincarnation.)
This is not an unusual condition among people drawn to LOA, the paranormal, and occult knowledge. Some are terrified of being given any real power in this lifetime. In your case, you were using LOA unconsciously without problems. The Universe or God (however you want to understand it) brought you what you needed or wanted with little or no effort on your part (the result of good or pleasant past life karma). However, when you started to use LOA techniques in a “ritualized” way to fulfill egocentric desires, it awakened subconscious memories of having misused occult power in a previous life. Suddenly, it seems as if the Universe has turned against you and the energy around you has grown dark. You, yourself, seem to be turning into a darker being. These are warning signs that you must not misuse your power this time.

3.) There is an occult law, that when you begin to shine more brightly, you arouse the interest of the “Forces of Darkness.” If you want to personify this as “Satan and his minions” you can. Or you could call them creatures of the Qliphoth, whatever terms you want to use. This is a generalized, impersonal attack by negative forces. This can be a real problem for anyone pursuing a spiritual path seriously. Think of it this way, you are trying to break free of the negative force field of this planet, and the “forces of gravity” are trying to keep you down. They don’t like anyone trying to escape.

4.) Personal Psychic Attack. This can take different forms. If you shared your dreams with someone else (a secret enemy), he can release forces to counter your efforts. You have aroused his malice and he has the power of the “Evil Eye.” If you were to confront him, he would think you’re nuts. Because he’s doing it on an unconscious level. The Evil Eye is real.

On the other hand, there are “Witch Wars.” This is when you have annoyed a Gray or Black witch, and he is literally working magick to hurt you. This is not anywhere as common as the ordinary Evil Eye. Most people don’t have to worry about this. Unless you’re living in a country like Brazil where it’s not unusual for a person to go to a “witch for hire” to hurt someone using psychic means. You do not need to know about the magick being worked against you, for it to be effective. People who do not think these things are real are naïve.

The Universe is a very mysterious place, much more complicated than the writings of an Esther Hicks/ “Abraham” would lead you to believe. The New Age arena is full of fraud. LOA is an ancient concept that goes back to the ancient Egyptian mystery schools and beyond.

edit on 6-11-2013 by midnightstars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

LafingWithTears
reply to post by Under Water

Interesting, I have experienced something similar; I have (had) this ability to get people to love me. Most people would help me and I always got cut a lot of slack. As I became aware of it though it kinda went away.

This is interesting too. Reminds me of a story by a Sufi student. When she developed the power to read other people's minds, her Teacher could see how her ego was inflating with this new power, and he quickly took the power away.

Everyone has a Teacher on the subtle planes. Looks like your Teacher may have taken away (or reduced) your power to charm others, when he saw you became conscious of it, and could misuse it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightstars

Thanks Midnightstars for showing me some great books to read. And thanks for stepping up an offered such a detailed response to my questions. I've read the secret trilogy and a colleague of mine highly recommended the science of getting rich by wallace wattles. Very old book, very interesting ideas. You can read it online for free and some have made audio book files for it and share it free. A friend of mine is into "Abraham" and while some of the messages are similar, and some of the quotes make good advice, I think Esther is either a total quack or a scam artist. I tried to listen to her but that ever changing accent gave her away. And the whole "channeling" thing is a turn off for me.

I also stumbled on a possible answer last night. If we give gratitude for what we have, and our intention is to create more happiness in our lives, then suddenly its starts to look like we are loosing what we have, and that something has terribly gone wrong, some of us begin to panic and attempt to hold on to what we have, for fear of loosing it. However, this was just the universe removing things out of our lives to make room for what we were attracting towards us. Interfering with that process could halt the good changes that would have come to you.

Soooo, possible explanation? Maybe. Excuse for LoA not working? Maybe. Something I've noticed that both religion and LoA have in common, is the instruction to have faith, especially when things start to go bad.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Weak-minded fools buy into "self-help" rubbish.

It's absolutely ridiculous and doesn't have a shred of credibility except in the minds of dim-wits.

I've seen too many people get sucked up in this garbage.

Under Water

Soooo, possible explanation? Maybe. Excuse for LoA not working? Maybe. Something I've noticed that both religion and LoA have in common, is the instruction to have faith, especially when things start to go bad.

This.

