It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread,

for months i have had an awful fear just take over my life. Reading too much about negative things that lead me to ATS in the first place.

what started this fear off again a few months ago was
I had a horrible experience where i was detained in london with my small child when i couldn’t buy a ticket for the train as ticket machine was out. I was grabbed by the arms in front of my small son and circled by four men, i was very scared and he was crying and begging not to go to prison. We left the station in tears only when and old man came to me with the ticket machine to pay. I asked myself is this what the world has become? and for weeks cried whilst looking at my sleeping child at how his future would unfold in such a place.

I dont want to project fear in my son so i spoke to him of angels and the good things in life and love for others and how love when given comes back to you.

Over the past few weeks i have tried to resolve these issues within myself and the conflicts i have with the Catholic schooling i had and what things I am therefore allowed to "believe".

Today i sat down and wrote down 3 things i would like to happen but one i kept in my head, the latter being a way and a path to control my fears and i am not quite sure why i started to read this thread in the first place.

thank you i have had this surge of relief after reading this

I feel positive from reading this thread as i have the feeling most if not all of you use this with love in your being.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Blessings to you, my dear.
And even though it is slightly off-topic, I'd like to say that the old man was there to remind you - and everyone else who might have witnessed your ordeal - that the world has NOT "come to this", after all- not yet, anyway. And it's up to us, each one of us, not to let it happen.

I am glad you feel good after reading this thread. In my strictly personal opinion, it is certainly one of the best threads here (or anywhere), although by no means the only one worthy of your attention.

Another thing: don't beat yourself up if you, by any chance, happen to discover that you find it difficult to let go of doubt and fear.
It WILL happen - just work on it (on letting go of fear and doubt) every day. Be sure to make it the single most important project in your life at this moment. Breathe it, live it.
And if guilt happens to strike, please remember that God sees through you, experiences this world through you. This is no metaphor: that's what you were born for.
(And I have a Catholic background myself!
Not that I mind it. It's brought me where I am today - and I could be in a worse place.)

Then again, you may be surprised to find out that you have much less fear in you than you thought.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Agreed. with a pentecostal and Rosicrucian background (you wanna talk some guilt?) at many times I was still lured into thinking the world had to be that way. It does not. Create through intention or create by default. The fears inside every untrained being are the same. They must be overcome and seeing a brighter and better life within the minds eye is the most difficult lesson. Once it it seen it can be focused on. They it will be created. Use the visions of others to replicate from until you are able to see your own from your own minds eye.

You are doing right and God expects you to grow , advance, and take care of your own. Use your talents or they will go away and not be found.

Best to you. Take good care of the little one. He may be the one who brings a new dawn to a tired world.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

I had a horrible experience where i was detained in london with my small child when i couldn’t buy a ticket for the train as ticket machine was out. I was grabbed by the arms in front of my small son and circled by four men, i was very scared and he was crying and begging not to go to prison. We left the station in tears only when and old man came to me with the ticket machine to pay. I asked myself is this what the world has become? and for weeks cried whilst looking at my sleeping child at how his future would unfold in such a place.

One way I deal with my own fears and feelings of being victimized is to put them in context.

While that was no doubt a very uncomfortable situation, it is really very mild in the history of humanity. I am not certain the it is indicative of what the world has become, or only a small reminder of what the world has been for as long as we have records to tell us.

The Inquisition, the Holocaust, Stalin's activities, the murder by machete of some 500,000 to 800,000 in Rwanda, the 750,000 to 1.7 million killed by Pol Pot's activities, and the list could go on, and on, and on. All of these happened long before the birth of your son. In fact, there has been no time in human history where the world has been "safe," though we idealize periods of time in our personal or familial or ethnic histories where we were allowed the illusion of security. (Which generally, and ironically, we secure by having perpetrated some violence against a feared "other" to ensure that security)

It is "a cold hard fact" of human nature when war, or brutality happens to some unknown person in some unnamed village. We gloss over it and go about our business, shaking our heads in an oh so brief moment of sorrow, (or, more honestly, relief that it is not OUR reality).

It is a "tragedy" when it happens to US.

No matter what has befallen me, no matter how unjust I feel life itself or other humans may have been to me in some particular circumstance, I never allow myself to forget my good fortune. Nor to forget those so much more unjustly treated.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sorry i was off topic but it was such a huge feeling to read this thread
that really is amazing reading ,and with Vanitas from a catholic background, and Illahee pentecostal and Rosicrucian it must have been an interesting journey to reach where you are today. Skyfloating started his journey as a child after reading about it as well, lucky chap
As a child i was lucky not to fall asleep with the mumblings of a sermon and the beer breath from the hangovers in the pew behind me.

I have followed up some of the info on books etc that have been posted thank you so much.

Illusionsaregrander

One way I deal with my own fears and feelings of being victimized is to put them in context.

While that was no doubt a very uncomfortable situation, it is really very mild in the history of humanity

Can i just say that my life has not been some "safe" life i suffered abuse of both kinds as a young child and it took many years to forgive my parents and i have done that.

For that very reason I try and teach my sons heart to be pure.

