It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

LafingWithTears
reply to post by midnightstars

... The 48 laws of power is very interesting, the actual practice of many of these laws I would find repellent, though as you have noted it is good to be aware so you can see when someone is attempting to run one of these on you.

Exactly. You understood what I meant.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The thing most people forget when it comes to Law of Attraction is that the SUB-CONSCIOUS is a larger part of the mind (90%) than the CONSCIOUS (10%).

If you just think do affirmations or think in words to bring what you want into your life, it will not have much of an effect. However, if you imagine with Pictures, Sounds, and The Sensation of what the thing you want physically feels like - it will have a much greater effect.

The Sub-Conscious loves change, so it doesn't matter how Long you imagine what you want, only how Often. Think about the image or images throughout the day, but if you try to hold that one image it will get boring because The Sub-Conscious likes to think about many different Images and Sounds (but mostly images), so make sure it is positive.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

arpgme

The thing most people forget when it comes to Law of Attraction is that the SUB-CONSCIOUS is a larger part of the mind (90%) than the CONSCIOUS (10%).

If you just think do affirmations or think in words to bring what you want into your life, it will not have much of an effect. However, if you imagine with Pictures, Sounds, and The Sensation of what the thing you want physically feels like - it will have a much greater effect.

The Sub-Conscious loves change, so it doesn't matter how Long you imagine what you want, only how Often. Think about the image or images throughout the day, but if you try to hold that one image it will get boring because The Sub-Conscious likes to think about many different Images and Sounds (but mostly images), so make sure it is positive.

Good advice.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
law of attraction is about yourself origins of subconscious inconscious origins of thoughts in intuition instintive plane of your true self know of intuition instintive know and intuition instintive plane not in material plane or material know with the agree confirm of material nature that catch us and make us programmed do not know about your self true nature of intuition instintive know and plane in acordance with nature of material of agree confirm and made aware in material plane and material know that you forget your self true nature of intuition instintive and subconscious inconscious thoughts to know more about yourself and know what you think that know
www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-1-2014 by regfs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
you dont are the body nor mind www.youtube.com...

TRANSCEND THE MATERIAL PLANE AND KNOW TRANSCEND THE MATERIAL KNOW TRANSCEND TRANSCEND KNOW YOUR SELF TRUE NATURE OF INTUITION INSTINTIVE PLANE AND KNOW YOU DONT ARE THE BODY NOR MIND TRANSCEND TRANSCEND www.youtube.com... TRANSCEND TRANSCEND TRANSCEND

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
When the things you possess outlive their usefulness they start possessing you. So people who collect things are often being collected by their things. Who needs ten cars or twenty bikes or a collection of watches. It is in the nature of things that they only bring satisfaction for a short time then when the newness wears off they become boring because you are familiar with them. This is why extremely rich people can never get enough possessions and that they are so frustrated. There is always someone that has more than you and so it is a pointless exercise to try to catch up or even compete. My advice is limit yourself to what you have need of and then take care of those who need and have nothing. It is in the nature of men that this is the only path to true satisfaction. Sure go to a country on vacation but veer of the beaten path go to the nearest poor village and ask the school teacher what they have need of. You would be surprised how great the need is and how much your help can actually achieve. A memorable vacation.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Focus is an interesting way to put it... i have a "connection" with electrical items that kind of works the way you explained

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is how the law of attraction works. The spirit inside of you is in enmity with your flesh. Sort of polar negatives. One wins at the expense of the other. This is what the spirit says. If I be lifted up (the spirit) I shall draw all men to myself. You see much flesh being lifted up by vanity and greed and they do attract some men such as movie stars, rock stars, sports idols even political figures but not all men. Only the spirit can do that because it is the spirit of God. All flesh will wither and fade away and all that is left is a legend of past glory. However the spirit of God is immortal and it lives in you. If you lift it up at the expense of your flesh you will be transformed into the likeness of God and all men will be attracted to you.
edit on 2-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Hi Skyfloating,

If I visualise something that is against my life path, such as being with an ex-lover, buying a dream house etc, will it still come true? or is it always destined to fail?

