It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I can always reprogram the subconscious minds of others to match the games...... Interesting concept I don't think it would pay much somehow, or would it?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
test

Just keep posting ppl. Small thread glitch

[edit on 21-5-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Is this some kind of joke with you all who seem to 'know' LOA actually playing some kind of game?

I am horrified!

And I think I am due an answer.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
Is this some kind of joke with you all who seem to 'know' LOA actually playing some kind of game?

I am horrified!

You mean this second-life thing? Nope, never used it.

In my post to Vanitas I was referring to the importance of imagination.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I am horrified!

Not me either. Do have some game knowledge but seldom play any of them any more. The reference was to an odd thought I had about working on the minds of the players and creating the game to achieve success.

It was just an odd thought, no intention to mislead.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So here is the latest. I was pondering what I want to attract into my life aside from general goodness and I asked myself the question 'what do I want?' I thought of lots of things I'd like to have in my life, but one thing kept eluding me. What do I want more than anything? What thing or experience or feeling would make me happier than anything else? And I couldn't come up with an answer! It took me days to decide what would be the first thing I'd do if I won a huge lottery.

My point is, it's disturbing that it's so hard for me to know the answer to such an important question. What makes us happy should be foremost in our minds, but I think that years and years of trying to think 'logically' for lack of a better word have just narrowed and narrowed my perception of what is even possible. So instead of thinking about what would make me happy I have been thinking about what I percieve to be attainable and that is as good as it gets.

I'm just now realizing that only if I can imagine or dream of something that it is possible to achieve. Has anyone else ever had a problem with imagination atrophy? I'm exercising that muscle now but it's as weak as a kitten and will only get stronger with time.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

After the gold rush... I'm very happy for you because not until you realize it works and you can have anything, well because it does work will you end up here with the rest of us.

Bob Proctor does a talk in the extras on the secret dvd, I think is the only good part of the dvd.

What do you reeeaaallyyy want? As much as some of the folks working on perfecting the message want it will never go viral until it is perfected.

Perfected being the key to the all. How long would it take for the forces of good to change the world as we know it? 1 day? 3 days? a week? 3 months?
I think we can all believe the shift can occur between 3 and 6 months.

Listen close to these words. What I really want is to live in an advanced global society where Love is the focus of all beings. I want to live in a place where govt is a tiny fraction of life for just the usable services. Where when one wrongs another they come immediately forward to set things right and beg humbly for forgiveness. Where children grow up with a school focus Of knowing themselves, and knowing God. Knowing how to love all of their fellow man in the best way they can. That being the focus of their lives until old enough to choose their own fields of study. Dis-ease will become non existent due to the change in mans nature.

I want hate, anger, jealousy, resentment and all of the low forms of mans actions and thoughts to go their way in to some archival volumes for study sometime in the future. They should never be a part of the now.

Only when the message is distilled and perfected can it go viral and be received properly based on science and not just a beautiful philosophy.

There is little doubt, that many here have figured out exactly who I am based on how i write. Stating this will make it obvious to many more. In knowing that, the select ones who know truth can tell I am bound by esoteric Laws and rules not to have a direct affect on anything but my own existence.
Being one to know the fine print, there is no prohibition on teaching others who will listen, then act of their own accord, as long as I am only linking teachings and concepts that have already been revealed.

Choose to do as you will. Although bound and limited I find no greater joy than helping others to the extent I am able. having happiness and joy in your life as a reward for helping others is 'a good thing to really want'

How you get there is always up to you.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

so you dabble in second life, yes? I told myself I´ll wait another 10 years, until it gets a bit more realistic.

I dabble in everything... haven't you noticed?

I first visited SL last year, I think.
And in the past few months I spent there a lot more time than I would have wanted - but that was because of the Numbakulla enigma.

Sadly, I've cracked the game, so I don't visit SL anymore.
Oh, how I miss Numbakulla...
(It's a lovely, poetic game. And this is coming from somebody who doesn't like virtual games AT ALL, except this one and Samorost.)

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I am horrified!

What are you referring to...?
Have I missed something?
(I am not being sarcastic.)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

If people understand how to use virtual reality in connection with "the law of attraction" they will have a powerful creation tool at their hands. The "secret" would be, not to label it as "unreal" and thereby get in sync with a certain reality, and thereby attract for real.

