It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
One of my Exercises

I´ll share one of my exercises for a change.

Walk through town. Get calm. Start noticing how hundreds of things are advertising for your intention. The painter selling nice pictures. The cafe inviting for coffee. The begger asking for money. The church. The politicial party handing out pamphlets. Beautiful women/men eyeing you or wanting to be eyed.

While all these positives/negatives try advertising for your attention, try keeping your attention instead focussed on a certain spot you are walking towards (for example a tree, a lamp, a car). Once you reach that place, focus your attention on something else in the distance. Disregard the worlds frenzied call for your attention and determine where you put it yourself.

This exercise strengthens the inner will that will not be swayed and lured by the world.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

Pay close attention here folks. I am not able to make this trip very often but I understand the lesson and its an important one. Though I live as a semi-hermit it is most important to try by fire.

Read it again. pay close attention and learn.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Indeed: fear is man's greatest enemy.

Sorry, but I feel the urge to re-frame everything to the positive. So here goes:

Fear is mans great friend, a pre-warning system that you are going down a path that is not good for you and a signal to change course.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Though I live as a semi-hermit it is most important to try by fire.

...indeed its much easier to practice when being a semi-hermit.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

OK, I am perfectly alright with that definition of fear!

Unfortunately, all too many people do not have the discernment about who their real friends are...

(And I mean it.)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Indeed: fear is man's greatest enemy.

Fear is mans great friend, a pre-warning system that you are going down a path that is not good for you and a signal to change course.

I could not agree more, and happiness an indicator of what the direction you should continue along.

Being paralyzed, by fear or by happiness, is mans greatest enemy.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
An interesting side-note for those interested in synchronicity:

On page 33 of this thread the flag count reached 111.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

My wife is real big on the 111 thing. When all is right, wild animals come for me to watch and interact with. I do not feed though since it upsets their natural cycle and makes them vulnerable to other humans.

Signs? hard to say.... I like the animals though.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Do you still eat them (if you ever did in the first place)? I've been thinking about stopping but I'm not sure.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not the ones that live around my home. I kill by proxy like the rest of the folks by going to the store. I may hunt this year, but I find it more of a granting of my request to harvest, rather than a sport, or some other testosterone related garbage. I watch and pass on many animals if I feel they do not look healthy or do not behave properly as the specie should.

When we examine certain types of texts the general direction is to vegetarianism, however the elect and higher ups partake of smaller portions of meat, and its in fact required to maintain a healthful balance in the secondary DNA. Do not believe that just vegetables are healthy or normal for humans. They throw off the secondary DNA balance. Do not on the other hand partake of the grain fed and hormone laced animals. Stick to organic and always in portions of 4 oz or less within a balanced meal.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cadbury

Do you still eat them (if you ever did in the first place)? I've been thinking about stopping but I'm not sure.

I do hope you and Illahee won't mind too much if I interject my own opinion here - even totally uninvited.

If you are thinking of stopping eating meat for ethical or moral reasons - i.e. for the sake of the animals' "health", not yours - I think there is a great chance you will find it deeply satisfying.
And the strongest your conviction is, the smaller the chance of your "relapsing". (It's a proven fact - and not really surprising, is it? - that ethical reasons constitute far stronger a barrier than any "health" concerns.)

I haven't relapsed in the 20 years I've been a vegetarian.
I ADORED meat; even years after giving it up - I went "cold turkey" - I dreamt about filet mignon or steak tartare from time to time...
But it was as meat didn't exist on the same planet as I anymore. I didn't have to muster "strong will" or anything.

And by the way, I feel great.
I am - touch wood ;-) - never ever sick. No colds, no flus, nothing.

But to be perfectly honest... I think that has to do with something else.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

If you think you should stop eating meat, then it is probably a path you should at least walk on for a while.

