It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

OH, in principle I couldn't agree more!
The problem is... to fully explain how and why the situation(s) I described really do correspond to the intimate reality of the people involved, I should go into details that I don't feel I have the right to disclose, and, more importantly, because they refer to a set of very specific circumstances and quite extra-ordinary people (they overflow every standard and norm there is
), such a post would inevitably shift the attention away from the main thread. And I don't want that.

Be it as it may, every single post here, starting by yours, of course, are extremely valuable. Thank you!

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

[
I was had a similar phase in my life.

I don't know if it is inertia proper - but I do hope that I emerge out of it ASAP.
Most of all, I hope to be able to "upgrade" my former method to something more comprehensive and at the same time less specific. But to do that... I would have to stop feeling guilty for being (in appearance, at least) exceptional.
(That's a very long story, going back to day one of my life, that doesn't really belong here; I only mention it to avoid misunderstandings.)

Thank you so very much.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

The thing is though...being an exceptional creator with exceptional imaginative skills is just the thing that can get you out of it ASAP.

One of the funniest things I see in this field of business is how people dont even notice some of the things creativism can be applied to.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your insights. I believe you are 'there' as far as mastery of the science. It has happened when you question how you may be cheating yourself out of the human experience.

I think that is sort of the bar. When you understand the process full circle.

It starts to get a little freaky when you work past, present and future. A mind bender at the very least, but that is even a different subject altogether.

I would suggest to anyone that is serious to get a small notebook and keep track of every aspect of each effort. Its in these notes you will be able to decode your issues and improve the quality of the work. Make careful notes as to dates and times as well as a full emotional aspect, including all your thoughts good and bad.

After you are doing it every time, then branch a little and test specific accuracy, as to the result. As your accuracy gets better, the overall skill will be twice as good.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

hEh my problem with that is two things.
1) Isn't a notebook big enough.
2) I can't write that damn fast. My thoughts go at least a gazillion times faster than the speed of light.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
oh...writing...I could go on and on and on and on about the merits of writing. writing ones true thoughts. writing ones preferred thoughts. writing ones desires in the past tense. writing ones beliefs and beliefs about beliefs. writing ones intentions. writing ones gratitudes. writing ones thoughts in order to slow them down. writing is pure magic.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I don't know but I think money is not a very good measure, as it is a false construct. A better measure would be the creation of a successful business. At first it seems like about the same thing but it is very different.

The best test is to go head to head with something you may perceive to be impossible due to others being involved and no apparent bridge between the now and there. This is a very good test.

I have heard of some people using multimeters across damp skin to capture the accurate attempt and guide further ones. Its not needed and like a lot of things is a distraction from the real work.

Everything you need for success is in the bolded type I posted early on.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
oh...writing...I could go on and on and on and on about the merits of writing. writing ones true thoughts. writing ones preferred thoughts. writing ones desires in the past tense. writing ones beliefs and beliefs about beliefs. writing ones intentions. writing ones gratitudes. writing ones thoughts in order to slow them down. writing is pure magic.

Pay close attention to this. It is real wisdom and a cornerstone in the more advanced work the dvd movies don't cover. Its pure gold. Skyfloating just handed out free gold nuggets.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
hey not sure if you are who i think you are but if you are could you sign my book? haaaaa..! i've been following the post... not to much to say but if you could elaborate on this :

One of the funniest things I see in this field of business is how people dont even notice some of the things creativism can be applied to.

.... that would be awesome! what kind of possible mistakes or misdirection have you seen? thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jboogienoj

The point was that most people limit these type of techniques to just a few "big things" like money, love, etc. But actually "the power of intention" can be applied to all kinds of stuff, including the little details. Every single problem or challenge someone offers up, can be turned into an intention. Someone says: "Well, I cant apply the law of attraction, because I dont know what I want". This person is obviously overlooking the fact that he can apply the following intention: "I would like to know what I want" or "I would like to find out what I want more clearly".

Some practitioners (like myself) have made it a habit of stating dozens of intentions every day (mostly in written form).

The best way to state intentions is without expectation (without pressure) that something must "come true" or "manifest". Expectation-that-something-must-manifest creates a sort of resistance/pressure that slows down the manifestation process. One states intentions without asking when, where, how, etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I would be very interested in seeing your listing of materials. I know you may have an interest as an author to if you feel comfortable in leaving yours out and just tossing out some fav pics, others may perhaps add to the list?

TIA

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

true but as a regular human you can't help but 'worry' about if it does not happen. someone once told me that, "that which you truly fear will not come true". i like that as well. all i'm saying is if i have a big business deal that's suppose to happen in a few months i can't help but be 'nervous' at the thought of if not working out. now your telling me i might slow down the manifestation of the deal being finalized! ahhhh !! lol...