I couldn't agree more.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
So here is the latest. I was pondering what I want to attract into my life aside from general goodness and I asked myself the question 'what do I want?' I thought of lots of things I'd like to have in my life, but one thing kept eluding me. What do I want more than anything? What thing or experience or feeling would make me happier than anything else? And I couldn't come up with an answer! It took me days to decide what would be the first thing I'd do if I won a huge lottery.

My point is, it's disturbing that it's so hard for me to know the answer to such an important question.

I think you make a very valid point because I struggle with this myself. I get so annoyed and disappointed that I can't figure out what I REALLY want. I thought this would be an easy task. It is definitely not. I think the first order of business when deciding to do LOA is to figure out what you really truly want in life, no holds barred.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaCentauri

One of the nice things about the little refinement of the Law of Attraction that we discussed a few pages back in the thread was that a method appeared that made knowing exactly what you want less important.

If you arent certain what would make you really happy, just look at the immediate choices in your life and choose the one that offers greater net happiness in the immediate present. And move away from things that make you unhappy as often as you can, or feel able to. That way, daily you get more and more incremental happiness, and one day you are right in the middle of what really makes you happy.

Not that it isnt great for those who are certain what makes them happy to just go ahead and will it into being. More power to them. I wish I was that certain what would make ME happy. But like you guys, I am not so sure what my ultimate happiness is, and the moving closer to happiness method is probably the more "doable" approach for some of us.

Edit: It did occur to me after posting that that moving toward greater net happiness did not mean flat out hedonism. It would require a reasoned consideration of not just physical pleasure, but well rounded, long term happiness. For instance, if it made you happy to eat ice cream, and you ate it all day every day, that would only make you happy for a short time. Eventually, there would be a price to pay for that, but if ice cream made you happy and you had a small scoop a day, and an evening walk to help balance its effects, that would be a more sustainable happiness. what would be required is an "enlightened self interest," that considers the needs of the body, mind and soul in appropriate measure.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
The "game" is not over, and I do not know how this will affect my "career" in philosophy, but it is making me "happy and fulfilled" at the moment. Which is what I truly WANTED, not a specific "job." I "let go" of the "how" this was to be manifest, and just focused my attention on doing what I feel, what I KNOW, I am designed by nature, the Divine, whatever you wish to call it, to do. I could not have predicted the route it has taken, nor would I have chosen this route, but now that I am on it, I can see that it is working out fine. A little unnerving at times, but I am fine, and doing what I love.

This part really spoke to me. I know the feeling very well. And thus this seems like a good point to share some of my own story (which I will admit I had drafted while earlier starting this thread, but this idea of "job" and "fulfillment" seems to really relate to what I had to say.)

As for the poster who talked about wanting to study philosophy...well, I majored in English, so I have no room to speak about “practical” education! I feel like I've learned more on my own in the past few years than I ever did in my many years of school. For the record, I have a fairly decent job in marketing and copywriting for a local real estate company. Its not something I want to do forever, but I work with some great people, have a beautiful ocean view and more or less enjoy most of the work.

But still I feel like I'm living someone else's life. I have learned to keep a positive attitude at the office, be grateful for what I have and make the most of it, and that has made a huge difference in my day to day existence. Nonetheless, I'm still taking sneak-peeks at ATS constantly between tasks (when the manager's not around) and what's the first thing I do when I come home? Sit down in front of my PC and find something inspiring to read, listen to or watch – generally related to these sort of LOA topics, or things like ascension, chakras, ancient/intergalactic history, etc. It just feels right. I have a passion for exploring the speculative and (to some) unbelievable. Its my favorite past time and I would love to make a full time career out of it (my earliest serious career goal was to be a horror/sci fi writer, and that hasn't much changed, even though I feel a constant lack of inspiration or at least original ideas.) Of course, my “obsessions” take their toll on my personal life. Dirty dishes and beer bottles pile up in the kitchen, clothes lie unwashed on the floor, I've alienated my few acquaintances and missed opportunities to cultivate more meaningful relationships, I stay up too late and find myself rushed and anxious on my way to work the next morning.

None of this bothers me too much, as I still feel that I'm following the path that I must. But I do have this frustration that I'm not “going” anywhere. I am pretty complacent with my life right now, and excited at the fact that everyday I feel that I'm learning more and gaining further insight about my self and the world around me...but there is that nagging feeling that I'm not “ready” or “able” to put this education to use in any meaningful way.

