It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So you are saying we should feel angry about the "situation", which in turn will drive away fear and enable us to concentrate on LOA?

Presumably LOA can work for everyone as long as they can get into the right frame of mind?

But if we can only get into the right frame of mind by being comfortable in our lives ( or at least stable ) then how can we get it to work for difficult cases??

What I am trying to say is, what's the point of LOA if it only works for people who are already (relatively) happy in their lives?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
[edit on 23-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocalypse69

I know you didnt ask me, but why let a little thing like that stop you?

When at rock bottom, the first thing I would do is accept how I felt. As Skyfloating has pointed out, that is not the time to try to begin a campaign of conscious creation, but the LoA states that you are creating all the time. You cant exactly take a vacation. So, I would begin by not creating resistance and further unhappiness by trying to deny or repress what I was feeling.

I wouldnt wallow in it, and lend it strength that way, but I would acknowledge how I felt, and that I wasnt sure what to do about it.

Then, as I said in an earlier post, I would begin to move incrementally in the direction of greater happiness. Stuck at home all day? I would look at the things that might be making me unhappy in that environment, (too many chores left undone, not enough will to "do them all") and I would do one. Or two. I would, without expectation of a complete solution, (such as completing ALL the chores) chip away at one of the things that I felt unhappy about.

Or, if there were no such pile of "unhappiness" lying around to be sorted, I would do something that moved me a bit closer to happiness in a more positive way. Same scenario, stuck at home, I would make the breakfast I most enjoyed, maybe eat it in the garden and enjoy the environment, I would take care to notice and move towards things beautiful and pleasing. Rather than try to force away or repress the unhappy feelings, I would acknowledge them, admit I didnt know how to end them completely, and then look around for happier things to notice and experience to balance them a bit.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

thats the great paradox. You attract more of what you emotionally put out. So LOA works best when you dont need it

OK, joking aside: It also works fine when you´re at rock bottom, but you´ll just need a bit more of it.

This scale illustrates:

Level 1 (Rock Bottom): Intent - Thought - Feeling - Word - Action

Level 2: Intent - Thought - Feeling - Word

Level 3: Intent - Thought - Feeling

Level 4: Intent - Thought

Level 5: Intent

So, when you´re really in the flow of things, all you need is the intention and it will happen. But when you´re out of sync with yourself, you´ll need a bit more focussing and actual physical work/action.

As far as the anger goes...thats just a device to transform fear.

Another way to transform fear is the following:

"I acknowledge that this fear is showing me that I am doing something or going somewhere that is no good for me. What path would let me feel ease instead of fear? I will use this fear not to be led astray but on the right way".

Another way to transform fear is by piling up one meditative or LOA exercise after another, until you´ve RESURFACED.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Alternatively...check out what Illusionsaregrandeur, Illahee and all the others are saying.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Paradox indeed

I really must finish the Law of Attraction by Abraham-Hicks

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I can see that would make me happier but wouldn't necessarily put food on the table

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apocalypse69
Paradox indeed

I really must finish the Law of Attraction by Abraham-Hicks

Thats a good one. But even better is their latest "The Astonishing Power of Emotions".

Two of the best websites on this are:

hicks

I have my web-browser default to the daily quote.

Field Center

This one helped me get away from the cheap "secret" stuff into more spiritual depth on "the law of attraction" a few years ago.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanks - that'll keep me busy for a while

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Excellent reply. Quite inspiring.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Of course, if you´re desperate, you could always go on a furious rampage of focussing on beauty & appreciation. That usually fixes your vibe for a few weeks until you need another hit of it.

That would entail aligning your words, actions, what you see and hear, with the most awesome, breathtakingly beautiful, powerful things, movies, books, sceneries, countrysides, imagery, places, people imaginable. You go like that for a few days and "stuff" starts coming in.

This wont solve the long-term project of finding a job that is appropriate for your soul, but it will give you a boost that makes it easier to contemplate that.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Hi Skyfloating,

Great topic and I have been reading it for weeks now. Enthralling

I need some advice please. When you are at rock bottom and there is nowhere to go, it is unbelievably difficult to stop feeling the fear and "imagine" the feeling of success.

What exercises / tips can you offer??

I'm going to go way out on a limb here because I am certain it is safe to do so.

When people say rock bottom it is a perception......things can always be much worse. When I was very young I made the journey of the Nazarene. I went out in the world with nothing but the clothes I was wearing shedding my life behind me with no idea of returning. I took my ID card and went to experience the world and its people, with no money, no roof, no food or water. Every day for the next ten days people came to me. They provided for every need without ever being asked. I told each one I had no need for their offerings but merely a need for company. Each day I traveled and each day I was fed by strangers and housed in the homes of people I did not know. I spent my time with the homeless and experienced the plight of the downtrodden and mentally unstable from where they were. Still the strangers came daily and fed,watered and provided shelter.

What I learned is even though I had nothing and even the people I met had more than I did living in the wilds, there was something I could not explain and that was the belief I would be cared for every step of the way, and the fact that I was.

The Great Lesson was these strangers received unexplainable joy from helping me, when my intention was to learn how to help others. What I thought I would learn on my own was taught to me daily by these attending strangers. That was Great Lesson.

My test for you is to take 10 minutes each day and plan for assisting others. If you do not have the funding to do so figure out other ways. Make this a prime directive for 30 days. By the end of 30days you will be beyond the thoughts of being at rock bottom and you will start to experience the interest on your investment, with others helping you, in ways you didn't think were possible. This will also cancel out some of your old mental tapes that have been holding you back.