[edit on 13-1-2008 by jboogienoj]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jboogienoj

true but as a regular human you can't help but 'worry' about if it does not happen. someone once told me that, "that which you truly fear will not come true". i like that as well. all i'm saying is if i have a big business deal that's suppose to happen in a few months i can't help but be 'nervous' at the thought of if not working out. now your telling me i might slow down the manifestation of the deal being finalized! ahhhh !! lol...

[edit on 13-1-2008 by jboogienoj]

The thought it may not come to pass, although a normal and rational thought, is actualy your signal that you have not formed the vision of the completed work fully and completly. Focus on the completed transaction as a ''movie in your mind with you as only a spectator' you approach and go by and see it completed fully and perfected in every way, smiling and feeling the goodness of your creation as you pass by.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Book Recommendations

Disclaimer: All of this is subjective opinion only.

The most popular books on the subject are not necessarily the best. Lynn McTaggarts "The Field" and "The Intention Experiment", while interesting for skeptics, dont do much to further one´s skills because she spends entire books trying to soothe her own doubts by trying to find scientific verification of every detail.

Classical Literature such as "Think and Grow Rich" or the Murphy books are somewhat outdated and not holistic/integral enough to really deeply drive the message home.

Then there are loads and loads of what I call copycat-books. These are books where the author has merely copied what others have already written. The books are accordingly shallow and non-authentic. Shakti Gawain, Barbel Mohr (and sorry to say, even Wayne Dyer) come to mind.

Then there are the old occult books which are overloaded with unneccesary ritual and belief-system.

Then there are the books which act as an introduction to various new-age-cults and overpriced workshops.

Then there´s the books published by scam-artists and marketing-hounds. They are written in a sensationalist tone of voice, with the intent to sell rather than educate.

So, whats left after discarding all of that? These are some topic-related booktitles that were helpful to me and to the people I recommended them to (google or amazon them yourself):

The Astonishing Power of Emotions
Ask and it is given
Bashar: Blueprint for a Change
Power vs. Force
Transcending the levels of Consciousness
Parallel Universes of Self
The Holographic Universe
Initiation into Hermetics
Journey of Souls
Destiny of Souls
The Nature of Personal Reality
Urban Shaman
Reality Shifts (this might only be available as an e-book, not sure).

That should be enough to master the art without having to spend too much or anything at all for workshops. No necessity of sending me U2Us asking for my books either, as I choose to use ATS anynomously.

EDIT: Of course, recognizing the fallacies as described in the opening post, does not come from these books either, but only from personal experience and serious contemplation.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jboogienoj

well...nervousness...or (may I rephrase) excitement, is part of the human package, isnt it? I´d find it kind of strange if you were bored by those prospects

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jboogienoj

one add-on: The mere act of calling "nervousness" "excitement" may restructure the energy to your benefit. Give it a try.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the reference opinions. Some very good material there. I have mostly the older occult references. Although a select few have a direct focus on the subject the prices of that material has shot up in the last few years, and what I own now is well out of my budget, making it hard to recommend titles. Mastership: The Divine law can still be had for under $50 , but there are some better ones for much more.

I think I did the opposite in that most folks looked to reality and it sparked a search for illumination. I searched first after illumination and then found reality. My veiws are very far off from the norm for that reason.

Great reference list and I recommend Bardon's works. While not all great material he had the chance to record a very large volume that was available and many of the things he covers would be lost without the effort.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
I think I did the opposite in that most folks looked to reality and it sparked a search for illumination. I searched first after illumination and then found reality. My veiws are very far off from the norm for that reason.

I suspect I did something similar. Please elaborate.

Great reference list and I recommend Bardon's works. While not all great material he had the chance to record a very large volume that was available and many of the things he covers would be lost without the effort.

The Bardon book I added for nostalgia reasons. It was actually the very first book I read on the subject when I was 12 years old. Pretty heavy reading for a child. But being the naive, all-believing child I was, the book sparked amazing success for me back then. It basically taught how to focus long and intensely and how to imagine deeply. Its not all good material of course, but lets hope the reader has a discerning mind.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have done some reading about the law of attracttion. I often find most of this is tied to a greater being or conciousness god or spiritualness. I now ask Skyfloater or anyone else for that matter how does all this tie into the E.T. phenomenon. I am specifically referring to their spiritual side.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It may be worth noting that "the secret" works, even if it doesn't work.

Think about it.

If you are able to "imagine" a reality to the extent that you are truly "experiencing" it...seeing what you would see, feeling the way you would feel "as if it were real" then how is that any different from it actually "being" "real?"

It isn't.

As humans we're not in a position to observe an objective reality to begin with. We're only perceiving experience. If you are able to manufacture experience, you are creating reality simply because that's what reality is: manufactured, perceived experience.

You are using "the secret" every moment of your life. Even now as you perceive yourself as reading these words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join