Kalixi

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Kalixi

You want answers to questions you are not ready to ask. If you think owning a Ferrari will make you happy you will not know the answer until you have owned one or two or three. Then you will know that these are just things. You could get trapped forever in a cycle of greed and dissatisfaction that makes you think that more will work better but it works even less. I am not saying that your first Ferrari is not a pleasant experience but it does not last and the pleasure diminishes with time. Only when you are able to understand that material things cannot truly satisfy will you be ready to ask the right question. How can I get some satisfaction. Then I will be able to explain to you about your God nature and the things that make God happy. In the mean time I guess you must live and learn because my words might as well be spoken in a desert with no one listening.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

arpgme

While this is true, there is something about words, and especially writing. Its almost like it has a special spiritual "magical" function.

also, when you state things, they always say, not to use a negative. Not to say, I feel no pain. Well, when I was having extreme tooth, impacted and severe pain that I had to pace with for hours. And took something that was a stronger anti inflammatory than ibprofun along with alternating t1's. That was what stopped the pacing, the stronger stuff.

But also, being able to say, for several minutes, " I am in no pain, my mouth has no pain, it is healing up nicely now. I have no pain." worked better than any other wording and it would lift within minutes at times.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In the beginning was the word and the word was God. Only humans are able to formulate words and turn abstract thoughts into concepts. This is a very God like ability and a creative ability at that as well as a destructive one. Say you could speak a Utopian paradise into existence or a brutal regime with gulags and extermination camps. All these realities products of what initially were just words. As it was in the beginning so shall it be in the end. Restoration of the authority of the word to it's proper place as a creative force rather than a destructive one has to do with the elimination of the forces that rule this world. Namely greed and vanity. Greed is the motivating factor in the speech of many irresponsible Gods that have selfish agendas not based on mutual good but selfish desires. As for vanity everything is vanity. Your appearance, your education, your talent , your skill, your moral values, your achievements, your false modesty even your creativity, everything. It is a matter of survival of the species that we change or renew our minds to think collectively as one with one mind and one purpose. This new mind is the crown of glory, the oneness of Utopia. The kingdom of God where we are all kings equal and equally minded.
edit on 4-3-2014 by allthings2allmen because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thing about the law of attraction is that it doesn't work for most people. No matter how many times they visualize, affirm, and think positively. Why? Because there's so much negativity seated within them that won't hesitate to shatter any faith they manage to sum up into their being. You could say something like "I have a shiny red car" all day but because you care so much about having it you generate fear, doubt, and resistance as soon as you come back to "reality" and it all sinks in that you don't have that car. You get frustrated and depressed and usually quit attempting the law of attraction. So simply tell yourself constantly "Fear, doubt, and resistance have completely left me". Once you have no fear, doubt, or resistance then you can only imagine what you can be truly capable of.

I'd assume fear, doubt, and resistance would be replaced by joy, confidence, and faith.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Rtardx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It is more about having worthy objectives than about the results of achieving those objectives most people are so focused on the rewards that they forget the objective let alone pass the test of worthiness. We are living under the rule of the flesh and the spirit is just a stow away passenger in the prison of the flesh. The flesh wants the spirit to give it everything it desires but the spirit is just a prisoner in a dungeon of flesh. What the spirit has in store for the flesh is way beyond what flesh is capable of dreaming up. But for this to happen the flesh must let the spirit be in charge. This will not happen because the flesh is a control freak and will not give up the reign to the spirit. It is a bad marriage at best till death do us part. But spirit is immortal it goes on living forever. Flesh withers away and dies. The spirit returns to itself and can't wait to get another chance to experience mortality just to start all over the again the same infernal cycle of control and death. However for those lucky enough to be alive at this particular moment in time is they have a chance to be translated into eternity without having to taste death. The surrender to spirit is still the condition on the table because flesh profits nothing. For flesh to give up it's control is equivalent to jumping of a cliff by faith. Not for the faint of heart. But the reward is great. It is called the first resurrection and it is a period in time that lasts a thousand years. After that everybody else joins them in what is called the second resurrection which is for everybody including Hitler and Stalin and other assorted villains. So pretty much in eternity the social question will be were you part of the first or the second resurrection. Like I have stated before there is no glory to be resurrected at the same time as child molesters, scum of the earth, dictators and religious people. Just a general clean up effort. But for those who show the way the rewards are unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I LOVE This Topic! ThankQ! S&F!

"This is a brand new thing" and "This is a new new age thing"
Nope. Its not new at all. It used to be underground or "occult science" or "secret science". Take for example the 1930s book called "Thoughtforms" by Leadbeater/Besant (Theosophists) which teaches that thoughts can densify and become physical matter. But its even older than that. As far back as the 3rd Century kabbalists were talking about "visualizing things in order to create them" (see for example interpretations of the ancient book sefer yeritzah)

This is not a new idea or concept though.....you are very accurate & open minded. I like that.