Begin at the same time to plot a course out of where you are at and in the direction of where you want to go. If it requires a resume seek people that really know how to write one. A better career usually does not come from a resume or 'prop' it usually comes from a cover letter that the hiring manager can really relate to. If you need better housing start looking and tell others you are looking and why. You will be surprised at what comes up.

Remember doing creates a clearer focus than just thinking. The life changes may be several months or only several days. Do not become discouraged.

Give a report back in 30 days on each aspect and stick to the 'work' diligently and without fail.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Excellent point. "Rock bottom" really is a perspective thing. Loose all gain all, gain all loose all.

Reminded me of my times as a teenager when I left home to travel around without a cent in my pocket...and was ALWAYS provided for in mysterious ways.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
When people say rock bottom it is a perception......things can always be much worse. When I was very young I made the journey of the Nazarene. I went out in the world with nothing but the clothes I was wearing shedding my life behind me with no idea of returning. I took my ID card and went to experience the world and its people, with no money, no roof, no food or water. Every day for the next ten days people came to me. They provided for every need without ever being asked. I told each one I had no need for their offerings but merely a need for company. Each day I traveled and each day I was fed by strangers and housed in the homes of people I did not know. I spent my time with the homeless and experienced the plight of the downtrodden and mentally unstable from where they were. Still the strangers came daily and fed,watered and provided shelter.

Very admirable, Illahee. Could I ask where and when these adventures took place? I could imagine someone trying this in the present day England -- where I reside, and I can't really see things going as well for them as they did for you.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I had left from Portland and traveled the coast through California ending up in the mountains in New Mexico, before I realized what I had learned and returned home. Cant say about the UK its been a couple of years.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
I had left from Portland and traveled the coast through California ending up in the mountains in New Mexico, before I realized what I had learned and returned home. Cant say about the UK its been a couple of years.

I see, Sir. Thank you. What sort of time period are we talking about?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury
I see, Sir. Thank you. What sort of time period are we talking about?

Its not when you are or where you are but who you are.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I can see that would make me happier but wouldn't necessarily put food on the table

Think about it this way. Using the LoA principles, which person do you think has the greater potential to draw abundance;

1) The one who believes they deserve happiness and to be well cared for even in a tough financial situation. (As evidenced by the willingness to give yourself the best breakfast you can and allowing yourself to eat it in peaceful and beautiful surroundings, while gratefully appreciating that food and those surroundings)

or-

2) The person who denies themselves any pleasure or happiness until they come up with THE solution to all their problems, and who has no trust in the universe or the Divine, the LoA, or themself, to provide for their needs.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Could I ask where and when these adventures took place? I could imagine someone trying this in the present day England -- where I reside, and I can't really see things going as well for them as they did for you.

Nobody is saying that it's supposed to be easy or pleasant.
No: what we are talking - what I am talking - about can have the semblance of pure HELL. But it's when your head is smashed open - figuratively, if possible, but not less painfully - that you see the stars...

OK, it's a little joke, but I am no less serious.
And I certainly won't be offended if you think this is just a cute (or not) little metaphor. You don't know me - how could you realise that I am serious, and to what extent? But for your own sake - I mean whoever is reading this - accept that it not a trite metaphor.

I live in urban Europe (the place changes from time to time), and I have lived in other places, too. Believe me, it is possible not only to experience rock-bottom anywhere and everywhere but also to profit from it, regardless of the culture and practice of the society that surrounds you - if you are willing to forgo the safety net and walk the tightrope bare naked (in spirit).

I'll say it again: nobody said it's easy OR pleasant. And if you undergo such an "operation", you will never be the same person again. You wouldn't WANT to be the same person again. But you have to be firm in your resolve that you are not going to live - or create - half-heartedly ever again.

I am sorry if I am being cryptic. That's not my intention. I've decided to write (about these things) as rarely and succinctly as possible; and although this is one of the all too many exceptions to my own rule, I suppose the reservation is already starting to show (again).

And, as much as I hate quoting other people and name-dropping, there is a beautiful line by Apollinaire that comes to mind quite naturally:

Perdre
Mais perdre vraiment
Pour laisser place à la trouvaille

(I am sure there are good translations, and I am sure that anyone interested can find one. ;-)

It's funny... when I was about seventeen, the first time I read that line, I was struck by its force, dazzled by the prospect of the ring of fire that you have to cross to get to the other side - and by its relevance to my own life. I don't know how, but I KNEW that was what awaited me, even though my life at that time, and a very long time afterwards, was very sheltered. I was terrified by it, and yet, at the same time, I knew I could not ignore it and take the other way: the way of cushioned ignorance... (Not that there is anything wrong with it!
)

But that's a totally different, personal story that doesn't belong here.
Sorry about the excursion.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

All good points.

We can see from some of the folks that are the focus of attempts to help, that they refuse to submit. They refuse to leave ego behind and rest in submission. We must all submit. To the IRS, to the govt, and to the tazer when your hanging on the end of the wire.

Submitting to a God is not the question. Its up to the individual to develop their own concept of a higher power. Even if the belief is the power exists and is stimulated, by your own consciousness, we must accept this power exists. Lack of submission, or the will to believe their is nothing higher than personal ego is the root cause of failure. It is the denial that any but the brute desires of man is important. It is the refusal to believe that anything is possible and can be created and delivered without your help. Believe me, plenty was created before any of us has ever been, and much more will come after we are gone.

Submission is the doorway to expansion. Even though it seems it is the other way around it is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join