I'm not looking for validation, confirmation, condolences or an “answer”... just sharing my experiences in the hopes that it might resonate with someone else out there; and maybe someone who has been down a similar path can offer their own insight. I do feel that everything I have ever experienced is “no one's fault but my own,” and though I think personal responsibility is very important, I am learning to realize that this must not equate with guilt, shame, fear or beating oneself up. It seems like a difficult journey and there is still the fear that I am going about everything the wrong way, that all my “mistakes” will catch up with my one day...but if that's the case, then I will hope that it is only another learning experience.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by whaaa

If they see starving all around them everyday, what is there attention on most of the time? On food or lack of food?

Unless you are somekind of mystic or psychic; you don't really know what a starving persons attention is focused on. Have you ever been in a situation where you have actually been starving.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by whaaa]

Perhaps for the ones who find it hard to believe, If they made the effort, if they used the law of attraction, they could slowly begin to turn the tide on starvation....just by doing something in that direction.

Of course. Isn't that what allowed "primitive" man to thrive in so-called "sub-third world" conditions? Our earliest ancestors thrived in Africa long before modern conveniences and eventually spread to other lands and built great civilizations - with or without alien intervention
- but it seems plausible that those with the vision, imagination and desire for a better life were those who became great leaders and teachers, achieving things undreamed of and inspiring their peers to set their own sights higher.

Then again, I wasn't there, so I can't say...just my thoughts. The whole idea that "if it's so easy" or "if god/the universe/whatever is so great" then why do bad things happen to good people...doesn't sit well with me. That sort of logic helped drive me away from narrow minded dogmatic religious establishments years ago, but now that I've taken a broader view, I do feel that to some extent everyone gets what they deserve, or at least what they need/want/what-is-right in a wider context. (Y'all know the Rolling Stones song..."can't always get what you want, but you get what you need.")

[edit on 22-5-2008 by shipovfools]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

"Getting into a good vibe for a few days" will often suffice to restore financial security. The reason is that you werent looking for financial security "out there", but feeling secure beforehand. And by "law of correspondence" nothing can happen to you that contradicts that.

In my life, everytime my money situation went down, all I had to do was "get back into vibe" for a few days. So, Id dress differently, behave differently, and do more enjoyable things...and sure enough...money appeared from somewhere...and, most importantly...it didnt appear from the place I was focussing on or from where I expected it to appear, but usually from somewhere else.

I find this fascinating, as I have had lots of financial concerns lately. I've always been rather fortunate and "well-off" (at least in the sense of my background) and even when I f-ed up, I found out that things always worked out for the better (even if that meant floating a loan from the 'rents.) Lately I have been feeling guilty about the fact that I've had more "help" than many of my peers. And I also find a huge avoidance towards paying or even opening my bills - I make enough money to pay most of them off, maybe maintain a little bit of debt but nothing unreasonable...and yet I just let it pile up to overwhelming levels while it becomes harder and harder to face. I blame myself for being irresponsible while telling myself I can't be bothered by such "mundane" concerns while I am focusing on my spiritual side.

I think that view is half-right/half-wrong. There is alot to be said, as you mentioned, for getting into a good vibe. Often I feel like, no matter how "bad" my "worldly" situation is, I can maintain hope because I know I can easily deal with it once I reach the right state of mind. Its just getting there that seems difficult...maybe because of the nagging fear that I'll never get there?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shipovfools

This isnt an answer of any kind, but I know that feeling you are talking about. That you arent really DOING anything, but that you arent yet ready to do anything else.

I ask questions when I am confused. I dont ask specific people, but I just ask the universe in general and wait to see what comes back. I asked the last time I felt like that what the heck I was supposed to do about it, and the answer for me was; "it is winter."

In the winter, for the plants, everything looks still, and dead. Nothing is growing, blooming or expanding. Everything has turned inward, and the sap goes down in the core of the plant. But something IS happening, despite how it appears on the surface. The plants are preparing to bloom. To burst forth and show their splendor to the world. It is a necessary phase for some plants that this winter, this inward turning, occur.

For me, there was nothing to do but wait til spring. To let the process of inward turning work its magic. Nothing to force, I just do what feels natural in that phase. For me it is often what I call "information gathering" where I just take in all kinds of random data, and contemplate without rhyme or reason, as my interests lead me. Often, when the spring does arrive, it all sort of makes sense. All those random bits magically come together into something I couldnt have imagined. Certainly couldnt have planned. Spring of course doesnt last forever, but then, neither does the winter.

