It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hello all!

I am very intrigued by this thread and the subject matter. I have a question though. Let's see what you all think.

I am a certified computer repair person. I've been fixing computers for years and I am very confident and optimistic about my ability to fix almost any issue that comes my way, including fixing other small electronic devices like iPods and digital cameras. What is interesting, and it happens quite often, is that someone will approach me with a laptop or digital camera that is dead. They will try to power it on in front of me and the device will fail to power on almost every time for them. Usually, they hand me the device and I look at it for a second and then hit the power switch.....it comes right on. They are usually baffled and say it never comes on for them. I usually laugh it off by saying something generic, like "I must have the magic touch, ha ha!"

I have a theory that plumbers, electricians, car mechanics, skilled tradesmen would agree with me on some level about all this. I wonder if because I'm confident with most technical problems and see alot of success at fixing issues that I am somehow tapping into LOA, because of my ability to see and be familiar with success at fixing unfixable technical issues......any thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by metatronscube

My two cents?

Thats a tough one mate. I mean, i generally apply rule that you cannot change physical reality through thought manifestation. That is, you cannot turn your cat into a cow by believeing that your cat is a cow.

However, perhaps you have something there. It is conceivable that LOA (or whichever term we use) could allow you to find the solution to a problem; such as fixing a borken iPod. You believe you can fix it so you bring the solution into your experience and therefore know how to fix it.

But physically making a device function by believing it, i just dont get how it could work.

I would be fascinated to hear someone who believes otherwise though and how that would work, because its an interesting point you bring up.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by srsen]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Here's mine :

"How can I use the Law of Attraction to help me overcome Mind Control?"

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simple
I have done some reading about the law of attracttion. I often find most of this is tied to a greater being or conciousness god or spiritualness. I now ask Skyfloater or anyone else for that matter how does all this tie into the E.T. phenomenon. I am specifically referring to their spiritual side.

Opinion (short-version): The universe is full of life. "ET-Contact can be attracted". Too much preoccupation with ETs not necessary. Contact easier if you feel "on level" with them.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by metatronscube

I strongly agree with your post. A "vibe" that becomes habitual has strong effects on the environment. Thats the basis of expertise and thats why we pay professionals.

Thats why cultists seek out the presence of their guru. Thats why those who want to be rich, seek out the company of the rich. They wanna "get into that field".

Thats why the repairman has the "magic touch".

Thanks a lot for pointing out this aspect.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
I would be fascinated to hear someone who believes otherwise though and how that would work, because its an interesting point you bring up.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by srsen]

I believe otherwise. Just a few months ago I had a pretty large dent in my car, someone had driven into it while it was parked, and escaped. Applying LOA, I didnt give much credence to it (no anger, no response) and just went about my day as if it never happened. I didnt tell others about it either. Two days later I parked my car at the same spot. Upon returning, the dent was gone, as if it had never been there. Although I apply LOA often, I still couldnt believe my eyes. I started asking people if they had secretly taken my car to the repairshop while I was gone, but that was nonsense because I had the car-keys all along.

And this is just one example.

This is somewhat different from a cat becoming a cow though, because first of all, you are talking about living beings and not objects (and they have a will of their own) and second of all it overwhelms the "threshhold of believability".

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Here's mine :
"How can I use the Law of Attraction to help me overcome Mind Control?"

Being a victim of Mind-Control is the polar opposite of being a self-determined creator. Its a rare and extreme loss of control over ones reality, having others control ones reality. Mind Control victims, having been on the far side of the pendulum, do have it in them to become powerful creators though, because the rubber band can someday snap back to the extreme opposite.

Cutting the ties from "handlers", "remote influencers" etc. is a step-by-step process, perhaps accompanied by trusted professional therapists.

It probably begins with recovery of some memories and the strong desire not to put up with it anymore.

Next would be emotions of rage and revenge in order to restore self-confidence and elevate oneself above the fear-shame-depression frequencies.

After the rage has eased off, one would be practicing increasing ones energy (in secret) to a frequency-level that is outside the range of the "handlers" and "controllers". This would have to go hand in hand with assuming some responsibility for what happened and (here´s the difficult part) intentional forgiveness. Of course, of the last level (rage) hasnt been acted out, forgiveness will be difficult. In any case, ascending to levels of joy and inner peace, puts one out of range of the deranged and perverted. That may manifest in them "loosing interest" or not even finding you anymore or becoming afraid of you. Having your body overflow with bliss/love kills the demon. Disclaimer: It can take awhile to practice new frequency levels.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I use the realm of Dreams as LOA playgrounds, although manifesting my intentions in dreams is infinitely more immediate. I use the same thought patterns for manifestation in the dream world. I lucid dream as a means of increasing awareness on the path to enlightenment and enhance my ever evolving creative abilities.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thank you Skyfloating.