I would like to relate an experience however, just to get your theoretic response on it for I do not believe there is a true logical/scientific/religious explanation despite having witnessed and been a part of it. Yet I do understand it, just not the same way as most people would as I am not of religious beliefs or non religious beliefs either way and remain indifferent to both inspite of this old/ancient phenomena's fairly frequent occurrences.

Deep breath lol! Now:

I HAD to take 8 years of Theology as part of my University course as well as Aboriginal Studies, ( Which I believe should be called Multiple Cultural Studies for that is truly what it entails ), to better understand people on a somewhat more personal level which actually is very useful and I am disappointed they are now only an asset, not mandatory, albeit they are not why I am not of religious beliefs or non religious beliefs either way and remain indifferent to both.

We were taught 1 that encompasses it all though we were taught a different spelling and somewhat different meaning.
Ellegory. = According to the Pentecostal Reverend Linklater and the Hopi Natives/Star Children and other native tribes, True Ellegory is ONE collective THOUGHT enmass, that manifests into the reallity of a GROUP thought such as rain dances, a group dancing, thinking or chanting ONE prayer for rain and the rain will manifest into a reality, or in Faith Healing/ridding people of bad health, home situations, etc, by a Group of a congregation, ALL linking hands into a linked circle ALL with ONE thought or chanting prayer for whichever person in the circles center of whom needs the healing of health or unstable, oft dangerous problems, and that ONE ELLEGORY of thought or chanted prayers for the person in the center until it ' manifests into a reality and that person is healed mind, body, heart and soul, or a sudden drastic change occurs for the improvement or disappearance of that person's potentially dangerous, otherwise difficult woes.

www.js.emory.edu...'%20Principles%20(DRB).p df

ask.ijunoon.com...

NOT Allegory.

al·le·go·ry
ˈaləˌgôrē/Submit
noun
a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one.
"Pilgrim's Progress is an allegory of the spiritual journey"
synonyms: parable, analogy, metaphor, symbol, emblem More

In the history of Biblical exegesis allegory represents a distinct type of interpretation, dating back to pre-Christian times, practiced particularly by the Alexandrian Jews, and adopted by the early Church Fathers and still practiced and defended by the Roman Catholic church. This method insists that the literal sense, particularly of historical passages, does not exhaust the divinely purposed meaning of such passages, but that these latter also include a deeper and higher spiritual and mystical sense. The fourfold sense ascribed to the Scriptures finds its expression in the well-known saying:

Littera gesta docet; quid credas, allegorica; moralis, quid agas, quid speres, anagogica ("The letter shows things done; what you are to believe, the allegoric; what you are to do, the moral; what you are to hope, the anagogic"), according to which the allegorical is the hidden dogmatical meaning to be found in every passage.

In the history of Biblical exegesis allegory represents a distinct type of interpretation, dating back to pre-Christian times, practiced particularly by the Alexandrian Jews, and adopted by the early Church Fathers and still practiced and defended by the Roman Catholic church. This method insists that the literal sense, particularly of historical passages, does not exhaust the divinely purposed meaning of such passages, but that these latter also include a deeper and higher spiritual and mystical sense. The fourfold sense ascribed to the Scriptures finds its expression in the well-known saying:

Littera gesta docet; quid credas, allegorica; moralis, quid agas, quid speres, anagogica ("The letter shows things done; what you are to believe, the allegoric; what you are to do, the moral; what you are to hope, the anagogic"), according to which the allegorical is the hidden dogmatical meaning to be found in every passage.

al•le•go•ry (ˈæl əˌgɔr i, -ˌgoʊr i)

n., pl. -ries.
1. the representation of spiritual, moral, or other abstract meanings through the actions of fictional characters that serve as symbols.
2. an allegorical or figurative narrative, poem, or the like: the allegory of Piers Plowman.
3. emblem (def. 3).
[1350–1400; Middle English < Latin allēgoria < Greek allēgoría, derivative of allēgoreîn to speak so as to imply something other = all- all- + -ēgorein to speak (see category)]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright Statement
These files are public domain.
Bibliography Information
Orr, James, M.A., D.D. General Editor. "Entry for 'ALLEGORY'". "International Standard Bible Encyclopedia". 1915.