The important thing, I feel, is to remain harmonious with what YOU truly are. (Both physiologically and psychologically) Not to try to force yourself into someone else's idea of what you should be. If it bothers your conscience to do something and you can afford not to, then stop doing it. If it bothers your conscience to do something, and you CANNOT afford to stop for some reason, (physiologically some people do not do as well on a pure vegetarian diet) then find a way to mitigate what ever part of what you are doing that bothers your conscience. (ie; If the suffering aspect of meat eating troubles you, and if you must eat meat to maintain your own health for some reason, be incredibly conscious of choosing meat produced by the least cruel and exploitative means possible. And eat only as much as you need to.)

Also, avoid feeling that you MUST do things in an "all or nothing" fashion. Good, as well as evil accumulates incrementally. One of the reasons we do get paralyzed in our lives and choose to do nothing is we cannot be sure we can do something forever. Dont worry about forever. Make your choices day by day based on what you need and what makes you feel good spiritually, physically, and emotionally in some sort of balanced harmony.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I do hope you and Illahee won't mind too much if I interject my own opinion here - even totally uninvited.

I certainly don't, Vanitas. And I'd like to thank you, Illahee and Illusionsaregrander for your good, well-reasoned replies to my post. I've been some kind of weird Buddhist Discordian for a few years now, and I've always thought about this, but I still eat the flesh of the creatures (and drink alcohol). So I'm going to take everything you have all said into consideration and think it over more thoroughly -- decide what I should do.

Thank you all for your great answers.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

An interesting side-note for those interested in synchronicity:

On page 33 of this thread the flag count reached 111.

I have no idea what that refers to, I tried to google it, but got all manner of answers that didnt narrow it down much. Do you have any links that might clarify?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've been following this thread faithfully for a couple of months now, and I must admit I'm intrigued. I'm a firm believer in the expression, "what comes around, goes around" and LoA seems to fit the bill perfectly.

My personal routine now consists of a private journal, time set aside for meditation and reflection, and deep breathing exercises (in lieu of yoga).

It feels like a good start. Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for the incredible wealth of inspiration and advice.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I have no idea what that refers to, I tried to google it, but got all manner of answers that didnt narrow it down much. Do you have any links that might clarify?

It doesnt refer to anything. Google the word "synchronicity" which generally refers to coincidences with numbers, names, places.

Having 111 Flags (1+1+1=3) on page 33 equals 333. Not that thats important though, its just a curiosity.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
My personal routine now consists of a private journal, time set aside for meditation and reflection, and deep breathing exercises (in lieu of yoga).

Thanks for the encouragement maria_stardust (nice name). Your routine looks similar to mine and is (imo) all thats needed. And thats after a decade of using all types of techniques, meditation, methods, ritual...having gotten back to the simple stuff of journal, meditation or reflection, breathing.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Having 111 Flags (1+1+1=3) on page 33 equals 333. Not that thats important though, its just a curiosity.

Ah. I would have ended up with 36, and so missed the coincidence.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
111 is the contact number for beings from the heavenly realm. Lets say you faintly hear your name called as if in a distance, then look at the clock and it says 1:11.

Its a coincidence no one will know or understand without that type of contact.

33 shows everywhere. Its not so much a masonic number as they noticed it shows up every where if your looking for it. If that makes sense.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

it shows up every where if your looking for it. If that makes sense.

Yes.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So here I would like to propose a test, for the old souls on the teaching journey here. I will not supply specifics till the end but there is a project that has been going on for two years with countless individuals hours and a lot of money invested. Its been going poorly for the entire time. It has been called too large to accomplish, cursed, and a goal unattainable. It is a combination of software and hardware for the safety of people. It is not for profit or to generate money it is an expense to achieve the safety of people. I do not benefit in any way. I am a steward entrusted with the work.

I am now in charge of the project but do not intend to manipulate its outcome. I want the ones who agree to focus on its speedy success based on what I have revealed to change its outcome. Myself acting as an independent observer, and to report back on failure or success. I foresee another year or more at the present rate, based on the work already done. At present it is doomed to failure.

Any one feeling up to a live fire test?

SkyFloating, Illusions, Vanitas, Bandit, SC and all of rest of the real workers on this forum?

Think about it and let me know.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join