It's circular and entirely illogical. It works when you believe it works?! WTF?? No. Something either works or doesn't.
edit on 6-11-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Under Water

Thanks Midnightstars for showing me some great books to read. And thanks for stepping up an offered such a detailed response to my questions. I've read the secret trilogy and a colleague of mine highly recommended the science of getting rich by wallace wattles. Very old book, very interesting ideas. You can read it online for free and some have made audio book files for it and share it free. A friend of mine is into "Abraham" and while some of the messages are similar, and some of the quotes make good advice, I think Esther is either a total quack or a scam artist. I tried to listen to her but that ever changing accent gave her away. And the whole "channeling" thing is a turn off for me.

Yes, I have a copy of “The Science of Getting Rich” by Wallace D. Wattles. I know the original publication date was a long time ago, like about 1900.( My re-print was published in 2006.) I agree it’s worth reading. Thanks for bringing it up, after all, you didn’t know I had already read it. Also someone else reading your post could be prompted to read it.

I agree with your assessment of Esther Hicks.

I also stumbled on a possible answer last night. If we give gratitude for what we have, and our intention is to create more happiness in our lives, then suddenly its starts to look like we are loosing what we have, and that something has terribly gone wrong, some of us begin to panic and attempt to hold on to what we have, for fear of loosing it. However, this was just the universe removing things out of our lives to make room for what we were attracting towards us. Interfering with that process could halt the good changes that would have come to you.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Venice Bloodworth in “Key to Yourself” (another classic published in 1952), warned that when you start on this path:

“We are creatures of habit in both mind and body, so when we start in to change habits of thought, we must be ever on our guard for when we seek to change ourselves in any way it seems as though everything goes against us. But, remember, that if we want to change our course when driving an automobile, we must stop, back up, go forward and maybe back again before we get turned around; so changing the impressions and habits of our subconscious mind we must experience some difficulty.”

Of course, Bloodworth was referring to people who are habitually negative.

In any case, this is a very positive way of looking at your difficulties. In the process of cleaning, you have stirred up a lot of “dust.”

Yes, Faith is key.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

webedoomed
Weak-minded fools buy into "self-help" rubbish.

It's absolutely ridiculous and doesn't have a shred of credibility except in the minds of dim-wits.

I've seen too many people get sucked up in this garbage.

Under Water

This.

It's circular and entirely illogical. It works when you believe it works?! WTF?? No. Something either works or doesn't.
edit on 6-11-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

I have to admit, i have trouble with faith. It's part of why I quit religion in my teens. And the only thing that really caught my attention since then, was when I started to read and understand more and more about metaphysics, and specifically LoA, not because I was I was looking for something to believe in, but because for the first time, I heard something that may explain experiences I've always had but couldn't explain. And while the "if you believe it, it will work" statement sounds like a convenient excuse for something not working, there is still possibility in that statement, when we are talking about the power of thought, and our minds. I know first hand there is some kind of power of thought, that I don't claim to fully understand, but want to.

While it's healthy to have an open mind, and healthy to be skeptical, I'm not going to jump to black and white assumptions when I know we as a human race barely have begun to understand the mysteries of the inner workings of the universe. In the end, it probably won't matter who was right or wrong, but how we lived. We could make an effort to be positive, or we can spend our lives believing we are "doomed".

edit on 6-11-2013 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Skyfloating

"You can have everything you want"
This is such a simplified, mass-marketing-like statement that it can be said to be untrue. You cannot "have everything you want" since the mere act of wanting implies a seperation from that which is wanted. Make sense? There are billions of people wanting stuff all their lives without getting it. Id put "the law of attraction" this way: You can have everything you believe you already have". I´ll explain this in later posts.

I think it is true, but there is so much complexity within a personality psychologically, for example a common narcissist would be in that position because the 'wanting' causes an emotional reaction sort of like a drug, a reward system that causes them to have other emotions, and they will keep on wanting more and more, not satisfied. I am not a narcissist but try to focus on reality. For me it comes down to 2 categories planning and other people. Planning involves surviving in society and working, enabling a person to attain the things they want. The second category of other people is something we have less control over - because another person may be too stubborn to know what they want or what is best for them.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

midnightstars

Under Water

edit on 11-11-2013 by LafingWithTears because: mada a mistake

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

4.) Personal Psychic Attack. This can take different forms. If you shared your dreams with someone else (a secret enemy), he can release forces to counter your efforts. You have aroused his malice and he has the power of the “Evil Eye.” If you were to confront him, he would think you’re nuts. Because he’s doing it on an unconscious level. The Evil Eye is real.