I am a successful artist and teach my son at home , maybe we looked a little different and these men wanted to have fun, I was grabbed and hauled by these men whilst my son was on his knees begging and crying to leave his mum alone. These men thought it was some game.. saying such things like ..wooo she wants the police now etc. They also told me they had the right to grab me.. As it transpires the police when I called them told me they assaulted me, and when asked if i wanted to press charges i said , no they have their own story to tell.

My fear was the look in their eyes, the crowd that had gathered to watch this goading did nothing , and also my son on his knees said nothing to their hearts.

Fear to me in the past has been my family being safe from bombs, being shot at etc.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
OFF-TOPIC, but... why can't we see the last post?

I keep trying to read it - it is listed as an anonymous post - and yet when I click on the hyperlink supposedly leading to the post itself... there are no new posts.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hi... first of all, thanks for the very interesting topic... I haven't fully read it yet (30 pages in a few minutes would be a true record!
), but still I find this subject pretty interesting, and think that many people (if not even everybody) could find "proofs" in their normal, everyday life...

Now, if only those people payed attention to such proofs (many tend to consider them mere coincidences), and try to see the "pattern" behind them, probably they would deal with the Law of Attraction more easily, and with greater awareness...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparhawk

Quite correct. The patterns are never seen without keeping a journal, and the journal shows the individuals failings and the needed corrections. With the journal the LOA actually becomes a Law. With a journal we can see the Law is perfect and the same every time. Required to call it a Law.

It is a divine law. Set in motion by a creator. The journal is the very evidence of God the creator. No one who records will be able to say any different. Out of chaos comes order.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas
Yep one post is stuck and won't show. I wonder the reasons, will the truth affect time or did time form a wall between the truth?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Ah... the truth - i.e. the mysterious post - did manage to break out into the open, after all!

(I wonder, though... where has it been all this time?)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Anonymous posts have to be enabled by mods first in order to be shown.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Oh... OK. Thanks!
It's puzzling because the post could actually be seen (on the main screen, i.e. "home") for many hours - and it had bumped the thread back up again - but clicking on it led nowhere.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Illahee or Vanitas....I have a (slightly off-topic) question to you, wanting the answer for private experimental purposes.

What are the first thoughts that come to mind when looking at this:

Spontaneous answer right after you see it please, no second-guessing or waiting.

Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
U2U to you, to give Vanitas a clean chance to respond.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Illahee]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I can predict with 99.9 % accuracy that my reply will be unusually useless.

Having been under the regular visual influence of a place in SL called Numbakulla – the first thing that sprang to my mind was just that: Numbakulla.
(Sorry – I wish there were a "blushing" icon...)

When I erased Numbakulla from my mind, my first thought was my mother's amethyst/diamond jewellery (ring and bracelet).

So there.
(I told you so...
)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Alright.

Experiment ends (and fails).

Its by a guy who claims to be channeling images from atlantis.

I figured if other peoples "first thought" when looking at it is "atlantis" he might be on to something.

Illahee guessed "Atlantean", but you didnt.

Come to think of it, one might not even be picking up on what it is but on what the painter thinks it is...so the experiment is a bit useless.

Thanks anyway.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Entrance to Mystical Numbakulla

An isle of magic trees, nearthly buildings, and a foreboding mountain; an ancient civilization with hidden secrets, revealed by wonderful devices. Formerly a private island, Numbakulla (named after aboriginal creation gods) is now a self-contained adventure game open and free to all Residents.

Caliandris’ group have revived it here, in Second Life, creating the story of a fantastic island once wracked by internal strife of a now-extinct civilization—and the sacred trees which must be saved, to restore it.

Looks pretty close to me.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think the experiment was a success in view of the description of the SL.
You sometimes have to look at the intention closely to determine if the results do fit.

In Timaeus (24), Plato clearly pinpointed the location of the real Atlantis. I'm amazed that everyone would think it did not exist in the Americas.

Plato said, "This power came out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean; for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbor, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent."

Libya was the Greek name for the whole of Africa. Both Americas are greater in size than Africa and Asia combined. This "opposite continent" is certainly opposite Africa.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well, my prediction was spot on, wasn't it!

(I am glad I didn't add "Alexandria", which was my third thought...!)

And, Illahee, in principle you are right, of course (not to mention very kind to yours truly : ). But in this particular case I think it really was visual contamination.

To illustrate it, I even joined PhotoBucket, so I could upload a few specially made snapshots of the place.
(Nobody should worry about them taking too much space or anything; they'll be soon unavailable, as I don't plan on using the account for long.)

Not only is the entire place surrounded by "sea", but it is full of ring-like structures - the main visual element of the "Atlantis" image - and in the same amethyst/turquoise hues.

The best thing to do would be to visit it "personally", of course. :-)

The Lighthouse

P.S. For some reason, the lighthouse itself - which is one the main features of the "island" and is entirely made of greenish rings - is missing from the uploaded image (even though it is visible in the original snapshot, of course).

P.P.S. It may work now, but I'll leave the caveat, just in case.

A general view of the "Flower Village"

Another general view

A close-up of the "Flower Village"

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

so you dabble in second life, yes? I told myself I´ll wait another 10 years, until it gets a bit more realistic.

If people understand how to use virtual reality in connection with "the law of attraction" they will have a powerful creation tool at their hands. The "secret" would be, not to label it as "unreal" and thereby get in sync with a certain reality, and thereby attract for real.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join