I'm consciously in the process of it as we speak. Thanks again for some additional guidelines, support and invaluable suggestions.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Anyone have any favorite websites on this?

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Anyone have any favorite websites on this?

I have my internet-explorer open to www.abraham-hicks.com to read the daily quote offered there. The website contains loads of free information. This source is, in my opinion, the ideal beginners-playground because its put in simple words and is free of much of the hype-baggage offered on other websites.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by metatronscube
somehow tapping into LOA, because of my ability to see and be familiar with success at fixing unfixable technical issues......any thoughts on this?

i have experienced the same phenomenon. I would say the easier (and better) explanation is user error. Most people having these problems, are simply not tech savvy, and don't know how to operate machines properly in general.

LoA is just a subtle way of taking the credit in your scenario.

Depending on how busy I am at work later today, I may try to post my own take on LoA in detail. This seems like the best thread for it yet. Thanks again SkyFloating.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

My version of loa doesnt differntiate betwen being tech-savvy and being a "frequency-match" to something. In this sense I use the following words synonymously:

Learning, Attention, Familiarity, Expertise, Frequency-Match, Belief, Trust, Being-Something, Focus, Vibrating, Being an energy-match.

I look forward to your (surely more conservative
) take on LOA.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli
I use the realm of Dreams as LOA playgrounds, although manifesting my intentions in dreams is infinitely more immediate. I use the same thought patterns for manifestation in the dream world. I lucid dream as a means of increasing awareness on the path to enlightenment and enhance my ever evolving creative abilities.

Certainly. I view the dream-state as "halfway manifested" or the mediator between non-physical and physical.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

While I agree with what you are saying, Ive become very careful (in my professional work) of how I phrase things. Certain way of teaching things will for example, cause people to spend too much time looking for blocks and too little time looking for happiness. I would take the 80-20 ratio of only looking to solve problems 20% of the time and looking to experience something good 80% of the time.

Yes I'm changing that as well.

What's interesting is that I've heard that the more people benefit from your creating process, the faster and better it works. It's usually a win/win situation.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by metatronscube
Usually, they hand me the device and I look at it for a second and then hit the power switch.....it comes right on. They are usually baffled and say it never comes on for them. I usually laugh it off by saying something generic, like "I must have the magic touch, ha ha!"

Happens to me sometimes too. I'm an IT technician and manager. Clients call me with computer problems they can't solve, and when I'm behind the computer, it suddenly starts to work perfectly. It happened last week for the last time. The IT technician who was having problems with the pc, got frustrated and wanted to strangle me for a few seconds..

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

What's interesting is that I've heard that the more people benefit from your creating process, the faster and better it works. It's usually a win/win situation.

If in tune with the general direction things are going, its easier, yeah.
Its like the difference between paddling up- or downstream.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
That is most certainly correct. If you go back to the 'car park' sequence, we see a new user making an effort to control the availability of parking spaces. We do this very same thing only on a continuous basis. It is an accepted fact for us that space will always be available so for us. It is a creation that is ongoing and does not end. It is 97% effective. In the times it is not, both of us will stop and take a close look at exactly how we 'feel' at that time. In every single case we were indulging in either a petty argument, or some other negativity.

I believe very definitely in a standing order that never ends as long as you are ready to put the effort in to remain fully positive. Now I say 'put the effort in' because in todays world it does take a great effort to remain positive. Far more than any generation yet.

The car dent, can be explained in the advanced methodologies but when you get into the specifics there, replication and accuracy testing can lead to thier own very serious problems. That is far beyond what has already been let loose on the profane.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

While I agree with what you are saying, Ive become very careful (in my professional work) of how I phrase things. Certain way of teaching things will for example, cause people to spend too much time looking for blocks and too little time looking for happiness. I would take the 80-20 ratio of only looking to solve problems 20% of the time and looking to experience something good 80% of the time.

Yes I'm changing that as well.

Dead on the money. That is a fundamental principle and secret within the process. The example of the wife's promotion shows the correct application of the process.

1. Something was not as good as it could be, and a vision to correct it was there. 2. She was not able to use her full capabilities. 3. The company had a direct need as an entity that needed to grow. 4. Customer need being better met is the final actual result.