I have been thinking about this; So this is like a manifestation of another persons jealousy, resentment, covetousness, envy, etc?
I will share a personal story; I have recently paid off our car, within a week my wife got into an accident & totaled the car (wife is OK) i did tell a couple of people about making my last car payment as I was happy to get out from under the debt. I have had a couple of other instances (undesirable things happening) with uncanny timing such as this.
Ever read anything by Robert Greene? he says that make no mistake, if you receive a promotion or other honor you will awaken real possibly lasting resentment in some other people.
Discretion also called secrecy, basically the ability to censor your own tongue & keep your mouth shut is numbered among the monastic spiritual disciplines, apparently it is a part of being wise. Probably what Jesus was referring to when he cautioned against casting pearls before swine.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

LafingWithTears

I have been thinking about this; So this is like a manifestation of another persons jealousy, resentment, covetousness, envy, etc?

Yes.

I will share a personal story; I have recently paid off our car, within a week my wife got into an accident & totaled the car (wife is OK) i did tell a couple of people about making my last car payment as I was happy to get out from under the debt. I have had a couple of other instances (undesirable things happening) with uncanny timing such as this.

Thank you for sharing that, your experience is not isolated. The "Evil Eye" generated by malice & jealousy is real and can wreak havoc in the life of the target. Modern Westerners usually laugh at the notion of the "Evil Eye" as if only the ignorant & superstitious could believe in such a thing. Yet the ancient belief in the "Evil Eye" can be found almost everywhere. They knew.

Ever read anything by Robert Greene? he says that make no mistake, if you receive a promotion or other honor you will awaken real possibly lasting resentment in some other people.

"The 48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene -- I have not read it yet. Sounds Machiavellian, but I think we should be aware of these "laws."

Some people can be difficult to understand. If you do not have a jealous nature, it can seem insane that anyone would be so jealous as to wish ill on someone simply because they have something you don't. Yet that kind of "ill-wishing" is more common than we want to think about.

It's related to the German word, schadenfreude, literally "joy in someone's harm or damage." I would really have to hate someone to take joy in their pain. What ugly emotions.

Discretion also called secrecy, basically the ability to censor your own tongue & keep your mouth shut is numbered among the monastic spiritual disciplines, apparently it is a part of being wise. Probably what Jesus was referring to when he cautioned against casting pearls before swine.

Exactly. That's why it's not only not a good idea to talk about your dreams & desires with other people, but it's not a good idea to talk about the "Law of Attraction" with other people in general (I'm talking about in your "real" life).

Talking about your good fortune can also be interpreted as "boasting" which is an effective way to arouse other people's anger, as well as their jealousy.

Just about every LOA teacher I've read (especially the older, more experienced ones) caution their students to maintain secrecy about their LOA "work."

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Ihave read "Mastery" by Greene and his "48 laws of power" a couple of times, if I remember correctly the comment about promotion was in Mastery, I wish I had read Mastery in my 20s or early 30s and I recommend it. The 48 laws of power is very interesting, the actual practice of many of these laws I would find repellent, though as you have noted it is good to be aware so you can see when someone is attempting to run one of these on you.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And then it was gone

edit on 14-11-2013 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was experimenting with Law of Attraction again.

[B] What I learned this time is to not worry about how realistic the situation is, just make up any situation but most importantly focus on the THING you want

If you want, you can focus / imagine eating Pizza in outer-space and pizza will still come to you.

[B] Focus (visualize) some THING specific , if you are not sure about the qualities you want the THING to have, just be random. For example, if you want pizza don't worry about the type just focus on any type.

[B] Don't worry about emotions. Don't fake it, as long as it is something you want and it doesn't feel bad that is good enough. Faking extreme happy emotiond you don't feel is being fake and may mess things up. Let it be natural.

[B] Don't worry about whether or not this is too materialistic. Remember, physicality is just energy wearing the mask of material-matter playing in the world of form. Energy attracts to each other moving around through attraction (love and desire).

[B] DO NOT OBSESS AND YEARN IN NEEDINESS. Focus on the THINGS you want. Not just one thing. Keep switching focus between the things you want otherwise you may feel neediness and unhappiness which will mess you up. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! [/B]

To me, this is like a science experiment. It's fun how I test it and through trail and error see what works best in personal experience. If I learn more I will share.

The most important thing in summary is this:

"ALL PHYSICAL THINGS ARE ENERGY AND THE NATURE OF ENERGY IS ATTRACTION TO LIKE ENERGIES THROUGH FOCUS, THEREFORE FOCUS IS THE KEY SO FOCUS ON ALL THAT YOU WANT INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU DONT"

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join