It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How "the law of attraction" works

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hi All!

Have any of y’all noticed that when you’re “in the flow” your actions affect people around you in unforeseen good ways, even strangers benefit, the community benefits and it all came about from some simple small action? In other words, the benefit is good from all sides, like facets on a diamond?

STM

[edit on 5/8/2008 by seentoomuch]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
test (thread seems to be broken)

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Testing, testing, 123.

This is just a test.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Hi All!

Have any of y’all noticed that when you’re “in the flow” the actions you make affect people around you in unforeseen good ways, even strangers benefit, the community benefits and it all came about from some simple small action? In other words, the benefit is good from all sides, like facets on a diamond?

wow...what a way of putting it, "facets on a diamond". Yes Ive noticed. Thats why I retreat from people when Im in a lousy mood.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I have yet to read all of this thread and I look forward to it. Thank you.

I started with visualizing myself getting "rockstar" parking, as my fiance and I always call it, otherwise known as parking close to the door, like in The Secret.
Happened enough times that I was willing to believe it and started trying stoplights by imagining myself driving under the green light even under circumstances where I thought traffic just wouldn't let it happen.
Worked enough times that I thought I'd think about stuff I really really really wanted, like moving out of the slums and finding a job where I would be mostly happy and interact with people instead of hiding in my dark cave.
Not to say I didn't do work to get those things, because I certainly did.
However, my fiance landed a job in a really nice section of the metro I didn't even realize was really populated, and I started getting tons of interviews after I flooded all the job sites for all the jobs I might -possibly- be able to stand, instead of just flooding the job sites and hearing nothing. Then I got an interview for a job that would place the apartments where I wanted to rent nearly exactly between the interview job and my fiance's work. I actually managed to truly ace an interview, win someone over to my side despite my lack of communication skills and all my other self doubts. Now I have a position that I wanted, I work with good people, I talk to a bazillion different people, don't have to drive on the freeway and live maybe 10 minutes from work on a bad day. Not that every day is a sunny walk in the park; I have my own set of challenges...but at least they're new challenges, and I've taken a step in the right direction. I believed it could happen, rather than "wanting" it, "wishing" it would happen. It did.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Itamirisse

Good work Itamirisse! Well Done.

Right there is a clear and concise exercise of the parable of the talents. Its so satisfying to hear of successes, because it is a shining example to others who believe they are trapped, when in fact the only thing trapped is their own mind.

Great Work, you will be prosperous and well loved in your new life. Just remember to always be there for others.Never forget to take time to teach them, so better can come for their lives. Never get caught up in the self (ego) or the gold rush, and your success it written in stone.

Best to you,

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Illahee]

[edit on 9-5-2008 by Illahee]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Itamirisse

I love it when people use this stuff in a grounded and practical way with true results but without getting all hyped up about it not working.

When you want something but could also do without, thats when it works best.

Great report!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Today I had an experience with L.O.A. I was watching a show I tevo'd and the phone rang, and I went to the kitchen to pick it up and forgot to stop the show while I talked on the phone . I remembered, and tried to reach the remote controller but i was 12 feet away on a land line. I didn't want to interrupt my call for the show , after all I could rewind it. I tried again to do the reach by changing ears and stretching but to no avail.
After I hung up... I went back in and the show was on hold where I left the room! I hit the resume button and watched my show. Just goes to show we can even influence machines.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Another good report. Good work!

I get the impression that once folks wrap their heads around the concept a very high number are successful.

Thanks for the good report.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've got two success stories to share. Earlier this year I began reading the Abraham/Hicks series and began using some of the principals I learned from the books. Of course every one always mentions winning the lottery when they first learn of LOA, so I decided to try that, only with a spin. We own a business where we sell lottery tickets, so I decided that I wanted a loyal customer who regularly purchashed tickets from us to win the big bucks. I also specified that I wanted it to be someone who would put the money to good use. Well, the winner didn't hit the mega millions, but we did have a wonderful customer of over 25 years win $150,000.00. I found out about his win and our subsequent commission on the same day that I learned that my daughter needed her wisdom teeth removed. This procedure costs around $1,500.00 in my area. While I could easily afford to pay for this I honestly wasn't surprised when my husband told me we would receive a check for just that amount. One week before her surgery the check arrived.

Then, just last week, I made a totally impractical impulse purchase and immediately regretted it. I decided that I deserved this item and the money would show up. Later that week I got two checks from my insurance company from office visits almost a year ago. I had no idea this money was due to me. The checks totaled $1 less than my purchase!

I'll let you know when the Lexus shows up in my drive.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I gave you a star just for the good sense to know that self benefit comes as a residual to doing for others. Great report and keep up the good work.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Brilliant twist to the lottery-thing there. Intentions voiced/written without egoical inflations of self-importance usually do work rapidly.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomorrow
After I hung up... I went back in and the show was on hold where I left the room! I hit the resume button and watched my show. Just goes to show we can even influence machines.

remote influencing the remote control? Thats pretty good. Some call that telekinesis.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
[edit on 16-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My last experience with LOA was that I was looking for a publisher of a book and singled out who my favourite publisher would be. But before I got to contacting him, he contacted me.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi guys,
I am sure you have all seen the “Sigil” thread. Isn’t this just a different interpretation of the LOA?

While reading that thread I was reminded of a time many moons ago when I sat in on a few of my brothers “Wicca” meetings. I remember writing down our desires and casting them into a big black pot to burn.
I was single at the time and they had me write down on piece of paper what my perfect mate would be. I have not though much about that night until reading the sigil thread, and it dawned on me that the woman I described on that piece of paper and burned up in the fire is now my wife of 15 years.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by tommyknockers]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyknockers

There are so many variations of this stuff...thats one of them for sure.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I am sure you have all seen the “Sigil” thread. Isn’t this just a different interpretation of the LOA?

It is certainly harnessing the very same underlying principle, there's no doubt about that.

And - as you yourself found out, the nice way - there is no wish, however outrageous it may sound to the world, that cannot come true.

I wish I had found out about that the nice way myself...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
Hi guys,

[edit on 16-5-2008 by tommyknockers]

Yes and no. To answer the question a master merely thinks of his intention as that and their is a follow through. It can be enhanced by many of the steps outlined here but it actually requires nothing to produce something. I asked a question about numbers in sigils and it took a day or two for someone to make something up. Its a made up fad. Does it use the same power? To a degree, depending on the nature of the host.

This new round of sigils is really just the wave of pop magic that comes by every ten years or so. In more ancient times it had the brand of black magic and many specific rules and requirements of things and paraphernalia.

Law of Attraction has had many names over the centuries. Even Jesus distilled it down to Ask, Believe, and Receive, and gave instruction as to how to go into the closet and ask in private what the father would reward openly.
That is the core difference. It is just done.

I would expect to see a pop sigil book eventually outlining all sort of wild rules and unneeded work soon.

10 years ago it was the Celt magic craze, before that the candle magic fad, before that it was magic at home. None of it effective or with the results of the Law of Aattraction.

It is a Law because it is unchanging and always works.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
My last experience with LOA was that I was looking for a publisher of a book and singled out who my favourite publisher would be. But before I got to contacting him, he contacted me.

Is that what I think it is because I was sort of getting tired of waiting and felt it might need a push. Same one?

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join