I thought myself an atheist or agnostic. I didn't know that though I'd been baptized Roman Catholic, that I was neither. I was/am merely indifferent. I am the way I want to be. I always, right from my 1st spanking at 9 months old & up, never liked ANYTHING forced on me. It is my 1st memory. Someone had littered on the floor of our family business. It was a toy. I WAS going to pick it up, look at it, maybe play with it if I liked it. Then I was going to hand it over to one of my now late parents. NOBODY ever understood how difficult it had been on me having a mostly absent Father while he worked away from the business/home till it was all paid off and a mostly absent Mother who left me alone in the house part of our business while working in it, having about 10 different relatives pop in and out on me till the boy who was already a serial killer by age 12, also no deceased, would get out of school and come baby sit me till the business closed at 3 or 4 am. I was lucky he thought of me as a baby sister he never did get. He talked though out doing his homework, cooking, cleaning and play games with me as like today, I never did sleep much to the annoyance of my parents.
So my parents, upon my birth, found out they'd never be able to have more children together, decided I would never become, " One of those spoiled only child type person. I must have learned things from the boy who babysat me.
So because my parents didn't know it wasn't my toy, tried to make me pick it up. Even though I'd been about to, once they told me to, I refused. I think it was their tone. I had just began walking, and tried to walk away but my Mom held me and my Dad spanked me. I was out of diapers already so it hurt but I wouldn't let the see me cry and didn't. I'm sure I didn't understand any principals for my behavior yet though. When one parent was there the other wasn't. Both Alcoholics, my Mom an addict. I got blamed for EVERYTHING wrong, never credited for ANYTHING good, leading to many spankings, groundings, all girls Roman Catholic School, me running away from it at 14 and an arranged marriage at 15 to an alcohol, mean, abusive, slut, Minister's spoiled, troublesome son, ending in divorce and 2 little girls by 28. Got my life together, University, great job, only to be struck with Multiple Scleroses which may be be L.E.M.S instead, yet I prevail, and at 49.5, no respect for whiners.
So early in an already bad marriage, I was a volunteer at an old folks personal care home after school and on weekends.
One Sunday I was asked to bring 5 old folks to the Pentecostal Church for a special service.
That service was 4 hours of their definition of Ellegory.
Not only did I witness it being reality, I was made to be part of the circle and to enter the circle by a friend.
I felt the power of unity almost like electricity and I got a scholarship for 4 years of collage to 1 great job, then another scholarship to 4 years of total University in the same field, to another great job enabling me to take my 2 little girls and divorcing the guy I was married to. Things were great for 31+ years before falling apart in 2001 May 6th.
Even though my ex-husband had my girls baptized at 6 months old, I let them decide whether or not they wanted to attend. They tried in their early teens and I naturally attended with them, though Saturdays was Pentecostal and Sundays were Anglican.
One daughter kept going to the Anglican Church and had my 1 Grandson and Grand-Daughter baptized there at 6 months 2 years apart. My daughter is far from an Angel and though I don't like thinking it, never mind saying it, she is a hypocritical, trouble inducing, has everything alcoholic, secret addict, cheating wife who pays no mind to her very intelligent children, married to a guy just like herself, yet she is not happy or satisfied despite life being a cat walk for her, never letting on how hard I had to work keeping her out of juvie and then jail, ungrateful I used every contact I had to keep her uncharged and free. She's the one who looks like me but is her father and my parents,
My other daughter only went to the Pentecostal church till no longer interested in summer camp held close enough she could sneak off to Classic Rock week with her friends and other activities they used to bring the young in, in hopes they'll continue. her life revolves around her children, my other Grand-Daughter, Grandson, fiance,( As she divorced the creep her father insisted she marry of whom is just like him), her home, not rich but very community orientated, happy, and is leaving baptisms up to her children when they are old enough to decide for themselves and remains like me and close to me even though I am no longer the girls bank. She is not clingy like her sister used to be, she has never been in serious trouble and strives hard for what she wants as I did, not expecting everything handed to her on a silver platter. She's the one who looks like her father in a very petite way, yet is mainly me and my late father in his latter years.
They are different as day and night, they used to look identical but now one is like Marilyn Monroe and fair, while the other is more similar in appearance to Judy Garland and darker.
Yet they were raised the same.
Yet all in all, WE were the ones who've made thing we want manifest. By the way we act, the things we do, the 3 of us can picture what we want and obtain it. However, it is not out of Majick. It is STILL under our understanding of Ellegory. In other words we decide, not actually wish, we set goal we know we are capable of, WE strive toward our goals till they manifest, we don't sit back waiting.
All aspects of the 3 constants in life, ( We are born, we live as best as we can, we die ), understanding our mistakes are our own, our achievements our our own, how easy it can be to fall into routines and cycles, trials and tribulations, and if all the roads and paths are filled with hurdles, going around and or over them, and though the respect of our peers can lift us up, we can live without it if it means injustices need be to gain them. We know we are human with flaws and faults and we know we are not better than others, that our lives have purpose we may never fully understand for life is too short to sweat the little things no matter their impact and anyting IS possible. And Karma is very real in the now.