Edit to correct the sort of run on sentence that drove my teachers nuts.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I came to the idea of a flexible reality years ago after being steeped in the works of William S. Burroughs (“nothing is true, everything is permitted”) and Robert Anton Wilson (“reality is what you can get away with.”) I was also into what is called Chaos Magick and was experimenting with sigil work (there is recent thread on ATS about it.) The idea of a sigil is that you transform your desire into a pictorial or other form which is then “charged” and buried in your subconscious...then you let the desire go and eventually it should manifest.

I had some results with the method, but I was held back by “lust of results” - wanting too much, wishing too hard, feeling the feeling of lack rather than gratefulness and abundance. Aleister Crowley wrote about this - “pure will, unassuaged of purpose, is in every way perfect.” Now I think that by purpose he meant something similar to lust of results, and that pure will translates to intention, desire, a heartfelt drive towards a goal which is deeper and more “real” than the desperate feeling of “I want” or “I need.”

I've been stuck in rut lately and come to realize that it is due to a lot of burdens I hang on to – negativity, anger, lack of self-confidence and -love, and even biases (I consider myself open minded and tolerant, but I tend to look down on those I see as narrow minded, intolerant, or too “establishment.”)

Reading and watching “The Secret,” as well as reading things like “Think and Grow Rich” and watching “What the Bleep...” have helped solidify my idea that there are universal truths to the idea of consciously creating reality, however poorly they may be articulated, interpreted or manifested – particularly in the mainstream mass media.

Reading this thread has restored much hope and confidence. Though I still feel sometimes that I face obstacles in my life, I sense that I am on a path of spiritual development, opening my heart and mind to possibilities I had previously blinded myself to, and I want to thank each and every one of the contributors for your thoughtful insights and suggestions.

Also, I'm terrible at discipline. Meditation, affirmation, writing lists, visualizing...I get on a kick and give it up too quickly. I spend most of my free time reading about these things, and then when I'm too lazy or unmotivated to actually practice them, I justify it by saying, “well, I'm still studying...no use trying until I've absorbed enough knowledge.” ... Hmm, I guess I just had a pretty important insight there in the writing of this. But does that mean I'm actually going to do something? Sure, I want to intend and attract all these great things, but now that I'm over halfway through reading this thread, I'm not gonna sleep until I finish!

Some overall thoughts on the thread...

I've come to realize that every “bad” thing that has happened to me in my life has only occurred after I spent a good amount of time dwelling on fear of said occurrence. This reminds me of the gym teacher in high school who made a random comment one day during class, “paranoia will destroy you.” It resonated with me, but I still ignored the advice since I had no respect for the “jock” types or their teacher. But I now see there is truth to that. Kurt Cobain was right when he sang, “just because yr paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you,” but we need to find a balance. Those who enjoy exploring paranoid conspiracy theories have the potential to see reality in a clearer light than those who refuse to see how interconnected all aspects of reality are, but those who do focus purely on the negative aspects will surely reap what they sow (as i have learned from experience).. Rob Brezny (read the book Pronoia!) wrote that the universe is conspiring to shower us with blessings, and I feel that is just as true as the opposite conspiracy theory...EVERYTHING is equally true or untrue, as you see fit, but the experience of reality is in the choices you make.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

Its true that knowing what one really wants is enough to get things moving.

But its not necessary to make not-knowing a problem.

What every soul ultimately wants is to feel. To have energy. So, if there is nothing specific that you want, go for feeling / energy or...as you are doing it...training your imagination.

And once you have more energy you will also be having new ideas on specific wants...or many mini-wants.

Sometimes its not the big lifes dream or the huge project that a soul wants, but many tiny mini-joys of everyday normal life. My "intention-lists" (mentioned earlier) do contain a lot of these small joys. One of the things you obviously really, really want for example, is to have more clarity on what you want.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hi Skyfloating,

Great topic and I have been reading it for weeks now. Enthralling

I need some advice please. When you are at rock bottom and there is nowhere to go, it is unbelievably difficult to stop feeling the fear and "imagine" the feeling of success.

What exercises / tips can you offer??

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocalypse69

When at rock bottom I wouldnt be practicing this stuff because when acting from fear you attract more stuff to feel fear about. Get it?

So since LOA is out (imo) its best to resort to standard survival-mechanisms such as working your **** off to get back up to normal. Add a little bit of an anger-flame to your actions because anger/rebellion gets you out of fear.

Then, once back to normal, comfortable...start using this stuff.

My 2 cents.

Questions?

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join