In this case there was never any plan for her to do anything except what was being done. There was no plan for change in the works. It was created and initiated to benefit all who were involved with a direct benefit to the customer base. The idea was put together in 1 weeks time and then it took her an additional weeks to fullfill the creative process. This was very fast, in that a supervisory staff all had to change their minds, and then develop the same plan on thier own. Keep in mind my wife never spoke of the possible changes to these folks. She created first and they replicated without even a back and forth dialog between them.

There are several other points that can create speed, and others that perfect volume and accuracy. The Key for the average user is to be of benefit to all and then accurately assess the real benefit to all. If your trying to kid yourself into believing others would benefit when the would not, it may take much longer or not at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
"Law of Attention"

I guess there are two ways of looking at the Law of Attraction. First, there is the metaphysical / spiritual view / subjective view, that basically states that you must be thinking of a certain outcome, in order to facilitate it's occurrence. It would usually apply to feelings or some other intangible and/or abstract concept. Of course, since we are dealing with intangibles and concepts, we are also no longer dealing with something that can be measured (hence the subjective property), and therefore it is not really a "Law" at all, at least not in the scientific or conventional sense. Even abstract laws of geometry can be proven with consistency, and by anyone, at anytime. The "Law" of Attraction is not something that can be demonstrated to a class of students in an objective and directly observable manner.

The other way to look at the Law of Attraction, is in a literal sense. Instead of the LoA acting as a personality booster, to keep a positive outlook, some people extrapolate this concept to affect material goods, specific dates, specific opportunities, etc. For this mentality, Law of Attraction is no longer something used solely to affect one's own mind and personal reality, but to change objective reality for everyone. This is the take on Law of Attraction that I have problems with, but am not opposed to. What I am opposed to, are people that take this one particular flavor of LoA, and then market it as the ONLY interpretation of LoA. That simplified interpretation is then dumbed down to smaller, more simplified things like "think positive, win big!" and other small phrases that could be embroidered or imprinted onto shirts and keychains and bumper stickers.

The actual concept of LoA (which many people date to many different times), seems to stem from one of two main sources (or perhaps a combination of both).

First source, emerald tablets.

2. That which is below is like that which is above & that which is above is like that which is below to do the miracles of one only thing.

The other source would be the concepts of dharma / karma of Hinduism. It's basically the push/pull, ebb/flow of reality - all the polar opposites and possibilities that make up the metaphysical fabric of everything.

Both of these are extremely abstract concepts, open to plenty of interpretation. Personally, I think of this more in terms of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), only because there are many practices within that field that directly correlate to many of the new-age practices and theories that go along with the "literal" LoA aforementioned. For example, people that claim to see something happen, or practice events before they occur (like basketball players making shots in their mind), this is called "Future Pacing," or "Memorizing the Future." Both are simplified terms (which I'm not a fan of) which imply that mentally going over a sequence of events is not much different than actually doing those events. This is how people with robotic limbs can still get around. Perhaps a great deal of positive thinking is invovled to get there, but the actual technology is driven by synapses. I only mention this, because it comes up in relation to LoA all the time, but it really has nothing to do with LoA (as far as I can tell).

Another "literal" concept, is basically a glorified form of wishing. Instead of just really really wanting and wishing to win the lottery, some people are now using Laws of Attraction (oh my!). Does this increase their chances? Statistically, no... again, pointing in the direction opposite of what would constitute a "Law." Wishing for something to magically fall into your lap, is a bit much. Even if it DOES happen, there is no way of telling that your own mental thoughts had anything to do with it, anymore than just plain old coincidence.

LoA applies more to me in a subconscious way. I guess another good way to describe it would be in terms of photography. To the untrained eye, or amateur, taking (or rather, "finding") photos is not as easy as it is for a veteran. The vet is constantly analyzing shadows, the weather, reflections, places to stand, direction of light, shutter speeds, depth of field, etc. Literally 10-20 things are being calculated and focused on with care, before the cap even comes off the camera lens. This to me, is Law of Attraction.

I suggest that to eliminate much of the debate, instead of calling this the "Law of Attraction," it should be called "The Law of Attention."

The "Law of Attraction" (in my opinion) is closer to my first example - using it as a spiritual / personal way of getting what you want. It's not necessarily the car that gets you from point A to point B, but it can be the radio of nice tunes that keeps you from being blinded from road rage, or to keep you awake during those long nights driving into the darkness. It can also be your navigator, reminding you that your turn is coming up, and not to miss it...

phew. Later, I'll try and pick apart actual quotes and concepts from "The Secret" to illustrate my gripes with particular things.

[edit on 14-1-2008 by scientist]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join