After 3 years bound to a wheel chair, I've been out of it, walking for the last 8, but knowing people were pulling for me along with me, helped largely, yet knowing I could be back in it at anytime, strive not to be, that we all have a number and when it's called, it is what it is so enjoy whatever joys life brings no matter how small for there may not be many at all, and we could be gone any moment, day, week, month, year, and though we may not exactly know when, there is a when which we have an idea of but don't say though we know ....... And if were strong we see it through anyway we can even through suffering, one smile can make it all worthwhile. If we are weak, we 1st rely on others or give in and die without suicide. So knowing we can will our own demise, why not will our lives?
My paternal great Grand-Father used to say, " Maybe Yesterday, Maybe Tomorrow." I understand that. Do you?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by allthings2allmen

your word is wisdom

But is it not,the internal expression of the ego as to the way or why freedom is not harnessed by men, as with any organism, its will to survive over men, is stronger, self righteousness and imprisons, by the egos relentless opinion of others and the self, that means, mans ego the internal unresolved alchemy, ignored that is the word of man deceived?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I love LoA threads, I started only a few short years ago and still have a lot to learn. Here are some of my own favorite misconceptions

If I want something bad enough, it will manifest.
All that does is create a "NEED" when we NEED something, we will only find ourselves in more instances where we NEED that thing we're NEEDing. If I keep saying I NEED two hundred dollars, it will only create more outcomes in which I NEED that money. (higher bills, less hours at work,speeding ticket, etc) I always tell people not to feed the NEED. Nobody likes desperation, not even the Universe. This is why most people fail at manifestation. Where did this assumption even come from anyway?

Something must be wrong with me, its been over two weeks/months and I still cant manifest.
Well duh, that's because your self limiting thoughts have just ruined anything you have tried to put into fruition. If you believe something is wrong with you, then most likely your subconscious has already deemed itself "unable" Don't expect anything from the universe at this point.

I watched The Secret and they said.....
Yeah, where do I start with this one?

I HAVE depression, I HAVE a bad marriage, I HAVE an infection, I HAVE,HAVE,HAVE and need to use LoA to get rid of it.
By saying you "HAVE" it, you are already claiming it as yours, which is what LoA'ers do. We profess things as ours by saying we HAVE them in order to get them. I'm not saying to ignore a medical condition just be careful with word choice and stop saying you HAVE it, this defeats the purpose of LoA. Also avoid saying "my" such as "my depression" "my bad marriage" "my infection" I'm going to get rid of "this" depression, I'm going to fix "this" bad marriage disassociates you from the illness/situation

I just have to visualize and "let it go" as in forget all about it.
This is where people screw up big time. They visualize, then forget about it, not realizing that "let it go" means to detach yourself. This goes back to misconception #1 You cant NEED it, nor can you "forget" Simply live your life as though you already have it, talk about it in the present tense, like it's yours already; but realize that your life will not go to hell if you don't get it. The universe simply has another door for you to walk through. If you "forget" chances are the universe will too. It also helps to think of your desire as an income tax return, we already know what we will do with the money because we know for a fact it's on it's way after filing. If you know for a fact your desire it on its way the way you believe in those checks, you will get it.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Whoa, didn't even realize this was almost 80 pages long!
I may have already discussed what someone else said at this point in the game

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Sky floating. If I may make a small remark about your watch. It is of poor taste and does not reflect well on your character. Why would I know if I haven't been there and done that. You want to reflect an image of having good taste and being successful. Imagine Jesus with a solid gold rolex. It is not appropriate for a time when most people are suffering financially. And it shows poor taste to anyone who knows anything about watches. I used to wear a Solid gold watch which was a hand wound glass hute from Langue and sone with four complications. At forty thousand dollars paid for it cash it was of impeccable taste. Now looking back at it it makes me feel ashamed that I thought it was a valid statement. But you would never see me wearing a gold rolex which I find to be the ugliest watch ever made. Change your avatar if you really want to be taken seriously. Live and learn.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fingle

Ego is a manmade excuse for just about anything. You are what you are we define ourselves some through others opinions and the more intelligent will adjust to meet the others ego amazing what you can achieve if you just listen

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join